New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Does a Rebirthed character count? Do you just need to kill Diablo The Dark Lord with the character that started at level 1 to get the pet?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #662
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Does a Rebirthed character count? Do you just need to kill Diablo The Dark Lord with the character that started at level 1 to get the pet?
    I just completed it with a Rebirthed character, worked fine.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

I get faster at leveling... or it just is the Witch Doctor awesomeness.

Got to level 66 in one sitting (with breaks around 3 hours). And I really like the skills... can't wait to reach level 70 to get my first set pieces.

Will get a bit of stuff first on the level 70 char then go into the special event, any clue until when it is going?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. The problem was I killed him with my wife. You need to do it solo.

Okay, so I just killed Diablo The Dark Lord with a new character and got my pet. I've completed all the Achievements except for Hero of Tristram (still have some Uniques to encounter) and the one with the precursor cultist notes.

Is there anything I'm supposed to do with the cow ghosts form the cow corpses near Adria's hut?
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I just killed Diablo The Dark Lord with a new character and got my pet. I've completed all the Achievements except for Hero of Tristram (still have some Uniques to encounter) and the one with the precursor cultist notes.

Is there anything I'm supposed to do with the cow ghosts form the cow corpses near Adria's hut?
    To quote the shrub from the Deku Tree in OoT: Twenty-three is number one!

You'll find an item that tells you how to interact with them

And am I right in hearing that they did a Halls of the Blind? Okay, sold. I gotta try this.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2017-01-07 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #666
    Spamalot in the Playground

3 chapters down! We might set a record this season. Level 70 and we have 4 pieces of our Gift each already.

I answered this already, though in your defense I had spoilered it Go ahead and open the spoiler and you'll see exactly what to do, or follow the guide I linked earlier.

We almost made the same mistake. Luckily we noticed before wasting too much progress and restarted the event.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    And am I right in hearing that they did a Halls of the Blind? Okay, sold. I gotta try this.
    They did, and it's every bit as annoying as the original - especially for a long-range build.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Whelp, I got everything from the cute little nostalgia-trip. The most annoying part was getting all of the named to pop. For some reason, there was one guy on level 6 that just WOULD NOT POP, and the dudes on level 9... there's only ONE of the three that will pop at any given time, and one seemed to be HEAVILY favored over the other two. Same thing with level 11.

My two cents:

I would've REALLY liked the 'back doors' at level 5 and 9, at least. That would've saved me ever so much backtracking. Particularly when doing the Black Mushroom quest.

The Halls of the Blind didn't seem too bad, but then, I kinda cheated and dropped the difficulty all the way back to around T5 on my T8-9ish Wizard. The firewalker boots mostly took care of them. I was porting all over the place anyway.

It's a shame none of the loot was worth a crap to anyone already decked out in their sets. It would've been nice to, say, be wearing an Occular Amulet, or Arcayne's Valor, or the Harlequin's Crest, or somesuch like that. And the pieces of gear that was clearly named after extremely infamous pieces from D1 (Archangel's Staff of Apocalypse, Lordly Plate of the Whale, Kings Longsword of Haste) just... didn't measure up. And honestly, couldn't ever begin to measure up. Ahh well.

It was a good nostalgia run. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

8. - Top - End - #668

The Halls of the Blind didn't seem too bad, but then, I kinda cheated and dropped the difficulty all the way back to around T5 on my T8-9ish Wizard. The firewalker boots mostly took care of them. I was porting all over the place anyway.
    I used UE demon hunter, a build that wants as little in melee range as possible. So you can imagine how well enemies that are unnoticeable until they're in your armpits went over.

It's a shame none of the loot was worth a crap to anyone already decked out in their sets. It would've been nice to, say, be wearing an Occular Amulet, or Arcayne's Valor, or the Harlequin's Crest, or somesuch like that. And the pieces of gear that was clearly named after extremely infamous pieces from D1 (Archangel's Staff of Apocalypse, Lordly Plate of the Whale, Kings Longsword of Haste) just... didn't measure up. And honestly, couldn't ever begin to measure up. Ahh well.
    Yeah, not only was the gear terrible and had no unique transmogs (really, Harlequin Crest and Arkaine's Valor should have gotten something), they also seem to ignore Loot 2.0. I would find "Godly Plate of the Whale" that would have a bonus to a Demon Hunter skill, but also have Strength main stat. What's the point of that?

Anyway, Ch 4 complete and doing Slayer. Now the real fun begins...
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Need more Jewel recipes to get the last part of the Progression to finally get the last piece of the set.

Witch Doctor is seriously overpowered... I currently progress in rifts (at least until 20) with the speedfarm setup...

I got 2 Corrupted Ashbringers (one of them Ancient, which I use) but also got 2 Ramaladins gifts and... can't really use them since I need either an In-Geom or that Knife that gives double stacks for Soul Harvest.

Currently I am at Paragon 53 with minimal effort, thinking about doing the event in season or out of season. Since I haven't got any Gem of Eases yet nor got enough cash for Hellfire stuff...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

10. - Top - End - #670

Oh yeah, Jade Harvester is sickeningly good for speedfarming. Run past things, watch them die, loot, repeat.

BF and I are on the Destroyer chapter, just need a conquest to get to Conqueror. Easiest will probably be the TX rift in under 2 minutes, but I'm also eyeing The Thrill and Curses! again. This is the fastest we've gotten to T13-capable in a season ever, so pretty proud of that; I may have time left over to try Hardcore after all.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-01-09 at 12:13 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bounties are being unusually stingy with Sage's 70 set. However, I haven't actually had that much time to run things after hitting 70. Need to do some more Bounties to get 6pc, then see where I stand.

I went Monk this season, I've never led off with a Monk before.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Oh yeah, Jade Harvester is sickeningly good for speedfarming. Run past things, watch them die, loot, repeat.

BF and I are on the Destroyer chapter, just need a conquest to get to Conqueror. Easiest will probably be the TX rift in under 2 minutes, but I'm also eyeing The Thrill and Curses! again. This is the fastest we've gotten to T13-capable in a season ever, so pretty proud of that; I may have time left over to try Hardcore after all.
    I am at slayer. Haven't gotten all my gems yet, got Bane of the Powerful at 15, Bane of the Stricken at 9. Somehow got a bug where I always can upgrade 4 times without empowering the rift.

I got super lucky with my weapon (Ancient Ashbringer is a big DPS boost) but fail at the aquiring of useful BiS weapons. Got Henris perdition (?) the one that charms enemies... but can't use it without a weapon.

Got Ancient Bracers and other stuff that I want to get... need to farm farm farm but won't have enough time for now. T5 is doable, don't know if I should try T7 for progressing.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    I am at slayer. Haven't gotten all my gems yet, got Bane of the Powerful at 15, Bane of the Stricken at 9. Somehow got a bug where I always can upgrade 4 times without empowering the rift.

I got super lucky with my weapon (Ancient Ashbringer is a big DPS boost) but fail at the aquiring of useful BiS weapons. Got Henris perdition (?) the one that charms enemies... but can't use it without a weapon.

Got Ancient Bracers and other stuff that I want to get... need to farm farm farm but won't have enough time for now. T5 is doable, don't know if I should try T7 for progressing.
    That's not a bug, you now get a bonus upgrade if you complete the rift without dying.

Question- if you're using a cheat death and it activates, do you not get your extra upgrade? Anyone know?

14. - Top - End - #674
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    That's not a bug, you now get a bonus upgrade if you complete the rift without dying.

Question- if you're using a cheat death and it activates, do you not get your extra upgrade? Anyone know?
    You still get it if your cheat deaths go off.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

I'm on Ch.4 still, but a disgusting amount of terribly shaky internet connection has stopped me from really steamrolling all the torment 4 stuff.

On the upside, though, I've found two parts of my old wizard's setup: etched sigil and ranslor's folly. Time for Energy Twister fun. So far, I think the best way to actually accrue 3 fire skills' worth of damage on an opponent is Disintegrate/a spender with Etched Sigil/either Ignite Magic Weapon or Sparkflint. Sparkflint is more reliable but it hits only single targets.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

16. - Top - End - #676

Yeah, you still will get the bonus. A cheat death going off does not appear to count as a "death" for any purpose, including set dungeons (though if you're dying there you're probably doing something wrong), Pools of Reflection, Greater Rift no death bonuses etc. This even includes item-based cheats like Firebirds 2pc, Hellfire w/ Cheat Death, or the Ancestor's Grace hardcore ammy.

You could cube it, if there's nothing better there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    I'm on Ch.4 still, but a disgusting amount of terribly shaky internet connection has stopped me from really steamrolling all the torment 4 stuff.

On the upside, though, I've found two parts of my old wizard's setup: etched sigil and ranslor's folly. Time for Energy Twister fun. So far, I think the best way to actually accrue 3 fire skills' worth of damage on an opponent is Disintegrate/a spender with Etched Sigil/either Ignite Magic Weapon or Sparkflint. Sparkflint is more reliable but it hits only single targets.
    I would use Meteor -> Molten Impact as it (a) has a massive area to hit many targets rather than one, (b) gets a huge boost from a cubed Nilfurs and (c) has a cooldown, during which your Twisted Sword can go ham and spawn the full number of flaming tornadoes to boost their damage. By the time the cooldown is back up, everything you're fighting should be ignited or dead.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Ummm... I'm on Chapter II of my Season Journey. Hard Core. But I only play a couple hours per day, so that could have something to do with it.

Plus, my wife's Demon Hunter died at level 56 to Malthiel (on Hard), so she's trying to decide if she wants to keep going on HC or not.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-09 at 08:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678

Plus, my wife's Demon Hunter died at level 56 to Malthiel (on Hard), so she's trying to decide if she wants to keep going on HC or not.
    A couple of bosses (i.e. Mal, Belial, Adria) are cheap/dangerous enough that I would not even consider going after them in HC without a cheat death in place as a safety measure. Unfortunately, the DH's happens to come to the party extremely late - which can make leveling up annoying if any of those three show up as a bounty - but at a minimum I would drop the difficulty to Normal to fight those three until then. The XP hit is definitely worth not losing 55+ levels of progression to a bullcrap/lucksack attack, and those three have plenty
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A couple of bosses (i.e. Mal, Belial, Adria) are cheap/dangerous enough that I would not even consider going after them in HC without a cheat death in place as a safety measure. Unfortunately, the DH's happens to come to the party extremely late - which can make leveling up annoying if any of those three show up as a bounty - but at a minimum I would drop the difficulty to Normal to fight those three until then. The XP hit is definitely worth not losing 55+ levels of progression to a bullcrap/lucksack attack, and those three have plenty
    Belial in particular is a lot less dangerous if you have "Force Move" keybound.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Belial in particular is a lot less dangerous if you have "Force Move" keybound.
    We've got it bound to the fly-wheel on our mice. Teleport is pretty handy too, against at least Malthiel and Belial. Do Demon Hunters have something similar? Smokescreen, or something?

As a fun note (and something to be aware of later), when playing Hard Core, you cannot lower the difficulty without Leaving the Game. So when looking for bounties, check to see if one of the Nasty Three or Four (Belial, Adria, Malthiel - any other bosses particularly nasty?) before doing any bounties in that act.

My wife hates Urzeal, but he's really not too bad if you pay attention to the ground (show's where he's jumping, and what's going to fall on you). Izual has that obnoxious "Freeze everybody, even if they avoid the frost bursts" thing going.

In other news, my HC mage now has access to Unstable Anomaly (yay!)

21. - Top - End - #681

We've got it bound to the fly-wheel on our mice. Teleport is pretty handy too, against at least Malthiel and Belial. Do Demon Hunters have something similar? Smokescreen, or something?
    Vault works like teleport, in that it takes you through affixes and mobs (but not walls) unscathed and allows you to quickly gain distance from something dangerous/dodge slow-moving high damage attacks like a Mallet Lord's slam.

Smokescreen is more like the WD's Spirit Walk - it makes you invulnerable and move faster briefly. You can still use it as an escape though, it's more a build/playstyle thing.

As a fun note (and something to be aware of later), when playing Hard Core, you cannot lower the difficulty without Leaving the Game. So when looking for bounties, check to see if one of the Nasty Three or Four (Belial, Adria, Malthiel - any other bosses particularly nasty?) before doing any bounties in that act.
    Siegebreaker can be rough too, particularly on melee builds that can't keep their distance from him and still drop him quickly. If you're undergeared and he grabs you, it's usually lights out, with no chance to save yourself.

My wife hates Urzeal, but he's really not too bad if you pay attention to the ground (show's where he's jumping, and what's going to fall on you). Izual has that obnoxious "Freeze everybody, even if they avoid the frost bursts" thing going.

In other news, my HC mage now has access to Unstable Anomaly (yay!)
    As a brief tip: The "Super Saiyan" form most classes have (DH Vengeance, Crusader Akarats Champion, Wizard's Archon, Monk's Epiphany and Barbarian Wrath of the Berserker) cannot be stunned or frozen. So if you're fighting Izual it's wise to run a build that uses one of those, at least until you get your proper set going.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #682

Easily cleared my second conquest - The Thrill (GR45 with no set items.) The monk's new toy this patch, Rabid Strike, is definitely capable of bringing some pain.

As is traditional, here is the build I used - basically a poor man's LoN LTK, with no ancient weapons.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Easily cleared my second conquest - The Thrill (GR45 with no set items.) The monk's new toy this patch, Rabid Strike, is definitely capable of bringing some pain.

As is traditional, here is the build I used - basically a poor man's LoN LTK, with no ancient weapons.
    Gratulations. I'm stuck. Trying to get the helm through kadala as well as bracers and belts next. Trying to get the weapon to finally switch to Henry's and trying to get wormwood... although I just run rifts for that one.

Got 2 of the 3 progress gems but they are stuck at level 19 16 and 0 so far. Missing the tough one... as well as getting to greed.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

So after some experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that Etched Sigil, while fun, just isn't the right setup for Firebird's anymore. Ignite (MWeapon) and Sparkflint give the most reliable addition of fire damage to the Disintegrate/Energy Twister setup, which isn't terrible - but it still is a LOT of effort just to set things on permafire.

Apparently, Icy-Veins has a fire archon Chantodo's + Firebird's build, though I might just switch over to Delsere's since I have the wand and source for the Arcane Orb explodefest, and generally don't care for Archon builds.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

5 PC Sunwuko + 2 PC Sage's + Censer (WoL cost reduction + some damage) + RoRG + Pinto's Pride Bracers + Sweeping wind extra stacks fist weapon in cube = easy farming... so far up to t10 as more and more of these things have dropped. Crudest Boots finally showed up. Just ticked past Paragon 200.

Still looking for Tzo Krin's Gaze and the fist weapon with the huge WoL damage bonus- kind of important pieces. And another one of those bonus stack offhands. The Icy Veins guide recommends the Crystal Fist for the DR from Dashing Strike instead, but I'm not to that kind of difficulty yet (although I do have one for when I find the other Fist Weapon). And until I find Tzo Krin's, I'm stuck dashing into the middle of mob packs and spamming WoL, which isn't conducive to gaining the free stacks from the Sweeping Wind belt.

Hopefully another one of those +stacks Fist Weapons drops so I can try it out instead of the Crystal Fist (seems like more of a GR thing), move the Censer to the cube when the other weapon I need drops, and try out 2 PC Sage's for high Torment farming.

Also, surprisingly, I haven't found a Cindercoat yet.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Just hit Hard Core 70 with my wizard! Woo Hoo! Now to get some Legendary Gems, and Finish off Chapter II. I think I'm farther on Chapter III than I am on Chapter II...

What are your thoughts on the Red Soulstone legendary gem?

Edit: Turns out you canNOT claim a hardcore Haedrig's Gift with a non-hardcore character. I assume the reverse is also true.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-12 at 08:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Dwarf in the Playground

What are your thoughts on the Red Soulstone legendary gem?
    It regularly stuns you, so I would advise against using it on a Hardcore character. Or using it in general.

28. - Top - End - #688

Season complete!! Got my 4th and final stash tab reward, for two full pages. This is the fastest we've ever completed a season!

*happydance*

Gratulations. I'm stuck. Trying to get the helm through kadala as well as bracers and belts next. Trying to get the weapon to finally switch to Henry's and trying to get wormwood... although I just run rifts for that one.

Got 2 of the 3 progress gems but they are stuck at level 19 16 and 0 so far. Missing the tough one... as well as getting to greed.
    My advice is to gamble rings. You should be doing this anyway because there are a lot of good rings out there - F+R, 3 unities (one to wear for some builds, one to cube for other builds, and one for your follower), CoE, Compass Rose, a class ring like Finger or Emptiness, OROTZ, Oculus for your follower, and of course your ancient LoN pair - and in trying to get all those, you'll get puzzle rings too eventually.

There's even one less trash ring in your way now that Manald is wizard exclusive (and actually decent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    So after some experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that Etched Sigil, while fun, just isn't the right setup for Firebird's anymore. Ignite (MWeapon) and Sparkflint give the most reliable addition of fire damage to the Disintegrate/Energy Twister setup, which isn't terrible - but it still is a LOT of effort just to set things on permafire.

Apparently, Icy-Veins has a fire archon Chantodo's + Firebird's build, though I might just switch over to Delsere's since I have the wand and source for the Arcane Orb explodefest, and generally don't care for Archon builds.
    I'm trying to grok Firebirds but it's hard. It seems like you should leave enemies on fire and move to the next pack, right? But with other builds I can actually kill them and move on without losing damage.. It's kind of frustrating.

Hopefully another one of those +stacks Fist Weapons drops so I can try it out instead of the Crystal Fist (seems like more of a GR thing), move the Censer to the cube when the other weapon I need drops, and try out 2 PC Sage's for high Torment farming.

Also, surprisingly, I haven't found a Cindercoat yet.
    Yeah, CF is for pushing, and for melee builds like LTK Sunwuko. WoL speedfarming definitely doesn't need it.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Season complete!! Got my 4th and final stash tab reward, for two full pages. This is the fastest we've ever completed a season!

*happydance*
    Congratulations, hopefully I will manage to finish this season, would be nice for a change.

My advice is to gamble rings. You should be doing this anyway because there are a lot of good rings out there - F+R, 3 unities (one to wear for some builds, one to cube for other builds, and one for your follower), CoE, Compass Rose, a class ring like Finger or Emptiness, OROTZ, Oculus for your follower, and of course your ancient LoN pair - and in trying to get all those, you'll get puzzle rings too eventually.

There's even one less trash ring in your way now that Manald is wizard exclusive (and actually decent.)
    Got Quetzacotl and Vile Hive yesterday. Still need Haunting Girdle and Lakundas Bracers or however they are called.

Finished a GR30 and managed to get my Bane of the Powerful to 25. As such I will now roll for Rings anyway since I just keep upgrading my weapon while running public rifts.

My secondary plan that I would like to finish this month is getting Gem of Ease to 25 then running a level 1 WD through the darkening of tristam.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't suppose the Firebird's If-they're-burning-from-three-skills-they-burn-'til-they-die bit works on Bosses and Key Wardens...