New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Outside XIV: More animals than you can shake a stick at. Yes the PCs.

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Castle Silhouette]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genesis' base of operations.

[Club Banana]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here be primates of all sorts and much silliness? An aircraft hanger turned into a club used exclusively by intelligent apes.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Special: Reinholdt will update the Outside threads and post new ones when it is time. Please don't post a new thread without his permission or he is away for an extended period of time.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-04-29 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside XIV: More animals than you can shake a stick at. Yes the PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    Mountain Cave East Dungeon, B4

She turns to face him. "Hm. I don't know," she answers, putting her fists on her hips.

"I haven't planned that far out yet. I'm thinking that, after I get out, I'm going to get married first after going to visit a lot of places. Then, I'm going to make some friends, and then...I don't know. Maybe I'll want to do something to the world after that. Like I said, I haven't planned that far out yet."

She shrugs, then turns back to face this floor of the dungeon.
    Thanks, for giving me time to think. Bye!
    Aww... Reinholdt feels bad for her. Even if she was a little creepy. Not nearly as creepy as some of the other stuff though, so he'll probably try to help her out. Besides, he already let out one mass murderer ancient evil. What's the worse that could happen?

"So what's stopping you from leaving then? The Skeleton King?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Outside XIV: More animals than you can shake a stick at. Yes the PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Island]

"So it seems, yes, on both counts." Val follows. "Things are quite different here than on my world, though. For one, magic is open here."
    Yeah, it is a little hard to get used to the idea. I just like to think that some people just carry really advanced gizmos in their pockets that pull of fancy things sometimes. He pulls out a couple of hammocks and a large beach umbrella and there is a fire pit which he promptly lights up.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Yes...that's part of it," she says to Reinholdt. "There's also some other parts to it, but it doesn't matter anyway, because there's no chance they're going to happen anyway."

Red turns around now, away from Reinholdt again, and cheerfully starts to walk into the room.

They're up on a catwalk right now, and it's a large room. Below, are all sorts of animals. Nonnatural ones. Even less natural than unicorns.
    There's silverish rhinolike creatures with metal skin thicker than armor, black sabertooth tigerlike creatures, prowling below, and all sorts of uninmagineable beasts.
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Yeah, it is a little hard to get used to the idea. I just like to think that some people just carry really advanced gizmos in their pockets that pull of fancy things sometimes. He pulls out a couple of hammocks and a large beach umbrella and there is a fire pit which he promptly lights up.
    [Island]

"Yeah, I would, except I'm one of the people for whom Clarke's Third Law could be taken either as-is or as its corrollary."
    Val chuckles and notices the hammocks and fire pit. "You own little hideaway, then? Nice place."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well what if I could help?"

Reinholdt continues on. After a while he decides to stop looking down too. Those things are just freaky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

[Bal's Hidden Lair]

Bal and Angie appear in a jail cell. Bals steps back from her and melds out of the bars of her cell.

Now then Angie.

Bal laughs.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Island]

"Yeah, I would, except I'm one of the people for whom Clarke's Third Law could be taken either as-is or as its corrollary."
    Val chuckles and notices the hammocks and fire pit. "You own little hideaway, then? Nice place."

Yeah I like it. Come around every now and then to just sit around and relax. So tell me about yourself. Why did you join the military.

[Bal's Lair]

Angie still wearing the bracelet that connects her to Ark thinks, "I need help."

She stares at him looking unimpressed.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

((v.v
    *glares at X* Don't hurt Angie. ))

"It is a nice place."
    Val takes a seat on a log and thinks a bit as she relaxes.
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time, I suppose. In my family, going back generations, there's a strong instinct to defend and protect those who can't defend or protect themselves."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #10

"Well, I don't think you can," says Jess, after a bit of thinking. "You might be able to, but I don't know."

She shrugs, and is still walking across the creaky and rusted catwalk.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Bal laughs all the harder. And I (XtheYeti) totally forgot about that bracelet...and it totally screws my own plot...which is so funny that I will just go ahead and destroy my own plot.

Ark taps Bal on his shoulder.

What the?

I took precautions idiot. Bracelet.

F(bad word)!!!!!!!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie just shakes her head and will take a seat yawning a bit.

((Damn, I was hoping for a breaking of Angie.))

[Island]

Donald nods. I can understand that I suppose. I know when I joined up it was more to get my hands on the newest things they were flying around.
    Last edited by McBish; 2010-04-07 at 09:56 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Angie just shakes her head and will take a seat yawning a bit.

((Damn, I was hoping for a breaking of Angie.))
    It can still happen...like this!

Ark grins.

Looks like I'm just going to have to take Angie back to HALO then come back here and...

All of a sudden Ark is blasted from 8 directions by lightning traps.

You're an idiot brother. I trapped this place out the butt.

Bal turns back to Angie.

Anyone else you want to sacrifice to me?
    Last edited by XtheYeti; 2010-04-07 at 09:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... what needs to be done?"

Reinholdt takes note of the creaking and starts keeping an eye on where he's stepping so if it falls in or something he's ready to fly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Well, Meidani looks out in interest. But there isn't much she can do until then.

{{Why what? }}
    A little kid appears to now be looking through, upside down.

((Why I knew that.))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    It can still happen...like this!

Ark grins.

Looks like I'm just going to have to take Angie back to HALO then come back here and...

All of a sudden Ark is blasted from 8 directions by lightning traps.

You're an idiot brother. I trapped this place out the butt.

Bal turns back to Angie.

Anyone else you want to sacrifice to me?
    How about Ark again when he comes around? Angie says shrugging a bit. She figures if Bal comes back as long as Ark is alive the same is true the other way.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Meidani smiles at him, but otherwise doesn't do much. Except wonder when they'll come to check on her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18

"Well, first, I would need to get something back that's mine. I think it's in the throne room. And, Emmaline would need to be taken care of, because there's something in the treasury that she's not allowed to have." The catwalk creaks once more - it's a big, long creak, but Red doesn't seem to mind.

Reinholdt may notice that, up ahead, part of the catwalk is very loose, and breaking a little. Some weight would bring the shear force too great so that it would tear. "And then, something would have to be done with these prisoners, though I don't know what." She continues walking.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Bal laughs.

You think I killed him? I'm not an idiot. Death is as little of a bother to him as it is to me. He's simply unconscious. And I have things to keep him that way.

Ark is picked up, put on a table, and four IV's are put in his arms.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

[Island]

"That too," Val chuckles. "How many types have you flown?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Island]

More then I can remember. I've flown pretty much any kind of commercial or military aircraft that I could get my hands on, and during my life that has been a lot. He says with a shrug.

[Bal's]

Angie just watches. So what now?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Bal laughs.

So now I torture you until your mind snaps like a twig. Then I patch you mind back up and do it again. Then I get serious.

...He's not kidding...and he starts getting out the implements to do just that...

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Meidani smiles at him, but otherwise doesn't do much. Except wonder when they'll come to check on her.
    He darts away then. Probably some sort of evil magic smile.

For quite a while, no one comes.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-04-07 at 10:13 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Meidani sighs, and waits.

...she's starting to wonder why.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25

Eventually, the locks click open again, and someone knocks on the door.
    "Meidani?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Bal's]

Angie steels herself seeing the tools. She recognizes many of them and memories flash in her mind. She shows nothing though, an impassive look on her face.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Watch out for that part of the catwalk." Reinholdt starts floating instead of walking. The downside is it turns him pink. Like every part of him pink. Eyes, hair, skin.

"So you're in charge of the prisoners here then?" Sometimes voice too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

[Bal's]

Angie steels herself seeing the tools. She recognizes many of them and memories flash in her mind. She shows nothing though, an impassive look on her face.
    [Bal's hidden place of torture and other very bad things]

Due to the graphical nature of what is about to take place, I suggest that there is a non-sexual curtain. Because unless Angie has a way to stop him, Bal is going to torture her until she goes nuts now....and that's pretty graphic...and I don't really feel like posting most of his actions...so...If it's ok with you...I'm not going to.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

[Island]

"Same here. Spent a while going out of my way to fly oddballs." Val chuckles. "Including a jet biplane cropduster."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Watch out for that part of the catwalk." Reinholdt starts floating instead of walking. The downside is it turns him pink. Like every part of him pink. Eyes, hair, skin.

"So you're in charge of the prisoners here then?" Sometimes voice too.
    Grumblegrumblenotlettingmekillheroffgrumble...

"Well, yes, I am. The entire dungeon, but I don't enter here very often. Only once every couple months, and I rarely go down the first stairs." She shrugs, not caring that he's turned pink, and stops in front of the broken catwalk.

She looks at it, then goes over to the far right side, where it's still fairly intact, and grabs onto the handrail. She slowly goes across, only slipping once, letting part of the grate fall forever and clatter on the ground.

Red reaches the other side with little more than a little cut on her leg.