New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

I need to get Tony out of prison. I'll be gone for a few days.

Hadrian is interested in building tall towers. He'll probably get upset if Jamie knocks them down.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Brinika slips inside to meet Jamie and Hadrian. She walks over quietly to where the two are playing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [In the Lake => Shore]

A certain little dryad walks out of the shallow water. She forgot to take off her tunic before jumping in, and now it's drenched. She starts to pull it off, but pauses before she gets far. Brinika said people are supposed to wear clothes, and she has absolutely no other clothing aside from this tunic. Now what does she do?

Vasi will likely find Salix wringing out the hem of the tunic with a frown on her face. It isn't working very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lakeshore

"What's wrong, dear?" Vasi asks.
    [Lakeshore]

Salix stops what she's doing to look up at Vasi. "My clothes is all wet, and it feels heavy and annoying. Brinika told me that I have to wear clothes around other people, though, so I can't take it off."

The Woods

Darcy, in disguise as a nymph, is walking though the woods, looking for beargon tracks! She's carrying some gold, in hopes that will attract Koro's attention.
    [The Woods]

As Darcy walks, she can occasionally see large claw gouges waaay up on some of the larger trees. She's definitely on the right track. It takes a bit of time before she sees any sign that he's around in the present. Not until she here's a loud thump of something very large hitting the ground not far away. Should she investigate, she'll find Koro standing in the middle of a clearing, sniffing the air in her direction.

[Wedding]

"Every baby is different just like every person is different. She just happens to be extraordinarily quiet." Lydia says. She doesn't exactly have extensive knowledge of babies, but it seems like common sense to her.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-29 at 02:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Wedding

Reelshka will find Weavemaker seated for a moment, smiling as she sees her mate let go of Paul. She has her hands neatly folded in her lap and when she sees the Gobliness, she nods her head politely. "I hope you're finding this lovely."

Waterstrider's Hut

The Welfen takes a deep breath as he burrows his muzzle into his wife's neck before he sighs happily at her scent. "Just a little more and we'll head back." He promises quietly.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding]

Mhm. But Renetta is really really happy with her, Brinika says. And everyone else here loves her too.

Reelshka, meanwhile, nods back to Weavemaker, smiling widely.
    Oh yes. It's beautiful. And Renetta and Waterstrider are so happy together. Brinika did a very good job with the wedding song, too. And noone would convince Reelshka otherwise.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore

[Lakeshore]

Salix stops what she's doing to look up at Vasi. "My clothes is all wet, and it feels heavy and annoying. Brinika told me that I have to wear clothes around other people, though, so I can't take it off."
    "You're supposed to have more clothes, so you can change into dry clothes. Come with me, I'll see what we can find for you," Vasilisa says.

The Woods

[The Woods]

As Darcy walks, she can occasionally see large claw gouges waaay up on some of the larger trees. She's definitely on the right track. It takes a bit of time before she sees any sign that he's around in the present. Not until she here's a loud thump of something very large hitting the ground not far away. Should she investigate, she'll find Koro standing in the middle of a clearing, sniffing the air in her direction.
    "Hi Koro. Remember me?" Darcy says. Sure, she doesn't look like she did last time they met, but she's hoping he will remember her by scent. After all, she's the one who created a bag for him to wear on his chest to carry his treasure!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Orc in the Playground

Lakeside- Race!

Natalie takes off and flies as fast as she can towards the tree. I'm not sure how fast she is; I'm unfamiliar with the species she has turned into and don't know if Confetti Elementals can fly faster than natural birds. Natalie's probably slightly below average speed for whatever she is; she doesn't practice her bird-shape very often.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

"Oh, I never thought of that." The tunic Salix has now is rather dirty. She's had it for a while and hasn't changed it once. "There's a box in the big cabin where Brinika got me this one." She informs Vasi as she follows along.

[The Woods]

Koro pads over to her and makes bear noises. He sniffs at her, and his nose goes right to where she's holding the gold. More bear noises!

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore >> Main Cabin

"Let's go there and get you several sets of clothes then. Then you can change your clothes when they get dirty or wet. My name is Vasi. What's yours?"
    Vasi asks.

Woods

"I'll give you some gold, Koro, but you need to listen to me first. Can you do that?" Darcy asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn bites her lip. Frowns. Then looks up into Toby's eyes with a serious expression.
    "If I have to resurrect you again, I'll kill you myself," she promises. It's her way of telling him to be careful!

Jamie has mercy on Hadrian and doesn't knock down his towers. She does, however, appear to be constructing seige engines...

===

Rowan Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    "I'm glad you like it." Comes Julie's voice from the kids' room, "I'll just be five minutes or so, at most. Scylla won't wake up to be fed, so it won't take as much time as I thought. Get yourself something to drink if you're thirsty though, don't wait around on my account."
    "Thanks. Anything I should avoid in the cooler?" Patty calls, moving across to inspect what drinks might be available for consumption by thirsty lust priestesses.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Wedding

"She did beautifully."
    "Weavemaker" says with a smile and another nod. "It was surprising she learned as quickly as she did if I'm to be honest."

12. - Top - End - #1032

Rowan Cabin

"The pink and blue bottles of breast milk on the third shelf down, unless you're into that sort of thing." Julie calls back without hesitation. Thankfully, in addition to the aforementioned bottles, there are also cartons of various juices, including apple cider, orange juice, lemonade, and so on. Further down, there are a variety of cans of pop, all generic brands, which Julie uses to mix with the juice for herself. There's also regular milk, and cream for tea and coffee in a little carton.

Next to the Sand

Zaati looks as distressed as a hovering ball of light can be, and zips around up in the air, looking for something.

"Zaati find help. Zaati help Kate find Friend and Friend help. Zaati go!" And Zaati goes! She zips off to the cabins without another word, presumably to find someone who can help Kate. The fairy doesn't really know how houses work, so instead of looking in the windows for people, she starts by looking around on the roofs.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    "The pink and blue bottles of breast milk on the third shelf down, unless you're into that sort of thing." Julie calls back without hesitation. Thankfully, in addition to the aforementioned bottles, there are also cartons of various juices, including apple cider, orange juice, lemonade, and so on. Further down, there are a variety of cans of pop, all generic brands, which Julie uses to mix with the juice for herself. There's also regular milk, and cream for tea and coffee in a little carton.
    "Oh, sometimes I am, but not today," Patty answers with a laugh, as she selects lemonade and takes a taste to see if the sweeness is up to her standards.

((And signing off for a bit on account of storm.))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding]

Brinika is a very talented child. She's going to get far, Reelshka says with pride. I have to admit I'm a bit curious as to how much Pathfinder told you about me or Brinika...

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Dwarf in the Playground

Next to the Sand

"Okay, Zaati! You go do that."

Kate gets up, carefully making sure that she's covered... she could slip through the neck hole of her shirt right now, if she wasn't careful. After a minute of thinking, she uses a bit of fairy magic to make the shirt into a long dress of her current size. This results in her losing another inch (now one foot, 6 inches, if you were curious). The dress is open down the back, letting two very small wings poke out comfortably.

Now this leaves the question of what to do with the rest of the clothes. She quickly comes to the conclusion that she can just put them in her backpack, with all the other things she doesn't want to lose! After a bit of messing with the bag that is currently almost as tall as she is, she sits on the ground to await Zaati's return.

Roofs

Keo is currently on a roof, practicing her stillness. Staying very, very still...

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Waterstrider's Hut

The Welfen takes a deep breath as he burrows his muzzle into his wife's neck before he sighs happily at her scent. "Just a little more and we'll head back." He promises quietly.
    [Waterstrider's Hut]

Renetta nods and gets comfortable. She holds each of his hands in her own and closes her eyes. Hopefully Waterstrider is attentive, because Renetta might just drift off. The days been as tiring as it has been exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wedding]

Mhm. But Renetta is really really happy with her, Brinika says. And everyone else here loves her too.
    [Wedding]

"That's good to hear." Lydia replies. She's glad that Renetta will at least be around people that will care for her, because she knows she can't any more.

It's a shame Lydia doesn't provide the best conversation for a child. At least Flamecrest is being as adorable as ever.

Lakeshore >> Main Cabin

"Let's go there and get you several sets of clothes then. Then you can change your clothes when they get dirty or wet. My name is Vasi. What's yours?"
    Vasi asks.

Woods

"I'll give you some gold, Koro, but you need to listen to me first. Can you do that?" Darcy asks.
    [Main Cabin]

"My name's Salix. Nice to meetcha, Vasi." When they enter the cabin, the last thing she thinks about is that she's dripping water all over the floor. She'll just lead Vasi right to the clothes box if there are no protests.

[Woods]

Bear noises! The beargon tries to nudge where the gold is. Considering his bulk, Darcy may be in danger of being knocked over. It's questionable whether or not he understands.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider's Hut

Waterstrider will hold his bride gently and nuzzle against her neck as soft as possible. He tries to encourage her to sleep without saying anything though. He could always go to get Flamecrest himself and he was sure Renetta needed the rest.

Wedding

"Oh, he didn't have to tell us much of anything."
    "Weavemaker" says with a smirk in her ears and a mischievous tone in her voice.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Vasi makes a mental note to wipe up the water later. "Okay, let's look through here. I think you need at least 4 sets of clothes, so lets pick out some that are your size."

Woods

Darcy jumps back as he starts to nudge her gold, and takes it off her belt. She holds it near her face to get Koro to look at her and tries casting a Speak with Animals spell. It's not one she's cast much before, and she's not very good at it, so it may fizzle completely, or may allow some limited amount of communication. It almost certainly isn't good enough to let her hear his bear noises as actual words.

"Koro, pay attention. Do you remember Ilpholin? Who helped you get the treasure at Watchtower?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1039

Roofs

Oh look, a people! Zaati goes to meet the very still catgirl, by hovering directly in front of her face, chiming brightly in greeting.

Then she starts to get her attention the only way she knows how.

"HEY! Listen! HEY! Listen! HEY! Listen! HEY! Listen!"

You'd be better off listening Keo, because it doesn't look like she's running out of breath any time soon.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roofs

Shiny thing that makes noise?

Keo stays very still, displaying remarkable patience. If Zaati suddenly stops making noise, or seems like he's about to leave, Keo will try to bat him out of the air, and then pounce on him mewing!

She gets to play with a shiny noisy thing! =3

21. - Top - End - #1041

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Lakeside- Race!

Natalie takes off and flies as fast as she can towards the tree. I'm not sure how fast she is; I'm unfamiliar with the species she has turned into and don't know if Confetti Elementals can fly faster than natural birds. Natalie's probably slightly below average speed for whatever she is; she doesn't practice her bird-shape very often.
    Lakeside - Race!
    Well, Rainbow can actually go pretty fast!
    As she does make her own artificial wind.
    So, the wind blows her upwards quite fast!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #1042

Roofs

Keo clearly doesn't know how this works. Fairies do not simply stop making noise, or give up on something they've set their mind to. If Keo won't react to the constant, unending loop of words, then clearly Zaati isn't trying hard enough.

And that's just awful.

"HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen! HEY Listen!"

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roofs

Keo will wait up to four hours.

Not even hyperbole. You wish that you could stand to be in the same room for 4 hours straight, Keo is accepting the challenge of being absolutely still with a fairy squaking at her for four hours straight.

Sometimes, it's hard to believe that she's even alive... but she is. Waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Wait for it.

She isn't human.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Roofs

Fairies have no concept of how much is too much. By the end of Keo's famed four hour patience, the tiny pixie will be expelling nonsense at the top of her lungs, and has been for quite some time now. This is probably a bad thing for people and animals nearby, as the constant yelling is not unlike an alarm, only more high pitched and shrill.

"HEY! LISTEN!"

Aaaand it looks like Kate is going to be left alone for at least four hours, but on the bright side she should be easily able to track Zaati down if she wants to.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-07-29 at 06:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Orc in the Playground

Lakeside- Race!

Then I think the Confetti Elemental wins. Probably by quite a distance, too.

When Natalie does arrive, she'll sit on a branch. And I've just remembered what the bird she was turned into is called: a chickadee. Although I suspect there's several different species or even genera called chickadee.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Lakeside
    Rainbow will sit on a branch herself and go back into her human state and smiles at the chickadee.
    "That was fun!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Orc in the Playground

Tree

Natalie makes a chickadee noise. Having never been to America, I don't know what that noise might be. Hopefully, you do. Unless your geographic position is not the geographic position I thought it was. Natalie makes no sign of changing back, however.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roofs

...aand we put this thing to bed while other people do things.

Beach

After a bit, Kate, having more or less forgotten what she was waiting for, decides she's going to go see Julie. She grabs her backpack and begins to drag it toward the cabins...

...but it'll take her a bit to get there. If anyone wants to talk to the one and a half foot tall girl hauling a backpack, they certainly can.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Tree

Natalie is actually a black capped chickadee, which has a distinctive "Chik-a-dee-dee-dee." call that it gets its name from.

The more you know, right?

Roofs

Yelling happens, but it's repetitive, annoying, boring, and completely unproductive until Keo reacts, so I agree to this being on hold.

Rowan Cabin

The lemonade isn't quite that sweet, as Julie still likes it with its original tartness. Patty is welcome to add some sugar from the cupboard to her glass though.

It takes a while longer than she said it would, but eventually Julie comes back into the room with a new shirt on and a smile on her face.

"So how have you been? Don't leave out any of the juicy details, it's been a dog's age since I saw you last. Sorry about that, by the way."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-07-29 at 07:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Okay!" Salix puuushes open the box with some difficulty, and then starts sorting through it. "Oh, this one looks good!" She pulls out a little dress that actually looks like it'll fit her willowy frame properly. The dress in question is a dark green. It leaves her arms completely bare and reaches a bit past her knees. The skirt is billowy enough that it shouldn't restrict movement too much either.

With a grin on her face, the little dryad pulls off her soggy dress. Urk... maybe Vasi should acquire some proper undergarments for her as well. She sets about pulling the new dress over her head and is soon beaming up at Vasi. "Do you like it?"

[Woods]

Koro makes displeased bear noises. He has no idea what Ilpholin means, but he does remember the other person helping with the treasure. Also, he would very much like if she'd give him the gold right now.

[Waterstrider's Hut]

It looks like Renetta won't be awake for much longer. She slowly drifts off in Waterstrider's arms.