New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Let's play a game: Am I following my alignment/Archetype?

I just figured we can try playing the game where we try to determine how each poster can portray the needed alignment.

I will post an alignment to start. The next poster will reply with anything from a sentence to a short story, depicting a character acting out the alignment I named. This does not need to be strict RAW definitions of alignments, feel free to use common sense. He then posts an alignment himself. NOTE: The alignment can be one of standard D&D alignments or something fancy like "Lawful Highwayman"

The next person judges if the above poster's story matches the alignment he tries to portray. (With optional explanation why he agrees or disagrees with the story). He then makes his own story about the previous poster's named alignment, and ends his post with an alignment he wants described by the next post.

Example:
    Spoiler
    Show

Poster 1:
    Describing neutral good
    "Rescuing children from burning buildings"
    "Next alignment: Lawful Good"

Poster 2:
    "I agree that Rescuing children from burning buildings is NG.
    Lawful good is serving as a city guard who everyone hails for his fairness, and hard work toward helping the city.
    Next alignment: Neutral Evil"

Starting alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Last edited by Renen; 2015-07-29 at 02:18 PM.
    Thanks to Kurien for drawing my avatar, and NightWolf16a for coloring it.

Spoiler: The master lurker
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Let's play a game: Am I following my alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by Renen View Post
    Starting alignment: Lawful Neutral
    A court system having a mage on hand to cast Dominate Person on a suspect and forcing them to tell the truth.

Next Alignment: True Neutral
    Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbens View Post
    A court system having a mage on hand to cast Dominate Person on a suspect and forcing them to tell the truth.
    That would depend on whether the system has laws against self incrimination. I also doubt that dominate person would be the right spell. The command "Tell the truth" might result in the suspect continually yelling "the truth" or spouting random true facts that have nothing to do with the case until a new command is given.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD on Dominate Person
    Once you have given a dominated creature a command, it continues to attempt to carry out that command to the exclusion of all other activities except those necessary for day-to-day survival (such as sleeping, eating, and so forth).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbens View Post
    Next Alignment: True Neutral
    "I become a hermit to contemplate how to achieve true balance, for fear of rash actions destroying the semblance of balance the world now has."

Next Alignment: Lawful Evil

BTW will this continue after all nine alignments have been done once?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    "I become a hermit to contemplate how to achieve true balance, for fear of rash actions destroying the semblance of balance the world now has."
    Seems about right. Sounds very druid like for sure.

Next Alignment: Lawful Evil
    "A man walks into a store. He sees that an item has been incorrectly priced, and is currently being sold at 1/4 of it's proper value. He buys every item of that type in the store, and sets up his own stand, selling them at full price."

Next Alignment: Chaotic Good

And we will find out.
    Last edited by Draco_Lord; 2015-07-29 at 02:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draco_Lord View Post
    "A man walks into a store. He sees that an item has been incorrectly priced, and is currently being sold at 1/4 of it's proper value. He buys every item of that type in the store, and sets up his own stand, selling them at full price."
    Looks about right. Though perhaps not evil enough :D

Next Alignment: Chaotic Good
    "I go against the wishes of my father to become a merchant, and go join the adventurer's guild instead because family values arent whats important in the world, following your heart and doing good is."

BTW will this continue after all nine alignments have been done once?
    We can try doing "archetypes" as well.

Next alignment/archetype: Noble/Lawful Warlord
    Last edited by Renen; 2015-07-29 at 02:14 PM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renen View Post
    Next alignment/archetype: Noble/Lawful Warlord
    "I crush my enemies, see them driven before me and then placate the lamentations of their women by paying reparations."

Next alignment/archetype: Chaotic Neutral/Mad Wizard

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Next alignment/archetype: Chaotic Neutral/Mad Wizard
    "Guys, look at what I made! I call it an owlbear!"

Next alignment: Lawful Nice

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    "Guys, look at what I made! I call it an owlbear!"
    Love it. Totally Mad Wizard! Only guy who'd make such a weird thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Next alignment: Lawful Nice
    "Sir, you gave me 2 copper extra change." "Here, I'll hold the door for you old woman." "No, I would not like to switch my long distance scryer provider, but thank you very much for asking."

Next Alignment: Lawful Stupid

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sir, you gave me 2 copper extra change." "Here, I'll hold the door for you old woman." "No, I would not like to switch my long distance scryer provider, but thank you very much for asking."
    Hehe... Good points there.

"Whats this, you are sorry about raising the army of the dead and almost starting a wighpocalyspse? Well... no one DIED, so you are only really guilty of some desecration of the dead. So part your undead horde over there, and go pay a fine!"

Next alignment:
    Smart Chaotic Evil

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

That's definitely nice, I'm not so sure the lawfulness shines through though.

"Die, evil paladin impostor! You did not kill the ork baby, even though orks are proscribed in this country,."

Not smart enough for smart CE.
    Last edited by Andezzar; 2015-07-29 at 02:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Let's play a game: Am I following my alignment/Archetype?

Not smart enough for smart CE.
    Scene: Randomly chosen (as in the first-seen) cottage in a town, a young man approaches.

Knock. Knock.

*door opens, inhabitant looks out, sees young man, "can I help you?"

Stab. Stab, stab, stab.

* Young man loots house, then heads to pub to join "adventuring group" that includes a paladin.

UP NEXT
    NG sociopath

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Spoiler: Ugh, ninja'd
    Show
    Both of the above descriptions of Lawful Stupid seem fine.

I'll try to compromise the two new ones and answer for "Vaguely sensible chaotic evil".

"Yes, I'm evil. You can cast Detect Evil, you know that. But the thing is, I do want to help you. Why? Well, because I kinda like you. No, I didn't like ducking out the way of your detect spells all these years, but you know what? I like to think of you as a friend. Oh, and another thing? This whole saving the world malarkey we've got going on? Yeah, I'd quite like to keep up with that. I kinda like the world. I live in it. Just because I'm not a nice guy doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to help save the world that I'm kinda dependent on. So for the dark lady's sake, let me out of this cage."

I don't think that's really representative of the majority of Chaotic Evil characters, honestly. I mean, it is chaotic evil, but it's just not the kind of character I think of when I think of chaotic evil.

"Look, I may be a good guy, but that doesn't mean I have to be nice to you. Please leave me to study before I test my new evocations on you. And no, I won't actually do that, but please do leave me be."

Next: I want to see a sensible true neutral.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-07-29 at 03:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Spoiler: Ugh, ninja'd
    Show
    Both of the above descriptions of Lawful Stupid seem fine.

I'll try to compromise the two new ones and answer for "Vaguely sensible chaotic evil".

"Yes, I'm evil. You can cast Detect Evil, you know that. But the thing is, I do want to help you. Why? Well, because I kinda like you. No, I didn't like ducking out the way of your detect spells all these years, but you know what? I like to think of you as a friend. Oh, and another thing? This whole saving the world malarkey we've got going on? Yeah, I'd quite like to keep up with that. I kinda like the world. I live in it. Just because I'm not a nice guy doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to help save the world that I'm kinda dependent on. So for the dark lady's sake, let me out of this cage."

I don't think that's really representative of the majority of Chaotic Evil characters, honestly. I mean, it is chaotic evil, but it's just not the kind of character I think of when I think of chaotic evil.

"Look, I may be a good guy, but that doesn't mean I have to be nice to you. Please leave me to study before I test my new evocations on you. And no, I won't actually do that, but please do leave me be."

I like your Smart CE better then your NG sociopath, but it works well. Maybe a bit more manipulative.

"Better water the crops, seems like a harsh heat be coming." "No, I will not buy that new sword, there will be a better one in the dungeon anyways, and I can invest my money instead."

Best I can do for that.

Next Up... Chaotic Neutral!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

My speeches are pretty general, I designed them a while ago while reflecting on a possible moral outlook of characters of each alignment without making them too character-specific. But they are from adventurers who face danger everyday. (They're also kinda long, sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I wanted to try my hand at that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like to think of myself as a good person. After all, when I see a beggar, I give him a few silver pieces from my last loot. Same when I see two beggars. When I see three... Well, you know, I can't carry the misery of the world upon my shoulders. No one should have to. Some people spend their life trying to do just that... most of them are wasting it, if you ask me. Like, making themselves miserable on purpose. Me ? I'm not cut out for that. I do my part in making the world a better place. I kill my share of monsters, I treat people nicely, and I would do anything for my family and my friends. Let's face it : bliss is what every human being seeks. Too much selflessness and sacrifice kill bliss. I, for one, try to achieve it by leading a healthy, interesting life and having fulfilling relationships to other human beings. I don't care that much about the laws I live under, as long as they don't oppress me or my friends. One should always has a few people he can completely trust and feel at ease with. Not too much : if you'll just trust anyone, "trust" loses its meaning.
    Don't threaten people I care about.

For CN :
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've always had trouble with the idea of morality. Look at it this way : everyone thinks they're right, when there's no way to know. After all, both Good and Evil clergies make pretty convincing points. If you choose to dedicate yourself to making the world a better place, you run the risk of missing out on a whole lot of opportunities to be richer, or more powerful (and frankly, being rich and powerful sounds awesome). But if you choose to only be out for yourself, what if the "good guys" were right all along, and you really missed out on true happiness and fulfillment ? ...Truth is, there's no inherent truth. There's just that : a choice. Life is nothing but choices. And everyone should be entitled to their own. So, I have no problem with guys who kill other persons for a living (as long as they don't try to kill me), even though I personally wouldn't have the heart to do it. who am I to judge ? And I have no problem with guys who choose to have a personal code, or to follow laws with a stick up their behind. Hey, I think they're probably missing out on a lot of fun, but if it's their call, who I am to complain ? I wish them good. What I CAN'T stand, though, is people rambling about absolute truths and telling other people how to behave.
    Don't think you can tell me what to do.

If anyone could give me a convincing CG who doesn't shy away from what needs to be done, but whose Goodness is obvious ? I have trouble with those.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    If anyone could give me a convincing CG who doesn't shy away from what needs to be done, but whose Goodness is obvious ? I have trouble with those.
    Chaotic Good? Let me give that a go:
    Spoiler: Chaotic Good
    Show
    The law is corrupt, criminals thrive, and the innocent suffer. I stalk the back streets of Baldur's Gate, trying to pass myself off as one of the members "The Guild". Does it work? Probably, the Flaming Fist is full of men that are just looking to get themselves killed. It's not like they hire based on IQ.

The Watch is useless, that Silver Shield guy has his hands stuck so deep into their organization that it's no wonder we all think they're puppets. I duck into an alley, I was almost spotted. If I don't get these smuggled medicines to lady Agatha, she might not make it through the night.

I've got warrants out for my arrest in both the upper and lower city. When the rich are prosperous, the poor are suffering. At least, that's how it seems. I walk through the back door and hand off a package to a young man, who scurries upstairs. Agatha will live another night.

That's only half the battle, I heard news that some nobles in the upper city have captured a few young men and are going to execute them. What gives them the right to kill the young? I climb the roof, it's dark now. Sprinting, I clear the gap from one house to another. Not much time now- I reach full speed and hop the wall that divides the upper and lower city.

I've got to be careful, a tiefling like myself is a suspicious sight in the upper city. I stalk a guard and knock him unconscious. Using some keys off his belt, I unlock a cell that holds the young men. I tell them to make a break for the gates, if only they can make it outside the city... I can hear the watch, they've found the unconscious guard's body.

No time, I have to save the boys. They'll tell everyone what happened. I sprint to meet the watch, distracting them. Running to the upper city's square, I cause a scene. The boys should be safe now. "Repent now, sons and daughters of man! It is not too late to turn on your folly!" An arrow sprouts from my shoulder. They're not in the mood. I run for the river, hoping to escape into it's murky water.

The further I get, the more tired I feel. Poison? Since when did the watch use poison? I'm not sure I can keep this going. Two more arrows sink into my back. To my left, there is a young woman. She looks scared. I smile and try to calm her. "Fear not, young maiden. This is but the beginning of life." I toss her a coin that is emblazoned with my goddess' symbol. "Be aware of your surroundings." I drop to the ground, my body is nearly dead. Tymora was not with me today.

Hoping I did that one alright.

Next Up:
    Lawful Evil Blackguard.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-07-31 at 04:15 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really like how you wrote that, LoyalPaladin, especially the puppets line
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I really like how you wrote that, LoyalPaladin, especially the puppets line
    Thanks, Seto. I like to write, so it's nice to hear people enjoy it when I do. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to be chaotic enough. I knew I could handle the G in the alignment.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Next Up:
    Lawful Evil Blackguard.
    Seems the ball is finally back in my court. I'll keep it short and sweet.

Spoiler
    Show
    "'Why,' huh? They always ask why. 'Why are you doing this?' 'Why me?' I'll tell you why. I perform... messy jobs for my... let's call him my patron. Jobs that keep the kind of order he likes. Jobs that make some people uncomfortable. Jobs like this one. I do my duty, and frankly, I enjoy it. A lot. Now hold still, because I'm going to use the pliers for this next part, and I'd rather not get stains on the carpet."

"... Oh, you'll have plenty of time to talk. Later. For now, though, don't worry about it. Just scream."

Next Alignment: Lawful Neutral Incarnate. Not Lawful Stupid.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Seems the ball is finally back in my court. I'll keep it short and sweet.

Spoiler
    Show
    "'Why,' huh? They always ask why. 'Why are you doing this?' 'Why me?' I'll tell you why. I perform... messy jobs for my... let's call him my patron. Jobs that keep the kind of order he likes. Jobs that make some people uncomfortable. Jobs like this one. I do my duty, and frankly, I enjoy it. A lot. Now hold still, because I'm going to use the pliers for this next part, and I'd rather not get stains on the carpet."

"... Oh, you'll have plenty of time to talk. Later. For now, though, don't worry about it. Just scream."

Next Alignment: Lawful Neutral Incarnate. Not Lawful Stupid.
    I was really hoping you'd see this one, Red. Someone will have to cover LN Incarnate. LN is close to home for me, but anything MoI is not...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

For LN: "Order is the only important thing. Without law, anarchy will reign, leading to the collapse of society. Thus, there can never be leniency, because how can you know that the criminal will not break the law again. If I personally do anything not perfectly in line with the law, I may inadvertently tempt the unborn souls I channel towards chaos, which could doom the world. If I am not a perfect model of lawful behavior, how will anyone know to tread the right path?"

Hope that was okay.

Next: Shy, LE
    Spoiler: Quotes!!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Wouldn't a half-elf/half-orc be a Fork?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    And besides, it's a ludicrous way of breaking the game by twisting rules beyond all recognition. Kobolds have to be involved in there somewhere.

21. - Top - End - #21

I'll try to keep this thread going. Maybe I can get Elricaltovilla in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elandris Kajar View Post
    Next: Shy, LE
    Shy LE...
    Spoiler: Shy Lawful Evil
    Show

Aerona set to work, drafting up plans to take over the kingdom. She had a frail frame and whispy white hair, not uncommon for an Air Genasi. You'd never know it by looking at her, but she had a fire burning deep inside her. Her plan to systematically take over Faerun's eastern cousin of Kara-Tur was so genius, that even Asmodeus would be impressed. All she needed was to strike a deal with a devil. Now if only she could work up the courage to talk one...

Next Up: Chaotic Evil Hobgoblin

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'll try to keep this thread going. Maybe I can get Elricaltovilla in here.

Next Up: Chaotic Evil Hobgoblin
    Don't bug me I'm playing Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold.

Spoiler: Sgt. Task
    Show

Drill Sergeant Task is in charge of training up new recruits for the hobgoblin military industrial complex. The majority of his duties involve trying to weed out the weak and unfit, something he does with gusto. Task believes that order and discipline can only be enforced by random, senseless violence inflicted upon enlisted hobgoblins by their superiors and he instills his beliefs on his trainees daily. No matter how perfectly or quickly they follow his orders (often convoluted, conflicting or deliberately impossible to fulfill) his cadets feel the sting of his whip shortly after, then followed by watching Task take from their rations, supplies and personal effects to fulfill his own greed.

Under the intense pressure and fear of Task's violent outbursts and greed, Task's cadets quickly become resourceful, sneaky, cruel and cunning although never quite cunning enough to outwit their hellish Drill Sergeant. Sometimes Task will allow known offenses to go unpunished, in order to test the limits of his cadets and how far they'll go to keep what they've taken. It never lasts long though, as Task's mind and mood are rapidly changeable and he relishes the opportunity to pile punitive action on top of punitive action for long lists of offenses.

Occasionally, a you hobgoblin cadet will arrive who actually manages to impress Task with their strict discipline, efficiency, and dedication to the hobgoblin empire. These cadets are usually singled out for Task's "special training" and are among the first to receive the most severe punishments intended to remove them from the training pool, usually through permanent maiming.

The only other cadets that stand out to Task are the ones like him, cruel, capricious, cowardly willing to do anything to improve their own position, especially at the expense of others. These cadets are often the first to try and get into Task's good graces by snitching on their fellow cadets, and Task usually rewards them with leniency... for a time. Even though they remind him of the only thing he truly loves (himself), nothing can save these cadets from Task's eventual wrath and they too suffer the sting of his whip.

In front of his superiors, Task is a model instructor. His cadets are the most disciplined, well organized and loyal troops that the military academies can produce and they all eagerly attest to Task's own personal influence as the driving force behind their skills. But this charade only lasts as long as Task's commanding officers are present and he returns to his chaotic and tyrannical ways the instant they're out of earshot.

Up next: NE Spoiled Princess (extra points if you can portray what she's like when she falls in love).
    I guess I sort of misunderstood the idea here. So to simplify:
    NE in Love

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Spoiler: Sgt. Task
    Show

Drill Sergeant Task is in charge of training up new recruits for the hobgoblin military industrial complex. The majority of his duties involve trying to weed out the weak and unfit, something he does with gusto. Task believes that order and discipline can only be enforced by random, senseless violence inflicted upon enlisted hobgoblins by their superiors and he instills his beliefs on his trainees daily. No matter how perfectly or quickly they follow his orders (often convoluted, conflicting or deliberately impossible to fulfill) his cadets feel the sting of his whip shortly after, then followed by watching Task take from their rations, supplies and personal effects to fulfill his own greed.

Under the intense pressure and fear of Task's violent outbursts and greed, Task's cadets quickly become resourceful, sneaky, cruel and cunning although never quite cunning enough to outwit their hellish Drill Sergeant. Sometimes Task will allow known offenses to go unpunished, in order to test the limits of his cadets and how far they'll go to keep what they've taken. It never lasts long though, as Task's mind and mood are rapidly changeable and he relishes the opportunity to pile punitive action on top of punitive action for long lists of offenses.

Occasionally, a you hobgoblin cadet will arrive who actually manages to impress Task with their strict discipline, efficiency, and dedication to the hobgoblin empire. These cadets are usually singled out for Task's "special training" and are among the first to receive the most severe punishments intended to remove them from the training pool, usually through permanent maiming.

The only other cadets that stand out to Task are the ones like him, cruel, capricious, cowardly willing to do anything to improve their own position, especially at the expense of others. These cadets are often the first to try and get into Task's good graces by snitching on their fellow cadets, and Task usually rewards them with leniency... for a time. Even though they remind him of the only thing he truly loves (himself), nothing can save these cadets from Task's eventual wrath and they too suffer the sting of his whip.

In front of his superiors, Task is a model instructor. His cadets are the most disciplined, well organized and loyal troops that the military academies can produce and they all eagerly attest to Task's own personal influence as the driving force behind their skills. But this charade only lasts as long as Task's commanding officers are present and he returns to his chaotic and tyrannical ways the instant they're out of earshot.
    Love it. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Up next: NE Spoiled Princess (extra points if you can portray what she's like when she falls in love).
    I guess I sort of misunderstood the idea here. So to simplify:
    NE in Love
    Oh. I've got to give this a shot.

Spoiler: Princess of Blood
    Show

I like to get what I want and everyone is eager to give me what I want. They call me the princess of blood for a reason. My father was a kind king who ruled the land in fairness and- blah blah blah.

Being kind doesn't get you anything. Being good gets you even less. What is the point of being a princess if I can't have anything my heart desires? That's why I had your family hung. You'll be mine now and if you're good to me, I won't have you meet their same fate when I tire of you.

Next: Neutral Good Assassin.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-08-05 at 12:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Next: Neutral Good Assassin.
    What I do is called "civil surgery." It falls to me to keep dangerous and aggressive people out of power, even if that means putting a knife in a back once and a while. My goal is the well-being of everyone, but sadly that means cutting out infections and thus hurting some who harm others. It's dirty work, but if it means keeping tyrants and madmen out of power it must be done.

Next up, chaotic evil statesman (please make it a little bit rational)
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thealtruistorc View Post
    What I do is called "civil surgery." It falls to me to keep dangerous and aggressive people out of power, even if that means putting a knife in a back once and a while. My goal is the well-being of everyone, but sadly that means cutting out infections and thus hurting some who harm others. It's dirty work, but if it means keeping tyrants and madmen out of power it must be done.
    Hmm... Kinda tricky. It's hard to make a G assassin, generally. This one in particular inches towards L and N; it talks about social order and controlling power.

I can kind of see it, though.

Next up, chaotic evil statesman (please make it a little bit rational)
    Spoiler: CE Statesman
    Show
    "Thank you, thank you. I promised you equality if elected, didn't I?"

The audience cheers.

"And I promised you that your own merits, not some quirk of birth and having wealthy parents, would get you places, didn't I?"

More cheers.

"Well, since you delivered me into a position of power, the least I can do is return the favor. So good news! The city guard has been disbanded. Since last night's announcement of my election victory, every member of the city guard is now either dead or in exile."

The audience goes silent.

"The city is yours! Do you want to become a baker? There's a bakery right down the road - if you can defend it, it's yours! Want to try your hand at blacksmithing? You know where the smithy is! Ever wanted to be a judge? First come, first serve, people!"

The crowd begins to murmur nervously.

"That's right. There's nothing stopping you. Take control of your future. Seize your dreams by the throat! And if anyone tries to take them from you..."

He leans across the podium.

"... just keep in mind that the city guard won't be stepping in to protect them."

There's absolute silence for a moment. And then all hell breaks loose.

Lawful Neutral performance artist.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-08-05 at 01:17 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... Kinda tricky. It's hard to make a G assassin, generally. This one in particular inches towards L and N; it talks about social order and controlling power.

I can kind of see it, though.

Show

The audience cheers.

"And I promised you that your own merits, not some quirk of birth and having wealthy parents, would get you places, didn't I?"

More cheers.

"Well, since you delivered me into a position of power, the least I can do is return the favor. So good news! The city guard has been disbanded. Since last night's announcement of my election victory, every member of the city guard is now either dead or in exile."

"The city is yours! Do you want to become a baker? There's a bakery right down the road - if you can defend it, it's yours! Want to try your hand at blacksmithing? You know where the smithy is! Ever wanted to be a judge? First come, first serve, people!"

"That's right. There's nothing stopping you. Take control of your future. Seize your dreams by the throat! And if anyone tries to take them from you..."

"... just keep in mind that the city guard won't be stepping in to protect them."

Awesome. too bad I was late to the party on that one

Lawful Neutral performance artist.
    Siggard loved to play the mandolin. The way the strings felt against his fingers, the way every note fell perfectly into place to build a chord, and how it all fell together to create a seamless harmony pairing with his voice. The song was almost up, the finale, where everything ended. His masterpiece. Music always fascinated him, everything was perfect, everything was... right.

Next up: Neutral Good Pirate
    Last edited by dascarletm; 2015-08-05 at 01:27 PM.
    Dascarletm, Spinner of Rudiplorked Tales, and Purveyor of Puns
    Thanks to Artman77 for the avatar!
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

The audience cheers.

More cheers.

he's definitely an anarchist, but I don't really see the evil doing (except against the guards). He anticipates evildoing from others though.
    It also reminds me of the Joker and his two boats.

28. - Top - End - #28

he's definitely an anarchist, but I don't really see the evil doing (except against the guards). He anticipates evildoing from others though.
    Your statement proves he is doing it right. Haha.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

That's precisely the point. He's not just creating chaos. He's encouraging people to take advantage of it through violence, mayhem, and general cruelty to one another. He's not only removing authority, he's emphasizing that the vacuum created allows relatively consequence-free action in an attempt to goad everyone into rampant crime and hysteria.

And yeah, after writing it I kind of realized just how Ledger!Joker it was.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

That's precisely the point. He's not just creating chaos. He's encouraging people to take advantage of it through violence, mayhem, and general cruelty to one another. He's not only removing authority, he's emphasizing that the vacuum created allows relatively consequence-free action in an attempt to goad everyone into rampant crime and hysteria.
    I'm just not sure that that is evil according to D&D.