New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    She succeeds!
    Celica starts crying.
    Noelle keeps hugging Celica, and whispers again, "Don't worry. Before anything else can happen, you have to accept the new you. Just embrace it, and enjoy your new gifts."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Noelle keeps hugging Celica, and whispers again, "Don't worry. Before anything else can happen, you have to accept the new you. Just embrace it, and enjoy your new gifts."
    Y-you're right, I guess...
    She replies, still crying.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Y-you're right, I guess...
    She replies, still crying.
    Noelle smiles and says, "Mmhmm. Now that your calmer, doesn't this feel nice? You're stronger, faster, and have more endurance." She pulls out a vial of blood and offers it to Celica, saying, "Here, drink this. It'll help you feel better."

4. - Top - End - #364

Noelle smiles and says, "Mmhmm. Now that your calmer, doesn't this feel nice? You're stronger, faster, and have more endurance." She pulls out a vial of blood and offers it to Celica, saying, "Here, drink this. It'll help you feel better."
    Celiac sighs, and downs the blood.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The fairy's eyes - two glowing dust motes that they are - also seem to grow a bit wider. "You can speak?" Gah! The little one has a voice This could alter the contract. She turns to look at the others, but at the sound of Laela's voice, they've disappeared!
    [The Frescot House]

Laela plops back onto her butt, but she's not letting the fairy go yet. "Ya. Daddy says I talk good." She pauses uncertainly. "You're shiny." She observes.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Celiac sighs, and downs the blood.
    Noelle let's go of Celica, grins and says, "I hope you enjoyed that. Now, how do you feel? Better?"

7. - Top - End - #367

Noelle let's go of Celica, grins and says, "I hope you enjoyed that. Now, how do you feel? Better?"
    Celica nods.
    I need to buy some things, now that I think about it. You're welcome to accompany me, I guess...
    Celica doesn't seem too happy.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Celica nods.
    I need to buy some things, now that I think about it. You're welcome to accompany me, I guess...
    Celica doesn't seem too happy.
    Noelle sighs and says, "Aw, don't be that way. I'm ready to go when you are." And, cut to Mallside.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Summit Springs - Mimi's Abode]

"Well yeah, but that's still a lot slower than flying." Mimi tries to continue getting up, and then pull Riss up and into her arms. Looks like they're not bothering with clothes. "Let's go!" And unless Riss protests, the pixie takes off.

She flies into one of those wall paths, and hurries along it. This near to her room, the pixie has apparently 'painted' something onto the walls. There are plenty of colours, but Riss can't make out what it is while they're moving so fast.
    Well, Riss probably could make out quite a lot of things, having such a quick mind, but it was very likely that they wouldn't be her focus for the moment seeing how Mimi was intent on going a specific somewhere. Of course it would be evident that she hardly minded being carried along although she did find the proportional distance to the floor to be a bit more worrysome than she had expected, resulting in her clinging a bit tighter to the pixie until they were traveling through the path in question. Sure, she would likely be able to survive the fall as she didn't have quite the mass to cause her the same damage on impact but knowing that and experiencing it were two completely different things.

"It looks like you've been keeping youself occupied." the muse said, managing a calmer voice than her clinging would correlate to. Even when Mimi made to let her go, she would still keep her tail wrapped around the pixie's waist for the time being.

10. - Top - End - #370

[Fettina's Place Numero Dos!]

Tina, Cassidy and Dena arrive here in a drunken heap! The first challenge will probably be making it to the elevator. The robot driver is quite 'happy' to carry one or two ladies, should it be necessary. Or heck, if it isn't, he has to do it anyway.

Ah, but Cassidy's never been here. It's a towering spire, an enormous metal rod set every thirty feet with a wide, curvy platform hanging out over nothing. They're arranged in a variety of ways, but over all, a beautiful blue pulse travels up the sides of the building, from the ground to the tip, where it winks out in a dazzling burst of light. This happens in swift, gentle waves every twenty seconds or so.

"Hey... you're home now. Maybe I should get home as well." Dena states, blinking as her eyes are hit by the dazzling light. Drow from her world didn't have that poor light vision but in her drunken state she actually had a bit of a hard time seeing.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Coconut Bee Island Do I have all three, now?

Alice, and possibly the others, tilt her head to one side. "Huh. That's quite cool." Alice will follow, proposing to the other parts of her new hive mind that they select a new name, to denote their cohesive whole, whilst keeping their personal names for the specific bodies and aspects of their personality.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Coconut Bee Island]

You do have them all!
    The other parts of her are more or less amenable to this, with the only provision being that they not be named after any kind of plant. She's had enough of that already.
    Derek would be somewhat amused to hear them using the same convention that he has for their name.
    "And here we are, back to Skyside. If you don't need a moment to collect yourself."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

Coconut Bee Island

It's not deliberate- I'm not familiar enough with Derek and his lot to know how they do it.

Alice agrees with the plant thing, and was thinking something along the lines of Meddwl a Rennir- Welsh for 'shared thoughts'. But admits it's rather obvious, and is open for suggestions. "I think we're good, thank you." She's not trying to just use one voice now, so all three will talk, and smile, in unison. They can practice independent movement when they're alone; for now, they can head back to Derek's Skyside offices.

Which reminds me that I have no idea what's happened to the Wemic, Crutithiah or Sweetcandy.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

[Fettina's Place]

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Oh, I couldn't. It was my pleasure." Sebastian says, still smiling with a giddy enthusiasm. Really, as much fun as ignoring his moral sense has been, accepting payment for it seems... a bit much.

"And you haven't even seen the pictures yet. They're wonderful. I think you two will have quite the career as models." Thumbing through the hefty stack of photos, he plucks a select few from the pile to show the girls. They are, indeed, very easy on the eyes, and some are even modest enough to fit in a decent portfolio.
    "You... uh. Really?" Tina says woozily, blinking a few times. She doesn't seem to think he understands what the girls meant by payment. Again, uh. She won't press, if he's that oblivious or, Gods forbid, uninterested. She straightens up behind Shrike again, her hands left empty. Well, unless you count the handfuls of Shrike they're clutching a moment later. "M'kay. Give em' here."

If Shrike takes them, she'll prop her chin on the Exalt's shoulder and glance over their photographs. Wow. "I usually like to toot somebody else's horn if you know what I mean, but..."
    Shrike also looks just a little surprised at Sebastian's seeming obliviousness, but Fettina's wandering hands prove a very adequate distraction. Grinning a bit dazedly as well, she accepts the photos, letting Tina look. "Hey, babe, you toot my horn, and I'll toot yours. You did great." Grinning more, she winked at Sebastian. "Sure you don't want any compensation?" she drawled, winking.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2014-03-07 at 04:53 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #375

Maxwell doesn't begin eating immediately. He takes a seat beside Shark and just watches him a moment, a pleased smile on his lips. "Oh, it makes itself as we go along. We've crossed the same hundred feet or so several times now."
    "Huh. I won't bother to ask how that works," Shark says. Max can probably see that he's not terribly refined about eating for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza kisses Hildur softly, laying her down on the futon with a giggle.
    Mmmmh, nice as this is, I can't wait til we get the bed.
    Hildur sighs as she's laid on the futon. "Oh, a bed will be fantastic," she says.

Tina, Cassidy and Dena arrive here in a drunken heap! The first challenge will probably be making it to the elevator. The robot driver is quite 'happy' to carry one or two ladies, should it be necessary. Or heck, if it isn't, he has to do it anyway.

Ah, but Cassidy's never been here. It's a towering spire, an enormous metal rod set every thirty feet with a wide, curvy platform hanging out over nothing. They're arranged in a variety of ways, but over all, a beautiful blue pulse travels up the sides of the building, from the ground to the tip, where it winks out in a dazzling burst of light. This happens in swift, gentle waves every twenty seconds or so.
    Cassidy looks over the tower for a few seconds. "You got one glam place, Tina," she says. There's a slight slur to her voice, although her body is more able to process alcohol than most. "Normally not my style, but you're okay."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Coconut Bee Island

Alice agrees with the plant thing, and was thinking something along the lines of Meddwl a Rennir- Welsh for 'shared thoughts'. But admits it's rather obvious, and is open for suggestions. "I think we're good, thank you." She's not trying to just use one voice now, so all three will talk, and smile, in unison. They can practice independent movement when they're alone; for now, they can head back to Derek's Skyside offices.

Which reminds me that I have no idea what's happened to the Wemic, Crutithiah or Sweetcandy.
    It is a rather obvious scheme, but IC he gets to note the coincidence.

The rest of them wonders why Welsh, not being familiar with the language save through Alice. It does describe them, shared thoughts, words, selves.
    All three the same, how cute. "You're welcome." Derek leads back through the portal, changing threads.

Cruitithiah would be working in the gardens still, with the reptilian head-gardener showing her how to care for all the plants and asking too many questions about nirnroots. They've been on the island a while, but not for the whole of the day.
    The Wemic, I imagine, has been given her javelins by now, and sent into Outside to look for things of interest. Like nirnroots!
    Sweetcandy is still back at the Skyside offices being watched carefully by a minion after having her leg set. I would presume she's been given something safe, like a stuffed tadpole, in order to play with, but that part hasn't happened onscreen. The ones who went to look for her parents got involved fighting beholders, one of whom was killed by the cannons. The other beholder destroyed a cannon and sent its crew running off, was shot at, and hasn't done anything since, though it's probably about to disintegrate the minion in charge.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Coconut Bee Island

Alice was raised on Welsh and Common being used interchangeably, so it's merely the only language besides Common she feels comfortable with. They're welcome to suggest translations in other languages, though.

I put Nirnroots just about everywhere, really.

And I think it's your turn for that outside scene, too. Could be wrong- I've lost track.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Well, Riss probably could make out quite a lot of things, having such a quick mind, but it was very likely that they wouldn't be her focus for the moment seeing how Mimi was intent on going a specific somewhere. Of course it would be evident that she hardly minded being carried along although she did find the proportional distance to the floor to be a bit more worrysome than she had expected, resulting in her clinging a bit tighter to the pixie until they were traveling through the path in question. Sure, she would likely be able to survive the fall as she didn't have quite the mass to cause her the same damage on impact but knowing that and experiencing it were two completely different things.

"It looks like you've been keeping youself occupied." the muse said, managing a calmer voice than her clinging would correlate to. Even when Mimi made to let her go, she would still keep her tail wrapped around the pixie's waist for the time being.
    [Summit Springs - Mimi's Abode]

"Huh?" The pixie slows down and looks at the walls. "Oh yeah. I just did that when I was really bored." The images are as sloppy as they are totally out there. It seems Mimi just scrawled whatever her imagination conjured up. She sure has an active imagination. Though how many of the objects, places, creatures, and people Mimi drew are real is a mystery to Riss.

19. - Top - End - #379

[Summit Springs - In the Walls]

An active imagination was at least a good sign of a brain well exercised. Riss knew better than to expect either of her fey to share her predilections toward how she used her own mind, although she was still attempting to supply at least a few of the basics towards that respect. "I see. Are there any of them that you like in particular?" she inquired. Really it was just making conversation as her pixie relocated the pair of them to wherever she had planned.

"Hey, Mimi?" she asked after a few moments more, presumably after the pixie had elucidated either way on any art she was fond of. "You know how I'm working on learning more about runecraft and the like? I know I mentioned it a bit while I was working on the circle with Sora in my lab but I don't think I really spoke much of it other than in passing.. Anyway, at sometime later, would you be willing to help me out with a few experements?" she asked. Hopefully harmless ones at that. Not that they're naturally dangerous so much as I'm not sure I completely trust my current level of understanding..

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Hildur sighs as she's laid on the futon. "Oh, a bed will be fantastic," she says.
    [Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza giggles, snuggling next to her fiancee. All soft and fluffy and big, so much room to cuddle up in...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Crypt

Deep within a sealed stone crypt decorated with tranished crosses and tattered tapestries, Terek arrives with Noelle and Aeritb in tow.

It's dark down here, and there are shattered coffins overflowing with broken bones in the stone racks around the room. Dried blood coats a few walls.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Crypt

Deep within a sealed stone crypt decorated with tranished crosses and tattered tapestries, Terek arrives with Noelle and Aeritb in tow.

It's dark down here, and there are shattered coffins overflowing with broken bones in the stone racks around the room. Dried blood coats a few walls.
    The unconscious vampiress slowly wakes up, and her eyes widen as she looks around.
    Where am I?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

[The Mortuary]

Noelle slowly wakes up a few minutes after Aerith, shaking her head and muttering, "Ugh...What happened..." When she sees Terek, she tries to attack him, but realizes she's still to wounded to do anything useful.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

more of a tomb, really

"Sit," Terek commands the vampiratesses, "Actually, uh, kneel."

Somewhere, something goes 'mwack'...

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

25. - Top - End - #385

more of a tomb, really

"Sit," Terek commands the vampiratesses, "Actually, uh, kneel."

Somewhere, something goes 'mwack'...
    Aerith kneels down, compelled.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

[Tombs]

Noelle kneels beside her captain, her face a mask of anger and pain.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Tomb

Terek paces back and forth.

"Okay, I've got a problem here. You see, usually I kill vampires. Understandably, right? I mean, you are all bloodsucking parasites."

(Recaiden) He lives!

28. - Top - End - #388

Tomb

Terek paces back and forth.

"Okay, I've got a problem here. You see, usually I kill vampires. Understandably, right? I mean, you are all bloodsucking parasites."
    Have you considered curing them?
    Aerith asks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

[Death of the Family]

Noelle blinks nervously, and glares at Terek silently as she fiddles with her fingers behind her back.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Tombs

"Oh, yeah, and why don't we let the mass murderers out of the gulag once they apologize?" Terek scoffs and shakes his head, "And I mean, what was with that boat of yours? It didn't blow up!"

(Recaiden) He lives!