New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

When did Bioshock go back up to full price and why did it have to do so when I was waiting a day to get it for my Birthday?
    trill in da playground

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, has anyone else seen this? It looks pretty cool and uses the Source engine....and might actually include Valve? Maybe they're just slapping the name on there, but either way it looks pretty sweet.

Vindictus
    Last edited by Sleverin; 2010-11-10 at 09:29 PM.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks like it could be very good unless it sucks.

Alternately it could be mediocre.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I've taken some of your spy tips to heart. I'm no longer dying like there's no tomorrow... wait...

Anyway, I've gotten really into medic lately. Fun way to get points, I'm helping my team, and my friend loves me for it, so.

I've also started to move away from just playing Payload all day. I've gotten really into Territorial Control. Anyone have any good server recommendations for ones that run all types of modes? I also seem to prefer bigger games (e.g. 24 player servers, not the crazy 32 man ones). Thoughts?

Only If You're Into Seeing the Unfortunate Results of Trading:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've also gotten really into the trading thing. Maybe a bit too sucked in? I've been playing since October 4th, only had one hat drop, and already I have this much stuff. I think I've put way too much time into this game. :( How can I get away?! I already started to cope by getting one hat for each class and trading the rest away cheap, but...
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-11-10 at 09:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    Hey, has anyone else seen this? It looks pretty cool and uses the Source engine....and might actually include Valve? Maybe they're just slapping the name on there, but either way it looks pretty sweet.

Vindictus
    That looks pretty bad-ass. The gameplay trailer has officially colored me intrigued.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a review. It's probably pretty much right.

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it IS in beta, which means the game isn't finished. Also, of course, what MMO is truly "perfect" when it first comes out? I can't think of one...but I'm holding out hope that they can fix some of that stuff and polish the game up. Maybe later on down the line the game will be great...although I don't much care for the free to play model.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

That's the real sticking point for me, too. Not a fan of Pay To Win.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Upcoming films:

GOING POSTAL
    THE ROOM
    HOGFATHER
    SCOTT PILGRIM
    COLOUR OF MAGIC

QUERY: The Terry Pratchett Movies are all extremely long. Would you guys prefer to have them shown in two segments and thus take up twice as much time?
    Approval of The Room. Looking forward to it highly. No opinion about the Terry Pratchett movies, because as much as I like his writing, I have no time for non-essential movies.

I watched Sigs play it for a while, and it looked really great. You can pick things up and throw them at enemies, which is almost enough to make up for the spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I've also started to move away from just playing Payload all day. I've gotten really into Territorial Control. Anyone have any good server recommendations for ones that run all types of modes? I also seem to prefer bigger games (e.g. 24 player servers, not the crazy 32 man ones). Thoughts?
    Er, this may be a dumb question, as you seem to be in our thread, but ChHa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

10. - Top - End - #610

From the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    [Steam] Thread XVII
    ♥♥♥♥♥

Team Fortress 2

The Chocolate Hammer TF2 server can be found @ 68.232.183.52:27015

Featuring semi-regular Friday/Saturday friendly competitive matches. Either held on the server itself, or a lobby made on TF2Lobby. If you want to join on a comp match, it's a good idea to register here, just in case.

• Maps, direct access: Refer to potatocubed (GitP, Steam) if you have suggestions or if the server has vanished.

• Add-ons, coding: Refer to Djinn_in_Tonic (GitP, Steam) if you have suggestions.

Current known Admins *

Spoiler
    Show

Current known Giants (Moderators) *

Spoiler
    Show

Taking donations via Paypal at [email protected] and ClanPay (preferred option).

♥♥♥♥♥

SHaFT

Then there's the newest member of the GitP / ChHa server family, Drol and Girlfriend's Super Happy Fun Time. (SHaFT) This is a smaller, no crit or random spread server.

1. When the comp team is having practice/holding a scrim, do not connect. There is a separate password for such, so unless you know the right password, you can't get on. When we aren't doing anything, everyone from GitP / ChHa is free to use it. (On the subject on the competitive team, do not ask to be on it. If the team want you to be on it, you will be contacted.)
    2. You're at the mercy of the whims of drolkcal and mightymonarch. If they feel like Prophunt, it's going to be on Prophunt. If they feel like ammomod, it's going to be on ammomod.
    3. Don't ask to be an admin or a mod. It's probably not going to happen.

4. This TF2 server can be found @ 68.232.169.101:27015
    Last edited by mightymonarch; 2010-11-10 at 11:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

The Room I only know because of Rifftrax. Which, incidentally, is something I think many GitPers would enjoy a stream of... hmmm.

As an aside, I think my framerate problems on the Final Fantasy stream may have arisen from, well, my quality being set to HD. That was... unnecessary. Streamed some Descent on Medium as a test today and it came out at a perfectly acceptable 20 FPS.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-10 at 11:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #612

Only If You're Into Seeing the Unfortunate Results of Trading:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've also gotten really into the trading thing. Maybe a bit too sucked in? I've been playing since October 4th, only had one hat drop, and already I have this much stuff. I think I've put way too much time into this game. :( How can I get away?! I already started to cope by getting one hat for each class and trading the rest away cheap, but...
    Dear Lord how did you get that much refined metal? That is simultaneously awesome, but also quite worrying.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOne View Post
    Approval of The Room. Looking forward to it highly. No opinion about the Terry Pratchett movies, because as much as I like his writing, I have no time for non-essential movies.
    The movies are actually quite well done. A bit low budget, but they're BBC productions so what did you expect

I watched Sigs play it for a while, and it looked really great. You can pick things up and throw them at enemies, which is almost enough to make up for the spiders.
    When did this happen when did sigs get a livestream
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    but they're BBC productions so what did you expect
    No they're not. They're Sky originals.
    If it was the BBC, they'd go all out on it, but make it much shorter.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

15. - Top - End - #615

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    No they're not. They're Sky originals.
    If it was the BBC, they'd go all out on it, but make it much shorter.
    my mistake

i dont understand briddish telly

16. - Top - End - #616
    Halfling in the Playground

Only If You're Into Seeing the Unfortunate Results of Trading:]I've also gotten really into the trading thing. Maybe a bit too sucked in? I've been playing since October 4th, only had one hat drop, and already I have this much stuff. I think I've put way too much time into this game. :( How can I get away?! I already started to cope by getting one hat for each class and trading the rest away cheap, but...
    =O A new challenger arrives! We should be trading buddies. Lemme give ya something for your S'n'S

http://tf2b.com/?id=sumpokemans (I started with 3 hat drops, so iunno who is currently in the lead between us =P

ALSO I don 't think ChHa is a good server for him, cuz he said he likes TC () I don't even know a TC server with people in em, especially me...
    Does this even qualify as a sig? It shouldn't, it sucks.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm starting to get that feeling I get with MMOs where I realize I'll never have nice things nice hats because I can't dedicate enough time to some strange meta-level of playing the damn game. Thanks, Valve.

18. - Top - End - #618

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I'm starting to get that feeling I get with MMOs where I realize I'll never have nice things nice hats because I can't dedicate enough time to some strange meta-level of playing the damn game. Thanks, Valve.
    Just idle

idle while you post

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sum Pokemans View Post
    ALSO I don 't think ChHa is a good server for him, cuz he said he likes TC () I don't even know a TC server with people in em, especially me...
    Hey, I like TC - it's just the only decent TC map I ever found was so huge (~90 MB) it made playing it wholly impractical. Oh Meridian, I would have loved to get a proper game going on that.

Also, I am in a minority, so.
    Last edited by potatocubed; 2010-11-11 at 10:04 AM.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    From the OP
    /sigh I'm not stupid. I know about the servers... I'm not really looking for "competitive" matches. I just want to join a server and have some fun without worrying about being a terrible player and all that. The heated debates going on in the server thread have somewhat scared me away from joining that server (and what's with all the supposed weapon restrictions anyway?).

Quote Originally Posted by tarbrush View Post
    Dear Lord how did you get that much refined metal? That is simultaneously awesome, but also quite worrying.
    There's more stuff on page 3-4. I dunno if you scrolled down, but I have every promo item except the Service Medal (Blast!). Currently liquidating my page 1 for more and more metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sum Pokemans View Post
    =O A new challenger arrives! We should be trading buddies. Lemme give ya something for your S'n'S

http://tf2b.com/?id=sumpokemans (I started with 3 hat drops, so iunno who is currently in the lead between us =P

Heh, not looking to displace anyone here. I'm more trying to get out of the trading game to be honest. I want to play the game for what it is, not because there's a trading interface on it.

Also, you're probably ahead in value. Four unusuals? I can maybe net two or so from what I have.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Orc in the Playground

/sigh I'm not stupid. I know about the servers... I'm not really looking for "competitive" matches. I just want to join a server and have some fun without worrying about being a terrible player and all that. The heated debates going on in the server thread have somewhat scared me away from joining that server (and what's with all the supposed weapon restrictions anyway?).
    If you would inspect the OP again, you would see that we have two servers. While SHaFT doesn't let you use several of the weapons and tries to style itself as a comp server, Chocolate Hammer proper is in no way competitive. We don't run any weapon restrictions, we try to be newbie friendly, we try to be generally friendly, I try to get as many gimmick votes to pass as possible. Serious business is kept at a minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    BE RIGHT BACK BUILDING IMPOSTER A SHRINE.
    Names I own:
    Spoiler
    Show

Darth Mario
    Phase
    Kainozzo(Pending litigation)

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

Don't worry about the conversations on here Neft, they're just matters of opinion being thrown back and forth. Sure, you'll catch flak for playing the 4th spy or sniper on your team, but that's true of any server. ChHa is definitely not built for comp play, but some of us do enjoy the comp setting, and we do lobbies from time to time (tf2lobby that is).

SHafT might not be your cup of tea. It has slight weapon restrictions, I don't remember what they are, but the ones that are blocked are mainly just annoying.

I would say that neither server has an elitist edge to it, but SHafT is built more towards comp (i.e. no spread) and ChHA is definitely bent towards more silliness. I've never really heard anyone call people out for sucking, but as a Medic I am very choosey towards my good/bad uber targets. Only because Ubers are so important to the flow of the game though.

23. - Top - End - #623

Wow. The whole trading thing? Wow. I know I'm missing something. I do good trades, but I never seem to hit that increase in volume that some people are. I'm not spending _that_ much time on it either, but I wish I knew what the heavy traders are doing differently.

Anyway.

The heated debates going on in the server thread have somewhat scared me away from joining that server (and what's with all the supposed weapon restrictions anyway?).
    While the server thread does take a turn toward srs bsns once in a while, ChHa really is an awesome server. We're more than just tolerant of newbies. You can feel free to screw around and be silly or look for (and receive!) good advice on how to get better at your chosen class. The sever is often (close to) full () because we really are there to be friendly and have a good time. Take a look.

I think I'll post a slightly more specific response to that one bit as well, to clarify. The heated debates are just a recurring thing, unfortunately. We have a _lot_ of people in our gaming circle now, and viewpoints differ. We're all still friendly most of the time, but once in a while something comes up and that happens. Don't let it scare you away. It looks fierce, but I'm pretty sure we're all still okay with each other.

As for the weapon restrictions: Certain weapons and gameplay mechanics (crits, damage spread) are viewed as unfair in competitive/skill-leaning circles. That is restricted/removed, presumably, to make the game more fair and more about skill in the game instead of randomness. It's only on the SHaFT server, however, so don't worry about that if you join ChHa.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2010-11-11 at 10:50 AM.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    If you would inspect the OP again, you would see that we have two servers. While SHaFT doesn't let you use several of the weapons and tries to style itself as a comp server, Chocolate Hammer proper is in no way competitive. We don't run any weapon restrictions, we try to be newbie friendly, we try to be generally friendly, I try to get as many gimmick votes to pass as possible. Serious business is kept at a minimum.
    Yeah, I saw the other server. I dunno. memnarch got me onto this game :/ so... Anyway, I guess I'll take a look. The server is currently empty though, no?

Don't worry about the conversations on here Neft, they're just matters of opinion being thrown back and forth. Sure, you'll catch flak for playing the 4th spy or sniper on your team, but that's true of any server. ChHa is definitely not built for comp play, but some of us do enjoy the comp setting, and we do lobbies from time to time (tf2lobby that is).

SHafT might not be your cup of tea. It has slight weapon restrictions, I don't remember what they are, but the ones that are blocked are mainly just annoying.

I would say that neither server has an elitist edge to it, but SHafT is built more towards comp (i.e. no spread) and ChHA is definitely bent towards more silliness. I've never really heard anyone call people out for sucking, but as a Medic I am very choosey towards my good/bad uber targets. Only because Ubers are so important to the flow of the game though.
    Yeah I've gotten really into Engineer on payload maps. I'm starting to play a lot of Soldier and Medic. Still working on practicing my Demoman. Having trouble getting the pills to explode under the person. I seem to always over or undershoot. Sticky launcher is fun though!

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Wow. The whole trading thing? Wow. I know I'm missing something. I do good trades, but I never seem to hit that increase in volume that some people are. I'm not spending _that_ much time on it either, but I wish I knew what the heavy traders are doing differently.

Anyway.

While the server thread does take a turn toward srs bsns once in a while, ChHa really is an awesome server. We're more than just tolerant of newbies. You can feel free to screw around and be silly or look for (and receive!) good advice on how to get better at your chosen class. The sever is often (close to) full () because we really are there to be friendly and have a good time. Take a look.
    I've found that if you don't really want to put much time into trading, just put a thread up on SPUF (here's mine as an example) and just wait a bit. If you have good items, then it's easier to draw eyeballs to your thread. It kinda bugs me at how hard it is to get started in the trading market if you don't have a hat to begin with. Trading was fun for the first bit, but now I feel a little burnt out on it. Just need my last 3-5 hats and I'm done for the next month or so.

I'm working on a little trading guide to help people out, but if you want/need tips, I can provide. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy duty trader, but I did put in a decent bit of time on it I guess. The majority of my hats I got in the first two weeks. The rest were mostly slowly built up.

As for the server, I guess I'll pop in when there are people on.

As for TC, I just find it fun (played a bit of TC Hydro) since everyone had to go through this narrow passageway. Massive skirmish. Was fun to run in and Kritz the heavy. Anyway...
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-11-11 at 10:42 AM.

25. - Top - End - #625

Yeah I've gotten really into Engineer on payload maps. I'm starting to play a lot of Soldier and Medic. Still working on practicing my Demoman. Having trouble getting the pills to explode under the person. I seem to always over or undershoot. Sticky launcher is fun though!
    Rollies aren't like rockets, in the sense you can rely on splash damage. Rollie splash is actually quite small and it's very hard to time the explosion. As such, rollies are really only good for 2 things, spamming choke points and direct hits. Direct hits take a ton of practice. If you're going for splash damage, learn to love your stickies. SHaFT has a training map, MGE Training, that is used primarily for aim training. If you ever want to learn, bug drolkcal, Hawkeye, Zach or I and we can set it up and play with you for a bit.

Also, Emlyn, can you edit the OP to include that SHaFT runs CEVO weapons rules? No Natascha, Sandman or Wrangler. Polycount stuff is ok for now, until we hear something official from the various leagues.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah ChHa isn't serious business at all, neither is SHaFT really, competitive settings doesn't always mean no fun and newb-unfriendly. (I'd imagine new players having an easier time not having to deal with stuff like Natascha or random crits)

That said if you really want to play Territory Control you may struggle to play it on either server, people don't tend to like it, I don't think we even have it in rotation.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-11-11 at 11:30 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

27. - Top - End - #627

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    That said if you really want to play Territory Control you may struggle to play it on either server, people don't tend to like it, I don't think we even have it in rotation.
    TC's hard because it tends to stalemate. Also, the pathways are fairly straight and lend themselves to a lot of spam. A single Engi, Demo or Heavy could hold off pathways pretty easy.

28. - Top - End - #628

Yeah, I saw the other server. I dunno. memnarch got me onto this game :/ so... Anyway, I guess I'll take a look. The server is currently empty though, no?
    It was empty because it was (at the time of posting) 1040 EDT and 0740 PDT, where a lot of our players reside. The Brits are usually on around 1400 EDT, and that's when the server starts to fill up.

Also, I second what everyone else has said. ChHa is really friendly toward pubs, and SHaFT tries to be, but the adaptations they've put in place draw a different sort of player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Rollies aren't like rockets, in the sense you can rely on splash damage. Rollie splash is actually quite small and it's very hard to time the explosion. As such, rollies are really only good for 2 things, spamming choke points and direct hits. Direct hits take a ton of practice. If you're going for splash damage, learn to love your stickies. SHaFT has a training map, MGE Training, that is used primarily for aim training. If you ever want to learn, bug drolkcal, Hawkeye, Zach or I and we can set it up and play with you for a bit.

Also, Emlyn, can you edit the OP to include that SHaFT runs CEVO weapons rules? No Natascha, Sandman or Wrangler. Polycount stuff is ok for now, until we hear something official from the various leagues.
    Oh, cool. Yeah I'd love to do that.

Aww, I love using the Wrangler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Yeah ChHa isn't serious business at all, neither is SHaFT really, competitive settings doesn't always mean no fun and newb-unfriendly. (I'd imagine new players having an easier time not having to deal with stuff like Natascha or random crits)

Random crits is interesting. I like the element of randomness, but I also like not getting one-shotted by a crit-rocket. It sort of adds to the fun of the game, but subtracts from the spirit of the game.

TC's hard because it tends to stalemate. Also, the pathways are fairly straight and lend themselves to a lot of spam. A single Engi, Demo or Heavy could hold off pathways pretty easy.
    Oh, well, the games I played were pretty moving. Maybe it's because one team sucked.

It was empty because it was (at the time of posting) 1040 EDT and 0740 PDT, where a lot of our players reside. The Brits are usually on around 1400 EDT, and that's when the server starts to fill up.

Also, I second what everyone else has said. ChHa is really friendly toward pubs, and SHaFT tries to be, but the adaptations they've put in place draw a different sort of player.
    Well, I'm usually on at 9:00p EST, so...

30. - Top - End - #630

Imp

Approval of The Room. Looking forward to it highly.
    I will not be present for this, because there is no way in hell I'm watching that awful piece of garbage again.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.