New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Lord Magtok. It's Lord Magtok," he responds tersely. Normally he wouldn't bat an eye at this sort of thing, but Clegg's done some things he's not so fond of lately, and if we're being absolutely, totally honest here, part of him has always found catgirls really cute. Sure, she's cowering away from Clegg, hiding behind his back like a little girl, but how could you hold that against someone with such an adorable ears and tail?

"I thought menacing pretty girls would be beneath you by now, Clegg. A self-proclaimed leader of AMEN, acting like a schoolyard bully? Are you going to be pulling pigtails next, telling everyone that Harley's got cooties? You do a disservice to your post, Captain."
    Clegg snickers a little big. She's pretty? I can't quite tell anymore. You humans all look the same to me... Except some of you have extra bits. It all looks the same three months after death. A disservice to my post? That's rich coming from someone who abandoned us. And yes. I'm currently the biggest around. And you left us in a time of vicious infighting. For a while I will be the big bully you speak of, until I get them all under my big, bloody, black, boots.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Nora (dressed as She-Hulk) arrives in time to hear the last part of the Magtok/Clegg conversation. She turns to Magtok. "Is this kind of behaviour and talk normal for 'Halloween'?" She's seriously unclear on the concept. Perhaps Clegg's threats are meant to be festive?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground

Monster Mash

Spoiler: Don't Fear the Reaper
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Clegg snickers a little big. She's pretty? I can't quite tell anymore. You humans all look the same to me... Except some of you have extra bits. It all looks the same three months after death. A disservice to my post? That's rich coming from someone who abandoned us. And yes. I'm currently the biggest around. And you left us in a time of vicious infighting. For a while I will be the big bully you speak of, until I get them all under my big, bloody, black, boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Monster Mash - Cael, Clegg, and Mag

Caelynn glares at Clegg.
    W-What the hell is y-your problem?
    She sounds less terrified than before, and extremely angry.

"AMEN decided it didn't need me. I, in turn, decided I didn't need them. Nobody abandoned anybody. And you...no, I could go on, but this is a party, and it wouldn't do to kill the mood explaining every little thing you've done and are doing wrong."

Magtok shakes his head, and turns towards Caelynn, offering an arm if she should want to take it with her own.

"It's fine. He's just a child. He's testing the limits, seeing how much he can say and get away with before security's called. Making a nuisance of himself so he can say he trolled us good if we respond emotionally. He knows he can't actually do a thing in here, he's too afraid of me to try."

Spoiler: Something Something Water and Cats
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    And Magtok's Afraid of Catgirls - Misha n' Reina

"What he said, I'm a nereid. But I'm also studying the biochemistry stuff, since what I can do is tied into that, and the more I read about it and learn, the more ideas I have for applications and the easier it is to control water that way when I'm not just brute forcing it. I'd have never been able to do something like this casually if I hadn't started learning biology." It helps that Riss is very encouraging, and just about the smartest person ever in her opinion.

"Well, if I knew who to talk to I'd definitely be interested in doing some work with it. It'd give me more practice, and keep me occupied while I'm not at home. It's not like I can do anything but make living things and weather stuff with it though, so it's kind of limited." Which is a significant limitation of her abilities. If Magtok wasn't distracted by the horrific gore, he might have had time to notice that the mini-hydro-Magclones were made entirely of flesh, with their chrome halves simply covered in shinier, silvery skin rather than actual robotics. The beach-going clothing that all of the clones were wearing was simpler for her to figure out, making it out of cloned hairs and coloring it to match what actual swim-wear looks like.

She thought the speedo on one of the male versions of Reina looked kind of cute herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Water Sports

Rein in a speedo is dangerous. Since Magtok recorded it all with his nifty eyecamera and is playing it back in slow motion to go over all the little details (a trick he showed me on Reina/Magtok's ice cream date), he must be in serious danger of overheating!

"Oh. You should visit GLoG some time. I hear they have a medlab that regularly teaches that stuff. Advanced doctorates training and all that. Probably get specialized teaching with your abilities. I think. I dunno, never studied it myself." Much.

It must be nice, living in that absurd little fantasy world of yours, Reinholdt. Thinking that Magtok is in any way attracted to you, instead of completely repulsed by the very sight of you and your hideously pink eyes. Your male body is a relic of past apocalypses; you might as well be dressed up like Calublufiok when using it.

"I could ask a writer or two if there's still interest in the market for storms with giant sea monsters inside them. It's work that'd involve a camera shoved all up in your water, though."

GLoG sounds fine too, though. Magtok doesn't particularly mind if Misha hangs out with those people. Both she and them already hate him plenty, meaning there's really nothing left to lose.

Gabbing with Giants

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Where I come from, we half elves have difficulty fitting in sometimes, the humans and elves look as us as bastards. The elves in particular treat us as second class citizens most of the time.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've had a recurring dream, it was the same every time. I was queen of the elves, all the elves, pure, half breeds, even the drow, I united them and we all live in harmony. I sit on my throne, my court discussing important matters, and things are peaceful and harmonious and I lead the elves towards centuries of unity.

The funny thing is, in all the dreams, I was a giant, maybe twice the size I am now, I don't know, maybe it was a childhood thing about how royalty seems larger than life or something, but now I wonder if they weren't some kind of premonition, my subconscious telling me I was destined for something, my Godling blood trying to make itself known.

What do you think?

"I think you have a thing for power, control, glory, and dominance, brought on by cruel and senseless attacks on your self-worth and esteem throughout your childhood. I'm trying to think of a way to express that thought without sounding like I'm trying to seduce you to the dark side or whatever, but I can't really come up with anything."

Goddess-Queen Felandria, Overlord of all Elves. Lofty goals, those, but he can't see her being anywhere near conniving or persuasive enough to achieve that. Maybe she could do it through brutal conquest, but it'd be kinda counter-productive, wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cael, Clegg, Mag, and NORA!

Caelynn does take his arm.
    He really shouldn't do that. He's lucky I haven't slugged him.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm Felandria, sorceress, demigoddess, nascent superhero.

And it's a little of both, actually.

So, how come you're intangible?
    [Monster Mash]

Cyrus quirks an eyebrow.

"Really now, a superhero-to-be? If that's so, you might consider putting a touch more effort into hiding your secret identity. Smart supervillains tend to target loved ones and such, or attempt to take out their opponents when they aren't in costume or expecting it.

That said, I'll be on the lookout for the twelve-foot-plus superheroine prowling the streets in search of crooks."

He chuckles a little at that.

"As for the intangibility, I'm only here in spirit right now. I've been experimenting with an astral projection spell, you see, partially disassociating the soul with the body. If I ever get Prommy's old cloning tank online, I might even be able to swap out bodies with some practice.

More practically, though, I was in need of a costume and figured I could do much better than throwing a bedsheet over myself and calling it a day."

He's actually planning on using that Astral Projection spell for a heist, but he's not going to tell her that right after learning that she's a superhero.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Orc in the Playground

Gabbing with Giants

"I think you have a thing for power, control, glory, and dominance, brought on by cruel and senseless attacks on your self-worth and esteem throughout your childhood. I'm trying to think of a way to express that thought without sounding like I'm trying to seduce you to the dark side or whatever, but I can't really come up with anything."

Goddess-Queen Felandria, Overlord of all Elves. Lofty goals, those, but he can't see her being anywhere near conniving or persuasive enough to achieve that. Maybe she could do it through brutal conquest, but it'd be kinda counter-productive, wouldn't it?
    That's the thing, Mag, I do have a thing for those things, the whole dark side thing is in the back of my mind every single day.

I know how powerful I am, I know how much more powerful I'm going to be and I know how much power can corrupt.

But I absolutely have a thing for power, gods help me, not so much the dominance, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Monster Mash]

Cyrus quirks an eyebrow.

"Really now, a superhero-to-be? If that's so, you might consider putting a touch more effort into hiding your secret identity. Smart supervillains tend to target loved ones and such, or attempt to take out their opponents when they aren't in costume or expecting it.

That said, I'll be on the lookout for the twelve-foot-plus superheroine prowling the streets in search of crooks."

He chuckles a little at that.

"As for the intangibility, I'm only here in spirit right now. I've been experimenting with an astral projection spell, you see, partially disassociating the soul with the body. If I ever get Prommy's old cloning tank online, I might even be able to swap out bodies with some practice.

More practically, though, I was in need of a costume and figured I could do much better than throwing a bedsheet over myself and calling it a day."

He's actually planning on using that Astral Projection spell for a heist, but he's not going to tell her that right after learning that she's a superhero.
    Astral Projection is pretty badass.

Never thought to try it myself, though, I like my body too much to leave it, I guess.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Monster Mash]

The man smiles a bit.

"I can understand that point of view; I'm quite attached to my own body as well, which is why I'm currently keeping it in stasis, somewhere safe where it won't die or anything.

Plus, it's a remote disassociation rather than a tradition cord-based or direct one, so I'm not going to get killed because a random Githyanki walked between here and my home at the wrong time."

He sure does like talking about himself.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Itsy Bitsy Magclone, Water Spout, and a Failed Metaphor

Misha's eyes light up, and her face splits into a gorgeous grin, "You'd do that for me?" Ah! Watch out Magtok there's a giant mass of swirling water and sharks headed your way!

Actually, as Misha leans forward she lets her concentration lapse on the effect so that Magtok isn't hit by a bunch of watery monkeysharklets, but that doesn't mean she isn't going to try to hug the clone and kiss him on the cheek. Looks like he was wrong about her still hating him for the whole "considering her useless during the cave invasion" thing.

"I can do stuff other than sea monsters and storms though. Pretty much anything you need a bunch of extras destroyed in, or fleeing from, or whatever. And thanks for the tip!" She turns to Reina with another smile, but thankfully without a barely-clothed gratitude hug, "I've already got a really great tutor, but maybe after I've learned all I can from him, I'll stop by." Since her tutor is Archimedes, an AI that once ran entire massive city logistics, she's got a ways to go before she exhausts his store of knowledge.

Then she considers something, likely still with her arms loosely looped around the clone, "Hey, if I do stuff for your movies, would that mean I'd be your underling too?" Work for pay in Magcorp seems like a decent thing to her. Riss certainly doesn't complain much. Maybe she can get Riss to make the miniature sets and props that she can't make out of water, or teach her how to operate the equipment to do so.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1449

[Monster Mash]

The idea of something that could render technology inoperable like that was a bit frightening to the muse seeing how much of her was now composed of various items of artifice. Simply having one's brain suddenly stop working was a prospect that was ever so slightly terrifying. "Those sound horrifying! Well now that you've mentioned them, I'll try to stay clear of them.. Though hopefully there aren't so many here. I think I might have heard of that before now if that was the case?" she said, inquiring as to just how common these monsters might be.

The revelation of the heart cores, though, was like putting a laser dot in front of a cat. "...Maybe I could help you with those? I'd need maybe a pair to study and experiment with but I think I might be able to at least find out whatever useful properties they might have in them be it thaumic or technological." Riss said. She was perhaps slightly overstating her skill in the arts arcane but she at least had people she could call on for their professional opinions.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Monster Mash

I'd personally imagine an AI designed for city logistics wouldn't know much about biochemistry, what with their fields being wildly different.
    But I guess when you're an AI you get to be justified in knowing just about anything science related purely on the basis of being an AI.

I don't see why not getting the hug is a thankful thing.
    "Are you working on any particular movie now Magtok?" She asks, wondering if Magtok produces most of the movies at the cinema or perhaps some off-shoot artistic endeavors. Those independent films that make you question whether you watched something incredibly deep or incredibly bad.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1451

Monster Mash

Spoiler: Movie Magic
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Monster Mash

I'd personally imagine an AI designed for city logistics wouldn't know much about biochemistry, what with their fields being wildly different.
    But I guess when you're an AI you get to be justified in knowing just about anything science related purely on the basis of being an AI.

I don't see why not getting the hug is a thankful thing.
    "Are you working on any particular movie now Magtok?" She asks, wondering if Magtok produces most of the movies at the cinema or perhaps some off-shoot artistic endeavors. Those independent films that make you question whether you watched something incredibly deep or incredibly bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Itsy Bitsy Magclone, Water Spout, and a Failed Metaphor

Misha's eyes light up, and her face splits into a gorgeous grin, "You'd do that for me?" Ah! Watch out Magtok there's a giant mass of swirling water and sharks headed your way!

Actually, as Misha leans forward she lets her concentration lapse on the effect so that Magtok isn't hit by a bunch of watery monkeysharklets, but that doesn't mean she isn't going to try to hug the clone and kiss him on the cheek. Looks like he was wrong about her still hating him for the whole "considering her useless during the cave invasion" thing.

"I can do stuff other than sea monsters and storms though. Pretty much anything you need a bunch of extras destroyed in, or fleeing from, or whatever. And thanks for the tip!" She turns to Reina with another smile, but thankfully without a barely-clothed gratitude hug, "I've already got a really great tutor, but maybe after I've learned all I can from him, I'll stop by." Since her tutor is Archimedes, an AI that once ran entire massive city logistics, she's got a ways to go before she exhausts his store of knowledge.

Then she considers something, likely still with her arms loosely looped around the clone, "Hey, if I do stuff for your movies, would that mean I'd be your underling too?" Work for pay in Magcorp seems like a decent thing to her. Riss certainly doesn't complain much. Maybe she can get Riss to make the miniature sets and props that she can't make out of water, or teach her how to operate the equipment to do so.

"This costume isn't waterproof," Judge Deathtok replies, drawing upon the first excuse he can think of to try to squirm away from Misha's grip. Eww, ugh, blech, he has water fairy on him!

"And no, I'd do it for me. As for projects...well, there's always an Agent Chrome film being spat out. I think Barraconda vs. Dinochelus the Space Lobster might be coming up soon, though."

Sure to be one hell of a ridiculous b-movie, given the last two Barraconda films.

Blabbing with Zeus's Beneficiary

Spoiler
    Show
    That's the thing, Mag, I do have a thing for those things, the whole dark side thing is in the back of my mind every single day.

I know how powerful I am, I know how much more powerful I'm going to be and I know how much power can corrupt.

But I absolutely have a thing for power, gods help me, not so much the dominance, though.

The cyborg shrugs, not really sure where to go with this now. She's not really the sort of benevolent, altruistic sort ideal for heroism, caught up as she is in her own quest for power, fame, and respect. She accepted him as her corporate sponsor, after all. On the other hand, though, she already has an evil opposite mucking about being villainous, and two wicked Felandrias in sexy black leather would just confuse the hell out of everyone.

To top it off, he has a vague suspicion she's exactly the sort of villainess who'd wind up turning on him and crushing the cyborg beneath her heel, given the opportunity to do so, no matter how helpful he might've been. Ugh, so confusing! Figuring out what to say or do to benefit himself is hard enough, but doing so while looking like he's helping her? Blugh.

"Fel, I'm a villain. I am, at my core, a supremely selfish, self-absorbed individual. Even so, I'm going to have to insist we talk about something else. Right now, you've turned this conversation towards a path I'm not sure you could handle. I'm seeing all the usual 'join the dark side' arguments dancing around in my head, demanding to be used, and I really don't want to get into that sort of thing. I'm relatively sure I'd know exactly what to say, how to say it, and I can see you going along with what I say just like when we met. You'd probably do a respectable evil laugh and everything, but still, no."

Magtok sighs, and paces towards the other end of the room, hands clasped behind his back. She's probably not going to take 'I could totally sway you to turn to the dark side in a minute' too well, but he didn't see very many other options there.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Orc in the Playground

Blabbing with Zeus's Beneficiary

The cyborg shrugs, not really sure where to go with this now. She's not really the sort of benevolent, altruistic sort ideal for heroism, caught up as she is in her own quest for power, fame, and respect. She accepted him as her corporate sponsor, after all. On the other hand, though, she already has an evil opposite mucking about being villainous, and two wicked Felandrias in sexy black leather would just confuse the hell out of everyone.

To top it off, he has a vague suspicion she's exactly the sort of villainess who'd wind up turning on him and crushing the cyborg beneath her heel, given the opportunity to do so, no matter how helpful he might've been. Ugh, so confusing! Figuring out what to say or do to benefit himself is hard enough, but doing so while looking like he's helping her? Blugh.

"Fel, I'm a villain. I am, at my core, a supremely selfish, self-absorbed individual. Even so, I'm going to have to insist we talk about something else. Right now, you've turned this conversation towards a path I'm not sure you could handle. I'm seeing all the usual 'join the dark side' arguments dancing around in my head, demanding to be used, and I really don't want to get into that sort of thing. I'm relatively sure I'd know exactly what to say, how to say it, and I can see you going along with what I say just like when we met. You'd probably do a respectable evil laugh and everything, but still, no."

Magtok sighs, and paces towards the other end of the room, hands clasped behind his back. She's probably not going to take 'I could totally sway you to turn to the dark side in a minute' too well, but he didn't see very many other options there.
    Felandria smiles and walks over to Magtok, putting a hand on his shoulder.

And right now I think you understand exactly why I'm willing to work with you.

Because you aren't as evil as you think you are.

If you were, you would have immediately decided to try and take my backstory and lead me down a dark path.

But you won't.

Deep down, you want me to be a real hero just as much as I do.

And the fact that you are trying so hard NOT to turn me evil is proof of that.

I know what I am, Magtok, I know what I can do and I want to help people, and you are the best person to do that.

Because, at worst, even if you are evil to your core, then that means the real reason you're helping me is because you want someone to be a worthy adversary.

You want someone to have epic, Multi Issue battles with.

[Monster Mash]

The man smiles a bit.

"I can understand that point of view; I'm quite attached to my own body as well, which is why I'm currently keeping it in stasis, somewhere safe where it won't die or anything.

Plus, it's a remote disassociation rather than a tradition cord-based or direct one, so I'm not going to get killed because a random Githyanki walked between here and my home at the wrong time."

He sure does like talking about himself.
    Yeah, that's definitely something you want to avoid.

Although I'm sure the lack of........ Physical contact is troubling.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-11-09 at 01:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that's definitely something you want to avoid.

Although I'm sure the lack of........ Physical contact is troubling.

[Monster Mash - Drinks Table]

The sorcerer chuckles in response to the latter comment.

"You would be right about that too, I suppose. On the other hand, I'm mostly here to chat and drunkenly meander about until I get bored and leave. The dancing and curtains and such things that require physical contact can wait for another night.

How about your costume? You did mention that you were a superhero-to-be, but I'd imagine that with sorcery and (to some degree) godhood, you'd be aiming a bit differently than the She-Hulk."

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Orc in the Playground

[Monster Mash - Drinks Table]

The sorcerer chuckles in response to the latter comment.

"You would be right about that too, I suppose. On the other hand, I'm mostly here to chat and drunkenly meander about until I get bored and leave. The dancing and curtains and such things that require physical contact can wait for another night.

How about your costume? You did mention that you were a superhero-to-be, but I'd imagine that with sorcery and (to some degree) godhood, you'd be aiming a bit differently than the She-Hulk."
    Well, she's my favorite character, I love the fact that she appreciates her gifts and doesn't brood about how much being a superhero sucks, she loves what she is and wouldn't give it up for anything.

You can't deny who you are, you know?

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Monster Mash - Valente, Astrana, and Angie]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Oh well it can be interesting some days. This city is pretty dang weird." Valente looks at Astrana, and says fondly. "Nothing to actually worry about, though."

"I actually saw the weirdest thing the other day. I was cutting through this one alley, and a sphinx of all things was guarding the way through it. You know, like those lion things with human heads that ask riddles." Astrana's already heard this story, but oh well. Angie hasn't!
    "Really, was it large? What happened?" Angie loves a good story. And sphinxs make for good stories usually. Plus it is a creature Angie actually hasn't meet in her time in the Nexus.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was pretty big. Filled the whole alley." Valente hows his arms out to emphasize his point. "So it decided to ask me a riddle. I was all ready to turn right around and take the long way, but you shoulda heard the kind of riddles it asked. 'What has four legs but can't run?' What made it funnier is that he asked them like they were the most clever riddles that ever existed."

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

It takes Angie a second and a half to get that riddle a grin appearing on her face. "So it was a sphinx that only asked common riddles? Did you get anything from it besides access to your short cut." Angie says refering to how often encounters can lead to loot or even possibly lewt.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, actually I got some money and a few baubles. It was a nice little bonus for that day." He even got a nice tip! "Wasn't it, Astrana?" Valente turns his smiling face on his girlfriend.

Spoiler: OoC Note
    Show
    Before I forget to mention yet again, Valente has a smooth, prehensile tail and ever so slightly pointed teeth. He's not strictly human. Just something I forgot to mention in his initial description.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Before the Mash - Felandria Talk

Felandria smiles and walks over to Magtok, putting a hand on his shoulder.

And right now I think you understand exactly why I'm willing to work with you. Because you aren't as evil as you think you are. If you were, you would have immediately decided to try and take my backstory and lead me down a dark path. But you won't. Deep down, you want me to be a real hero just as much as I do, and the fact that you are trying so hard NOT to turn me evil is proof of that.

I know what I am, Magtok, I know what I can do and I want to help people, and you are the best person to do that. Because, at worst, even if you are evil to your core, then that means the real reason you're helping me is because you want someone to be a worthy adversary.

You want someone to have epic, Multi Issue battles with.
    Magtok doesn't answer right away, confused by her response for a few moments. On a lazy Sunday afternoon, Magtok's fairly confident he could take down a dozen daughters of Zeus before he'd start breaking a sweat. He's also probably completely wrong about that, but that's what you get when you have an ego like his.

"There are no worthy adversaries," he responds simply, with no small amount of despair in his tone. It took a long time to become number one, but what fun is it if there's no one truly qualified to fill that hated nemesis role?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Orc in the Playground

Before the Mash - Felandria Talk

Magtok doesn't answer right away, confused by her response for a few moments. On a lazy Sunday afternoon, Magtok's fairly confident he could take down a dozen daughters of Zeus before he'd start breaking a sweat. He's also probably completely wrong about that, but that's what you get when you have an ego like his.

"There are no worthy adversaries," he responds simply, with no small amount of despair in his tone. It took a long time to become number one, but what fun is it if there's no one truly qualified to fill that hated nemesis role?
    Felandria takes note of the sadness in his voice and changes the subject.

You know what would really help me out?

I need a way to train at maximum size, you know, practice fighting and such, due to the sheer mechanics of being that big.

Any thoughts on that?

21. - Top - End - #1461

Movie Misha

Well, cats and water and whatnot? Alternatively, Reina might know that nereids usually use such close contact and intimacy as an excuse to drown someone by filling their lungs with water, though that's slightly less likely to come up. Misha has been really good about not murdering anyone lately.

"Well, you know how to get a hold of me through Riss or Archie. Hey, to make up for how gross the last show was, how about I do something a bit lighter like... hm." She gives it a few moments thought before jumping in place and clapping, "Ooh, this one was always people's favorite way back when. They came around to my pool just to see it, it was great. Want to see what your babies might look like, if you had them?" That is... a thing she can do, certainly. And I suppose people praying to a spirit of water in ye olden times would certainly use the opportunity to see if they could have healthy children between themselves.

It's also probably more disgusting to Magtok than watching himself get ripped apart by monkeysharks a hundred times over.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Misha Moves

I don't think that cat water thing applies nearly as much as you think it does.

Reina would get stuck first in the posting order to respond to this. Typical.
    ... She is... curious and that might show on her face, but if she oversteps now, Magtok might flip out forever (he has these psychotic issues you see) and ruin everything, from superheroing to Thanksmas dinner.

So Reina opts to... say nothing and look to Magtok for his decision.

Admittedly, it's not a no. It's not a public decrying of anything but that. And that in and of itself might be bad enough.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, she's my favorite character, I love the fact that she appreciates her gifts and doesn't brood about how much being a superhero sucks, she loves what she is and wouldn't give it up for anything.

You can't deny who you are, you know?

[Monster Mash]

Cyrus smiles, nodding in agreement.

"Oh yes, I understand where you're coming from completely. I actually have a drinking game going: Take a shot whenever someone complains about the fact that they're special somehow.

Really, they tend not to appreciate the fortune and occasionally effort that goes into making various sorts of metahumans, mages, and such.

It's especially embarrassing when it's the result of a 'curse' that gives them a bunch of powers. Those are sorry excuses for curses, really."

24. - Top - End - #1464

Felandria Chat

"I can bio-engineer a suitable large giant robot suit, or maybe a giant monster pet thing, if you can promise to be gentle with it. Do you start moving slower at that size, messages and stuff from the brain to the rest of your body taking longer to reach their destination, or is it just magically handwaved as everything being the same, but bigger?"
    A rather important question. If she's forced to move at a sluggish Godzilla-esque pace at those sizes, his giant training bot would have to be designed accordingly.

Mishafilms Ltd.

"I've already had children before," Magtok responds, completely missing the point. Wouldn't what Misha's asking require a second person? I mean, humans don't reproduce asexually like her watery kind probably do, and we've all already seen what kinds of disasters occur when ReinClones have kids, so that's no mystery, either.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Monster Mash]

The idea of something that could render technology inoperable like that was a bit frightening to the muse seeing how much of her was now composed of various items of artifice. Simply having one's brain suddenly stop working was a prospect that was ever so slightly terrifying. "Those sound horrifying! Well now that you've mentioned them, I'll try to stay clear of them.. Though hopefully there aren't so many here. I think I might have heard of that before now if that was the case?" she said, inquiring as to just how common these monsters might be.

The revelation of the heart cores, though, was like putting a laser dot in front of a cat. "...Maybe I could help you with those? I'd need maybe a pair to study and experiment with but I think I might be able to at least find out whatever useful properties they might have in them be it thaumic or technological." Riss said. She was perhaps slightly overstating her skill in the arts arcane but she at least had people she could call on for their professional opinions.

Monster Mash

Aequitus looks at the Heart Cores for a little while, pondering silently before giving a small sigh. "We'd have given an arm and a leg to have the time to analyze one of these back home, but we never had a chance. We'd hoped for a way to reverse the process used to make Cyberdragons, but I don't suppose we'll ever know now." He admits tiredly before removing one of the cores and offering it to his conversation partner. "Even so, do your best to analyze this. I'd forever be in your debt if you did."

26. - Top - End - #1466

[Monster Mash]

Riss produced a small sealable bag from a pocket. It was intended to carry any extra wires on her costume should there be a problem but so far there had hardly been any need to tinker with it. Holding the bag out so that Aequitus could drop it in, she quietly lamented that there was only one to examine. More samples meant more accurate data or at least the ability to draw a better average. Still, it wasn't as if she couldn't at least get general information from it. She's just need to be extra careful.

"Any handling information I should know about with these things?" she asked, her mind already putting together a few ideas on where to start. "Also, you said that you didn't have the time.. Just what is it like if you don't have the opportunity to run tests or something like this?" she inquired. So far, her curiosity was keeping a potential flood of babble at bay although given that this was the MagCave where her main workstation was located, it might just be a matter of time until she would head off to beguin with her testing... In any case, the techno-paladin would probably note her barely surpressed giggling as she kept an eye on Misha's stunt and the aftermath.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Orc in the Playground

[Monster Mash]

Cyrus smiles, nodding in agreement.

"Oh yes, I understand where you're coming from completely. I actually have a drinking game going: Take a shot whenever someone complains about the fact that they're special somehow.

Really, they tend not to appreciate the fortune and occasionally effort that goes into making various sorts of metahumans, mages, and such.

It's especially embarrassing when it's the result of a 'curse' that gives them a bunch of powers. Those are sorry excuses for curses, really."
    I know, I just don't understand why people don't embrace the things that make them who they are.

Felandria finishes off her bottle of wine and grabs another.

Although that's one thing I could do without.

I am not a cheap drunk.

Felandria Chat

"I can bio-engineer a suitable large giant robot suit, or maybe a giant monster pet thing, if you can promise to be gentle with it. Do you start moving slower at that size, messages and stuff from the brain to the rest of your body taking longer to reach their destination, or is it just magically handwaved as everything being the same, but bigger?"
    A rather important question. If she's forced to move at a sluggish Godzilla-esque pace at those sizes, his giant training bot would have to be designed accordingly.
    I'm not sure, honestly, it may just be a matter of perspective.

I certainly don't notice myself being slowed any, I mean I haven't really had a chance to do any training at max size, we'd need a lot of space.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-11-12 at 04:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    It takes Angie a second and a half to get that riddle a grin appearing on her face. "So it was a sphinx that only asked common riddles? Did you get anything from it besides access to your short cut." Angie says refering to how often encounters can lead to loot or even possibly lewt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Yeah, actually I got some money and a few baubles. It was a nice little bonus for that day." He even got a nice tip! "Wasn't it, Astrana?" Valente turns his smiling face on his girlfriend.

Spoiler: OoC Note
    Show
    Before I forget to mention yet again, Valente has a smooth, prehensile tail and ever so slightly pointed teeth. He's not strictly human. Just something I forgot to mention in his initial description.

The tiefling smiles widely and gives Valente a knowing look before turning to Angie. "What my boyfriend is so subtly trying to say is that he bought me jewelry for the money as the hopeless romantic he is." He shouldn't have used the money like that in her opinion. But it's not like she ever could complain of something that beautiful, even if she thinks it was a bit foolish.
    "Do you have someone who gives you things like that?"

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The tiefling smiles widely and gives Valente a knowing look before turning to Angie. "What my boyfriend is so subtly trying to say is that he bought me jewelry for the money as the hopeless romantic he is." He shouldn't have used the money like that in her opinion. But it's not like she ever could complain of something that beautiful, even if she thinks it was a bit foolish.
    "Do you have someone who gives you things like that?"
    Angie thinks back, she has never had anyone buy her jewlery. Getting gifts at all was a rare thing, the last one she got was from the Santa at the mall. "No, not really. I don't tend to wear much jewlery." At the moment she is only wearing a small golden ring with a blue stone on one of her hands. A matching necklace left at home since it really didn't go with her black hole dress. "It certintantly was nice of him to think of you." Angie says thinking Astrana is a lucky girl.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I know, I just don't understand why people don't embrace the things that make them who they are.

Felandria finishes off her bottle of wine and grabs another.

Although that's one thing I could do without.

I am not a cheap drunk.

[Monster Mash]

"Hah! Fair enough, fair enough."

The man's laugh is less of a chuckle now and more of a surprised, sharp intake. It takes him a moment to regain his composure after that, taking a long drink of brandy to cover up the loss of face.

"Though in truth, I don't think that will be a problem for you. You'll find soon enough that fame and fortune alike are quite easy to acquire in this place, at least for those with talent."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-11-12 at 01:00 PM.