New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i think the biggest reason for that is that they are constantly referring to him as a baby dragon....hence taboo for shipping
    That didst not stay the glut of Spike-art-going-to-die-old-and-alone fictions of the fandom...!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga
    its not much...but it is some Spike/Rarity at the end
    Huh. That was most agreeably unmalodorus, indeed! Spike may most assuredly score a victory! (Mayhaps not so for Soarin', methinks...)

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Goodbye, ponythread, I shall miss you. I'll be lurking when I can, and will never forget you - you crazy, wonderful people.
    *salutes*

We shall keep the shadow freezing for thou, as thus is it said among the Army Of The Red Spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Checking back on my posts, I forgot to wish Bleakbane a happy birthday.

Happy belated birthday Bleakbane!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    So did we

We wish thee a happy birthday, Commander! HUZZAH!
    We thank ye for thy congenial felicitations!

(Mando, I do hope I have correctly scriven the grammar...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I think it may be an intentional misspelling of "bowel" which, while still wrong, is at least closer to the mark.

I absolutely agree. However cool it sounds, the wrongness made me cringe too.

I still say the "amniomorphic spell" has something to do with foalbirth. I'll take the implications of Twilight having an interest in such a spell over all the silly puns any day...
    Glah. This ancient speech is much harder than it looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktionary

Amnion

Etymology: From Latin for "membrane around a fetus", from Greek "bowl in which the blood of victims was caught", from ame, (bucket)
    That would be where they are coming from, I would guess. Bit of a stretch, maybe, but the pun is worth it...

Actually, an amniomorphic spell sounds all kinds of awesome now...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-25 at 11:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    That first picture kinda helped.

I think maybe I should just wait a day or two while my Ponysanity recharges.
    Clearly the solution is to create Homestuck ponies.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so getting home at 7 AM blows. Nights are not what I'd call exactly fun times.

@Scionofthevoid: I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but at least it's for an understandable reason. You take care of yourself, and do really awesome in school, y'here? *Midnight gives ponycuddles!

@IRC: Whilst I may not be able to participate all of the time, an IRC channel that I could pop into on occasion is relevant to my interests!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I had that on loop all night last night while writing. And the day before while writing. Eurobeat Brony is staggering in his talent.

SPEAKING OF a Rarity's Night post is on it's way. I started last night but passed out in my recliner.
    *huggles* That's okay, I only just woke up myself.

I'll have a cuddlefort response later, still trying to wake up.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Okay, so getting home at 7 AM blows. Nights are not what I'd call exactly fun times.

@Scionofthevoid: I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but at least it's for an understandable reason. You take care of yourself, and do really awesome in school, y'here? *Midnight gives ponycuddles!

@IRC: Whilst I may not be able to participate all of the time, an IRC channel that I could pop into on occasion is relevant to my interests!

*huggles* That's okay, I only just woke up myself.

I'll have a cuddlefort response later, still trying to wake up.
    I'm I the only pony who loves night shift?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'm I the only pony who loves night shift?
    I'd prefer it, but sadly school is diurnal and every bedroom I've ever slept in has had windows (I can't sleep with lots of ambient light. Just can't do it). I'm really a night person.

... Anyway, back to writing. *disappears in a cloud of smoke*

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Glah. This ancient speech is much harder than it looks!

That would be where they are coming from, I would guess. Bit of a stretch, maybe, but the pun is worth it...

Actually, an amniomorphic spell sounds all kinds of awesome now...!
    Egads! We would appear to have missed that detail. Thou speakest of course the truth in this matter, Commander.

A most tenuous stretch indeed, but perchance not beyond the pale of reason after all. We still maintain our original opinion that "amniomorphic" here doth relate to equine fetuses and the "bowls" within which they doth rest, and not to bowls of clay shaped by a craftsman, which we find most unsatisfying as the subject of a spell with such a rarefied name.

It really does take quite a bit longer to write this way

7. - Top - End - #817

Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    Midnight shifted as Rarity began to pull away from him, reluctantly pulling away from his Lady for a moment. As he watched Rarity settle herself down on the grass, struggling with the weariness of maturity, he felt a slight pang of regret.

He briefly wished that he had been borne in a different time, a different place. He entertained a fantasy as he settled in the grass next to his Lady, of being there on that first disastrous Gala. He would have swept Rarity away before she had encountered Blueblood, and shown her the perfect night, and then...

But no. It was impossible. For if he had been borne in a different time, a different place, then he would not be Midnight. She would not be the child of three mothers, the niece of five mares by choice, not blood. She would not have grown up in Ponyville, nor had the experiences that had shaped her to be the mare that she was. It was more than that, though. She was proud of who she was, where she came from.

This was the great irony, for the same thing that had allowed Rarity to have her Prince for one night, denied it from being any more than that.

He felt her bury her muzzle up against his neck, their bodies entwining once again. This time, however, she was aware of the weariness that was plucking at her, could feels her breaths growing more and more shallow. He knew that she desired sleep, but was keeping awake not just to see the light of the morning sun, but because she feared discovery when morning came.

But the ending of the dream was important, perhaps the most important thing. If the end of Rarity's dream night was seeing this world of theirs dissolve away, the Dreamblooms withering under the light of the sun, leaving her in the dirty, exposed park...if she realized that it was no longer Prince Midnight who was snuggled against her, but her young niece...if they were forced to walk together away from their night, not knowing what to do or say...

The memory of the dream would be marred. She would forever associate that night with the morning after.

And so, as the light of the sun began to breach the horizon, as the golden rays of his Grandmother's sun began to shine through the trees, and dance on their faces, Prince Midnight tilted his head down, and whispered sweet nothings into his Lady's ear. His horn began to glow, as he weaved a simple spell, the last one that he would cast this night. His horn touched hers, and he sent the spell coursing through her, carrying Rarity off into sleep, so gently that she could not have noticed.

"Sleep well, my Lady..." He whispered, Prince Midnight's last words to Lady Rarity, as their world dissolved around them.

---

A half an hour later, Midnight was at the doors to the Botique. She felt Rarity's weight against her back, as she had carried her peacefully slumbering Aunt all the way from the park to here, with the help of her magic, of course. It was still early in the morning, and the route she had carefully taken had ensured that no one would have seen the young mare, still dressed in that nobleman's outfit, struggling with the sleeping older mare, to keep her lovely dress from being ruined or stepped on.

Midnight let out a soft groan, feeling exhaustion threaten to send her to the ground. This was the last thing that she needed to do. She would place Aunt Rarity in her bed, and she would awake from the dream as was proper. Not on the cold, dewy ground of the Park, the magic that had affected it banished by the light of the Celestia's sun. Then, Midnight herself would collapse in her own bed, and sleep until the next morning came.

She could only hope that it would be enough to dispel the feelings that were still pulsing through her, what the night had left deep in her heart.

She had been successful. Almost nopony knew, and those that did were sworn to silence, through promises and magic. She had done it, she had fulfilled her Lad...her Aunt's dream.

Midnight smiled, as she opened the door to the Botique, not knowing who lay within...

I figure a final denouement with Midnight and Sweetie Belle would be a perfect way to wrap this up.
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity had wished beyond all against the inevitable. While the controller of their sun was benevolent, sentient, and caring of her subjects, there was still an order for her to maintain, one which just simply could not be changed for the will of two ponies, no matter how they felt at that moment. Sleep had been long since bearing down upon her, the mare unable to sustain the work induced all-nighters that she used to find herself slipping into almost naturally while she was younger; and forcing herself through the night had taken it's toll. Her eyes were already beginning to grow heavy as she sat, her ear upon the side of the Stallion beside her, listening to the soft beating of his heart, the ragged truthfulness of his ever drawing breath.

She had never been more comfortable in her life; yet tormented by knowledge of what the morning light would bring. The thoughts she had repressed in the beginning of the evening slowly began to come back. Remembrance of what was to come, the end of what could only be described as a perfect evening. Realization as to the true identity of the Prince snuggled tight against her. There was only a matter of time now, and with each moment that ticked by she could feel a mist beginning to form in her eyes. She could not fall to sleep, she would not.

She had fallen head over heels for her Prince. A prince who could not be there come the morning light.

The first ray of the new dawn slowly crested over the horizon, greeting the little ponies, it's subjects with a radiant warmth that all would embrace with splendor. All but two. She felt Midnight's breath intake, and she felt a calm, warm sensation wash over her, more potent than any morning light filtering through her bedroom window ever had. It was if she was being physically cocooned within the warmth and caring of this pony beside her, and she felt her eyes fluttering closed, regardless of her will. A soft, cute little yawn escaped her lips followed by a bright blush as Midnight weaved his spell, and one last sentence was uttered.

"I love you, my Prince..."

He touched his horn to hers, and in an instant, she was asleep, head filled with dreams of another life, one where the Prince whom she had spent the greatest evening of her life could stand beside her for the rest of time. But in the center of this mindscape stood a small fenced in park, with a small, vine coated pagoda. And on the center of the table, in the center of the park, surrounded as far as the eye could see by rolling sunny fields, there was a single blue, silver and purple flower.

Her dreambloom. Her haven, that would forever live on in her memory.

---

Sweetie Bell awoke with a silent start as she heard a door creaking open. It had been a few hours since Spike had come over and the pair had spoken about his worried for the couple; the pair eventually falling asleep against each other in the cool glow of the flowers in the center of the room. Her eyes fluttered open fast, and she quickly became aware of her surroundings. There was still a tiny purple dragon pressed against her chest, a soft blue piece of silk covering his prone form. The vase still stood on the table; yet the flowers stood wilted in the morning sun so serenely filtering through the open eastward window; the stars born of their magic long since gone.

There was indeed however still a cool breeze, this however was filtering through the now open door, and as Sweetie Bell carefully turned her head towards the offending entrance, she spied a very guilty and shocked purple filly in the height of gentleman's fashion, and her sleeping sister only a few inches behind, held aloft by her magic. Sweetie carefully held Spike in his current position, carefully sliding a pillow under his head as she rose from the couch and carefully slipped over in front of Midnight.

Her voice was a whisper for the sake of the two who still slept, but the volume did nothing to hide her tone as she spoke.

"Upstairs. Now."

The white coated filly turned on her hoof and quietly slipped up the stairs, walking into the guest room she had been using. Her nostrils twitched a little as she picked up the faint smell of conditioner, and her eyes went wide, the pony suddenly rather distracted as she waited for her peer to follow.

I figure the back and forth between Sweetie and Midnight will probably take a couple of posts anyways. Also gives you an opportunity to polish off anything between Midnight and Rarity that you want to before we start. I mean, if that's alright with you.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-25 at 12:33 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

8. - Top - End - #818

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity had wished beyond all against the inevitable. While the controller of their sun was benevolent, sentient, and caring of her subjects, there was still an order for her to maintain, one which just simply could not be changed for the will of two ponies, no matter how they felt at that moment. Sleep had been long since bearing down upon her, the mare unable to sustain the work induced all-nighters that she used to find herself slipping into almost naturally while she was younger; and forcing herself through the night had taken it's toll. Her eyes were already beginning to grow heavy as she sat, her ear upon the side of the Stallion beside her, listening to the soft beating of his heart, the ragged truthfulness of his ever drawing breath.

She had never been more comfortable in her life; yet tormented by knowledge of what the morning light would bring. The thoughts she had repressed in the beginning of the evening slowly began to come back. Remembrance of what was to come, the end of what could only be described as a perfect evening. Realization as to the true identity of the Prince snuggled tight against her. There was only a matter of time now, and with each moment that ticked by she could feel a mist beginning to form in her eyes. She could not fall to sleep, she would not.

She had fallen head over heels for her Prince. A prince who could not be there come the morning light.

The first ray of the new dawn slowly crested over the horizon, greeting the little ponies, it's subjects with a radiant warmth that all would embrace with splendor. All but two. She felt Midnight's breath intake, and she felt a calm, warm sensation wash over her, more potent than any morning light filtering through her bedroom window ever had. It was if she was being physically cocooned within the warmth and caring of this pony beside her, and she felt her eyes fluttering closed, regardless of her will. A soft, cute little yawn escaped her lips followed by a bright blush as Midnight weaved his spell, and one last sentence was uttered.

"I love you, my Prince..."

He touched his horn to hers, and in an instant, she was asleep, head filled with dreams of another life, one where the Prince whom she had spent the greatest evening of her life could stand beside her for the rest of time. But in the center of this mindscape stood a small fenced in park, with a small, vine coated pagoda. And on the center of the table, in the center of the park, surrounded as far as the eye could see by rolling sunny fields, there was a single blue, silver and purple flower.

Her dreambloom. Her haven, that would forever live on in her memory.

---

Sweetie Bell awoke with a silent start as she heard a door creaking open. It had been a few hours since Spike had come over and the pair had spoken about his worried for the couple; the pair eventually falling asleep against each other in the cool glow of the flowers in the center of the room. Her eyes fluttered open fast, and she quickly became aware of her surroundings. There was still a tiny purple dragon pressed against her chest, a soft blue piece of silk covering his prone form. The vase still stood on the table; yet the flowers stood wilted in the morning sun so serenely filtering through the open eastward window; the stars born of their magic long since gone.

There was indeed however still a cool breeze, this however was filtering through the now open door, and as Sweetie Bell carefully turned her head towards the offending entrance, she spied a very guilty and shocked purple filly in the height of gentleman's fashion, and her sleeping sister only a few inches behind, held aloft by her magic. Sweetie carefully held Spike in his current position, carefully sliding a pillow under his head as she rose from the couch and carefully slipped over in front of Midnight.

Her voice was a whisper for the sake of the two who still slept, but the volume did nothing to hide her tone as she spoke.

"Upstairs. Now."

The white coated filly turned on her hoof and quietly slipped up the stairs, walking into the guest room she had been using. Her nostrils twitched a little as she picked up the faint smell of conditioner, and her eyes went wide, the pony suddenly rather distracted as she waited for her peer to follow.

I figure the back and forth between Sweetie and Midnight will probably take a couple of posts anyways. Also gives you an opportunity to polish off anything between Midnight and Rarity that you want to before we start. I mean, if that's alright with you.
    Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    I love you, my Prince.

Those were the last words that Rarity had said to her, the words that were still churning in her mind and heart as she stepped into the Botique. It was funny, she could feel Rarity sleeping so peacefully, content with all the world, whilst her mind was a torrent that refused to quell. All of the emotions that Prince Midnight had forcibly suppressed had come running back to torment her.

It was perhaps for this reason that she wasn't as attentive as she could have been, as quiet as she should have been. It wasn't until she had fully stepped into the building when she realized that they weren't alone! She gasped in shock, as Sweetie Belle lifted a weary head, and spied the very, very guilty young mare at the doorway.

She wasn't supposed to be there! And what was SPIKE doing there!? The place was supposed to be empty! There would be no escape, and she could think of no excuse or lie that she could feed Sweetie Belle. Nay, even if she weren't wearing this outfit, if Rarity wasn't in the state she was, she knew that the look on her face would be enough to tell Sweetie what was going on. Her only fortune that Spike was a far deeper sleeper....

How had this all started again? Rarity teasing her about her inability to lie and keep her emotions hidden...

Her ears curled back, as Sweetie said those two simple words. Her voice wasn't working, and the look in Sweetie's eyes was doing nothing to help with that.

She nodded numbly, and began to follow Sweetie upstairs, carefully carrying Rarity behind her, lest she wake.

Silly Titanium, that's exactly what I was hoping for!

9. - Top - End - #819

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Clearly the solution is to create Homestuck ponies.
    Too late. You've been Pinkied.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome, glad to hear it! I'll work on getting something up after work tonight.

FOR PONY!

Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    I love you, my Prince.

Those were the last words that Rarity had said to her, the words that were still churning in her mind and heart as she stepped into the Botique. It was funny, she could feel Rarity sleeping so peacefully, content with all the world, whilst her mind was a torrent that refused to quell. All of the emotions that Prince Midnight had forcibly suppressed had come running back to torment her.

It was perhaps for this reason that she wasn't as attentive as she could have been, as quiet as she should have been. It wasn't until she had fully stepped into the building when she realized that they weren't alone! She gasped in shock, as Sweetie Belle lifted a weary head, and spied the very, very guilty young mare at the doorway.

She wasn't supposed to be there! And what was SPIKE doing there!? The place was supposed to be empty! There would be no escape, and she could think of no excuse or lie that she could feed Sweetie Belle. Nay, even if she weren't wearing this outfit, if Rarity wasn't in the state she was, she knew that the look on her face would be enough to tell Sweetie what was going on. Her only fortune that Spike was a far deeper sleeper....

How had this all started again? Rarity teasing her about her inability to lie and keep her emotions hidden...

Her ears curled back, as Sweetie said those two simple words. Her voice wasn't working, and the look in Sweetie's eyes was doing nothing to help with that.

She nodded numbly, and began to follow Sweetie upstairs, carefully carrying Rarity behind her, lest she wake.

Silly Titanium, that's exactly what I was hoping for!
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    It didn't take Sweetie Bell long at all to wipe up what little of the mess from eight ours before hadn't dried. Knowing Rarity she had packed a dress or two and a little extra fabric; a little shampoo couldn't hurt the fabric, right? They had to be washed anyways.

Midnight had come right up the stairs behind her, and was standing in the doorway rather meekly as she worked. Upon finishing and casting the loose silk to the side, she turned to face her. She had no idea where to start with this, the situation before her was unlike anything she had ever faced before in her life. She was standing in front of somepony over a year her younger, who had just shapeshifted into a male and gone out on a date with her older sister.

She resolved to start by shaking her head in disbelief.

"Midnight, what the Hay?" She opened her eyes and stared down the filly before her. There was a little white ball of fluff just barely visible from the corner of the doorway that she could see, and she once again just shook her head. Her ears lowered in a moment of dropped defenses. All of the worst possibilities ran through her mind, but nothing would be changed by chancing her sister's awakening. No, this could be hammered out with Rarity in the morning. The poor thing had fallen asleep in her dress; something she had never done before.

That in itself said something to the young mare.

"...You know where her room is, right?" Her voice was still stern, yet a hint of worry poked through. "Get her into bed first. There's no need for her to be here during this."

The clopping of hooves could be heard slowly trailing away on the hardwood floor, and Sweetie Bell suddenly second guessed her wording. Regardless of how things looked, she had just made it sound as though Midnight would have to brace herself for a direct attack, and that wasn't the case. Sure, she wasn't exactly happy, and had no idea as to what was really going on. But that didn't mean she was going to start by jumping down the poor filly's throat.

---

She found herself leaning against the window as Midnight made her return, and as she walked into the wooden doorframe, Sweetie found herself only able to pose her original question once again, her mind attempting to pull the realization of everything that had most likely just happened back together.

"Midnight. What the hay?"

Wow, that was a fast response. However, I counter you with an equally fast response! Haha!

...I still can't believe we're this close to done already.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-25 at 01:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

10. - Top - End - #820

... Anypony know how to get the cutie marks to work in the Pony Creator? I've tried all the tricks in the Help section and they didn't work.

Also need a decent black-and-white image of a simple scythe.

(for those of you who haven't guessed already, I'm trying to make a pic of Shadow, my OC. Got it all except the cutie mark. -_-'')

If somepony can help me get this to work, I will be eternally grateful and change my background to ponies.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, it's Tuesday? The Day That Spoilers Shall Be No More? It is? Alright then...

*ahem*

PIPSQUEAK IS BEST PONY

*flees*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #822

Okay, it's Tuesday? The Day That Spoilers Shall Be No More? It is? Alright then...

*ahem*

PIPSQUEAK IS BEST PONY

*flees*
    You know, somehow I just knew that was going to be your avatar soon?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

You know, somehow I just knew that was going to be your avatar soon?
    DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THEM PIPSQUEAK, YOU JUST KEEP BEING ADORABLE.

Spoiler
    Show

GOOD WORK
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    ... Anypony know how to get the cutie marks to work in the Pony Creator? I've tried all the tricks in the Help section and they didn't work.

(for those of you who haven't guessed already, I'm trying to make a pic of Shadow, my OC. Got it all except the cutie mark. -_-'')

If somepony can help me get this to work, I will be eternally grateful and change my background to ponies.
    On my own computer, the only images that will work are those I've used IrfanView to give transparent background. Maybe that's the trick.

15. - Top - End - #825

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    It didn't take Sweetie Bell long at all to wipe up what little of the mess from eight ours before hadn't dried. Knowing Rarity she had packed a dress or two and a little extra fabric; a little shampoo couldn't hurt the fabric, right? They had to be washed anyways.

Midnight had come right up the stairs behind her, and was standing in the doorway rather meekly as she worked. Upon finishing and casting the loose silk to the side, she turned to face her. She had no idea where to start with this, the situation before her was unlike anything she had ever faced before in her life. She was standing in front of somepony over a year her younger, who had just shapeshifted into a male and gone out on a date with her older sister.

She resolved to start by shaking her head in disbelief.

"Midnight, what the Hay?" She opened her eyes and stared down the filly before her. There was a little white ball of fluff just barely visible from the corner of the doorway that she could see, and she once again just shook her head. Her ears lowered in a moment of dropped defenses. All of the worst possibilities ran through her mind, but nothing would be changed by chancing her sister's awakening. No, this could be hammered out with Rarity in the morning. The poor thing had fallen asleep in her dress; something she had never done before.

That in itself said something to the young mare.

"...You know where her room is, right?" Her voice was still stern, yet a hint of worry poked through. "Get her into bed first. There's no need for her to be here during this."

The clopping of hooves could be heard slowly trailing away on the hardwood floor, and Sweetie Bell suddenly second guessed her wording. Regardless of how things looked, she had just made it sound as though Midnight would have to brace herself for a direct attack, and that wasn't the case. Sure, she wasn't exactly happy, and had no idea as to what was really going on. But that didn't mean she was going to start by jumping down the poor filly's throat.

---

She found herself leaning against the window as Midnight made her return, and as she walked into the wooden doorframe, Sweetie found herself only able to pose her original question once again, her mind attempting to pull the realization of everything that had most likely just happened back together.

"Midnight. What the hay?"

Wow, that was a fast response. However, I counter you with an equally fast response! Haha!

...I still can't believe we're this close to done already.
    Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight's heart hammered in her throat as they walked up the stairs. She knew that there had always been the risk of discovery, but so soon! With Sweetie Belle of all ponies! The only thing that would have made it worse was if Spike were awake. This was bad enough.

Midnight flinched, and stammered slightly, as Sweetie wheeled on her, and spoke. She began to stammer, the awkward young mare back in full force, as she tried to come up with a reasoning that wouldn't sound terrible, that could adequately explain what happened. How could she even begin to explain?

She was saved by Sweetie's own concern for her sister. She winced, as Sweetie's stern voice and choice of words cut through her, and just managed to nod numbly once again. She stole away from her accuser, thankful for the moment's respite.

---

She lay Rarity down on her bed, and looked down at the slumbering mare.

Even though the light of the dream had faded, she still looked as beautiful and elegant as ever.

Looking down at her, and feeling the memories of what they had just shared, Midnight felt the anxiety die away.

A faint smile flickered on Midnight's face, and she bent down, kissing her Lady's cheek one last time. Her horn glowed, and a single Dreambloom formed, and lay on the pillow beside her. This one was more solid than the rest, glowing with an inner light. It would not fade, not for as long as the one in Rarity's memory shone.

Midnight turned, and left Rarity to her dreams.

---

Midnight stood straight, as Sweetie Belle repeated her first question to her. She banished the tiredness away. She wouldn't hum and haw, nor make excuses. She drew herself up, and looked at Sweetie Belle regally, as the Prince...nay, the Princess, took control.

"I cannot expect you to understand what...happened last night, Sweetie. I hardly can put it into words..." She glanced back at the door to Rarity's room. "But...I was her Prince, for the night. The Prince that she always wanted, the dream that had been denied to her. The stallion she deserved."

She shook her head softly.

"I don't regret what I did. I gave her a gift...and in turn, she gave one to me."

I know, me too.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post

My solution was don't add cutie marks in the pony creator. It distorts them and makes them ugly more often than not. What I did was make my pony there (well, let one of the wonderful volunteer ponytar avatar artists make it there), exported it, and then added the cutie mark by hand using another program. I'm in class, now, so I can't go into too much detail, but I used IrfanView (available free; try google) to resize everything properly, and Paint (yes, the one that comes with Windows) to actually splice on my cutie mark.

If you're still having trouble later, I'd be glad to see if I could help more.

(On a side note, I still haven't gone and read through all of the compilation of it that someone posted up in the last thread, but I've been greatly enjoying reading Rarity's Night as you two post it up. You're both very good writers! I'll look forward to backtracking and seeing what I've missed when I have more time.)
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-25 at 01:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Definitely understandable that you have trouble keeping current with the thread. On Blood Brothers, I know me and DC enjoy what's there and if the fact that I do see some anons reading it every-now and again means they do to. Your choice to continue it or not, it is your time and efforts after all.
    I also have like 0 capacity to nag someone, so can't do that.
    Argh! That... that... 'tis not helpful! I need to be nagged, for alone I sink into the hungry mires of sloth. I command thou to nag me!

*ahem*

PIPSQUEAK IS BEST PONY

*flees*
    Verily, thou hast better run! The Royal Princess Luna, Lady of the Night, holds "Best Pony" amongst her mighty throng of titles!
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-10-25 at 01:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828

Disregard my previous post, I outsmarted the Pony creator. *fistpump/hoofpump/whateverpump*

Spoiler
    Show

Eeyup, that's Shadow, more or less.

Woot! *disclaimer: Just made the DeviantART account to hold this image and any more ponies I decide to make. >.<" I'm not an artist*

And just because I can:

Spoiler
    Show

This would be Shadow's dark side, ponified (as opposed to personified). Gotta love the color invert option in image manipulation programs.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    My solution was don't add cutie marks in the pony creator. It distorts them and makes them ugly more often than not. What I did was make my pony there (well, let one of the wonderful volunteer ponytar avatar artists make it there), exported it, and then added the cutie mark by hand using another program. I'm in class, now, so I can't go into too much detail, but I used IrfanView (available free; try google) to resize everything properly, and Paint (yes, the one that comes with Windows) to actually splice on my cutie mark.
    Yes, that seems to be the only way to get it to work properly.

Also, a scythe (and a sickle):
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, like that. That works.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-25 at 01:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830

(On a side note, I still haven't gone and read through all of the compilation of it that someone posted up in the last thread, but I've been greatly enjoying reading Rarity's Night as you two post it up. You're both very good writers! I'll look forward to backtracking and seeing what I've missed when I have more time.)
    Twilight disapproves of you posting from class... Back to magic kindergarten with you!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

November's almost here.

It's around this time each year that I figure out what I like, and what I need, and how I can best rearrange my schedule so that I can simultaneously be a student/writer/big-brother/scout/person-who-sleeps-upon-occasion-and-doesn't-drink-coffee. And I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to cut out a huge chunk of Internet, especially the chunk of Internet that I'm half-addicted to checking every five minutes to see what's new, because that's killer for writing. Heck, I'd say it's the reason that Heroics and the Lion and the Unicorn have been taking so long to finish.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon, and that I've got a reputation for being pony-obsessed already, and the fact that I've got college-apps to worry about, and then there's the speed issue...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

22. - Top - End - #832

Take care Raz, use the holidays to regroup and sort your priorities however you see fit and take care of what you need to take care of. And if one gray, snowy winter afternoon you're bored and want to pop back in, know that you're always welcome. You're not a hinderance at all, just another part of the ponysanity.

Also, there's a box you have to check in your profile to get email from people here? Where?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

23. - Top - End - #833

Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight's heart hammered in her throat as they walked up the stairs. She knew that there had always been the risk of discovery, but so soon! With Sweetie Belle of all ponies! The only thing that would have made it worse was if Spike were awake. This was bad enough.

Midnight flinched, and stammered slightly, as Sweetie wheeled on her, and spoke. She began to stammer, the awkward young mare back in full force, as she tried to come up with a reasoning that wouldn't sound terrible, that could adequately explain what happened. How could she even begin to explain?

She was saved by Sweetie's own concern for her sister. She winced, as Sweetie's stern voice and choice of words cut through her, and just managed to nod numbly once again. She stole away from her accuser, thankful for the moment's respite.

---

She lay Rarity down on her bed, and looked down at the slumbering mare.

Even though the light of the dream had faded, she still looked as beautiful and elegant as ever.

Looking down at her, and feeling the memories of what they had just shared, Midnight felt the anxiety die away.

A faint smile flickered on Midnight's face, and she bent down, kissing her Lady's cheek one last time. Her horn glowed, and a single Dreambloom formed, and lay on the pillow beside her. This one was more solid than the rest, glowing with an inner light. It would not fade, not for as long as the one in Rarity's memory shone.

Midnight turned, and left Rarity to her dreams.

---

Midnight stood straight, as Sweetie Belle repeated her first question to her. She banished the tiredness away. She wouldn't hum and haw, nor make excuses. She drew herself up, and looked at Sweetie Belle regally, as the Prince...nay, the Princess, took control.

"I cannot expect you to understand what...happened last night, Sweetie. I hardly can put it into words..." She glanced back at the door to Rarity's room. "But...I was her Prince, for the night. The Prince that she always wanted, the dream that had been denied to her. The stallion she deserved."

She shook her head softly.

"I don't regret what I did. I gave her a gift...and in turn, she gave one to me."

I know, me too.
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You know, that's what I thought when I saw you coming down the walkway, but I laughed it off. There was no way, it was just a resemblance."

She still hadn't turned back to face Midnight, instead opting to look out the window upon the still rising sun, her features shrouded in a resounding light which her pristine white coat only served to amplify.

"But you know, Spike came over, and he was worried sick. I'm pretty sure he was only over here to fawn over Rarity again. But he saw those flowers, and I'm pretty sure his little mind started churning, coming to the same conclusion I was coming to."

She sighed.

"Except he didn't see his little sister coming down the path in a suit a few hours before. I had to lie to him Midnight. Lie to his face, tell him everything was alright."

She turned, her hoof gently pressing against the floor, a faint echo flowing through the room as her eyes met the scared, nervous filly before her.

"Do you have any idea how much that hurt to have to do?"

Her eyes quickly fell to the floor, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

"You're right. I don't understand, and I'm not sure if I can. All I know is that you took my sister somewhere, and did something romantic. Something to be shared by two ponies in love."

She paused for a second, and the silence in the air between the two was beyond deafening. Each breath hung in the air, being absorbed into the tension between the two. A white coated filly, arguing against a trusted lifelong friend. A purple mare, who thought first and foremost with her heart.

She couldn't go through all of this. Midnight couldn't go through all of this. There had to be a better way.

"...So talk to me. Help me understand."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    On my own computer, the only images that will work are those I've used IrfanView to give transparent background. Maybe that's the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Yes, that seems to be the only way to get it to work properly.

Also, a scythe (and a sickle):
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, like that. That works.
    Thanks for the help, guys. I outsmarted it by using GIMP to scale the image down to 38x38 pixels (the size it needed to be for the creator to use it).

Now comes the question of which one of those to use for an avatar... Any thoughts?

25. - Top - End - #835

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *salutes*

We shall keep the shadow freezing for thou, as thus is it said among the Army Of The Red Spear.
    *returns salute*

Let only Nothing block your path, sir, as we say in the Void.

In addition, may I add to the congratulations at the celebration of your birth-date.

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    November's almost here.

It's around this time each year that I figure out what I like, and what I need, and how I can best rearrange my schedule so that I can simultaneously be a student/writer/big-brother/scout/person-who-sleeps-upon-occasion-and-doesn't-drink-coffee. And I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to cut out a huge chunk of Internet, especially the chunk of Internet that I'm half-addicted to checking every five minutes to see what's new, because that's killer for writing. Heck, I'd say it's the reason that Heroics and the Lion and the Unicorn have been taking so long to finish.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon, and that I've got a reputation for being pony-obsessed already, and the fact that I've got college-apps to worry about, and then there's the speed issue...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    We're going to miss you around here Raz. If it makes any difference I don't see you as flawed or see any reason you need to feel guilty. You're an awesome person, and I'm personally extremely sad to see you go. Just like with Scion though, I completely understand; real life comes first.

Just remember we'll always be here if you ever want to stop back in and chat for a while.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Argh! That... that... 'tis not helpful! I need to be nagged, for alone I sink into the hungry mires of sloth. I command thou to nag me!
    Sorry the closest I can come is lobbing vaguely Shakespearean insults at you which while humorous aren't exactly what can be called nagging.

Thou abominable shag-haired horse-drench!
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

28. - Top - End - #838

My thoughts exactly. That way they don't have to keep up, but we still get to keep talking to the ponies we care about. ^^
    Aye, we were merely echoing thee as a way to say we find thy reasoning most satisfactory.
    Awesome, glad to hear it! I'll work on getting something up after work tonight.

FOR PONY!
    Hast thou aught to that thou would recommend for IRC clients?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    November's almost here.

*sad hugs*

Any chance you'd be on the IRC? I'd classify you as a boon, by the way, definitely not a hindrance, though I can definitely understand those feelings.

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Sorry the closest I can come is lobbing vaguely Shakespearean insults at you which while humorous aren't exactly what can be called nagging.

Thou abominable shag-haired horse-drench!
    Better than me, all I can think of is whether I can get a pony-related pun out of "nag me"

30. - Top - End - #840
    Dwarf in the Playground

IRC stands for "Internet Relay Chat". It's a protocol that was popular in the early days if the internet, I believe it's source can be traced all the way back to the ARPAnet if I remember right, although I can't back that up right now and I am way too lazy to research.

Basically you download a client (You may already have one if you use Pidign or Trillian) or use a web based one (such as Mibbit). Once connected you select a screen name unique to the server, and you can join any of the chat rooms available on said server with commands such as "/list" to list available chat rooms, or "/join #[NAME]" to join channel [NAME], etc.
    Speaking of IRC, do you guys have a Mumble server? If not, why not?

I know GiTP has a Mumble server but their is no pony channel. :(