New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1476

Thread: Fire Emblem

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem

Is there a way to back up save files on Awakening externally?

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    With all the time I put in I sure hope so

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Can't you get an extra sd card and make a save data backup on that?

Also, any ideas who I should use on PoR this time around? I'd rather not use any of my usual band of characters, so Nephenee(), Lethe, Illyana(), Jill(), Astrid, and Makalov are immediately vetoed. I've already chosen Brom to be on my endgame team, but that's still a long ways away.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post

Also, any ideas who I should use on PoR this time around? I'd rather not use any of my usual band of characters, so Nephenee(), Lethe, Illyana(), Jill(), Astrid, and Makalov are immediately vetoed. I've already chosen Brom to be on my endgame team, but that's still a long ways away.
    Soren, Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Gatrie, Mia, and Kieran can help here, though missing Nephenee in particular hurts.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

With that can you copy your actual save file, or are you just making a new save file?

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

With that can you copy your actual save file, or are you just making a new save file?
    I'm not entirely certain. I believe that would be copying your save file, but I will not profess to be an expert. There is a section in the 3DS operations manual about SD cards, however.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You can copy your save file. I know because I've done it. I downloaded my version of Awakening from the E-shop, and then promptly went and started grabbing all the DLC for it. I quickly found that I was entirely out of space, with Awakening taking up the entire "stock" SD card all by itself.

I simply bought a new SD card (I used one meant for cameras because it had more space and was cheaper than the official Nintendo ones) and copied the entire contents across manually on my PC. Plugged in the new SD card and my game came across intact. It was as easy as using a Flash drive.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

And on my PoR runthrough, Ike is now Level 18. After I get him to twenty, he's being handed a slim sword and then used as a meat shield. And I'm currently worried about the way Soren's turning out, as he's missed increasing his magic a fair number of times. Titania is turning out beautifully, thank all that is holy.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Even with the weakest weapon possible, Ike'll still likely kill everything. I'd just take all weapons away from him completely, if you want to use him as a shield.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Considering his strength is 20, you're pretty much correct.

Also: In Path of Radiance, has anyone given Ike Wrath and Resolve for his skills? If so, how did your bout with the Black Knight go? (Note: Ike cannot have Resolve for that fight... Unfortunately)

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with that combo instead of the tried and true of Aether + Miracle.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2014-02-11 at 03:32 PM.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Also: In Path of Radiance, has anyone given Ike Wrath and Resolve for his skills? If so, how did your bout with the Black Knight go? (Note: Ike cannot have Resolve for that fight... Unfortunately)

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with that combo instead of the tried and true of Aether + Miracle.
    I've been under the impression that it is impossible for Ike to defeat the Black Knight in their duel in FE9 before the tower crumbles without at least one activation of Aether. I've found it also helps to promote Mist and give her the Sonic Sword you get from Tanith in the emergency case of needing to quickly kill the suicidal Bishops.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Wrath increases the crit chance when the unit is at 50% or less hp. Ike (with capped Str) critting the BK deals 27 damage, so it may or may not work. I just wanted to see if anyone tried it, or if I have to remember to be the guinea pig.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

13. - Top - End - #1453

It works out quite nicely with the Bond boost from Mist (who the Black Knight won't target). I killed him with back to back crits, as well as the fear of death from a Luna Activation. I think I had around 3 hp when I KO'd him.
    ~ZA

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

So I definitely should use Miracle for that fight, if only to boost the chances of not dying. I should write that down somewhere.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I can't believe I'd forgotten how much of a meat shield Mordecai is in PoR. He and Brom are turning out fairly well, with Brom just killing anything foolish enough to attack him.
    Astrid is, however, officially dead to me in this run. Her first (and Only) level up was a zero increase
    RNG also seems to be giving me the middle finger, as many of the during battle level-ups are one or two point increases.
    I also wish I could get more Bonus EXP, so as to level up Sothe more. I hate the fact that he's almost dead weight when you get him

Over all, this run's going decent, but it could definitely be doing better. Anyone else have stories to share about their favorite runs through the series?

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

I can't believe I'd forgotten how much of a meat shield Mordecai is in PoR. He and Brom are turning out fairly well, with Brom just killing anything foolish enough to attack him.
    Astrid is, however, officially dead to me in this run. Her first (and Only) level up was a zero increase
    RNG also seems to be giving me the middle finger, as many of the during battle level-ups are one or two point increases.
    I also wish I could get more Bonus EXP, so as to level up Sothe more. I hate the fact that he's almost dead weight when you get him

Over all, this run's going decent, but it could definitely be doing better. Anyone else have stories to share about their favorite runs through the series?
    Sothe also suffers from never being able to promote, so is an inferior choice for thief unless you are going for support convos.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sothe also suffers from never being able to promote, so is an inferior choice for thief unless you are going for support convos.
    Yeah I hated that. There is literally no reason to use him unless you're super poor and don't like Volke's prices.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jermell View Post
    Yeah I hated that. There is literally no reason to use him unless you're super poor and don't like Volke's prices.
    Or if you manage to get Volke killed, I suppose.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jermell View Post
    In his second appearance, he needs direct divine intervention to be as good as Heather.

And yet, you're forced to drag him along anyway.

Sothe is kinda lame. And thus, he fits right in with the rest of the Dawn Brigade.

...Except Nolan.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    In his second appearance, he needs direct divine intervention to be as good as Heather.

And yet, you're forced to drag him along anyway.

Sothe is kinda lame. And thus, he fits right in with the rest of the Dawn Brigade.

...Except Nolan.
    Really? Sothe is absolutely valuable in Part 1 and 3 of RD when the Dawn Brigade really needs some help. He loses value in Part 4, but then again a lot of people lose their value there, including Haar and Titania. Being forced to take him to Endgame is rather silly though, as Volke is much better than him or Heather.

Speaking of Heather, she's about as bad as PoR Sothe. She can't hurt anything, is frustrating to train from the word "go," and if she does anything other than steal she will die horribly. Sure she may be able to steal better than Sothe, but her issue is that she's stuck with the Greil Mercenaries which don't NEED her help outside of one chapter. She's practically dead weight.

But that's my opinion. I won't add more and won't degrade this into a massive argument over the values of two characters in a game with a crapton of characters.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post

...Except Nolan.
    More like Nolan, Edward, and Aaron, with Micaiah being decent with occasional spots to shine (Thani is a glorious, glorious thing). The Dawn Brigade has a number of pretty sad units, starting with Leonardo, Fiona, Volug, and Sothe, but they have their stars.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Really? Sothe is absolutely valuable in Part 1 and 3 of RD when the Dawn Brigade really needs some help. He loses value in Part 4, but then again a lot of people lose their value there, including Haar and Titania. Being forced to take him to Endgame is rather silly though, as Volke is much better than him or Heather.

Speaking of Heather, she's about as bad as PoR Sothe. She can't hurt anything, is frustrating to train from the word "go," and if she does anything other than steal she will die horribly. Sure she may be able to steal better than Sothe, but her issue is that she's stuck with the Greil Mercenaries which don't NEED her help outside of one chapter. She's practically dead weight.

But that's my opinion. I won't add more and won't degrade this into a massive argument over the values of two characters in a game with a crapton of characters.
    RD as a whole suffers from not being able to put together your whole army until the very end, and by that point 90% of them are overshadowed by the latecomer über units.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey, at least she isn't Vika, who isn't around enough to be good even if you want to waste time levelling her.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

I do believe I've expressed myself on this very thread before about this, but Fiona is the worst. It doesn't help her that ALL of the chapters after her recruitment hurts her movement (one of the key advantages of Cavaliers.)
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    More like Nolan, Edward, and Aaron, with Micaiah being decent with occasional spots to shine (Thani is a glorious, glorious thing). The Dawn Brigade has a number of pretty sad units, starting with Leonardo, Fiona, Volug, and Sothe, but they have their stars.
    I'll second this. Edward can become amazing if Ana shines on him.

A shame that the only personality trait he has is that he has a very short fused and dangerous temperament.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2014-03-03 at 01:01 AM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Banned

I'm not sure I follow the conversation here. Am I to understand that people played Radiant Dawn and didn't have every single unit they used cap every single stat? I only played through once, but I know on my playthrough I had to leave like 5-10 stat capped characters behind simply because I ran out of room for my tower party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I'll second this. Edward can become amazing if Ana shines on him.

A shame that the only personality trait he has is that he has a very short fused and dangerous temperament.
    Radiant Dawn had terrible characterization in general. Even Ike is a flat cardboard cutout who only has any personality at all because you remember what he was like in the last game.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-03-03 at 04:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post

Radiant Dawn had terrible characterization in general. Even Ike is a flat cardboard cutout who only has any personality at all because you remember what he was like in the last game.
    Indeed, but the worst offender in the FE series has got to be shadow dragon...
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Barbarian in the Playground

About the fight with the Black Knight, I know it is a little late, but a max strength Ike can beat the Black Knight without any skills activating, though it does require him attacking every single round (9 damage an attack, so 12 total damage every round due to BK healing himself equal 60 damage)

The big problem with Radiant Dawn too was we didn't get the hard mode game script which had a three or so chapters with much more dialogue than what we got.

I wonder if the original FE1 had the same lack of dialogue as FE11 did?
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    I wonder if the original FE1 had the same lack of dialogue as FE11 did?
    If Shadow Dragon is anything to go by, then FE1 has it worse if you can believe that. There's several characters where their only line is their death quote, and even that's a generic "Arrrrg, I'm dead" sort of thing. (Bord and Cord stand out in my mind)

Which is a shame, because there are several potentially interesting characters that get nothing but an recruitment line and a death quote.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by Keld Denar
    What can I say? When life gives you lemons, you BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH YOUR LAZER BEAMS!
    Avatar by the wonderful A Rainy Knight.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I'm not sure I follow the conversation here. Am I to understand that people played Radiant Dawn and didn't have every single unit they used cap every single stat? I only played through once, but I know on my playthrough I had to leave like 5-10 stat capped characters behind simply because I ran out of room for my tower party.

End game is not the only factor that you judge characters by. In fact, in RD in particular, late game has almost zero impact on which characters are considered good/great/whatever. Partly because Laguz Royals.
    ~ZA