New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIV: Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Is it some sort of fanon that Celestia's mane is pink while she's a filly?
    Maybe the other colors are the Alicorn equivalent of grey hairs? As for the fanon, I have no idea, but I like the design.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it some sort of fanon that Celestia's mane is pink while she's a filly?
    In the storybook sequence in the very first part of the first episode, the stylized drawing of Celestia has her with pink hair, and fanon has sort of taken that and run with it.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    In the storybook sequence in the very first part of the first episode, the stylized drawing of Celestia has her with pink hair, and fanon has sort of taken that and run with it.
    *blinks*
    *Hurries and digs out 1080p downloads of pony episodes*

By Celestia, you're right. She is pink there.
    You learn new things every day.

4. - Top - End - #874

*blinks*
    *Hurries and digs out 1080p downloads of pony episodes*

By Celestia, you're right. She is pink there.
    You learn new things every day.
    Combine that with the fact that Princess Luna has normal hair, it's generally thought Celestia had normal hair when she was younger too (and, in turn, Luna will get the floaty-mane when she's older.)

5. - Top - End - #875

I wish my hair would get better looking as I get older. @_@

Damn lucky Alicorns.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #876
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Wait. Pegasus Applejack? Is there a fic I missed?
    Well, there is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    So.... Apparently now it takes me 10 hours to draw a pony. Must work faster....

and apparently if you don't pay attention to the thread in 10 hours it will take you another 2 hours just to catch up. (and I speed read pretty well also...)

Anyways.. I suppose I shouldn't be showing this until Esper get them charts, but you know what... 10 hour works needs to be shown.

Spoiler
    Show

Midnight is a very pretty pony.

I am sure Phoe broke many hearts with today's Q&Neigh on ED
    What is her cutie mark? It looks like a trading card with Luna's background.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Twilight Sparkle - 192 pts.
    Fluttershy - 176 pts.
    Rainbow Dash - 148 pts.
    Rarity - 128 pt.
    Pinkie Pie - 116 pts.
    Applejack - 116 pts.
    Huh, I'm always surprised at how low Pinkie Pie ranks on these things. You'd think that she'd be more popular. Then again, she didn't get many 6th place finishes as the others.

I'm kind of surprised at these findings myself. I would have figured that Rainbow Das would be either in first or second, Applejack would take the other spot, with the other four making up the rest of the pack. Hm. Lotta twilight love.
    Yeah, I was surprised when I first saw the results of the EqD poll. These are pretty similar, so not much surprise here.

Applejack's large number of last-place votes does seem unusual. No love for farmers?

As a side note, did I miss the 6th Old Story by Thanqol somewhere along the line? I only remember seeing five so far. (The are quite enjoyable to read.)

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised when I first saw the results of the EqD poll. These are pretty similar, so not much surprise here.

Applejack's large number of last-place votes does seem unusual. No love for farmers?
    Hey, don't blame me for that one, one of those first place votes she has is mine. Farm-ponys gotta stick together, ya'hear?

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Something that doesn't often seem to be touched upon. Celestia must have really levelled up in the last thousand years, where as Luna doesn't seem to have grown much, and may even have lost some of her powers thanks to Nightmare Moon's banishing (I'm going by the assumption that Celestia didn't fight Nightmare because she wanted her sister back). My guess is there is a massive power disparity between the sisters after a thousand years one being unable to do much and the other having to do double duty.

The proof? Well, we all know that after the time skip, the character's hair changes (and usually gets longer); and Celestia's has apparently changed colour too!

Sidenote: rewatched Boast Busters again. Applejack's tail is able to hold a rope, which implies that at least some ponies can use their tails prehensily. (Either by skill or natural talent.) Didn't really think about it the first time around.

Maybe Earth pony magic (maybe all pony magic) allows them to hold and manipulate things via some form of tactile telekinesis? (It would explain things like Pinkie's flying contraptions.) It would mean unicorn telekinesis would be essentially the equivilent of having extra limbs (allowing them to excel at things which require that kind of manipulation), but wouldn't preclude other ponies from doing things requiring fine manipulation. Unicorns generally use their TK because it's easier, but not because it's the only way of doing things.

Yes? No?

9. - Top - End - #879

What is her cutie mark? It looks like a trading card with Luna's background.
    It's a Tarot cart, The Magician. It's much more obvious when you look at the huge version on Kairaven's deviantart.

Huh, I'm always surprised at how low Pinkie Pie ranks on these things. You'd think that she'd be more popular. Then again, she didn't get many 6th place finishes as the others.
    Honestly? I think there are a lot of people who get annoyed at Pinkie...but not just that, I think she's the hardest to identify with of the six, considering she's so outlandish and, well...nuts.

As a side note, did I miss the 6th Old Story by Thanqol somewhere along the line? I only remember seeing five so far. (The are quite enjoyable to read.)
    As far as I know, he's not done the sixth yet!

10. - Top - End - #880

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Sidenote: rewatched Boast Busters again. Applejack's tail is able to hold a rope, which implies that at least some ponies can use their tails prehensily. (Either by skill or natural talent.) Didn't really think about it the first time around.

Maybe Earth pony magic (maybe all pony magic) allows them to hold and manipulate things via some form of tactile telekinesis? (It would explain things like Pinkie's flying contraptions.) It would mean unicorn telekinesis would be essentially the equivilent of having extra limbs (allowing them to excel at things which require that kind of manipulation), but wouldn't preclude other ponies from doing things requiring fine manipulation. Unicorns generally use their TK because it's easier, but not because it's the only way of doing things.

Yes? No?
    That is about the best and most logical theory I've heard so far. It makes complete sense. Unicorns (obviously) and Pegasi (Walk on clouds, can control weather, etc) have all been shown as having precedent for magical abilities. Who's to say that the Earth Ponies need to be completely excluded from this?

Perhaps it's even latent and they don't realize how it works. Just born with it and never questioned it, you know?
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-11 at 09:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally I put Pinkie as my #1. She's always such a happy fun pony and absolutely hilarious. (Random thought just occurred to me. She's the only pony to be cartoony, right? None of the other ponies pop up from random places like she does, they all seem bound by pony physics. The other ponies also react to her singing. In the second episode, when she sings Giggle at the Ghosties, she pops up from the top of the screen and the other ponies look at her when she does so... but how is she up there? Nopony seems to question how she got up there, but she's definitely actually up there.)

Applejack rates lowest with me because... well I'm not actually sure. I love all the characters and every position past favourite pony has a lot of ties (though even then I tend to bounce between Pinkie and Fluttershy for favourite). For some reason AJ just seems to sit a touch lower than the others. My guess is it's because she's just kind of plain. She's the hard-working, simple living country girl. She's still a great character, she just doesn't seem as interesting to me as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Low-Key

I hate you so much right now you have no idea. Seriously, why didn't I think of that?!?! And the worst part is thinking about that ended up filling in the blanks in my pony's character!

My pony is now named Low-Key. His special talent is all things stealth and he loves playing pranks. He takes his special talent and applies it as the town's locksmith. This means that he sells the best locks and security devices in the town, and is also giving himself unlimited access to any houses he wants to infiltrate for his good-natured jokes.

12. - Top - End - #882

GnomeWizardGuy

Something that doesn't often seem to be touched upon. Celestia must have really levelled up in the last thousand years, where as Luna doesn't seem to have grown much, and may even have lost some of her powers thanks to Nightmare Moon's banishing (I'm going by the assumption that Celestia didn't fight Nightmare because she wanted her sister back). My guess is there is a massive power disparity between the sisters after a thousand years one being unable to do much and the other having to do double duty.
    Nightmare Moon was able to banish Celestia to the sun during her short time in power, so she apparently still had her power at that point. Or perhaps Celestia simply didn't fight her.

In either case, I'm guessing that the Elements of Harmony are what downpowered Luna. If it was what they were supposed to do, or if they were just returning her to a point before she became Nightmare Moon, is hard to tell.

Rarity moves her tail around like that as well - specifically at the end of episode 2, where she hugs it and uses it to push up her hair. Sweetie Belle has the same talent.

It's a Tarot cart, The Magician. It's much more obvious when you look at the huge version on Kairaven's deviantart.
    Aha, thanks. I didn't see a link to his DA page, so I didn't know there was a larger version!

13. - Top - End - #883

That is about the best and most logical theory I've heard so far. It makes complete sense. Unicorns (obviously) and Pegasi (Walk on clouds, can control weather, etc) have all been shown as having precedent for magical abilities. Who's to say that the Earth Ponies need to be completely excluded from this?

Perhaps it's even latent and they don't realize how it works. Just born with it and never questioned it, you know?
    Well it appears Earth Pony magic is more internally focused instead of manipulating things so it shows up as things they can do. Pinkie can do Pinkie Stuff, Applejack can do rope tricks, a few ponies can pull an entire train, and Earth Ponies seem to be the ones to be in possession of bouts of insight (Pinkie, Mac, likely the mayor).
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-11 at 10:04 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quick question:

Where are you guys getting the pony-moticons? Want. [Thanks~]

Working on some art and an original pony or three.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Quick question:

Here. There's also a link under General Resources in the first post.

So, it's my birthday today (woo hoo) and I'm a little nervous. I saw my brother (also a fellow brony) eying a MLP birthday card the other day. The rest of my family knows nothing about ponies.

...I'm thinking my approach will be "laugh it off at first, then stow it in a secret place to keep forever".

16. - Top - End - #886

Quick question:

In the OP there's a link to the big grid of emotes most people use.

I use the other ones because I made them as part of the various art hijinks I get into. I'm a programmer so I believe in shamelessly reusing assets and that's where the 60x60 ones come from. Here's a link to the containing photobucket album

edit- happy b'day, Amish. *pony reaper moves another mark from the giant abacus of fate*
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-11 at 10:29 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

Quick question:

There should be a link in the opening post, and I think there's another one by MCerberus around the third or fourth post as well.

EDIT: Double ninja'd! Also, happy birthday Amish; good luck with birthday cards!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-07-11 at 10:30 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

18. - Top - End - #888

GnomeWizardGuy

Quick question:

Here is another link to some different emotes.

And happy birthday, Amish! Would it be good for your brother to get a singing FiM card for the nice music, or would that just be too awkward to ever use?

19. - Top - End - #889

Here. There's also a link under General Resources in the first post.

So, it's my birthday today (woo hoo) and I'm a little nervous. I saw my brother (also a fellow brony) eying a MLP birthday card the other day. The rest of my family knows nothing about ponies.

...I'm thinking my approach will be "laugh it off at first, then stow it in a secret place to keep forever".
    Happy birthday, Amish!

*Midnight bakes a cake! Well, attempts to bake a cake. It really comes out...well...it's a bit of a disaster, honestly. Pretty sure cakes aren't supposed to be gray.

Midnight: I, uhm, can't cook very well.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-11 at 10:40 AM.

20. - Top - End - #890

Cooking must be some Earth Pony magic or something.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Barbarian in the Playground

Humanized ponies image dump!
    Spoiler
    Show

And let's stop with Derpy
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #892

It is my personal fanon that Celestia always had pink mane, and only got multi-colored through exposure to the Rainbow of Light when she first used the EoH. You know... like how many thread ponies becomes multi-colored through Friendship Cannon exposure.

AJ ties ropes to her tail and twirls her flank for them rope tricks and lassoing. Girl gots them hip skills that puts Shakira to shame.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, SiuiS I really want the song to work for you. Try the original (sans-ponies):

Attero Dominatus (Airship Music)
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

24. - Top - End - #894

Happy birthday, Amish!

*Midnight bakes a cake! Well, attempts to bake a cake. It really comes out...well...it's a bit of a disaster, honestly. Pretty sure cakes aren't supposed to be gray.

It's okay. Pinkie will be here to help in 5... 4... 3... 2...

I... Wait, Pinkie, don't eat i- Too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

And let's stop with Derpy
    I laughed SO hard at Fluttershy's face in the car picture. That entire picture in general actually. Easily my favorite humanized pony picture ever.

Also, lol at Derpy at the end.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Here is another link to some different emotes.

And happy birthday, Amish! Would it be good for your brother to get a singing FiM card for the nice music, or would that just be too awkward to ever use?
    Oh...oh no. I never opened the card, and I didn't see him open it either. I have no idea if it's musical or not.

Happy birthday, Amish!

Look! A distraction!

*buries cake in several pounds of frosting*

See? It's just fine! Dang, Pinkie ninja-ate the whole thing.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everypony!

Now for actual pony topics:

I'm of the opinion that Earth Ponies have some sort of latent magic too, although I don't think prehensile tails is part of it. Example that wasn't mentioned: Rarity picking up the cake box in Party of One.

Wasn't it Word of Faust that Earth Ponies have some sort of connection to nature that helps them grow/farm things better?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-07-11 at 10:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh...oh no. I never opened the card, and I didn't see him open it either. I have no idea if it's musical or not.

Look! A distraction!

*buries cake in several pounds of frosting*

See? It's just fine! Dang, Pinkie ninja-ate the whole thing.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everypony!

Now for actual pony topics:

I'm of the opinion that Earth Ponies have some sort of latent magic too, although I don't think prehensile tails is part of it. Example that wasn't mentioned: Rarity picking up the cake box in Party of One.

Wasn't it Word of Faust that Earth Ponies have some sort of connection to nature that helps them grow/farm things better?
    Happy birthday Amish!

27. - Top - End - #897

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

You seem to be missing Applebloom and Rarity.
    Spoiler
    Show

And for that matter, they're all quite a bit smaller than the originals as well. The images here are also links to the creator's DA, if you're interested.

You could, uh, blame it on a random Youtube video from your computer if it does?

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

You could, uh, blame it on a random Youtube video from your computer if it does?
    "Nope, that wasn't the card! It was this video of ponies that somehow happened to be on my laptop! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME."

It's foolproof!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-07-11 at 11:11 AM.

29. - Top - End - #899

GnomeWizardGuy

"Nope, that wasn't the card! It was this video of ponies that somehow happened to be on my laptop! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME."

It's foolproof!
    Depending on the song, they might not identify it with ponies. Heck, hearing Winter Wrap Up or singing Flutterguy, you probably wouldn't even think of the show if you hadn't seen it beforehand.

...That's what Hasbro should make: singing Flutterguy Halloween cards. It's so fitting!

30. - Top - End - #900

Mental image of Twixie-Midnight family holiday dinner:

*Burnt and undistinguishable food stuff on table

Midnight: "Um... mom, dinner didn't turn out too well." *buries head in cook book. "I was sure it said 500 degrees."

Twilight: *buries head in another book "Well, the 'Holiday Cooking 101' says to try rosemary and thyme"

Midnight & Twilight: *busy discuss technicallity of various recipe as books pile up around them and more food burns.

Trixie: *facehoof "Spike? Dragon-gram to the Catering Ponies."
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku