New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Star Power VI: Shooting Stars (VORP VORP VORP)

Quote Originally Posted by faustin View Post
    Will Danica ever realize she can obliterate that moron by simply keeping her distance and shooting him with her energy beams?
    Or you know, just leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Or you know, just leave?
    Yeah that. I guess up till now she was kinda figuring she could talk it out. Then he proceeded to wreck her like a demolition derby.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

Will Danica ever realize she can obliterate that moron by simply keeping her distance and shooting him with her energy beams?
    I mean, she doesn’t want to kill him. Which I’ll actually credit Mookie for, as that’s reasonably in character for her (when convenient, at least).

But I agree that just leaving is probably the best choice here.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

More updates, and more confirmations for my theory that this story is just Danica falling asleep next to someone playing a fighting game.

The different art? It's a dream.
    Short meaningless plot that leads directly to a long one on one battle? Fighting game.
    Large landscape around but the two characters are seemingly "stuck" on a very small field, unable to escape backwards or upwards? Fighting game.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I mean, she doesn’t want to kill him. Which I’ll actually credit Mookie for, as that’s reasonably in character for her (when convenient, at least).

But I agree that just leaving is probably the best choice here.
    Yeah, Danica is horrified about killing people....except those Void Angel pilot mooks back in the first books.
    Last edited by faustin; 2019-01-30 at 08:07 PM.
    ""Jeez, this dress! i look like a dominatrix""
    (self-loathing): ""Actually , you look like a sorceress or something""
    ""Hey, no need to get cruel""

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Danica is horrified about killing people....except those Void Angel pilot mooks back in the first books.
    Yeah, hence the snarky “when convenient” line.

Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, the fact that he shouldn't know some people call her Starpower and only he himself called her an angel is probably a small drop in the ocean of problems here, but it really, really bothers me in his bragging speech.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Firbolg in the Playground

And now you lie -- felled -- at my carefully hidden feet!

http://rustyandco.com/comic/level2/level-2-15-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Okay, the fact that he shouldn't know some people call her Starpower and only he himself called her an angel is probably a small drop in the ocean of problems here, but it really, really bothers me in his bragging speech.
    Oh, she introduced herself as "a star-powered -" before she was interrupted.

What bothers me more is his braindead attitude. He comes along like Vegeta from Dragonball, only without any restraint or logical judgement when he chooses his sparring partners. As far as HE can reasonably know (from their "fight"), she is just a fragile space fairy. His bragging speech is pointless, because there was no posturing from her part, no claim that she was better or stronger than him.
    If that guy happened across some helpless toddlers, I can't help but think he would have behaved just the same, including the final speech.

Yep, this seems to be the guy who wouldn't see any difference between brutally beating up Tinky-Winky and Dipsy, Grandma Miller and her great-grand-niece Lara from next door, the last Unicorn and Paddington Bear, Cinderella and the fairy grandmother, or a random family of squirrels. "Ha! Your fancy names counted for nothing. You are defeated."

That said, if he next offers to train Danica to make her a worthy warrior, we might get a new low for storytelling from Mookie.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Beholder

Such a great warrior, crushing a foe that had no intention to fight back. I am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    That said, if he next offers to train Danica to make her a worthy warrior, we might get a new low for storytelling from Mookie.
    Lower than Maltak?
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

So tell me, who IS going to pay for this outrage?

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    Oh, she introduced herself as "a star-powered -" before she was interrupted.
    Yes, but those two things are not the same at all. If I introduce myself as "great honorable..." you'd be an idiot to adress me as "great honor" afterwards, or to turn "magic wielding..." into "magic wield". There's no way Mookie knows what he is doing, he is just being extremely lazy.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #1093

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    So tell me, who IS going to pay for this outrage?
    Danica. Hammer guy is pretty clear in that.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

So... Yay, action ? I'm sure this will look even better in sloppy b/w than in the usual style..
    And if Danica doesn't want to fight, why isn't she just flying away? Though I guess you could blame her hurt pride or considering him a criminal now.
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #1095

Beholder

Why does he look angry? Shouldn't he be happy the challenger is back for round 2, looking stronger than before?

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Why does he look angry? Shouldn't he be happy the challenger is back for round 2, looking stronger than before?
    I think Mookie was trying to go for surprised?
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

17. - Top - End - #1097

Beholder

I think Mookie was trying to go for surprised?
    Its either anger or having a difficult ****, but not surprise.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Barbarian in the Playground

Danica: "AND IT´S NOT EVEN MY FINAL FORM!"

At this point, Mookie should abandon all pretensions and go full Dragon Ball. At least would be funnier.
    ""Jeez, this dress! i look like a dominatrix""
    (self-loathing): ""Actually , you look like a sorceress or something""
    ""Hey, no need to get cruel""

19. - Top - End - #1099

Yeah this is just awful. Danica should be like "Ok, I guess that wasnt a distress call, lets gtfo of here" Nope, now that her pride is hurt, its time to go full power and fight. Place your bets people!

1:2 he proceeds to beat her into the ground again with some "hilarious" dialogue like "oh crap" as she attacks and he casually blocks it.
    1:3 she wipes the floor with him then delivers a trite speech about a world of cardboard or whatever to explain why she lost first time and why despite it being the answer here, violence is never the answer.
    1:10 Danica ends up with another admirer, this one violently assaulting anyone he thinks is making a play for "his mate"

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #1100

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah this is just awful. Danica should be like "Ok, I guess that wasnt a distress call, lets gtfo of here" Nope, now that her pride is hurt, its time to go full power and fight. Place your bets people!

1:2 he proceeds to beat her into the ground again with some "hilarious" dialogue like "oh crap" as she attacks and he casually blocks it.
    1:3 she wipes the floor with him then delivers a trite speech about a world of cardboard or whatever to explain why she lost first time and why despite it being the answer here, violence is never the answer.
    1:10 Danica ends up with another admirer, this one violently assaulting anyone he thinks is making a play for "his mate"
    It's still titled "The Heavy Metal Showdown", so the music is going to feature in here somehow.

In other case, I go for option two. "Violence Is Never The Answer" while beating the crap out of somebody sounds like a good option.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    More updates, and more confirmations for my theory that this story is just Danica falling asleep next to someone playing a fighting game.

The different art? It's a dream.
    Short meaningless plot that leads directly to a long one on one battle? Fighting game.
    Large landscape around but the two characters are seemingly "stuck" on a very small field, unable to escape backwards or upwards? Fighting game.
    K.O.!

Round two, START.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post

1:20 they bang*. Danica then takes the chance to defeat him by kicking his "nakta" while he's still naked. It turns out that they are in a video game; teabagging may ensue.

*consensually.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

It's still titled "The Heavy Metal Showdown", so the music is going to feature in here somehow.
    You sure about that? This is Mookie we're talking about here, so the title could just be referring to the oversized hammer. Making a shallow reference that has no actual connection to the thing referenced is a page right out of the Mookie playbook.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2019-02-05 at 11:36 AM.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

You sure about that? This is Mookie we're talking about here, so the title could just be referring to the oversized hammer. Making a shallow reference that has no actual connection to the thing referenced is a page right out of the Mookie playbook.
    Well I don't know. If the whole plot has been laid before us, isn't fighting a guy with a heavy metal object literally the story? Seems like a fine title to me, I think the problem is really the plot.

I feel like the best way to wrap up the chapter at this point is to have the next scene be Danica flying through space with a Morgan Freeman sound alike voiceover:

And so Danica returned home, leaving Karudak's broken body laying in the dust of a forgotten world. But who was he? Where did he come from, and why was he so eager to fight? These questions did not pass through Danica mind as she flew, removing the possibility of further plot development.
    Last edited by Kornaki; 2019-02-06 at 08:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone got a link to that “A Blank White Void” song someone came up with back in the DD threads? It feels relevant again.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Such battle. Very drama. Much excite. Wow.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Round three means this guy also has a super Saiyan mega form?

28. - Top - End - #1108

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    Nah, it means round 2 was danica sucker punching him with a power boost when he wasnt expecting it. NOW he is ready and /THUD BAM CRASH SMASH! Oh look, danica won.

29. - Top - End - #1109

He turns into The Hammer!

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Orc in the Playground

It’ll be either bird wings, shark teeth, or back tentacles. Or all three.