New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Yeah, I remember going to my classes one morning and coming back a few hours later to find 9 pages had gone by.
    I actually miss that.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Sorry Metal Mask! It was late at night and my brains weren't working! I didn't mean to leave you off the list of Midnight's daughters... great, I'm gonna get bopped for this. And I think this killed comments on the pictures. -(Sighs)-
    Now, now, you two. It was an honest mistake. Oooh, I know! The Sisterhood Social is coming up soon! Why don't you two compete?
    Mask: "The - social?"

*Reflexive fear at any sort of direct test can be seen in Mask's body language. Anything where she can be put to the test and can't dodge the facts makes her freeze up.

She shakes it off after a moment. If she had a face, it would be determined.*

Mask: "Fine then! This'll happen! This'll happen tops!"

[Expect relevant art today/tomorrow!]

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    O.o Y-you're right!

But who is Rainbow Dash?

I have the weirdest need to stalk Raz right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I think this makes the answer you. :P
    If Druid is Rainbow Dash, and Raz is Braeburn, who am I?

Those are the best kind of days!
    I basically met that guy in philosophy class at random one day and dragged him into the world of roleplaying, and then, ponies. I also introduced him to his current housemates in the course of a roleplaying game, who in turn got him his job. He also rolled with me for Derpy Day, and assists me with most of my other film/photo projects.

Basically, I'm directly responsible for every single cool thing that's happened in that guy's life over the past year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Woah.

This thread moves fast. I go to sleep for a few hours and pages sprout. I'm a little bit scared now...
    The thread has been incredibly slow recently. I'm accustomed to 8-9 pages a day.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

I actually miss that.
    I kinda do as well but I find myself actually reading more of the posts now than I used to. I used to just skim without paying much attention in order to keep up, now I can actually weigh in on a discussion from time to time. That's just me though, I know plenty of ponies were able to keep up just fine and I kind of do miss the blazing ridiculous speeds this thread used to get up to. I think we could find a happy medium between the current slowness and our ultimate peak speeds of a month or two ago.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2011-11-08 at 06:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

If Druid is Rainbow Dash, and Raz is Braeburn, who am I?
    I dunno. Their kid?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #215

I dunno. Their kid?
    *head asplode*

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

*head asplode*
    I try my best.

7. - Top - End - #217

I try my best.
    Kudos on the Dollhouse references you've been dropping all this time, by the way.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on this, but what is the general accepted level of fan-ness to be considered a "brony"? Is it more towards the "I watched the show with my daughter and it wasn't so bad" level, or is there an element of "I got a tattoo of a cutie mark representing my favourite fanfiction and I'm naming my daughter Scootaloo"?
    What, you have a daughter? You haven't mentioned that in the DD threads in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Summer?... but winter is coming... curse you Australians and your mutant backwards seasons, confusing my brain with your witchcraft
    Also curse their prematurity. Why can't they live in GMT+1 like normal people? Or at least stay late in work? I once again had to make an "he-doesn't-understand-me-I-don't-understand-him-so-we-sent-mails-anyway-and-coming-early-to-work-was-a-waste" call today. I hate those calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I've heard it albeit nopony that seem "comfortable" in self identifying as one. However I believe its mentioned at least once in the Knowyourmeme work, and a few other places like CR's review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I've heard it used before, but I'm sure it's not in common use. More often "brony" is used in a gender-neutral manner
    How could I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

It showed up for a one-and-done way back around like, thread 3-6. I remember arguingthat pegasister was cool, but having to factionalize only created inter-fandom conflict. A looooong time ago. Let's see what the Internet has to say!
    Ah. That's how, I wasn't in the thread back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    My off the cuff subject to change rankings of each episode, out of 10, with 5 being an average S1 episode

E1: 6
    E2: 8
    E3: 8
    E4: 9
    E5: 4
    E5 only a 4? But it contains Sweetie Bell and Rarity in the prescribed amounts!

These ponies are CRAZY. fast comes with the territory
    How's life treatin' ya, mate? I would have suspected you had weekends off but here you are on Monday/Tuesday, instead. Busy week?
    Actually, quite the opposite. I took leave day on Friday and meet a few friends and relatives over the weekend and was back on Sunday night. I just posted yesterday since when I tried to catch up the new thread just showed up. And so far this has been an acceptable busy week. Still don#t have time to catch up on the last thread past post 900.
    And thanks for asking! And how's your live been the past weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    That's our job dude. Well, one of them, in some cases.

Rassnfrassn responsibility
    One you guys take serious
    It used to be my job too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #219
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    What, you have a daughter? You haven't mentioned that in the DD threads in 4 years.
    Nope, I was trying to think of hypothetical brony types.

If I ever do have a daughter, I'll probably not name her Scootaloo. Although thinking about it "Celeste" is a pretty good name.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

So, Rainbows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, Rainbows and Factories.
    Yeah, I ended up reading it a little while back too, almost entirely because of how good the song was. Actually, I thought the Song was actually quite non-specific. It could just be that I was missing something, but it seemed to not really get any more definately than vaguely ominous hints.

The Fic was firmly in so-bad-it's...well, not so bad it's good, but so bad it's almost worth reading in a twisted kind of way. Just so completely out of character for everyone involved, even in comparison with Cupcakes which had the same hilarious terribad thing going. Mostly, the fact that they were so far out of character, along with the terrible slasher style attempts at horror just completely negated any of the potential impact of both of them. If your stomach is strong, they shouldn't trouble you in any long-term manner, and if you don't feel up to it, don't worry. You're not missing anything by not reading them, really.

Personally, I get a much more eerie, lovecraftianly things-pony-was-not-meant-to-know vibe from the Song, and toyed with the idea of doing my own version of the Fic, but I'm not particularly interested in either Grimdark, Grimdark Pony-Fics, or Fics in general, writing or reading. So it'll probably never happen. I'm pretty sure I could do better, but that's not exactly a wild claim.

I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the Derpy-Dinky fanon, really.
    I kind of like the adoption route, partially because of this relatively D'aaw free music-reference-pic that someone posted a while back.
    Spoiler
    Show

I like the idea actually that Sparkler is an adopted daughter too. Specifically, that she is pretty much the same age as Derpy, or possibly even older, but that for some reason Derpy ended up adopting her regardless. It's even further into only-ever-fanon territory than the rest of that, though.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, I was trying to think of hypothetical brony types.

If I ever do have a daughter, I'll probably not name her Scootaloo. Although thinking about it "Celeste" is a pretty good name.
    Mystery solved.
    I guess "Luna" is not an option for apparent reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I have a few questions to ask that have been buzzing around my head the past few days about ponies in general and wanted the thread's opinions on them.

1. What is Celestia's power level as far as unicorn magic goes? (someone get the joke out of the way) Personally I feel her power is directly related to the sun as all special talent linked magic is and therefore she may not be as powerful as people make her out to be.
    Not sure how canon it is, but this picture
    Spoiler
    Show

says she is "the MOST MAGICAL pony" (capitalization not changed), which is certainly not unreasonable. Also, concerning Dragonshy, I do believe she could have handled the situation herself with ease, but, you know, Friendship Lessons and all that. She can probably handle anything less than superpowered beings like Nightmare Moon and Discord.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-11-08 at 06:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post

Side note, am I the only one that can see Pinkie going into a child's ward in a hospital to sing it to them and just brighten their day?[/SPOILER]

Somewhat related, but kinda sad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was actually a story a little while ago about something like this. A brony was working in a hospital, and shared MLP: FiM with a little girl who had terminal cancer. Pinkie Pie became her favorite character, and he gave her a Pinkie Pie Plushie for her birthday. She loved the little thing, and it eventually helped her get over the fact she was going to die soon. Before that happened though, she wrote the guy a note saying she considered him to be, in essence, her older brother and she gave the plushie back.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-11-08 at 06:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

Hiya folks!

I'm working on a Quotepost, and a lot of it is just old thread drama we're mostly past. So should I drop it, edit out those posts, or just go into it with my usual gusto?

So we have IRC elsewhere, being posted. RP has kinda died out. Art seems limited to Thanqol or it's own thread. And fics never receive the attention they deserve... I know this sounds absurd

But

Is there anything we still talk about that isn't individual episodes or the fandom as a unit?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    I dunno, I can't really pick favorite and least favorite episodes. Maybe I just haven't watched enough, but to be honest I enjoy them all and don't really see a reason to pick favorites.
    I am kind of with you on that one. I haven't seen all the episodes twice, and I don't think I've seen any of them more than thrice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Speaking of pony gaming...

Anypony here play GURPS? I've been wanting to play GURPS for a while, and I always figured it might work well for ponies, being as generic as it is and all. If anypony were to some day run a game of GURPS set in Equestria, I might actually have an excuse to finally make myself familiar with the rules (I've played a bit with creating characters, but not a lot, and never actually played).
    I was actually working on statting out Rarity in GURPS last night, after working on the list of spells that I think would fit in with her talent. Although both need work.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I gotta point out, I never got the whole 'Celestia is a physical god' thing either...I mean she's got a spell to move the sun, which is also her special gift...that's not exactly indicative that she can do OTHER stuff beyond what any generic unicorn could do with their magic.
    Season 2 Episode 5 Spoiler (with some Ep4 for good measure):

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity does take the self-oath "With Celestia as my witness", though that isn't necessarily a religious oath, since one could do that with the ruler as well. I do find the Nightmare Night proceedings vaguely religious, and if Luna is a goddess Celestia probably would be. I personally refer to them as demigods. Yes, this means I believe that dragons are as powerful as demigods.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I guess "Luna" is not an option for apparent reasons.
    Needs sisters first.

(Curious): What pony names would work as names? There's Luna, variants of Celestia (Celeste). Spike's more of a strong nickname (like for Spike Milligan). Anyone else? Big Macintosh?
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-11-08 at 07:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground

More Drawfriend...
    Introducing Doctor Whooves' newest Companion!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

18. - Top - End - #228

So I guess a good way to round it up is: Alicorns may be just naturally more powerful than unicorns. They may have more ability than what their special talent would say. Personally I'm chalking this up to "you live 1000+ years in a (seemingly) unaging body and see how strong you are in X subject".

Do you think there are more 'generic' spells ponies can learn beyond the telekinesis? I'm liking the idea that beyond special-talent related magic there is a 'universal' pool of magic any unicorn can learn. At least by my thought process what's the point of tons of spell books and ponies like Starswirl the bearded creating hundreds of spells if very few ponies could learn them. Could also be used to explain dispelling the Want it, Need it spell. As far as the "spell only I can break" (and I'm just making things up here) maybe magical locks work in the way of having to match certain frequencies of magic to flip the tumblers.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Just read Rainbow Factory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing Special. I'm disappointed that Scootaloo didn't go out in some sort of blaze of glory, maybe taking the entire factory with her. The story could at least try to give us a reason why their parents haven't wrote to the flight school demanding to know where their children are. Overall, I will give this story a 21.

Hiya folks!

I'm working on a Quotepost, and a lot of it is just old thread drama we're mostly past. So should I drop it, edit out those posts, or just go into it with my usual gusto?

So we have IRC elsewhere, being posted. RP has kinda died out. Art seems limited to Thanqol or it's own thread. And fics never receive the attention they deserve... I know this sounds absurd

But

Is there anything we still talk about that isn't individual episodes or the fandom as a unit?
    I agree with your concerns. If this continues for another week, I'd say we need to take some sort of action.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, this means I believe that dragons are as powerful as demigods.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, yeah. At least, for the bigger, older dragons. I thought D&D went over this. Several times.

I mean, they're virtually indestructible.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-11-08 at 07:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Hiya folks!

But

If it's old thread drama I'd recommend dropping it really.

As for what we can talk about... um... maybe we need some sort of group project to work on? Like... maybe a What If scenario where X happened, where X is some big event. Then write it up. That kinda thing.

Man, I'm not good at this.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

I've been trying to make MLP monster classes (Have the Pegasus and Pony/dragon crossbreed so far) but have mostly just been lazing around lately.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    If it's old thread drama I'd recommend dropping it really.

As for what we can talk about... um... maybe we need some sort of group project to work on? Like... maybe a What If scenario where X happened, where X is some big event. Then write it up. That kinda thing.

Man, I'm not good at this.
    A group project does sound like a good idea.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Somewhat related, but kinda sad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was actually a story a little while ago about something like this. A brony was working in a hospital, and shared MLP: FiM with a little girl who had terminal cancer. Pinkie Pie became her favorite character, and he gave her a Pinkie Pie Plushie for her birthday. She loved the little thing, and it eventually helped her get over the fact she was going to die soon. Before that happened though, she wrote the guy a note saying she considered him to be, in essence, her older brother and she gave the plushie back.
    I think you may have combined quotes somehow since what you are responding to is something I said and the Random_Person thing that is linked is something else.

And what you brought up wasn't something I thought of when I asked it but I do remember reading that. I think it was the brush-able thing not a plushie I may have to find it and check though.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the Derpy-Dinky fanon, really.
    I kind of like the adoption route, partially because of this relatively D'aaw free music-reference-pic that someone posted a while back.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ever since I was a young colt
    I've played the silver ball
    From Sohoof down to Foalsom
    I must have played them all
    But I ain't seen nothing like her
    In any amusement hall
    That derpy, cross-eyed mare
    Sure plays a mean pinball

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    In any amusement hall
    Awesome. I'd switch mare for Pony, to keep the rhythm, though.
    Now, to wait for the Cover Version to hit youtube...

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Kudos on the Dollhouse references you've been dropping all this time, by the way.
    (GLOMP)
    I love it when people get my references.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    In any amusement hall

Pinkie'd...yeah..but we need more than the one verse

Needs sisters first.

(Curious): What pony names would work as names? There's Luna, variants of Celestia (Celeste). Spike's more of a strong nickname (like for Spike Milligan). Anyone else? Big Macintosh?
    Octavia(though come a lil later she would probably despise the name)
    Daisy, Lilly, Rose
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-08 at 07:39 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Pinkie'd...yeah..but we need more than the one verse
    Give me time...

(I'm working on it between last-minute review snippets for an exam, although the lyrics are pretty non-specific to begin with, so it's tempting to not change much at all)
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-11-08 at 07:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

A group project, eh? Well, all I can do is brainstorm for story ideas to put on my to-do list.

Although I did have one idea that I liked, but can't really do justice to myself. Essentially, Dash gets hold of a dimensional hopper remote, which takes her to story after story from the Realm of Bad Pony Fanfiction. (Specifically RD related ones)