New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

I see plaid as a manly pattern because I associate it with lumberjacks. And then with Irish/Scottish dudes throwing tree trunks. Then as an afterthought I remember that it's a common pattern for things like pleated skirts, which are kind of like a girly version of kilts. There's some cultural bias all up in there. Also I don't personally like plaid much. The shades of red and green involved, and the way they interact, don't appeal to me much.
    Jude P.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Blegh. Okie doke, I'll refrain. I'd hate to call you briàn by accident.
    ...huh. Briàn is a word? Silly iOS.
    I think that's a name, too. Silly Europe.

No silly, Dylan's-girlfriend, so when she takes you shopping you can get stuff. Although the more I say it all out loud the less fun and the more creepy it gets >.<

Oh well.
    Oh. That makes more sense.

(I had a long day yesterday - sorry if I seemed annoyed. *Hugs*)

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    That, I get. The "funny" part is that out of all the times sex is involved, there's a very low percentage of acts made with the explicit intention to make babies.
    To complete the example above, men are generally considered "trapped" if they get their partner pregnant. They're supposed to be the ones asking for that activity, but rarely seem to desire the biological consequences.
    Beside sex, few other biological imperatives get the same treatment. For many people, food is less important than some arbitrary good shape; sleep hinders work and fun activities; diseases are always treated no matter how life-threatening or incurable they are; every day people get their bodies permanently altered for purely aesthetic purposes. (Again, these activities are vastly unnatural, and sometimes irrational, but that doesn't make them bad, far from it.)
    Of course, I may be biased in that I don't generally like sex nor children...
    I haven't seen aesthetic body modification being approached lightly as much as I've seen it demonized. I don't get what's supposed to be wrong with someone else changing something they don't like on their own body, but apparently it's just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    That.....i dont know what to say *Hug*

P.S. Ill send you some polish baked into a cake or something if you cant get any lol

Actually, I should be getting some polish (and a purse) the next time I go to Dylan's.

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    I haven't seen aesthetic body modification being approached lightly as much as I've seen it demonized. I don't get what's supposed to be wrong with someone else changing something they don't like on their own body, but apparently it's just terrible.
    Several people I know (who are cis) have had cosmetic surgeries (nose, liftings, breasts, etc...). They didn't really get demonized for these, although it's not a subject that pops up often either.
    I don't think it's inherently wrong either, for the record.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

4. - Top - End - #604
    Halfling in the Playground

You are all such dilligent posters! Here I sit, mulling over a post I'd like to make for a few days, and suddenly! 20 pages ahead of me.
    But I do enjoy your stories, even though this weekend seemed a bit rough for a bunch of you. *hugs*
    I have faith in your future happiness. You are all caring, honest and open. That may mean taking more punches, but it also means getting more hugs. *hugshugshugs*

When life gets me down, I like to watch & listen to this video, which is about sunset-coloured clouds and swords of glitter and horses on beaches - all set in a homoromantic friendship disco universe. It is also how the 80's would have looked if they had modern technology.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21F39BCgUk

I have a bunch of stories that I would like to share. I think the main one is the one where I started receiving text messages from an unknown number. Apparently, this nice man has seen pictures of me somewhere on the internet and was so impressed by my beauty () and striking, feminine looks that he had to look me up on the yellow pages and tell me.
    So we talk a bit, and he is somewhere in the genderloop (referring to himself as a crossdresser) who thinks I should do a lot of drag with him and who wants to buy me fabulous dresses so he can help me reach my potential.
    Aside from the inherent creepiness that is strangers contacting you because they think you should dress up with them, I am mostly worried about the strong element of gift giving he keeps emphasizing. I never give gifts lightly, and I don't think I can receive them lightly either.
    I am of course very flattered too, and as soon as he's been cleared by security, I am sure it will be interesting and maybe a friendship. (cleared by security means meeting him a few times in public in daylight and getting a last name from him.)

The other stories are mostly about dating young men in very tight shorts and how easy it is to impress them with kisses and pizza. Spring has certainly sprung.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I see plaid as a manly pattern because I associate it with lumberjacks.
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay~♪
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #606

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay~♪
    You are making me hungry. *Chews Lix a little*
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Several people I know (who are cis) have had cosmetic surgeries (nose, liftings, breasts, etc...). They didn't really get demonized for these, although it's not a subject that pops up often either.
    I don't think it's inherently wrong either, for the record.
    It's a good example of microproblematic versus macroproblematic things.

If I, personally, hate my, say, tummy, and I feel uncomfortable with my tummy, or feel like it's important to me to change it, and I spend my money on surgery to do that, okay, it's a bit extreme, and maybe it was unnecessary. Hopefully someone along the line has checked that I'm stable about it and I don't seem likely to slide onto a body-hate surgery-binge, and I understand that having a non-chubby tummy won't magically solve all of life's problems for me, and also explained the risks inherent in any surgery to me in a way I understand. But I'm allowed, and well within my rights to spend my money on such a thing, and, as an individual, I've done nothing wrong.

But when, as a culture, there is a trend of healthy young people (or anyone else) feeling they need to undergo surgery to better conform to an unrealistic standard presented to us as an ideal every day, disproportionately but not exclusively women, then it's time to take a look at the cultural messages that tell people the way to be happy is to look sexually attractive and the way to achieve sexual attractiveness if you aren't born with it (or even if you are!) is to undergo unnecessary surgery.

Now, obviously there's a sliding scale in cosmetic-surgery land, from seemingly superficial problems (like, say, getting rid of normal aging wrinkles) to things that may not seem important to everyone but are very important to the person involved (including most cosmetic surgery that trans people opt for). I certainly wouldn't ban it, and I certainly don't think it's a bad thing that we have the near-magical power to change aspects of people's appearances that we can use for good. I'm just saying I think there would be less cosmetic surgery in a world that was less vicious about body image, and that that would be a positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post

I have a bunch of stories that I would like to share. I think the main one is the one where I started receiving text messages from an unknown number. Apparently, this nice man has seen pictures of me somewhere on the internet and was so impressed by my beauty () and striking, feminine looks that he had to look me up on the yellow pages and tell me.
    So we talk a bit, and he is somewhere in the genderloop (referring to himself as a crossdresser) who thinks I should do a lot of drag with him and who wants to buy me fabulous dresses so he can help me reach my potential.
    Aside from the inherent creepiness that is strangers contacting you because they think you should dress up with them, I am mostly worried about the strong element of gift giving he keeps emphasizing. I never give gifts lightly, and I don't think I can receive them lightly either.
    I am of course very flattered too, and as soon as he's been cleared by security, I am sure it will be interesting and maybe a friendship. (cleared by security means meeting him a few times in public in daylight and getting a last name from him.)
    Proceed with extreme caution! If it was me, I'd be blocking that number and double-extra-private-ing all my internets things, but if you're less concerned about creepy internet people, still be extra-super careful the first few times you see this person, if you choose to. Bring a friend, tell somewhere where you are and when you'll be back, meet in a public place with two exits so you can slip out if necessary, etc etc, you've heard all this before!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Kinky. I'm 0kay with this.
    May I ask whyyyyyyyy?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Dwarf in the Playground

That, I get. The "funny" part is that out of all the times sex is involved, there's a very low percentage of acts made with the explicit intention to make babies.
    To complete the example above, men are generally considered "trapped" if they get their partner pregnant. They're supposed to be the ones asking for that activity, but rarely seem to desire the biological consequences.
    (...)
    Reproduction was never the driving force behind sex, it's the other way around. Humans (and this is not exclusive to males) do not engage in sexual activity because they feel the urge to procreate, they do it either to relief sexual tension or to feel pleasure.

Was procreation an actual primary need built into our instincts, then you might have had a point, but that's not the case.

10. - Top - End - #610

My boyfriend doesn't know that there is a whole queer internet community following every step of our relationship.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

11. - Top - End - #611
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Proceed with extreme caution! ... etc etc, you've heard all this before!
    Thanks for the warning words. I had most of the precautions planned, but didn't think to bring a friend. Must admit that I've never met any creepy internet people, so I am not too worried. Still, it pays to be prepared. But still. He's offering a day in the park in summer dresses at one point when I feel comfortable enough. Who can say no to goys and birls in summer dresses?

Regarding body modification:
    I think it's a bit extreme how far it is taken these days, but I think the real culprit behind negative body images is found in the media - cosmetic surgery as such is mainly, I think, people expressing what they are shown to be ideals. But I don't think I can say anything else without going into politics.
    I will, however, say that I spent a long time trying to convince my exboyfriend that it didn't bother him that I had no abs. "my belly is soft as a kitten's!". I mainly convinced myself that I was okay, and I guess that's the most important.

Also Shiro:
    Everyone should have secret admirers. You guys have.. a bunch! :)

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    My boyfriend doesn't know that there is a whole queer internet community following every step of our relationship.
    Just wait until we start giving you helpful advice on how to get him in bed with you.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #613

I'm guessing the guy will be nice enough, but more than a little servile.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is sounding like something I have an eerily accurate sense for. Someone who gets off on feminization and submission. The gifts - "tribute" is the word used most often in the scene - are just his way of reinforcing the dynamic.

Odds are you'll be safe. As much as meeting any other internet stranger, at least. but it sounds like this is getting to the fetish end of the field.

Sharp: Out of curiosity, how old are you? It's nice to see another voice saying "we need to make things better, but we need to have a realistic understanding of human nature before we start mucking about".

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Frozen Feet! Is it just me, or did you disappear for a while? *Hugs*
    I rarely post in these threads, so that may have given you the impression I've been gone. I did take something nearing a two weeks' break lately due to a new job, though.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #615

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Just wait until we start giving you helpful advice on how to get him in bed with you.
    May I suggest whipped cream, two dozen strawberries, cake batter and a watergun? :P
    She can swing from a web

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

The traditional Swedish way involves getting him drunk and shagging him on the veranda. Works for women as well.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

May I suggest whipped cream, two dozen strawberries, cake batter and a watergun? :P
    Make that chocolate covered strawberries.

It's times like these that I miss a certain ex. She had her own fondue set and usually had some strawberries and chocolate.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-23 at 02:59 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

That's so great! Your relationship is basically our equivalent of the "and on a lighter note" part of the news crossed with a soap.

Thanks for the warning words. I had most of the precautions planned, but didn't think to bring a friend. Must admit that I've never met any creepy internet people, so I am not too worried. Still, it pays to be prepared. But still. He's offering a day in the park in summer dresses at one point when I feel comfortable enough. Who can say no to goys and birls in summer dresses?
    Sounds great. This could be a genuine birl (? goy? I'm confused by the terminology!) and it could be that you end up close friends having summertime fun. Just keep in mind your own safety, take reasonable precautions until you know him better and trust your instincts. Definitely worth it just on the off chance that he's not genuine. A friend who shows up with you (or "happens to be in the area!") and can scoot off or stick around - or distract him while you make a break for it - is worth their weight in gold for this stuff! And no shame in taking it slow; if this guy is decent, he'll understand you're justified in playing it safe. Good luck! I hope it works out great for you, however you play it.

Regarding body modification:
    I think it's a bit extreme how far it is taken these days, but I think the real culprit behind negative body images is found in the media - cosmetic surgery as such is mainly, I think, people expressing what they are shown to be ideals. But I don't think I can say anything else without going into politics.
    I will, however, say that I spent a long time trying to convince my exboyfriend that it didn't bother him that I had no abs. "my belly is soft as a kitten's!". I mainly convinced myself that I was okay, and I guess that's the most important.
    I agree!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

If I, personally, hate my, say, tummy, and I feel uncomfortable with my tummy, or feel like it's important to me to change it, and I spend my money on surgery to do that, okay, it's a bit extreme, and maybe it was unnecessary. Hopefully someone along the line has checked that I'm stable about it and I don't seem likely to slide onto a body-hate surgery-binge, and I understand that having a non-chubby tummy won't magically solve all of life's problems for me, and also explained the risks inherent in any surgery to me in a way I understand. But I'm allowed, and well within my rights to spend my money on such a thing, and, as an individual, I've done nothing wrong.

But when, as a culture, there is a trend of healthy young people (or anyone else) feeling they need to undergo surgery to better conform to an unrealistic standard presented to us as an ideal every day, disproportionately but not exclusively women, then it's time to take a look at the cultural messages that tell people the way to be happy is to look sexually attractive and the way to achieve sexual attractiveness if you aren't born with it (or even if you are!) is to undergo unnecessary surgery.

Now, obviously there's a sliding scale in cosmetic-surgery land, from seemingly superficial problems (like, say, getting rid of normal aging wrinkles) to things that may not seem important to everyone but are very important to the person involved (including most cosmetic surgery that trans people opt for). I certainly wouldn't ban it, and I certainly don't think it's a bad thing that we have the near-magical power to change aspects of people's appearances that we can use for good. I'm just saying I think there would be less cosmetic surgery in a world that was less vicious about body image, and that that would be a positive thing.
    Well, thanks for expressing perfectly what I was thinking, but didn't post, due to lack of time! I should just go on holidays, and you'll contribute to discussions in my name. That would even improve the general quality of my posting.

So... we got the tickets for Lady Gaga. If he doesn't squeal like an excited puppy at the concert, something will be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

20. - Top - End - #620

Kinky. I'm 0kay with this.
    May I ask whyyyyyyyy?
    Because the lumberjack song :<
    She can swing from a web

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Proceed with extreme caution! If it was me, I'd be blocking that number and double-extra-private-ing all my internets things, but if you're less concerned about creepy internet people, still be extra-super careful the first few times you see this person, if you choose to. Bring a friend, tell somewhere where you are and when you'll be back, meet in a public place with two exits so you can slip out if necessary, etc etc, you've heard all this before!
    C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Because the lumberjack song :<
    So... singing the lumberjack song makes Trilby nibble me in a flirty way?

♪ I sleep all night and I work all day~
    I cut down trees, I eat mah lunch,
    I go the lavatory
    On wednesdays I go shopping, and have buttered scones for tea!~♪

23. - Top - End - #623
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chorus (if I remember it right)

♪ She's a lumberjack and She's OK
    She sleeps all night and She works all day~
    She cuts down trees, She eats her lunch,
    She goes to the lavatory
    On Wednesdays she goes shoppin', and has buttered scones for tea!~♪
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

24. - Top - End - #624

I go the lavatory
    SCONES! SCONES! SCONES! *Bites Lix hard*

and please, Lea >.>
    Last edited by Lea Plath; 2012-04-23 at 05:42 PM.
    She can swing from a web

25. - Top - End - #625

That wasn't creepy at all. ^_^

Or just whipped cream, loaded in a watergun?

The traditional Swedish way involves getting him drunk and shagging him on the veranda. Works for women as well.
    Reminds me of the American method.

... Minus blaring Journey from your car.

I go the lavatory
    ... *Also nibbles* >.>

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

Or just whipped cream, loaded in a watergun?

~Bianca
    WHOA that wasn't subtle at all.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

I am being nibbled by two pretties.

This is good for my state of mind.

♪~I cut down trees, I skip and jump
    I like to press wild flowarrs
    I put on women's clothing
    And hang around in bars~! ♪

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

No, you couldn't do it with whipped cream /once it's whipped, it's not liquid - it wouldn't spurt. I mean squirt.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

29. - Top - End - #629

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    WHOA that wasn't subtle at all.
    ... Only now do I think of what sounded like. DXD

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

This thread has taught me more about the mechanics of whipped cream in foreplay than I could possibly wish to know.

And I used to such a shy and innocent flower before I started hanging around here....