New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: [3.5 Base Class] "I want to live inside a castle built of your agony!"

How can this fall off the front page?
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 Base Class] "I want to live inside a castle built of your agony!"

A spoiler for the Teramach prestige class I'm working on right now. (I mean, as long as the thread's up here, might as well. )

Spoiler
    Show

Eldritch Blaster Shell
    Prerequisite: Eldritch Blast 3d6

This Mythos can be applied to an Eldritch Blast as if it were a Blast Shape Invocation, allowing you to condense the released energy in one clinched fist, and then lob it as an improvised thrown splash weapon with a range increment of 30ft. Despite being improvised, you are always proficient with your Blaster Shells, and do not take a penalty for attacking with them. A direct hit has a base damage equal to your Eldritch Blast damage (don't forget to add your Strength modifier; it's a thrown attack, after all). Splash damage is equal to 1/2 this amount, and allows a Reflex save to negate. Splash damage imparts any Eldritch Essence as normal.

In addition, you can manipulate the density and detonation time of your Blaster Shell to produce one of two extra effects; you can choose which one, or neither, each time you throw one. First, you may have the Shell explode with tremendous force on a direct hit. This functions like a Bull Rush against the target, except that it does not provoke an attack of opportunity, there is no consequence for failing, and you do not need to move with the target or be adjacent to them. Second, you may have the Shell hit with exceptional force, but with a delayed blast. On hit, but before damage, execute a special Bull Rush against the target as described in the first function, but deal the damage and the splash after the Bull Rush has been concluded.

While you are in a Rage, you may conjure and condense eldritch power with enough speed that you may fire multiple Blaster Shells as part of a Full-Attack; one for each attack you would normally get, using the descending attack bonus progression as normal.

In a Rage, for every size category larger than "Large" that you are, the splash damage of your Blaster Shell extends another 5ft.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2013-08-11 at 11:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

...Okuu?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really, really loving this class. I'm going to use it for a 30th Tristalt. On a C+ Dragon. That's fighting bigger monsters. Just to let you know.
    Anyways, Would it be possible to throw out the rough draft of that *Riding an Obyrithic T-rex* Mythos? I seriously had the perfect image for it...
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    I'm really, really loving this class. I'm going to use it for a 30th Tristalt. On a C+ Dragon. That's fighting bigger monsters. Just to let you know.
    Anyways, Would it be possible to throw out the rough draft of that *Riding an Obyrithic T-rex* Mythos? I seriously had the perfect image for it...
    No spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    A spoiler for the Teramach prestige class I'm working on right now. (I mean, as long as the thread's up here, might as well. )

Spoiler
    Show

Eldritch Blaster Shell
    Prerequisite: Eldritch Blast 3d6

This Mythos can be applied to an Eldritch Blast as if it were a Blast Shape Invocation, allowing you to condense the released energy in one clinched fist, and then lob it as an improvised thrown splash weapon with a range increment of 30ft. Despite being improvised, you are always proficient with your Blaster Shells, and do not take a penalty for attacking with them. A direct hit has a base damage equal to your Eldritch Blast damage (don't forget to add your Strength modifier; it's a thrown attack, after all). Splash damage is equal to 1/2 this amount, and allows a Reflex save to negate. Splash damage imparts any Eldritch Essence as normal.

In addition, you can manipulate the density and detonation time of your Blaster Shell to produce one of two extra effects; you can choose which one, or neither, each time you throw one. First, you may have the Shell explode with tremendous force on a direct hit. This functions like a Bull Rush against the target, except that it does not provoke an attack of opportunity, there is no consequence for failing, and you do not need to move with the target or be adjacent to them. Second, you may have the Shell hit with exceptional force, but with a delayed blast. On hit, but before damage, execute a special Bull Rush against the target as described in the first function, but deal the damage and the splash after the Bull Rush has been concluded.

While you are in a Rage, you may conjure and condense eldritch power with enough speed that you may fire multiple Blaster Shells as part of a Full-Attack; one for each attack you would normally get, using the descending attack bonus progression as normal.

In a Rage, for every size category larger than "Large" that you are, the splash damage of your Blaster Shell extends another 5ft.
    ... WAT!? OKAY! OKAY! WARLOCK TERAMACH WHO IS SO POWERFUL THAT HE THROWS ELDRITCH BLAST AT PEOPLE MADE OUT OF HIS RAGE! THIS... THIS IS IMPOSSIBRU! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO INSPIRED!

... This... This is Broly Oh clever, clever Xefas
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

I was at work, and, long story short...

I have a couple more fan Mythos to put up.

In a bit, after I have breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I was at work, and, long story short...

I have a couple more fan Mythos to put up.

In a bit, after I have breakfast.
    Still haven't had breakfast yet?
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Still haven't had breakfast yet?
    He never said which day's breakfast it was.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Leave me alone! I happened to sleep 12+ hours after eating, so...

New Exceptional Mythos

All-Weaponry Murder Savant
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: None

The Monster does not use weapons; they strike with whatever is at hand. However, sometimes it recognizes that some things are better at inflicting injury than others. How can such a thing not move it's... well, heart is too strong a word.

You may consider all Simple melee weapons to be Improvised weapons for the purposes of your class features and Mythos.

Basic
    Superior Weapon Instinct: You gain Weapon Focus for one Martial melee weapon of your choice, and may consider that weapon a Simple weapon for the purposes of this Mythos.

Distance is No Barrier: You may apply the benefits of this Mythos to all Simple weapons, not just melee weapons.

A new Fantastic Mythos.

Lobotomy-Inflicting Motion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Worthless Garbage Imposition

Sometimes, it isn't enough to just take away someone's arm or leg; sometimes, the Monster wishes to tear away a creature's ability to feel, well, anything.

You now have an additional "limb" to choose from when using Hero-Sundering Hands; you may choose to lobotomize your poor victim.

A lobotomized creature is considered to be under the effects of a Calm Emotions spell, except that the effect may only be ended either by an effect that would restore limbs or by the creature becoming a Reaver.

Another Fantastic Mythos

Inexplicable Monstrous Fascination
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisite: Post-Traumatic Brutality Roar

People enjoy fear; fundamentally, deep down, they love to squeel and scream as much as the Monster enjoys killing. Which is quite a lot.

When you use Intimidate to cause another creature to behave Friendly towards you, they gain a Morale bonus to all d20 rolls equal to the enhancement bonus to damage you gain from Primitive Brutality as the very presence of your horrifying self brings them a secret form of enjoyment.

In addition, if the creature you forced to feel Friendly towards you was traumatized through the use of Post-Traumatic Brutality Roar, they are instead considered to be Helpful when determining how they will behave, offering you aid or protection, out of an intrinsic fear of what you are.

Finally, creatures that are traumatized consider you to have rolled the maximum possible duration for their attitude change.

Basic
    Fear-and-Love Equivalency: You gain the Silver TongueOA feat as a bonus feat, and may use Intimidate in place of Diplomacy for the purposes of that feat.

Fear Isn't Stupidity: Creatures traumatized through Post-Traumatic Brutality Roar consider any order to harm you or to steal your property to be equivalent to an order to commit suicide for the purposes of any Compulsion effect.

Advanced
    Terror-Bringing Comment: When you use the Intimidate skill to force another creature to change their attitude towards you, you may take a -10 penalty to your check to make the check as a full-round action.

Thousandfold Vengeance Promise: When you change a creature's behavior towards you through the use of the Intimidate skill, that behavior lasts for 1d6 days after you leave their presence.

So... yeah. The Monster's answer to Dominate Person.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2013-08-13 at 01:59 AM.
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Second one looks like it should just be an Advanced option for WGI, truth be said.

Anyway, here is an idea I had earlier. Exceptional tier.

I CAST MY FIST
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisite: -

Once, the monster saw a man with a book shout and gesticulate and send fire, and hail, and lightning at him. Once, the monster loomed over a man praying to the gods and felt their wrath pouring down on him. Once, the monster met a cackling individual with hellish energies spiraling wildly from his hands towards him. If it even bears mentioning, the monster killed them all and moved on. But he got a trick or two from them.

Your reach increases by 5 feet. Additionally, as a swift action, you may grant yourself the ability to strike any creature within (25ft. + [5ft * Strength mod.]) for one round, you do not threaten this area, you can just punch people in it.

Lastly, you gain Mageslayer (Complete Arcane, pg. 81) as a bonus feat.

Basic
    Dragonblood-Bathed Hands: When you deal damage with an unarmed attack or an attack with an improvised weapon, you may turn that damage into acid, cold, electricity or fire damage. You must chose one energy type upon gaining this mythos, and can acquire the other energy types by buying this basic manifestation additional times.

Ghost-busting Palm: Your unarmed attacks and attacks with improvised weapons are treated as force effects, allowing them to strike incorporeal and ethereal creatures without any miss chance.

Advanced
    Bully Magic Item: You can make Use Magic Device checks untrained, and may use an intimidate check or an attack roll in place of your Use Magic device skill for those checks.

Dragonline Puncturing Strike: As a standard action, you may make an unarmed attack or an attack with an improvised weapon in an area. This area is either a cone with a length equal to your strength score (rounded to the closest increment of five feet) or a line with a length equal to twice your strength score (rounded to the closest increment of five feet). You make a single attack roll against all creatures in the affected area.

Magic Must Defeat Magic Denial: You gain Pierce Magical Concealment and Pierce Magical Protection as bonus feats (Complete Arcane, pgs. 81 and 82).

Metaphysical Brutality: You gain a metamagic feat of your choice as a bonus feat. You may apply the effects of metamagic feats to any attacks that benefit from your Primitive Brutality class feature. To do so, you must take a penalty to your base attack bonus for the modified attack equal to twice the feat's spell level modifier minus two ([2* Spell level mod.] - 2), to a minimum of a -2 penalty. You may not take a penalty to your attack modifier higher than your base attack bonus when doing this. Whenever a metamagic feat would require a caster level, use your teramach level instead.

I had a plan for an Advanced manifestation that gave you Craft Magic Arms and Armor and a craft reserve that must be filled via murder but it just didn't feel right in the end.
    Last edited by Draken; 2013-08-13 at 04:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh. I agree about the second one; the only reason it's separate is because, well...

Eh, I'll just make it an Advanced Manifestation.

And I like I CAST MY FIST, though I think it needs more of a... "I punch you in the face, person who's scrying on me."

As for Monster Crafting, I was thinking that you could go the route of making totems and stuff that people can activate, granting them an Excellency and tossing them into a Rage for a day.

I'm not sure what level you would count them as, though...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

It's more that the idea of a teramach sitting down for a few days to craft something ended up not fitting in much.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh. That's funny.

You think they need to sit down to craft things?

Nope. They punch a guy into a corpse, and keep beating it until it's just a horrible mess of viscera and body-fragments.

Then they roar over the mangled body-thing their hands produced, reach inside of the stinking pile, and remove what they made.

I suggest only allowing weapons to be crafted, or alternatively allow them to wear the skins of things they kill for bonuses.

You know, I'm reminded of the Trophy Collector feat; it lets you craft non-magical items from bits of a creature you killed's corpse.

Each trophy you wear gives you a +2 bonus on Intimidate checks against creatures that share a type with the creature who you extracted the trophy from, and a +1 morale bonus to saves against fear. These bonuses explicitly stack with each-other. You can, once per day, gain a bonus on a will save equal to the number of trophies you are wearing, which stacks with the bonus on saves vs. fear.

The feat itself can only take up the amulet, belt, boots, and cape slots, so you can only ever get up to a +8 to Intimidate and +4 to your saves vs. Fear... But, hey, a Mythos that builds off it would be the bomb.

Just have the Monster pay 100 Mythos points per CR of the creature they killed to let them tear out a trophy that they can wear.

Manifestations and further Mythos can upgrade what trophies let you do.

Badda bing, badda boom.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Possible suggestion concerning the anti-scrying someone mentioned as a Fantastic Mythos:

Monster's Hostile Visage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisite:I CAST MY FIST
    It is all to common for puny men to try and look for the monster from afar, hoping to be able to afford time to either do the stupid thing and prepare to fight, or the futile thing to run. Either way, the Monster has simply adapted to blow through their efforts, making all that attempt such regret it.

You gain Live My Nightmare and Eyes To The Sky as bonus feats. You may use your Strength modifier in place of your charisma when determining Live My Nightmare's DC.

Basic
    Active Fear-mongering:In addition to the normal reactive use of Live My Nightmare, you can spend a move action to use it actively when under conditions that it normally activates. When you do so, you can have the DC to save set by an Intimidate check.

Fierce Diety Form:Any opponent that is closely studying you, such as for an Assassin's Death Strike or a Thayan Gladiator's Study Opponent class feature, is considered to be targeting you with a divination

Advanced
    Simple Perception Impact: Your Live my Nightmare feat is now activated whenever you are in the area of a divination effect or are noticed by a sensor-based divination your Eyes to the Sky lets you see, greatly expanding the range of spells effected. If you would not otherwise be detected by the spell (such as a detect evil spell when you are good), you still fail to show up on it, but your Live My Nightmare still activates.

Punch Through Their Eyes: Whenever you notice a scrying sensor through your Eyes to the Sky feat, you can attack through it to get at the caster on the other side. You attack the sensor as you normally would a creature, however the caster takes the damage instead of the sensor (which probably doesn't have HP anyway).If the sensor is actually a physical object (such as a Prying Eyes spel), you may decide whether to actually attack the object or it's creator through it. For sensors that don't have written stats, use the touch AC of the caster. If the "caster" is an object (such as a crystal ball in use), you are aware of this and may decide whether to attack the object or the person using it (though if the object self-activates, such as an intelligent item, you cannot try and attack it's possessor.)

For being the base of inspiration for all this, Punch Through Their Eyes is fairly wordy.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2015-07-30 at 06:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

We need more support for characters that are angry because of Evil and injustice.

Exceptional Mythos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sympathy-Driven Monster Genesis
    Prerequisite: Good Alignment

The world is full of all sorts of monsters, and everything finds itself prey to one at some point. Evil is quite mistaken if it thinks itself so privileged as to escape the omnipresent violence.

Unlike other monsters, you hate because you care.

You may Detect Evil at will, as the spell. While Detecting Evil and under a Rage Effect, you may restrain yourself from attacking creatures that do not detect as Evil.

Furthermore, you may be as callous and brutal as you like, to creatures that detect as Evil, without risking an alignment change.

Basic
    Gift-Giving Kindness Hand: You may acquire Mythos Points by giving away gold or items to creatures that would benefit from the gift and who do not detect as Evil. The giving must involve refusal of all material compensation, although services rendered in gratitude may be accepted later on. The donated item's value in gold pieces is recouped by you as an equal amount of Mythos Points. Your DM may punch you if you attempt to weasel your way into making purchases with these donations as payment.

Iniquity-Attracting Terror-Beacon: While you are in a Rage, when you successfully Demoralize a creature, you may choose to instill them with even greater fear of your angry justice. They suffer twice the usual penalties for fear effects you cause and must make a will Save each round in order to take hostile action against someone other than you.

Advanced
    YOU'RE THE ONE I SHOULD KILL!: Your Detect Evil ability now reveals to you the source and exact strength of the strongest Evil aura within a number of miles equal to your class level.

I've got some more ideas for anti-Evil Mythos that I'll type up later. How do you guys feel about something called "I WILL DEVOUR YOUR EVIL". Prereq: Indiscriminate Filth-Quaffing Appetite and World-Breaker Grip. It'll let you grab some guy and suck the evil right out of him. You'll get Mythos Points, and if the poor schmuck manages to survive the negative levels, he'll have Neutral Alignment. It'll also have a use for destroying Evil spells, magic items, and Artifacts.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

They still need to be corrupted by the anger.

Though I think Gift-Giving Kindness Hand goes hilariously with Parricidal Epiphany Refrain.

"Hello, friend. Here, have my baby. No seriously, just take my baby; I'm reasonably sure you can take care of her better than I can."

*Ding* Mythos points.

Break up with your boyfriend and orchestrate events so that they start dating someone more deserving of their love? Mythos points.

Give your dog's puppies away to neighborhood children? Mythos points.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

They still need to be corrupted by the anger.
    But Asura was never really corrupted by his anger, and he's basically wrath incarnate.
    If you would watch this for a bit of context and this for a demonstration of the immense fury that followed. He then proceeds to withstand an orbital death beam powered by about 3/4 of 13 trillion souls, and continues rampaging through his enemies even after his power has scalded and charred his body. The between-chapter interludes specifically note that he manages to avoid harming civilians, in spite of the fact that he is THE unkillable berserking rage-monster.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Think about it a second.

What makes you think that the innocents were Good?

Also, Asura's Wrath is actually, I think, a lot lighter in tone than this class. Plus, I've always found abilities that require one alignment or target one alignment to be inelegant.

I mean, here's how I would make your Mythos:

I would remove the Good requirement.

I would change it from Detect Evil to determining whether or not someone has killed something within the last day; you can smell the murder on them, or something.

I would make the callous part (i.e., "your death does not affect my morality") affect anyone who has committed murder.

As for the restraint part, if the person attacking them hasn't killed someone within 24 hours, you can restrain yourself from attacking such an innocent.

Manifestations would involve increasing the span of crimes that are punishable by you (one might include theft, one might include mass destruction of property, one might allow you to sense crimes back further, and there could be an Advanced manifestation where you learn why they committed the crime, which expands who you can restrain yourself against.)

I really think that that's more along the lines of the mojo Asura has going on, along with a Mythos that gives you some bonus when you are doing horrible things in some other person's name (he only slaughters everything because of his beloved daughter.)

Also, I do have to say, the Mythos you posted is pretty loose; only the Advanced manifestation feeds directly into the "avenging monster" theme. Iniquity-Attracting Terror-Beacon really should be its own Mythos, and Gift-Giving Kindness Hand... well, it's weird.

Mythos points represent how close to being the archetypical Monster you are; that's why wrecking things gives you points. Because you are showing that you are a violent monster.

Getting points towards "I AM A VIOLENT MONSTER" through charity just seems... wrong.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

My only issue with that Mythos is that part of it doesn't really work because you can't use spell-like abilities while raging unless they are invocations.

Also, Detect spells rely on concentration to do their thing. The moment you stop concentrating (standard action) you stop detecting things.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually like the murder-sensing variant more. I suppose there could be an Exalted Mythos to devour someone's Wrath or Violence, rendering them incapable of such activities. Basic and Advanced Manifestations would allow you to devour other Mantra Affinities like Greed and Lust.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

All-Weaponry Murder Savant
    If it didn't provide proficiency, but instead gave benefits for using manufactured weapons as improvised weapons, that would be acceptable (and provide for characters like Krieg or Kharn the Betrayer; I was considering a similar Mythos for that purpose). As it is, I don't like it, but there's potential.
    Lobotomy-Inflicting Motion
    I'm not sure what the inspiration for this was, but I don't find it appropriate for the class at all. Although, I'm interested to know where you're coming from.
    Inexplicable Monstrous Fascination
    I like it. It could be probably be improved by a tweak or two, but overall, quite solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I CAST MY FIST
    Again, could probably use a few tweaks, but I like it for the most part (for instance, I'd prefer Dragonblood-Bathed Hands to be more powerful, but actually require you to have the blood of an elemental or magical creature/character on your hands to benefit). The only thing that really jumps out at me as negative is a lack of explanation for what the base effect's "ranged punch" looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Monster's Hostile Visage
    Interesting. Fierce Deity Form seems pretty weak in its specificity; could use some sprucing up. Other than that, cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    Sympathy-Driven Monster Genesis

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR EVIL
    This is perfect material for a Teramach/Paladin prestige class. I could actually see that being super awesome. But, I don't think it's necessarily in theme for the base Teramach.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets do some sprucing up then!

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I CAST MY FIST
    Spoiler
    Show

Once, the monster saw a man with a book shout and gesticulate and send fire, and hail, and lightning at him. Once, the monster loomed over a man praying to the gods and felt their wrath pouring down on him. Once, the monster met a cackling individual with hellish energies spiraling wildly from his hands towards him. If it even bears mentioning, the monster killed them all and moved on. But he got a trick or two from them. He learned that there is magic all around him, power and energy in between him and everything else in the world.

And anything that lies between the monster's hand and everything else in the world can only exist to be grasped and used to hit the later.

Your reach increases by 5 feet. Additionally, as a swift action, you may grant yourself the ability to strike any creature within (25ft. + [5ft * Strength mod.]) for one round, you do not threaten this area, you can just punch people in it.

Lastly, you gain Mageslayer (Complete Arcane, pg. 81) as a bonus feat.

Basic
    Dragonblood-Bathed Hands: When you deal damage with an unarmed attack or an attack with an improvised weapon, you may turn that damage into acid, cold, electricity or fire damage. You must chose one energy type upon gaining this mythos, and can acquire the other energy types by buying this basic manifestation additional times.

Ghost-busting Palm: Your unarmed attacks and attacks with improvised weapons are treated as force effects, allowing them to strike incorporeal and ethereal creatures without any miss chance.

Advanced
    Bully Magic Item: You can make Use Magic Device checks untrained, and may use an intimidate check or an attack roll in place of your Use Magic device skill for those checks.

Dragonline Puncturing Strike: As a standard action, you may make an unarmed attack or an attack with an improvised weapon in an area. This area is either a cone with a length equal to your strength score (rounded to the closest increment of five feet) or a line with a length equal to twice your strength score (rounded to the closest increment of five feet). You make a single attack roll against all creatures in the affected area.

Magic Must Defeat Magic Denial: You gain Pierce Magical Concealment and Pierce Magical Protection as bonus feats (Complete Arcane, pgs. 81 and 82).

Metaphysical Brutality: You gain a metamagic feat of your choice as a bonus feat. You may apply the effects of metamagic feats to any attacks that benefit from your Primitive Brutality class feature. To do so, you must take a penalty to your base attack bonus for the modified attack equal to twice the feat's spell level modifier minus two ([2* Spell level mod.] - 2), to a minimum of a -2 penalty. You may not take a penalty to your attack modifier higher than your base attack bonus when doing this. Whenever a metamagic feat would require a caster level, use your teramach level instead.

I had a plan for an Advanced manifestation that gave you Craft Magic Arms and Armor and a craft reserve that must be filled via murder but it just didn't feel right in the end.
    Added a description, the idea is that you send the force of your punch through the magic of the world.

Dragonblood-Bathed Hands is more of an utility thing, since it is just a basic manifestation and I believe that a reach increaser is plenty powerful without adding damage.

Truly, I CAST MY FIST isn't about increasing damage, it is more about adding utility to your damage.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

All-Weaponry Murder Savant doesn't grant you proficiency.

Lobotomy-Inflicting Motion lobotomizes a creature; people with lobotomies become docile and lose the ability to express really strong emotions.

Plus, you are tearing the fight out of them. I found that funny.

I want to go on record as saying Silver Tongue is scary (pun intended) with traumatized creatures.

Ever wanted to literally frighten someone into loving you? Yeah. That's an option.

It also allows you to make them toady up to another guy. Pretty sweet deal.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

All-Weaponry Murder Savant doesn't grant you proficiency.
    Right, my mistake. But, then I'm confused about what it does. You can already wield pretty much anything, if you're strong enough, as an improvised weapon. For instance, you can just flail with a Greatsword as an 8lb slab of metal, which would make it a one-handed improvised weapon that deals 1d6 damage (going by the rules in Complete Warrior).

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

You can run the Greatsword as an Improvised weapon that deals 2d6 damage. Or use a Knife for the 19-20 base crit range.

It needs rephrasing, but I've got work in about an hour, so I can't put too much effort into fixing it.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, the point of improvised weapons is that you pick something that resembles the weapon you want to improvise and pretend the random junk you picked up is said weapon, at a to-hit penalty.

So, improvising weapons as themselves feels... Hmm...

Roundabout? Sort of missing the point? Kind of silly?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe swapping it to having the improvised weapons inherit any larger crit multiplier or range that an object you are using as an improvised weapon might have?

Manifestations would open up keeping any enhancements it has.

Because, to the Monster, that +1 Flaming Longsword you just picked up is just another hunk of metal, albeit one that's on fire.

Though, looking back, I think the only bit of wording needed to make the Mythos work is to specify that the non-proficiency penalty is considered to be the penalty for using an improvised weapon.

Because the mechanical idea is more along the lines of "I can take a weapon I'm not proficient in, and, as long as I grabbed it this encounter, it is exciting, and new, and I can kill people with it just as good as if I were proficient. If not better."

I.e., it's a straight addition of Simple Weapons to the list of things that any Mythos or class feature that enhances improvised weapons.

One of the ideas was that Dismembering Gorebeast Fury could be applied to, say, a Crossbow (or, in settings where Firearms aren't exotic weapons, a gun.)

Or, alternatively, a punch dagger could get up to a 17-20/x4 crit while not in a rage, or a 15-20/x4 crit while raging.

Because that is how you make claws.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

A, fair. I do suppose that Teramachs have no weapon proficiencies after all, so everything is improvised anyway.

The mythos does amount to "ignore nonproficiency penalties for weapons you find lying around at the moment", in that case.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground

Talking about improvised weapons, they are only proficient with one for the duration of one encounter. I know they can easily find what they need in most fights, but that's not always the case. I suggest a Mythos that allows them to use soil as a weapon.

I didn't find anything similar in the current Mythos.
    Last edited by Network; 2013-08-17 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Sacrosanct Blood-Titan Idol Adoption
    [Exceptional]

When the Gods found the universal Abyss and its titans too great a challenge to conquer on their own, they forged their minions, the first Archons, Angels, Modrons, Guardinals and other sundry forces of stability, that they might march forth and tame the chaos. And, to these creatures, they gave the fires of creation, to unweave the maelstrom and build things of permanence. And what was the first true object ever made? An iron sword; a weapon to kill their demonic foes more effectively. That choice - to use this most wondrous force of law and creation to spread violence - was a gift to the Monster. It was an offering placed at the feet of his blood-soaked altar, and his acceptance of so earnest a tribute became this Mythos.

When you gain proficiency with an improvised weapon via your Primitive Brutality class feature, if that weapon is also a manufactured weapon, you may use its base critical threat range, its range and number of range increments, any additional qualities of the weapon (such as using a Halberd to set against a charge, or trip without being counter-tripped), and any magical enchantments on the weapon (such as Flaming, or Bane).

Basic
    Tribute-Accepting Reversal: You gain Improved Disarm as a bonus feat. Double the base damage of manufactured weapons that you have gained proficiency with via Sacrosanct Blood-Titan Idol Adoption, when used against the enemy that you disarmed the weapon from.

Impromptu Quick-Time Inspiration: Choose one martial Strike-type maneuver of the Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, and Diamond Mind disciplines. Each maneuver's level must be (class level / 2, rounded down) or less, but you may ignore other prerequisites. You may alter your choices after 8 hours of rest. Once per encounter, you may use one of your selected maneuvers, but only with a manufactured weapon that you have gained proficiency with via Sacrosanct Blood-Titan Idol Adoption. Bludgeoning weapons use the Stone Dragon maneuver, Slashing weapons use the Tiger Claw, and Piercing weapons use the Diamond Mind. If a weapon deals multiple kinds of damage, you may choose which applicable maneuver to use.

Curse-Diluting Violence Sincerity: You ignore penalties to your attack, damage, armor class, speed, skill checks, ability checks, and ability scores from Cursed magic items. You always treat Cursed magic weapons that cannot be discarded as having been found during the current encounter for the purposes of Primitive Brutality. You may choose to completely ignore all statistics of Cursed magic armor that cannot be discarded, functioning as if you were not wearing it at all (except that your armor-slot for magical items is still occupied), and retaining your Scarred Flesh bonus. This choice lasts until you are ever eventually rid of the armor. Cursed magic items that alter your alignment do not alter your alignment, but cause you to be detected as the altered alignment by magic that discerns such things, for the same duration.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2013-08-17 at 12:28 PM.