New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of The Everlord (IC)

"Nergath, I apologize if I was hasty by interrupting our conversation." He stated. "Um, please consider not insulting our creations, however. This is not barbarity of primitive madness, this is the making of the First Born." He paused. . . "Yet I will sit down and partake of a more structured conversation with you." He sat down, and conjured a form of rose red wine and added it to the table, complimenting both the feast's appearance and adding to the treat the gods could partake of. "It would be a good idea to do this in a formal manner, but please, sister, calm yourself. I"m supposed to be the god of storms, not you." He joked.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The fire goddess... Sahu's eyebrow twitched at her arrival, but aside from growling in distaste she remained silent. Her earlier tirade still had her in a bad mood, but as long as she didn't say anything stupid she would bear her for now. Except that she did. At her comment, Sahu coiled in anger, trying to gather herself before failing and raging back at her fellow god.

"Not a place for me? NOT A PLACE FOR ME?! YOU ARROGANT FOOL, THIS IS A PLACE FOR NONE OF US!" the goddess raged, her maw gaping open as she shouted at the impertinent light bearer. "NONE of us belong in this place! Not truly! We are hybrids of creation and destruction, the last vestiges of the blood of two great foes! WE SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST! IT GOES AGAINST EVERY NATURAL LAW THE UNIVERSE BEFORE OURS HELD!"

Calming herself somewhat, Sahu shifted into her crab form, clanking her claws as she explained. "I, however, rather enjoy existing even if it goes against the natural course of the old universe. I'd say the old universe could just go off an die, but it already did. So now we have a little ball of dust to do with as we so please. Since we all have unlimited power, would it be too much to ask that we don't SCREW EACH OTHER OVER BY MESSING WITH EACH OTHERS DOMAINS! THE OCEAN IS MINE, SUN B****, DO NOT BRING YOUR LIGHT AND LAND TO IT!" she finished much less calmly, her pincers turning to snapping moray eels that hissed as they threatened to lash out at the goddess.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fáin's Bearing

While resting, Pictures of his travels came to Fáin.
    Beautiful sights and smells at first.
    Then the Darkness appeared and the Lost One whimpered unconsciously.
    Hastily he took those Pictures, grabbing, at the same time, those from before and hid them inside a rock. The forces of his dreams began to change it, it became black and white and it pulsed. He threw it away and finally found peace.

But divine dreams aren't that easy to get rid of. While trying to leaving their confinement, they leftcracks inside the rock, glowing red and blue and something was stirring inside...

A World away , magma erupted and a continent was born and torn by divine Forces. - Fáin's Bearing rocked gently and The Wanderer sighed blissfully. Then he sensed, that things had changed and he raised to a unknown warmth.

Walking slowly to the shore, he was just planning his future travels, when he received the invitation. Although the wording as well, as the manner of sending made clear, that this would be a serious Meeting, Fáin was delighted at the prospect of once again travelling to places unknown and Meeting other beings.

"Now how to get there?", he murmured. And while pondering he realized something beside him.

It was a great bird, just staying there, from time to time picking the barren rock.

"Excuse me, oh winged one, would you be interested in help me with my travels?", The Lost One searched the pockets of his clothing, and with a smile, he showed a loaf of bread.
    "You seem to be hungry. I'll offer you this and would be grateful, if you, in turn, carry me to some place."

The bird seemed to be very happy with the Food, and agreed to help.
    Fáin then took on a smaller size, so that the bird could Transport him. And they took to the air.

Gehenna

The god showed the way, and soon they arrived at the, already rather heated, gathering.
    For some moments, The Wanderer just stood there and took it all in.

Then he began greeting the other deities, before realizing, that he was still small.
    Growing to a more adequate size, inviting his bird to his shoulder, he waited for an opening, before bowing and saying:"Greetings to you all, and thank you for inviting me.", he looked around sighed, and continued, "May your home be peaceful and secure. - I am Fáin, and but a humble traveler."

Spoiler: Actions and stuff
    Show

Yes, I brought a mortal to the meeting
    Let's see what happens.

AP: 9/15 - Rollover 4AP

13/15 - Create Animal Life (1AP): Swalbatrows
    Spoiler: Swalbatrows
    Show
    White and grey swallows the size of an albatros. There are some of them on the isle, but they will probably starve if no one does something soon.

AP: 13/15

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uelticrat clicked to himself thoughtfully at the proceedings. Why were there so many of them? Divine beings. It did not seem right. One ruler.. Nothing else. That would be the best way to go about things. If there was only one, who could dispute his rule? Yes, his. It had to be a he, as Uelticrat was a he, and Uelticrat was obviously the only one worthy of ruling. Increasing his clicking to a chuckle for but a second, the vermin lord raised a hand infront of himself, summoning an image of his obsidian pyramid as it plummeted to the ground. The scene continues. As the pyramid crashes, the sound of it impacting with the earth emits from the image, along with a muffled version of his own screaming from within. Next, it appeared as though the pyramids surroundings were slowly being filled with water, until the pyramid was completely submerged.

The vermin lord may not have a mouth.. But he was most certainly smiling as he caused the image to disappear, looking to Sahu for her reaction. "Your trespass.. Was first." Finally, he looked to Fáin for a fraction of a second, clicking his mandibles with distaste at the sight.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-10 at 04:33 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Siblings, quiet your tempers, I beg of you!"

Nergath motioned to the thrones, each one shifting from its bland grey appearance to more closely match the domain of its owner. Sahu's throne shifted to become as coral, slick with water and viscous slime. Her Luminance's throne became as light, shimmering with a brilliant majesty. Uelticrat's throne became like bone, composed of ribs and arms and skulls of beings yet to exist, and crawling with maggots. Nergath looked to Skyen and nodded. "I did not mean offense. And barbarity has yet to take root, but I can see the insidious beginnings in the making. The sea crashes upon the land, the sun burns away the dark, and the earth cracks under the pressure of the forces we have arrayed. Unless we come to an accord, we will all lose that which is dear to us. The Oceans will boil to dust, the sun dim to but an ember. The winds will scatter the earth and then breathe their last, until finally we all meet the same fate as our preceding universe; Oblivion."

"We all have our parts to play, and thus I propose an accord be reached. We shall take our turns in laying down our foundations, and once we have turned this fledgling world into a suitable compromise, we shall retire from it, and act through proxy upon it." Nergath looked at each God in turn. "If you have grievances, objections, or suggestions; then now is the time to speak."

As Fain arrived, Nergath scrunched her nose, glaring at the bird. She sniffed the air, disgusted by the presence of a mortal. "What is that... thing?"
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-10 at 04:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Her Luminance bristled and flared up with a more intense heat at Sahu's verbal onslaught. "How dare you speak to me at all deep-dweller! My existence must be scared and planned because it happened, thus it must be natural in accordance with the very laws of the universe!" She yelled and gestured her arms violently.

"You stay away from my lands and everywhere my light touches unless you'd enjoy me ending that wretched life of yours! I would relish cleansing you." The goddess of light continued her rant as she burned almost blue in intensity. Fain wouldn't be finding peace here as long as these two were at each other's throats. A sword of pure flame formed from the fire around her and she took a step towards Sahu.

"Very well." Her Luminance replied to Nergath's plea and settled down into her throne once more, only casting a brief look of contempt at Sahu.

"I agree that an order must be reached although I doubt some among us are even capable of such thought. It may be beyond them." She smirked a bit and settled into her throne. This was comfortable for her and seemed a nice a place as any that she had been since being spawned.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-10 at 04:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ghenna]

"Oi, oi, oi! While I have no problem with two divine beings settling their conflicts privately, slandering the Sun, the ultimate expression of beauty in my presence is insulting me as well Sea Wench. As far as I have understood it however, Ghenna is a place where Gods are to lay down their arms in favor of discourse. A kind of word play as I understand it that I'm not entirely fond of, but the Goddess who made this plane proved her strength in the act so I will respect her desire to have a peaceful discussion for now.

However disrespect the sun, and me, outside of this plane again and I will see to it that your oceans are nothing more than a memory in the crippled shell that will remain when I'm finished. You already have one enemy in the form of The Lady here, it would behoove you not to add my name to that list."

Alcandor says scowling, the towering golden figure emitting menace in it's rawest form, he detested having to be in this kind of place where "law" had more say than the individual did. He believed in a more primal set of directives, the strong thrive, the weak either learn how to be strong or die in the process. Protecting them with law merely allowed them to live in inadequate state of existence, a prolonged form of suffering and agony in his eyes. This whole plane a monument to the cruelty of the law that was to be. Turning to the Goddess who summoned them there he'd speak.

"Then I, as The God of Strength will speak first as is my right. I decree that equal right to land be allowed to any and all who have the strength to claim it, but once it is claimed one has to respect the territory provided it does not overstep the bounds of one's strength to hold. The strong thrive, the weak adapt. That is the law I put down for the nature of mortals under our protection. If Gods are to interfere they must do it through single combat. To attack a civilization directly is to impose your own law as a Divine Being upon the Divinity who created it, something that should never be tolerated.

As well! In the spirit of good will, and my own generosity I will extend this invitation. Every Hundred Planentary Rotations around my sun, from the creation of your mortal race, each of you may send a champion of your choice to participate in a tournament to be held. In exchange for cooperation, I will perform 1 divine act for the victor's people, they are welcome to bring any technology or weapons they develop in that period, and every battle is to the death. This way, even though we act through proxy The Gods will have a means of testing each other, and through my generosity, one will thrive above all else. That is the law of the strong."
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-10 at 05:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Kobold

The First Dream grumbled and groaned under the strain of its birth.

The dream named itself Uyani. Uyani wanted nothing more than to continue his slumber.

Inert dust spread from his base, growing. Folding in on itself in impossible ways. The growth was ceaseless, but contained. The shape incomprehensible. A fractal plane. Driven by the dreaming madness of a god.

The plane closed itself and Uyani slept.

As Uyani slept, he dreamed again. This time of a light in heaven. A lesser light to tell the world that it was time to sleep. He called it "The Moon," and he slept.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Starting ap:15
    actions:
    Create Plane: Dreamscape. (4ap)
    Create Land: The Moon. (2ap)
    Ending ap:9

9. - Top - End - #39

RedKnightGirl

Sahu bristled for a few moments as she took the form of a slimey, white half-angler fish, half-giant to better fill her throne. And then... she laughed. A brief chuckle at first, before turning into genuine mirth and finally true evil laughter. "Oh, what a fine and bountiful meeting this is," she panted between cackling. "None of us want the world to die, at least not in the way that it would without our intervention. And yet none of us can come to an accord! This... beef head wishes no-one to ever fight, when even I know that is the nature of mortals! Mortals, we haven't even MADE mortals yet and we're already trying to come to an accord on how we should have them act! And the sun b**** talks about how I'm an 'abomination' and her way is 'right', when I remember from our former lives just how well a world with nothing but molten magma and not a touch of water and darkness would work out! Mr Bones over there seems to want to run the whole show, at least based on how he's trying to slur my good name and how he's acting like an arrogant prick! I freely confess I just want to crush everything that isn't my ocean and sink it all within my depths, selfish as that may be. And even our host seems hard pressed to suggest any kind of accord between us all, for every one of us hates each other despite being in the world for little more than a few moments! At least in our own eyes, who knows how the world itself would perceive this time."

Finally calming down from her mirth, her webs tightened upon her throne before her glazed white eyes turned to the other gods. "I'm sick enough of other people messing around with my ocean I'm willing to make an accord - don't screw with me, I won't screw with you. That's the only rule we truly need - make land rather than raise it, because the land beneath the depths is mine. I'll ignore the hideous sun so long as it doesn't start lighting up places it doesn't belong. And I'll extent the same favors to you by not trying to drag continents back into the waters. At least, not directly. I believe that's the closest thing we're going to come to an agreement on when the sun b**** wants to burn the world, the meat head wants to decide who rules it with a wrestling contest and I, well I just want it all dead and drowned."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ghenna]

"Correction, you have yet to make mortals. My first act was to fill the void of creation with life. For instance."

He gives a high pitched whistle, and from the doors came a massive hound, easily the size of a small hill that licked at the sun god's face, the massive creature made out of star stuff and drooling a plasma that sizzled when it touched Alcandor's armor, yet with a chuckle he'd gesture it off, the beast bounding out of the massive common room.

"Your laziness doesn't apply to all of us, some of us look forward rather than back, to the potential this new world holds for all life. I, as the God of Strength, merely want to ensure that all races have an equivalent chance at victory. Those who work for it hardest will be rewarded, regardless of their godly origin. After all is it not those who strive hardest for strength deserve it most? To have this set as a rule and also have the rule set to respect another's Godly territory would be a rule I thought you of all people would respect, Sea Wench. I'm advocating for Gods to stay out of the means of mortals outside of acting with Champions. It's no fun building a bronze city and trying to train a hero to equal us from the ranks of the mortals only to have it leveled by the angry Goddess of let's say Volcanoes because the God of those people said something off color. It is not the right of the strong to kill the weak, it is our duty to protect them, and these "laws" are the only ones I see fit for our interactions with this new world."

11. - Top - End - #41

"You beast! I swear if I ever see you rise your ugly head from below the depths again I will boil the oceans to see you suffer!" The goddess raged, barely constraining herself and growing weary of enduring Sahu's verbal abuse. "You will never have the warm lands back no matter what you do. Languish in your impotence. But I agree with you that my glorious light not pierce too deeply beneath the waves and disrupt that wretched darkness as long as you keep your tentacles off the land."

And then she turned her head to regard that other; the one whom had defended her beautiful sun and felt something.. softer.

"Who are you, fire-thing?" She questioned the other immortal. "You seem familiar somehow. Did I.. Inadvertently create you? When I allowed the unquenchable fire to flow through me, when I let that divine flame inside me and formed the sun I had no knowledge that it would be my surrogate womb. Even though it was an accident you are the sun.. My son.." She said, her voice a little relaxed for the first time after dealing with her nemesis. She was too overtaken to comment on a few of his troubling views.

"That's a mortal beast?" Her Luminance said quizzically while staring at Alcandor's hound, her nose wrinkling slightly. "Very well, I am not to be out shown. Witness, wretched sea-thing, that not all heat and light brings death." She declared before waving her hand and transforming a good deal of her fresh new molten land on Volcanaan into a beautiful beach area with sparse trees and purifying some of the various pools of ocean water with the heat of the molten pools resulting in beautiful hot springs. An ecosystem similar to the Galápagos would form with basic flora and fauna native to that area, but especially the noble tortoise whom Her Luminance created specifically as a being that generated heat and kept the hot springs hot and could just as easily swim in magma. On a different part of her island, closer to the canyon that the deep one left behind, she created a vast sandy desert area with barely any plant life that contained basic life suited to surviving in a more harsh sunny environment but especially the cunning Sunsnake.

"Simple life wasn't so hard." She mused while looking pleased with herself.

"Now, fire-thing, you should know that it matters little if you have the strength to take a land but more the strength to hold a land and keep it under control. And what better way than that but to establish a system of rules... from the very beginning?" She added, finally addressing his side of things.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 13

Alter Land (Beach Area) [1]: A very nice sandy beach type area with spare trees and the like. The ocean is probably okay to go into close to the shore at least. Has a lot of hot springs. Nice and tropical. I'd say it covers the entire outer rim of Volcanaan and goes inland a ways. Most of Volcanaan that isn't hardened magma or canyon would probably be this.

Alter Land (Desert Area) [1]: A hotter more inland area that is very sandy with dunes and cacti. Maybe one oasis. Way less life here, but what does live here can survive on very little water. There is only one large desert that covers a big swath of the island but while the desert itself is big the desert area covers less land overall than any of the other land types.

Create Animal/Monster (Molten Tortoise) [1]: A tortoise that can grow to immense size (Hippo Size at max) and has a lifespan of about eighty years. They are slow moving herbivores that spend most of their time in the Hot Spring Lakes helping to keep them warm or in the magma pools. They have a very high body temperature, are immune to fire, and aggressive if provoked.

Create Monster/Animal (Sunsnake) [1]: A very cunning and intelligent desert dwelling predator that has a lifespan of around thirty years. It can draw water from the meat of the things it kills and survive long periods of time without water. It has a deadly poison and is similar to a Rattlesnake.

AP: 9
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-10 at 09:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

RedKnightGirl

"I don't WANT that tainted lands back! I simply long for them not to exist! And..." Sahu growled, before deciding to simply stop talking. She was stubborn, stupid, an infidel and worst of all was under the impression that just because Sahu admitted some of her faults that she was completely in the right. If she ever made mortals, she was slipping in killing any worshipers of the sun b**** into her teachings... but outright fighting was fruitless. They were all of even strength, and even if she won she wouldn't get what she wanted.

"I will languish where I choose," Sahu replied in a cold tone, turning her eyes to the world and the life that sprung up upon it. All of it pointless, stupid land life of course. All of it weak, and fragile, and prey. As much as a strong part of her desired her oceans to be a lifeless void, she could not stand to have the land be the 'real world' and her ocean a mere footnote. A blanket between disgusting continents teeming with life. No, that would NOT do. She would make them FEAR the ocean. Both the life in the world and even the other gods themselves.

Digging one claw into the other arm, Sahu hissed as her black blood drained its way across dimensions and splatter across the face of the world. Where the blood touched the deep ocean, it congealed and turned into many tentacled beasts the size of an island, that would kill all who thought they could conquer the ocean. Where it touched the fresh water streams and shallow beaches of Volcanaan, it turned to smaller and weaker versions of the creature that were better suited to their environment, and could even walk on land for a while. And where the black blood touched the magma the fire goddess was so proud of, it congealed into a humongous and potent monstrosity that revelled in the flames, just one of its tentacles large enough to crush a home and hot enough to melt through stone.

Sahu watched in delighted as her Volcanaan based monsters immediately began to make the local wildlife its prey. Smaller kraken on the beach dragging flaming turtles to their death in the waters, while the large flaming kraken occasionally wandered down into the desert to scoop up entire packs of Sunsnakes and pack them into their maw to be devoured.

"You're right, that WAS simple. I could get used to this... watching these things suffer is enough to make me tolerate their existence."

Spoiler
    Show

4 AP Create Fabled Monster - Kraken. In the deep ocean humongous kraken dwell, being supreme in their ocean environment. They are the size of islands, and devour ships like they were simple pellets of food. There are also sub-species of kraken are local to Volcanaan, and come in two varieties.

Stream Kraken converge in the bottom of the Kraken's Tentacles where it is water rather than magma, as well as in streams and in shallow beaches. They are smaller, weaker kraken, but can survive on land for up to an hour to entangle an drag prey to drown it.

Magma Kraken on the other hand are significantly larger and more powerful than even their ocean counterparts. They spend most of their time swimming in the earth's core, as they are completely immune to heat, and even use it as a weapon through their intense body heat and shooting fire from their maws. However, when they require prey they often crawl their way out through volcanoes or the Kraken's Tentacles, though they have even been known to erupt through earth that is shallow. A Magma Kraken does not eat often, but when they do they can stay on land for days without water or magma, and have been known to devour entire villages in a single meal.

8/15 AP
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-08-11 at 01:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

AssassinGuy

It is a strange experience, to be conscious from the first moment of your conception. Sunev first appeared as little but a ball of light between the massive palms of her father, but already she was aware. A rumble washed over her as the great figure spoke, but only one command struck a chord in her mind.
    "...take in the beauty of all that is...""

And such beauty there was. First, the raw majesty of the barren world beneath. Soon that changed, in a spray of mist, to the perfect round smoothness of a marble as the water blanketed all. In the skies, in an explosion of light and heat, the sun came into being. All this, the embryonic goddess watched with silent wonder.

And then, suddenly, the surroundings changed. Rather than the marvel of space, with blackness all around, she was in a blank, grey realm. Around her, the gods were talking. Arguing. There was no beauty to be found here.

She could feel her father's will for her to stay there, in this summit of the gods, where the laws of the universe might well be lain down. She could feel his displeasure as she rose from his skin and left the place, a tiny, insignificant mote of light amidst the vastness of the gods. But he would not embarrass both of them by holding her back.

A moment of exertion, and the wisp returned to the universe. A new object floated there, milky white and flawless, and she cursed that she had missed the moment of its creation, and wondered at its beauty. But she was free, and the world beneaath beckoned. Gently, she drifted towards it. Even from such a height, two landmasses could be seen. One was a battlefield of water and fire, hardened magma, inhospitable desert, and rivers of fire. But the other was much more hospitable. Soft loam covered the ground, and the only terrain was a few mountains in the centre of the island. It would do nicely.

Setting down near the edge of the continent, light as a feather, she sank beneath the soft soil and slept. Light from her mother the sun, and water from her mother the sea, would nurture her in her earthen womb. And soon she would arise, to walk this world and see its wonders.

From the ground where she lay, a small bud, pale as the young moon, eased its way to the surface and began to grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gehenna

Fáin was shocked by the behavior of his peers, so that he wasn't even able, to answer his hosts question for a moment.
    He simply stood there, taking in the conflict of the others.

Then he turned to ... "Nergath, this little comrade of mine was nice enough to let me hitch a ride. I tell you, it's much nicer, then traveling on your own. He won't disturb you, will you?" He carressed the, rather nervous, birds feathers, then continued,
    "I agree with you, that there should be, at least some, rules."
    And to the whole meeting, "I don't claim to understand all of what your talking about
    ...devourer? ...gods? ...mortals? ...creation?

But I know for sure, THAT YOU ALL BEHAVE LIKE SAVAGES.
    When you're invited, you respect your host! AND DON'T ACT LIKE A BUNCH OF SPOILED, BARBARIC CHILDREN!"

While talking, The Traveler grew in size, until at the last words he stood towering above the gathering.

Then he smiled, almost shy, and shrinking to his previous size, he added: "So calm down, people, please calm down."
    And with this, a variety of drinks and snacks appeared on the table.
    Fáin poured a cup of tea, offering it to Nergath.
    "I apologize for my eruption."

Spoiler
    Show
    In case it wasn't clear, Fáin wishes the rules/laws of hospitality to be respected.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Maya had sat quietly as the other deities begun to proclaim and argue, sipping upon the red liqueur their host had provided, and looking between the strange forms of the various divinities assembled. Some, like her, were watching events silently, others were loud and set on proclaiming their will for the material plane. The Lady of Risk's eyes lingered on each in turn, wrathful Saku, quiet but wrathful Fain, proud Luminescence and her handsome son. So occupied by their creations, they've yet to worry about the bigger picture. Lost in their own little worlds. Calling the Krakens, serpents and star-hounds life seemed unfair to the Lady of Luck. Technically accurate, but there was so much more that could be done. Her fellow deities thus far seemed to lack ambition... with perhaps, one or two notable exceptions.

Tapping her fingers gently on her goblet's rim, Maya looked across to Nergath. "This is the problem with a gathering of gods. The only rules we are bound by are the ones we choose to respect. The same goes for any pronouncements we make. Some will honour the decrees set down here... but how will whatever we decide upon be made binding? By our honour as divinities?" Her tone is not hostile, though there is a twinkle in her eyes. The Goddess of Strategy couldn't help but wonder what the Lady of Pain had in mind.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awfully loud, were the gods with their grievances. Uelticrat raised his gauntlet-ted hands to either side of his head and pressed them to it. So loud.. Commanding other divine beings on what they should or should not do? Striking deals? He could see the point in it, he simply did not think it would work. After all, gods are as transparent as the mortals they would beget. The liars would lie, the powerful would cry, and there would be al-round anarchy. Even if an accord was reached, someone would slip up, someone would do what they wanted to do. Yes.. It would probably be Uelitcrat. He would not say such a thing, of course.

Alcandor.. The God of strength. What pitiful fool. Single combat? That which a god of strength would excel at? Why would anyone take him up on that, when deific powers were the very things that made gods divine? Single combat.. The Vermin Lord made a note of finding a way to turn this "Single Combat" nonesense back in Alcandor's face. His big, beautiful face.

The one called Sahu.. Rather meat-headed, herself. Uelticrat did not care how the physical world died, he just knew that it had to do so. Doing so before there was enough for him to take control of though? That would be a problem, certainly. And letting everyone know her goals? Sahu was not thinking this through, whatsoever. A beautiful domain she had created, but a beautiful mind she did not have. He chittered to himself, giving his head a shake of pity.

..Now.. Now life.. Real life was emerging on the planet? The vermin lord shifted in his boney, rather hated seat. Real life..? That meant.. It had begun. His creations could begin their work. He reached into his hood, crushing the spider which was acting as his face with his fist, before casting it away, sending it straight to the ocean, to spread the news with its brethren. Once again, The Death God Smiled mouthlessly, as a new spider crawled up from the inside of his robe to replace his face.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

First off, most of this post was Uelticrat sitting there, watching everyone else and thinking.. So.. You can't exactly TELL what his thoughts are of you.
    He is also spending ap though, and I'd say it's fine to be able to tell what was done with it, if you'd like.

Bless 1 AP
    Cause rapid reproduction in the obsidian spiders. The spiders of Uelticrat have a huge population boom, increasing their numbers by four times.

Create Lesser Concept 1 AP
    Group murder.
    If one of the obsidian spiders encounters a creature which it would not be able to kill on its own, it will gather together a group of its fellows to kill with it. They will split up again afterwards though. This is NOT pack hunting, as they do not actually work together, they just collectively throw themselves at whatever it is they need to kill, poisoning, biting and tearing. Thanks to this, they can often take down something much larger and more powerful than themselves.

Curse 1 AP
    Creatures of the beach area
    Anything living on the "Beach Area" of Volcanaan or in the waters surrounding will find themselves plagued with obsidian spiders. Because of the obsidian caused by the volcano, the spiders have no need to travel all the way back to The Wailing Pyramid to reproduce, however there are certainly less of them here, than there.

Curse 1 AP
    Creatures of the sea
    Anything living in the sea will find itself under constant harassment from a plague of Obsidian spiders. The closer the sea-creatures are to Volcanaan or The Wailing Pyramid, the more grief they will receive from the murderous arachnids.

Remaining AP: 11
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I don't understand if I'm being called out for not following any rules of hospitality. I did, after all, create Love, and I even brought my own wine to the banquet." Skyen stated with a confused voice. "Anyway, I suggest that, as far as rules are concerned, that we all try to first consider something beneficial to all creation and not just boosts to our ego. Something that will benefit all of us, not just the mortals, but also the bugs, future beasts, and well. . . everything. It's good to have something like that in store for us, especially if for some reason, we would find ourselves mortal."

18. - Top - End - #48

RedKnightGirl

"Strictly speaking since we all only just came into creation and have no society to speak of, we ARE all barbarian children," Sahu replied wryly to the rage of the travel god. "The only problem is some of us are more willing to admit our faults than others. I, for example, am a depraved, selfish, raging beast of a god, but I find few other gods willing to admit to even one of those depsite being no better."

Spiders... swimming spiders that killed her kraken. Not often, not without great difficulty, but they did so. Sahu sat stunned for a few moments. "I would be enraged if that wasn't so hillarious," she admitted finally. She had to admire the courage of the god to do something so ridiculous to her first living creation.

At the remarks of Skyen though, she had to scowl. "Oh yes, it's not like one of us covered the whole planet in something every living thing requires," she shot back. "And it's ALSO not like every god and goddess won't STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT! But if you want to build something useful for 'every living thing' you'll be hard pressed seeing as half of them want to each other."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

A little earlier
    Alcandor, Sahu, Luminescence. The Lady of Risk's gaze turned quietly between each member of the trio, as the conflict between their creations played out in the sky above, her expression carefully neutral. Her fellow divinites were starting to grate on the ex-queen, but what irritated Maya about them was not their arrogance, or their loud argument. No, it was their workings upon the material that vexed the Golden Butterfly. They had started well, with grandeur and scale, but these lives of theirs were so unimaginative, so... simple. Animals that didn't think, didn't feel, didn't dream. All they could do was hunt and kill, just like those black spiders that seemed rather similar to Uelticrat's pyramid. Calling these creatures 'mortals' was giving them far too much credit to Maya's mind. If a being couldn't understand the passage of time, could it be considered a mortal? It was depressing to the Lady of Luck that such uninteresting creatures were the first to walk the world

Well, let's throw a little twist into this story.

The gods assembled around this table all had their preferred objects of interest. Sahu and Luminesence drew the eye, Fain and Skyen had some attention, and Nergath was their host. Plus above them lay the window to the Prime: one more distraction. None of her fellow gods were paying attention to the quiet, unimportant goddess who sat beside the Lady of Pain. With a smile, the Lady of Luck withdrew a small diamond from a fold within her cloak of cards, movement so slight that none of those assembled could see the shining gem. Clasping it in her hand, Maya focused upon her creation, imbuing it with her will and purpose. Perhaps one or two of those assembled might have caught a glimpse of the strange deity leaning closely to her hand, muttering into it. The Lady of Risk, perhaps naturally, spent longer than she should have holding the gem. It was the first of its kind, after all, and the purpose she had in mind for it was special. For all her love of gambling, a part of Maya was reluctant to cast her handiwork down upon the mortal world.

But all things, in time, must face danger and challenge. How else can they prove their value? Leaning back, smiling widely once again, the young deity stretched her arms wide, as if bored by the discussion, and flung her diamond straight into the viewportal above, the gem vanishing with barely a ripple to mark its passage.

Maya's work had now begun.

Now
    One moment, the Void was peace. Still, silent and as unspoilt as it had been in the first moment, lit only by the sun and the beating wings of Alcandor's Sun-Wyrms.

And then, the blinding white light filled everything, blazing past the sun straight towards the world below, faster than even deities could follow. Fire blanketed the colossal hunk of rock and iron as it drew close to the earth, an almighty blue-tinted blaze that all beings still standing upon the world could witness. Chunks of stone started to break away from the oncoming juggernaught, fizzling into cinders as they touched the ocean, and reducing the almighty star into half of what it once was, knocking away piece by piece. The white glowing hunk of rock hovered for a few seconds in the air, seemingly turning slightly, as though held aloft in the forge by the hand of an invisible craftsman.

But then, slowly, the momentum from before fading away the second star known to the universe descended to the ocean. The water around the mighty rock sizzled for a few seconds, boiling away as the newly forged continent begun to cool, before at last returning to tranquillity. If one had ears within that place, the sound of gently bobbing water could be heard, as Sahu's mighty ocean begun to trickle through hidden caverns and secret ways. Above, at the highest points of the newly forged land, springs begun to errupt and slowly fill carefully carved channels, letting water flow down in turn, back towards the sea.

All things in balance. On the grand scale, and the small. The landmass alone was one thing, but Maya had more in mind than that

There is an almighty crash of water as Pygas the White, first Sea Serpent rose above the waves, dragging her emerald eggs onto a rocky outcrop before circling around them, crying out with the deep sonorous song that her kin would all one day share. Her sound was a clarion call to all life within the new continent. The gem beetles soon enough emerged from their emerald hives, dotted across Illyria. Far smaller than the mighty Obsidian Spiders, they buzzed along the waterways, sparkling in the sunlight, each strain a different colour, and beautiful to gaze upon. The glint from their shell could blind a careless observer, but not the agile swoop fish, long creatures with a thin tale but rudimentary wings on their sides: the better for extended jumps above the water to grab their fill of beetles. Two simple animals, not grand, not terrible, but beautiful in their own way. Whilst in the distance, a flock of sparrows circled over a clearing, cawing delightedly, as the first of a group of little beings come to.

These ones are not like the other life that has begun to emerge, on the other continents, far away. They are short, with two hands, and two legs, a miniature version of the image most of the gods have agreed upon. They look up towards the sky with wonder, glancing around at the world and one another, unable to quite take everything in. Later, they would tell stories of the long sleep, from which they awoke unto the world, to explore and enjoy. But for now, all the little creatures have is wonderment.

They are the Okuya, or little-folk. The first mortals, and chosen of the Lady of Luck. And with their arrival, the world has become a different place

Spoiler
    Show
    We have the sun, we have the moon... so Maya will take the stars! And with her first star... she's had some fun.

2AP: Create Land; The continent of Illyria. The first of Maya's stars, fallen to earth and reshaped in the atmosphere Her Luminance's laws gave the world, it lies to the north-east of Fáin's Bearing. Probably the largest landmass to date, it stretches south to the point of the south-west coast getting close to the submerged Black Pyramid. The current landmass is fairly temperate, and divided between rock, soil and water. Mountains have snow, and rivers run down to the sea, or to inland lakes. There's no plant life yet, but Maya's established a placeholder ecosystem through Gem Bugs, shiny beetles that absorb the light of the sun, and can be eaten by both the Sparrows, and the Swoop Fish. It's a stopgap system, meant to let life begin, whilst still leaving plenty of space for plants, trees and other animals to emerge as soon as the Goddess of Nature shows up. The land will shift to be more green and fertile as such things start emerging on the planetary level

A notable point is that below the land lie a large number of caverns that open up onto the ocean. This Undersea stretches across all of the continent, and has no natural source of light. The water is salty, rather than fresh, and the caverns are large enough to support most oceanic forms of life. This lower level of the continent can be accessed by certain cave networks in the mountain regions, or by any prolonged expedition downwards. There are also precious minerals and gemstones below the earth: one day, mining will tempt mortals. And it will be as much a gamble as any other path towards profit.

1AP: Create Monstrous Life, Sea Serpents. Mighty colossi of the waters, these creatures can vary greatly in size, elders approaching the great kraken as gargantuan coils of sinew and muscle. Clad in shining blue scales, and with skulls fortified by chitinous bone, a den of Sea Serpents can provide a serious threat to any other non-magical life, coiling around other sea-faring life, before rending it to pieces with their powerful teeth. Whilst the creatures are carnivorous, and more than capable of consuming mortal flesh when hungry, they have no inherent hatred to them, and could theoretically be domesticated. Their digestive system is equipped to break down many elements, including rock and magic (ensuring that obsidian spiders are edible to them)

2AP: Create Mundane Life: Okuya. A race of small humanoids, quicker and nimbler than most larger species, but without their physical strength. They live in a clan structure, migrating to find food as needed, primarily the Swoop Fish, which they catch through nets or by hand. They'll be sticking to the rivers at first, but will roam up towards the mountains. They have no particular religious belief as of yet, but they revere Lady Sparrow, who taught them their words and how to use the power of the elements. The Sparrows are a sacred creature to the Okuya tribes, and often seen as an omen of some sort, good or bad.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2014-08-11 at 11:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gehenna

"You created ... LOVE?!", Fáin replied with raised eyebrows.
    "Anyway,", he continued, "I apologize, I myself am surprised by this outburst of mine. Your words seem wise, but wouldn't it be beneficial, if we all could respect each other, instead of all this fighting and posturing?"

He turned to Sahu, "I see, honesty surely is a great quality, but I find it no excuse to being a, how did you put it 'depraved, selfish, raging beast of a god', we can always try to be better, and", he nodded in the direction of The Skymaster, "make things better for every ..."
    Suddenly, The Wanderer stopped.

"Something happened.", he said with a wide smile, then he whispered something to his bird, which flapped his wings, and disappeared.

Illyria

In the sky above the new continent, a big bird appeared out of nowhere. He circled over the continent, searching out a group of Okuya after the other. At each group, he screamed until at least one of them looked up to it. Those who did felt unconscious for a short while, but when they awakened, they knew the way.

Show
    AP: 13/15
    13/15 - Raise Hero (4AP): Oovi, the Swalbatrow
    Spoiler: Oovi
    Show
    Oovi was the Swalbatrow, that brought Fáin to the first gathering of deities. There he was asked/empowered by the god of travelers, to be his ally/herold and bring his Blessing to a new race of migrating people (the Okuya).
    He has the ability to travel the "Rainbow Routes".

9/15 - Bless (Okuya) (1AP): Sense of direction
    Spoiler: Sense of direction
    Show
    At least on of each tribe/group of Okuya has now an innate and perfect sense of direction. He will always know where is nort/south/up/down (however this is called in their language or on The World)

AP: 8/15

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Skyen
    Skyen looked around as people spoke. "I am sorry, but I must excuse myself. I wanted to discuss the rules in detail, but I feel something calling out to me. I must finish The Echoing. The tides of inevitable eminence calls out to me and I must move through the streams. Lady Nergath, please forgive me but I must go. If you wish to convene a Council with me, please contact me."

The World Down Below
    Out of the ocean rose a massive land-mass, two them actually. . . the continents of Gadras, and Madras. In the south of Gadras, a somewhat northern continent was two thirds of temperate forests, grasslands, hills and mountains, to the south, the remaining land was a tropical zone of life, filled with exotic wild life. The upper half of Madras was tropical as well, while the South of the land was filled with a great desert. . . it wasn't a waste land, and in-between the whole desert there was a massive river, called The Lethian River. The Lethian River was as wide as four entire miles, and ran all the way from the desert half through the tropical North lands of Madras.

There would be beasts in these two continents. . . massive, mysterious and wise monsters. Monsters in strength, but beautiful, powerful and capable of great deeds. They would become the stuff of legendary tales, fables and proverbs. The Thunderbirds. . . The Thunderbirds descended into the world from Skyen's caw, a bird's caw. . . indistinguishable from the Raven, the Merlon Hawk's or the Eagle's Caw. . . all of these bird's caw at once, and at the same time, the Thunder reverberated in the clouds. . . Entire tribes of Thunderbirds. Their mere spoken words could shatter their enemies, and from their wings and will alone, they could summon forth thunderbolts to electrify their enemies to death.

Next, would come the people that would be most numerous under Skyen, for now. They would be come to be known as the Hartmen. . . and although Human in appearance, they nonetheless possessed heightened senses, physique, and great stamina and vitality. They are born hunters, and had the intelligence of wise men. They began to develop tribes soon after they were made.
    Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled Life 4 AP, the creation of Thunderbirds.

Create Land 4 AP, the creation of two continents, Madras, and Gadras

Create Magical Life, The Hartmen 3 AP

Create Lesser Concept: Hunting, 1 AP

Gain Domain: Blood Lines (Hereditary Traits) 3 AP
    4 AP spent to create Fabled Life : Thunderbirds, 3 AP spent to create the Hartmen.

0 AP left
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-08-12 at 02:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

AssassinGuy

While the gods argued on the plains of Gehenna, the milky white shoot sprouted from the ground. While a battle raged across the volcanic continent, it grew with amazing speed. By the time unliving monsters set out on their hunt, it had grown to a height of four feet, with a pair of pale leaves unfurling from its sides and a budding emerald blossom just above them.

Half a world away, a violent impact shook the world, and the first flower swayed gently. Ever so slowly, its multitude of pale florets spread, til at last they formed into a sphere. And then there was a sudden moment of transience. An observer would swear that, for a second, there stood two figures overlapped in a strange sort of double vision. Was that a stem, or a willowy thin torso? A pair of leaves, or arms raised towards the sun? A flower head, or the drape of long hair?

And then the moment passed, and there was just a young girl with skin the color of moonsilver, arms raised to the sky, shaking her verdant hair from her eyes. Beneath her feet, grasses were already beginning to grow, and wildflowers sprout. For a while, she just stood there, toes dug into the loam, staring at the sky. It was one thing to perceive the world, but quite another to see and feel it.

But there was so much to do, so much to see and feel. Tearing herself from the beauty of the cloudless sky, she took her first few steps forwards. Grass spread out from her feet like the train of a dress as she moved. Halting for a moment, she gestured with her arms and a bush in full flower sprouted by her. She continued on, gathering speed to dance across the land, occasionally pausing to will some greater plant into existence. As she moved, life began to gather around her. Just insects, for now, a swarm of butterflies and dragonflies building up behind her, settling on her hair and shoulders whenever she paused, to rise again in a flurry of shimmering colors when she moved on.

The trail of greenery she left spread behind raced outwards as she skipped along, so by the time she had completed a circuit of the island it was covered entire by a lush carpet of grass, interrupted by the occasional shrub. Looking up, she saw the sun setting ahead of her, lighting the sky with purple fire.

Skipping towards the sunset, she came quickly to the shoreline. Staring at the water, she dipped her toe carefully into it, clapping her hands in glee as water lilies sprung up around the point of contact. Stepping forwards, she balanced on the surface of the water for a moment, then took off after the setting sun, running for the joy of being alive, laughing all the while. Faster and faster she ran, blurring across the water, pacing the sunset, with life billowing across the world in a cone behind her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, sorry this is short and not much happens. I managed to erase everything I had written, not once (refreshing the page), not twice (accidentally closing the wrong tab), but three times (computer restarted itself). And I am tired. So this is shorter and probably worse written than it started. I am just copping out and letting life spread as it will. Consider the world seeded.

As another note, I am setting the season to spring until such time as another deity decides to change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Illyria: The First Tribes
    Where the strange Swalbatrow went, the little creatures rejoiced. There was no other creature like it that the young mortals had ever encountered. And whever it went, the people couldfeel its touch. The tribes started to grow more daring, venturing father from their rivers in search of new streams and lakes. Groups started to meet and mingle with one another, swapping stories of good land, and sharing supplies with those who needed it. And always, the travellers would tell the tale of the strange great bird that darted over their heads as they slept, bringing dreams of the world. .

One day, however, as Oovi came to rest upon an outcrop, a young Okuya boy peeked upwards, as the scent of a slowly cooking swoop-fish drifted towards the skies. Looking upwards to the divine bird, the child's eyes grew wide with wonder as he recognized the Swalbatrow. The young boy scrambled downwards, taking the freshly cooked fish from the fire, before climbing swiftly upwards. Back in Oovi's presence again, he held out the fish towards the herald of Fain, smiling wide. "For you, bird-friend! You must be tired, flying everywhere all the time."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    @Sean: Just to check, you're going west rather than east, right? And that's Volcanis rather than Illyria? We're getting a lot of land coming into place now, wanted to be sure.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ghenna]

Alcandor chuckled, seeing the other gods leave one by one before The Godess who had made a plane for them to discuss these issues took so much as a single vote, cowards vetoing their right to speak on the matter, standing the beautifully sculpted bronze skinned man would smirk as he stated proudly to the remaining collection of Gods and Goddesses.

"It seems those who aren't interested in divine politics have left, fools if you ask me. A God's Word is all a God has in these early days before any sort of bonds have been formed, and I intend to at least avoid being made complacent in deific law without at least having voiced my say in it. So speak Goddess of Divine Law. What are your viewpoints on my proposed laws? To keep Gods out of the affairs of other God's races except via the proxy of their champions. To allow for a tournament of each races champions every one hundred rotations around my glorious Sun to establish which race is the strongest and most worthy of my assistance, and finally, to bar God's from fighting other god's except in single combat. Every God deserves the right to defend their homes and lands fairly, if a single God becomes the target of a Pantheon because he offended one what dignity is there in allowing him to be attacked on all sides? The laws I propose allow all Gods to pursue their private activities as they please, allow all races to flourish regardless of Godly squabble, and allow for those who are truly Strongest to stand tall and proud."

He finished, crossing his arms with a smirk, the God of Strength was not ignorant of the world of politics it seemed, even if his approach to law was a bit.. free form and chaotic compared to something his more dogmatic brothers and sisters might suggest, but it was doubtless that these were the laws of the strong and just. Protect the weak so that they may flourish, recognize and reward those who achieve, and finally, keep your borders secure from those of rival deities, and while he could claim no small amount of bias in the single combat law he was sure that it would also protect the other deities from each other. Sahu herself seemed like she was on the path to making many enemies, and while he detested anyone who would dare mock the sun he had no desire to see the oceans of this world dry up and leave the lands as deserts, after all, he had yet to see the strength those born of Magma and Ice could bring to bear, perhaps they may be able to even rival his sun creatures one day, and if there was one thing The God of Strength relished it was fighting an enemy who had long trained and honed themselves to perfection for the sake of fighting him, forcing him to adapt and become stronger through those challenges. These laws would ensure that they would one day come, and on that day, Alcandor would welcome them with wine and feast before the battle.
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-12 at 06:28 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Illyria: Oovi and the Okuya-Boy

For a moment Oovi looked back at the boy, head tilted, then he swooped down and carefully took the fish from his hands, so that he wouldn't hurt him.
    A strong feeling of gratitude radiated from the bird as he consumed the gift. Here was a being, that instinctively understood the ways of hospitality.
    For goodbye, he rubbed his beak at the boys cheek and cawed as he took it's leave.

A single feather swooped down, landing in the hands of the boy.

Gehenna

Fáin, returning focus to the, meanwhile rather small, gathering, looked at the Sun-god with an expression of irritation.
    "I admit, that I don't understand everything going on here. How could someone own a race? Why should anyone promote battling, if there could be peaceful solutions? How could winning a violent tournament prove, that a people ist better than another?"
    He looked around the table.
    "I propose to use our obviously considerable might, to better the lot of beings, so that fighting won't be necessary. And rather then promote fighting, I would like to promote sharing, and aiding one another"

Show
    AP: 8/15
    8/15 - Craft Artifact (4AP): The Feather of Oovi
    Spoiler: The Feather of Oovi
    Show
    Oovi gave one of his feathers to a young Okuya, who was the first to show him compassion.

This feather gives whoever wears it greatly enhanced charisma. The wearer will nearly always find hospitality and most beings will react friendly towards him/her.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I hope that artifacts can work this way, the little boy was just so sweet, that I had to give him something.

Oh, and I suspect now the boy needs a name, Inspector Valin, will you do it?

AP: 4/15

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ghenna]

Alcandor begins laughing, at first a stifled chuckled, before bursting into full on laughter. Truly this God must have been mad, to avoid conflict entirely is to rage against the natural order, to impose your will on other species, and to dictate your will as the strongest before the God of Strength? Truly, this level of lunacy had to be a whole new high in this reality, but after a few minutes of this he would calm himself, straightening the golden breast plate he wore and preening a bit before he continued.

"I never mentioned ownership, it is merely the responsibility of a God to protect it's progeny, to protect one's offspring is a natural desire, and one that helps further the evolution and strength of a species. Thus, by creating a race it is under your protection should a God come to lay waste to your race.

Also, only peaceful solutions? Ahahahaha! Conflict is an inevitable reality, you cannot avoid it. Reality itself runs on conflict. Even our deific powers have to replace something, removing the old order to substitute our own. A race without conflict is a race of weakness, you cannot exist without testing yourself on the mettle of your fellows, and inevitably there will be some Prophet who claims to speak for you, one who spouts lies, and one who preaches against you.

How do you think The Followers of The False Prophet and The Heretic will react when they find that you yourself have spoken against them?

That they will bend knee to your will?

Hahahaha, no. They will wage war, claiming that the True Prophet conjures Dark Demons who's words are as poison, and has committed the True Heresy. They will fight, blood will be shed in your name, and whether you like it or not. Atrocities will be committed for you. Our Job as deities is to cull these from our ranks so that our progeny may grow stronger, and in the future avoid these mistakes.

Like it or not however, there will be wars over resources, land, or philosophy. Even here in the Dawn of Reality we see The Goddess of the Sun, my mother, and The Ocean Goddess at each other's throats. The Laws I propose are admittedly in part to protect them both from the eventual schemes of the other, and their people from their deific schemes, and while I am not fool hardy enough to believe that I can stop them from fighting at all, nay, I encourage single battle in an honorable arena.

I do this, and propose these for the sake of yours, and mine. If my hounds were to grow into a massive pack under my hand and roam the stars as streaks across the sky, it would do nothing but gladden my heart. If a champion were to rise from your ranks, tested by battle, I would welcome him with open arms to eat at my table.

The laws I propose make us stronger as a group, all deities benefit from this, and the tournament is my extended hand as The Deity of Strength, offering a small piece of my incredible power to any mortal race that cares to partake of it. A small bit of encouragement for all sentient races to produce heroes of great valor.

To stifle that growth is the encourage evil and deceit, to say that the world has no need to stand against the schemes of darkness is to side it, to prevent the Greatest Champions from rising to stand up against evil no matter where it hides is a vile offense worse than any I've heard!

To deny heroism is to deny courage, to deny conflict is to deny reality and allow evil beings to flourish unoppposed!

As the God of Strength, and the representation of the glorious power and beauty that is The Sun ignore evil, knowing that the same Darkness that preceeded us, left the universe barren of all light and love will return again, and when it does, I desire that we not stand alone against the blackness that destroyed those before us."

The God of Strength said, moving from a reasoned stance into an impassioned speech, Courage driving him to speak out against denying the emergence of heroes. Those mortals who would aide the struggle of the Gods against the coming darkness, those who would stand against the impossible odds and become strong enough to earn true recognition from The God of Strength?!

"All that is required for Evil to prosper is for Good to do nothing God who seeks peace, and while I will not begrudge you the desire for peace, the desire to keep the people weak and complacent and forever destroy their ambition and desire for competition is one I cannot abide. We know already that conflict is unavoidable, we know already that this universe was once filled with life simply from the blood of the creator we were made from. These are unavoidable facts, and to ignore these, and to tell the Gods and Goddesses gathered here that preparing for that Evil's return is the inferior solution to our eventual Godly Plight is one born of what I can only assume to be cowardice, but perhaps I have merely failed to make my point eloquently.

The reasons for the tournament are thus.

1. To Provide a non wartime alternative to conflict for Mortal races. There will be conflict and battles, but this tournament exists to minimize suffering and bloodshed.

2. To provide a healthy competitive atmosphere between nations, what cause is there for a people to advance if they are constantly hand fed by Gods? They will stagnate unless forced to move forward artificially by divinity.

3. To provide an arena for Gods to test their efforts and abilities against each other without causing wanton destruction. Even a one on one conflict would boil seas, and break continents if we were to fully unleash our power.

4. To prepare Heroes to fight any evil that may appear, these noble mortals will be our blade where we cannot act, they will tackle mortal evils that are deemed too vile to allow to exist. This way, we do not have Gods being forced to step in to every mortal conflict. This allows mortals to become self sufficient, and able to survive should any of us ever fall."

Death is a part of life, and it is our duty to lead the mortals and inspire them. A God of his people must rage harder, laugh louder, and weep more deeply than any of his subjects, because as icons and idols we are to be the leading light, the constant driving inspiration for all mortals, and through the tournament we will see which God is truly The Strongest, not only in physical abilities, but in all ways, and if each God seeks to constantly test themselves against the strongest. To prove that they themselves are better. Then The Gods too will push their own boundaries, and grow stronger for that as well!"

Thus, with a satisfied hrmmph, Alcandor sat back upon his stone throne, smirking over at Fain as he finished his point, obviously quite content that he had made his case to the council here in Ghenna quite well.
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-12 at 07:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fáin just chuckled a bit, amused by the fervor of Arcandors speech, before replying, "Well, well, fiery one, there seems to be a misunderstanding on both our parts. I'm not that naive, to believe there won't be violence or conflict. I'm blind, not stupid.
    But I didn't get, that you plan to prevent unnecessary bloodshed by providing a safety valve for those who need it."

He then became thoughtful, "As I tried to impart multiple times, I seem to have a handicap here. You talk of things I don't know about. You call yourseld deities and gods, you speak of some creator, from whose blood you're descended. I know nothing of those things. But I can agree, that there will be strong people needed to defend the weak from tyranny of evil.
    I just thought, as strong as we are, we could be those 'heroes'"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Kobold

The Slumbering God indeed slumbered in his shifting dreamworld, unaware of what occured at the councilings of the gods. It did not concern him.

As Uyani slept, he dreamed again...

First, he dreamed of himself, striding into his dreamworld. And thus his dreamself was made.

He looked down at the growing and changing world beneath. At the mortal beings and their ceaseless buzzings. It was tiring to watch, and so Uyani wished that they would rest.
    As the nights fell upon the little planet, the mortal beings found their eyelids heavy. They laid themselves down through the night to sleep.

But they did not dream, as Uyani did. It was only fair that all beings were able to dream. And so Uyani tethered the mortals to his dreamworld with a flaxen strand. So that all those who slept would dream, and visit Uyani in his slumberings.

But Uyani's darker side demanded something further be done. Something to vex and to challenge. And so Uyani created nightmares. Horrific visions that would plague the mortals. Remind them that the world was not a safe and lovely place. It was dangerous and dark...

Uyani continued in his works, feeling a surge of deific urge to bless and curse. To create and destroy. In equal measure.

A brilliant idea came to him as he pondered. Bring his dreams into the waking world!
    Uyani weaved his divinity to form magic to be performed by the mortals...the magic of Illusion. The power to create waking dreams for the delight, or despair, of others.

Uyani felt himself tiring. And so he prepared one final act before he would rest...

He cast down a piece of his stony body. A piece of his dreamself. A glob of his plane, and the remaining spark of his divinity.
    The four parts coalesced and combined, creating life.

Thus, the Yanori were born. Tall, grey-skinned humanoids with dull features. They were naturally gifted in the illusions Uyani created, and could alter their basic appearances at will. Their tribes were small and secluded, placed upon each continent. As they began to form their lives, Uyani resumed his peaceful slumber....

Show

Starting AP: 9
    Create Lesser Concept: Sleep 1AP
    Create Lesser Concept: Dreams 1AP
    Create Lesser Concept: Nightmares 1AP
    Create Magical Concept: Illusion Magic 3AP
    Create Magical Life: Yanori 3AP (The Yanori are basically Changelings with a different name.)
    Ending AP: 0

29. - Top - End - #59

RedKnightGirl

Rules, rules and more rules! They chafed at her, and it felt as though she were weighed down in chains as the deity droned on and on about them! And some of them were so pointless! The idea of champions battling, how foolish... she was tempted to reject them all based on general principal!

But as she quietly sat and mulled over the rules, and turned her gaze to the world below... Sahu frowned in thought. Look at them. What races existed were squishy, weak fleshy things. They knew not how to fight, they didn't even band together into a single entity. If all the races were like this... the only thing that could spare them from a REAL race would be intervention by their gods. But if that were forbidden... if she could craft children strong enough to rule the world, and guarantee that they would not be stopped by the hands of the gods...

A laugh came from Sahu's throne, her claws tightening on her armrest as she thought of the possibilities! A way to destroy the world under a sea of water and scale, and rules to prevent other gods from intervening! It was perfect!

"I still think you're tournament is pointless, but since you're the one organizing it and supplying the prize I don't really care either way," Sahu admitted. "In regards to your other rules... I accepted. The gods will not intervene with the others races or domains. They will not be permitted to intervene when mortals fight or war. My only indulgence is that information not be considered 'intervening'. After all, what's the harm to whispering to another mortals race in their dreams? It's still up to them whether or not they listen."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

A shiver ran up the spine of the vermin lord. A shiver of elation.. What was this he felt drifting up from the physical realm? Thoughts? Well-strung, and properly formed? No longer was the world populated by simple beasts with a kill or be killed, hunt or be hunted attitude, but fully sentient beings. Another shiver. Ecstasy. If, up to the this point all the gods had simply been arranging their pieces on the board, it could be said that the game would not begin.

As Uelticrat was wallowing in his new-found excitement, he noticed the bronze one was speaking again.. Defending his "Single combat", explaining its value to each of the gods. Not interact with the servants of the other gods? Not gang up on a foe? What utter drivel. The moment it did not look good for this "Alcandor", he would turn around and request aid from those close to him. No interact with the servants of the other gods? How would Uelticrat gain his own servants? No, no, no. This would not work.

Uelticrat stood from his rather disgusting throne, placing his hands spread upon the table, looking to Alcandor, "You speak too much, Bronzed one, and think too highly of yourself. But your terms make sense. I will agree to them." he stated.
    The vermin lord then lifted his hands from the table, gesturing a finger to Sahu, "So long as the suggestion this one has put forth is also agreed upon". With this, he nodded to her, before sitting upon his throne again, brushing his nuckles against his robe, and noting how, as the dust came off of it, they became dark green, instead of their initial black.

Show
    Gain Domain Ap 3
    Plague (Poison)

2 AP (Create land, The Wailing Pyramid), 1 AP (Alter land, The Wailing Pyramid), 1 AP (Create Life, Obsidian Spiders), Bless 1 AP (Spider rapid reproduction) 1 AP x2 (Curse, Obsidian Spiders)

Remaining AP: 8
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-12 at 12:57 PM.