New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I tried to be strong ponythread. I really did.

But I finally broke down and peeked.

S3 Spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My gut instinct is to say that it's fake. That synopsis reads really weird, like it's almost too direct. I can see that being nearly half the episode given away right there. But with only an unverified line from a website to go off of, not much else I can say.

If it's real...hooooo boy will this be an episode and a half, one way or another.
    Achievement Get: Break the Pirate
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    S3 Response
    Spoiler
    Show
    *tongue in cheek
    Well, if it's a two parter, Sleepless in Ponyville sounds like it could be a romance episode.... Twixie!!!!

Shippers gonna Ship!
    Heh, that'd be So Awesome /)^3^(\ But probably not

Personally I'm predicting that episode 6 will be a Rarity episode

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm okay with status quo, so long as they don't just justify it by saying that Twilight had the flu.

On that note, Trixiiiiie! [/fanjoy]

Wait, do we know about episode six yet? Because this sounds like a potential two-parter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, that's really the only way I'd be ok with Trixie Winning a head on match with Twilight. Sorta like how I hated when the changeling queen beat Celestia and just said, "haha, guess I've gotten stronger then I realized."

To me, it should have been that everyone though she'd been under the weather for awhile, and then the changeling queen reveled that she'd been having one of her minions in the kitchen feed her small doses of a potion to zap her strength for awhile now, so that when the confrontation did come she could win.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2012-11-05 at 04:30 PM.
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

I tried to be strong ponythread. I really did.

But I finally broke down and peeked.

Still not peakin'.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, that's really the only way I'd be ok with Trixie Winning a head on match with Twilight. Sorta like how I hated when the changeling queen beat Celestia and just said, "haha, guess I've gotten stronger then I realized."

To me, it should have been that everyone though she'd been under the weather for awhile, and then the changeling queen reveled that she'd been having one of her minions in the kitchen feed her small doses of a potion to zap her strength for awhile now, so that when the confrontation did come she could win.
    Better spoiler that

Also, I agree

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    For Fluttershy to have an Earth Pony parent would also mean she probably was raised by a single parent. Because the implication is that, pre-sonic-rainboom, she'd never really visited the ground/been outside of Cloudsdale.

Which is to say, slightly less likely than having canon confirmation of Orphanjack.
    Slightly less likely? Slightly?

You realize, of course, that apart from Pound Cake and the implications of Thunderlane and Rumble, there has been not one official word about pegasus families? Both of the unicorns in the mane six have parents, and a sibling each; both the earth ponies (assuming Pinkie's story is basically accurate) have siblings, and Pinkie has parents and AJ has plenty of other relatives; but neither Fluttershy nor Rainbow Dash has any family. Indeed, Fluttershy is not observed to be acquainted with any pony outside the mane six, apart from those few like Photo Finish that she meets in the course of an episode. And Rainbow Dash isn't much better off; she's got some notoriety even before MMDW, and seems to be known by the Ponyville weatherstaff, Gilda, and the Cloudsdale Jocks, but that's it. (For reference: Pinkie knows everypony, Rarity's got plenty of high-profile clients, Applejack has family all over the place and is generally amiable and gets named to both SSC catering and head of the WWU plant team, and Twilight is a shut-in but at least has family.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

.//////////////////////////////////////.

*fwoosh*

*is now mostly dead and on fire from acute flustering*
    Quick! Someone fetch Miracle Marex! We can't let Prince Humbluedinck win!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

So who's marathoning pony in anticipation of Saturday?

Eight episodes into season one. Look Before You Sleep is funnier then I remembered.

(Also Tara Strong is also totally doing Batgirl from SBFF... its funny)

9. - Top - End - #1389

I kept seeing this "implication" of Thunderlane and Rumble..... What are you talking about? What's the implication?

edit: never mind, it's implying that pegasus has families. But of course they do.

double edit: great... now I got blood purity in my head, and all I can think about is unicorn deatheaters.
    dustblood and featherblood
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-11-05 at 04:39 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post

You realize, of course, that apart from Pound Cake and the implications of Thunderlane and Rumble, there has been not one official word about pegasus families?
    I think it's clear at this point that Pegasi come from a communal culture that collectively raises their children in a combination of Greco-Roman aesthetics and competitive racing. All pegasi are thrown into a giant cloud pool upon birth, and are jointly cared for by a collection of weather mares and stallions that feed them indirectly via cloud transport. The babies learn independence and are then weened in their schools and separated by merits and talents.

This, of course, challenges the Western capitalist-democratic paradigm and therefore can't be shown on camera.

Yikes, I'm bored in class today.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post

You realize, of course, that apart from Pound Cake and the implications of Thunderlane and Rumble, there has been not one official word about pegasus families? Both of the unicorns in the mane six have parents, and a sibling each; both the earth ponies (assuming Pinkie's story is basically accurate) have siblings, and Pinkie has parents and AJ has plenty of other relatives; but neither Fluttershy nor Rainbow Dash has any family. Indeed, Fluttershy is not observed to be acquainted with any pony outside the mane six, apart from those few like Photo Finish that she meets in the course of an episode. And Rainbow Dash isn't much better off; she's got some notoriety even before MMDW, and seems to be known by the Ponyville weatherstaff, Gilda, and the Cloudsdale Jocks, but that's it. (For reference: Pinkie knows everypony, Rarity's got plenty of high-profile clients, Applejack has family all over the place and is generally amiable and gets named to both SSC catering and head of the WWU plant team, and Twilight is a shut-in but at least has family.)
    Well, what I'm saying is that having a pony confirmed as coming from a single parent family/broken home is pretty much on a similar level of unlikely as them confirming that a main character's parents died. Which is to say to the latter, Faust herself pretty much confirmed that we're unlikely to ever see it confirmed even if we can assume that is the best guess of where Applejack's parents are.

Epileptic Tree Adendum;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, clearly, we'll not meet any pegasus families because The Device at the center of the Rainbow Factory distills pegasus nightmares into rainbows and their entire society is engineered to provide the maximum stress and undermine pegasus confidence and self worth wherever possible. Hence the ruthless focus on competition and physical excellence, the devaluation of family life, the sterile colourless (yet fluffy) archetecture and the subtly encouraged infighting and deriding of other ponies in ones peer-group.

Which is totally my fanon. Not for the show, don't be silly, but for the Rainbow Factory song, sure.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-11-05 at 04:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Better spoiler that

Also, I agree
    The way I see it, when canon contradicts fanon, fanon must be changed. So if a hyped up changeling shouldn't be able to beat a sun goddess, but did, then maybe the answer is that she wasn't facing a sun goddess.

Hmmm... Marathon of Pony, potentially dragging in roommates? *goes off to plot*
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

What's that ponythread? Is that the sound of your precious fanon shattering under the weight of Season 3 spoilers?

Was there ever any doubt?
    *long string of profanity and incoherant noises*
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, wait, will not rage. Clearly Twilight, who is awesome, could never be bested by Trixie, who is not. There is some trick or cheat to this.

The "banished from Ponyville" bit seems weird though. Perhaps they made a bet? Doesn't seem like Twilight would agree to that though.

Although I did see a gif of Michelle Creber dancing the Gunam style horse step.
    Sharing is caring, Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well I will say if nothing else:

Spoiler
    Show
    ...at least its not poor repentant Trixie seeks to make friends/ammends.

By this anyways.
    Hear hear!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's one bit of fanon I could do without.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

The way I see it, when canon contradicts fanon, fanon must be changed. So if a hyped up changeling shouldn't be able to beat a sun goddess, but did, then maybe the answer is that she wasn't facing a sun goddess.
    Oh, it's more a matter of how she beat her. Just plain overpowering Celestia in a magic beam war was pretty disappointing, made worse by the rather boring explanation of "Chrysalis was super-charged on the Power of Love, which as every kid knows conquers All!"

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoild for image size, not spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still not peakin'.
    Neither am I.

So thank you all for maintaining the carefully labelled spoiler boxes. Easiset page of ponythread to skip over read through in a long time XD

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Sharing is caring, Kai.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

Something awesome for the non-spoiler crowd:
    Spoiler
    Show

And something so cute it will shred your internal organs into bits (also non-spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT @ Kairaven: Hahaha! Awesome!
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-11-05 at 04:43 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, there's the EQLA coverage starting to flow out. Interesting news that Mandopony has joined the show's music staff.

I completely agree, but you're going the wrong way. Obviously, she was fighting a sun goddess and the power of love was just so pure from Shining Armor that it gave Chrysalis the power to overcome anything at that moment. He subsequent lack of doing anything about the fact that Twilight is freeing anyone is because she actually used up 99.9% of her power to beat Celestia there and was just bluffing the rest of the way.

What's that counterargument? La la la, I can't hear you!

Spoiler
    Show
    No, wait, will not rage. Clearly Twilight, who is awesome, could never be bested by Trixie, who is not. There is some trick or cheat to this.

The "banished from Ponyville" bit seems weird though. Perhaps they made a bet? Doesn't seem like Twilight would agree to that though.
    S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I mentioned above, I think that the premise being presented is the first half of the episode only. Trixie gets in, she engages in a big duel with Twilight Sparkle, knowing that she's holding some kind of special trump card and takes Twilight by surprise. Twilight then spends the episode figuring out how she lost, going through her banishment, and learning new powers. She comes back and beats Trixie, status quo restored.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

19. - Top - End - #1399

Something awesome for the non-spoiler crowd:
    Spoiler
    Show

And something so cute it will shred your internal organs into bits (also non-spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT @ Kairaven: Hahaha! Awesome!
    So. Much. WANT.

That looks a lot like the work of the guy who made the Traveling Pony Museum's guard pegasus. Which inspires a similar amount of want in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Ah, there's the EQLA coverage starting to flow out. Interesting news that Mandopony has joined the show's music staff.

I completely agree, but you're going the wrong way. Obviously, she was fighting a sun goddess and the power of love was just so pure from Shining Armor that it gave Chrysalis the power to overcome anything at that moment. He subsequent lack of doing anything about the fact that Twilight is freeing anyone is because she actually used up 99.9% of her power to beat Celestia there and was just bluffing the rest of the way.

What's that counterargument? La la la, I can't hear you!

S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I mentioned above, I think that the premise being presented is the first half of the episode only. Trixie gets in, she engages in a big duel with Twilight Sparkle, knowing that she's holding some kind of special trump card and takes Twilight by surprise. Twilight then spends the episode figuring out how she lost, going through her banishment, and learning new powers. She comes back and beats Trixie, status quo restored.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still curious as to why Trixie has the power to banish Twilight. And all of this seems like too much to happen in one episode.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Spamalot in the Playground

If there's a hilariously fragile type of fighter perhaps? I could totally see a valiant, red-shirted squadron of Thanqols in leather bomber-jackets and goggles.
    Oh! Okay I get it now... I have just the design for this!!

Conspiracy!!!!
    I'm reminded of all the crazy easter-egg hunts the project team of Portal 2 did for their fanbase in the months before release of that game.

What's that ponythread? Is that the sound of your precious fanon shattering under the weight of Season 3 spoilers?
    No, that was the sound of the shift bell ringing. I get to go home now. Laters!

.//////////////////////////////////////.

*fwoosh*

*is now mostly dead and on fire from acute flustering*
    Sweet! Smores on the house!!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, it's more a matter of how she beat her. Just plain overpowering Celestia in a magic beam war was pretty disappointing, made worse by the rather boring explanation of "Chrysalis was super-charged on the Power of Love, which as every kid knows conquers All!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, and it wasn't even that it was a boring explanation, it was an explanation that didn't fit. If power of Love Conquers all, Celestia as a loving ruler and teacher should have been able to at least match her. And the whole way the changelings operate lends itself far better too what I suggested as opposed to "Surprise, I'm on psuedo steroids."

Lazy Boring fits more with "Oh, well, Celestia just didn't attack with full power and was caught off guard by how powerful the changelings counter attack was."

S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so, the only way I buy this is if it turns out she cheated or got some serious outside help that was well concealed from Twilight right before hand. discord or the changeling queen or a new villain giving her a super charge works. Or a new badguy.

As for the bet, there gonna have to have giving Trixie quite the Bargaining chip to get Twilight to agree to those terms.

Pics
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want them!!!!
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

So I have a problem.

My brother, who first introduced me to MLP but was never as fervent about it as I was, says that he's starting to be turned off of the show. The way he says it is that he likes the show but dislikes the fandom, at least somewhat (for example he not one of those that dislikes the Derpy Hooves phenomenon, but he doesn't read any fanfiction, pony music or anything that really goes beyond the show itself.)

I don't have any problem with not liking the fan fiction or music (though I do have to watch myself sometimes since he has almost zero interest in the fic I just read no matter how amazing I think it is.) but now he's reluctant to even talk about the show, and has exspressed doubts about whether he's going to watch season 3.

I really hope that the summer pony drought is the reason he's gotten lukewarm towards the show and once the season starts up he'll be fine, but I worry that I'm really the problem for him. When I last asked him about his problem with the fandom, I just felt that he was more annoyed at me then bronies and was just using me as an example of bronies as a whole.
    I also wonder if he's trying to distance himself from me. He's always been the more extroverted and more concerned about his image, so I just wonder if he's just trying to follow the crowd by distancing himself from the show.

Lately I've been avoiding talking about the show, (no easy feat with the new season so close) but he still seems almost hostile towards the whole thing. Recently I was making a comment on how many pony avatars there were on the forum he was on and he was a little frosty when he said it was hard to avoid the fandom. I thought this was a little unfair considering the topic wasn't at all ponyrelated but I didn't say anything.

What do you guys think? I don't really see myself as incredibly fanatic about MLP (I don't go to conventions, write fanfiction, or even own anything pony-related) and I enjoy talking to him about the show, and I hate to think that I turned someone off of ponies with my behavior.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

23. - Top - End - #1403

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    So I have a problem.<snip>
    I don't think it's anything that you've done. Probably it's just pressure from his friends.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-05 at 05:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Spoiler
    Show
    So that's what it feels like.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

25. - Top - End - #1405

I kept seeing this "implication" of Thunderlane and Rumble..... What are you talking about? What's the implication?

edit: never mind, it's implying that pegasus has families. But of course they do.

double edit: great... now I got blood purity in my head, and all I can think about is unicorn deatheaters.
    dustblood and featherblood
    Doomblood, Snakeblood....

Mudblood.
    Well, what I'm saying is that having a pony confirmed as coming from a single parent family/broken home is pretty much on a similar level of unlikely as them confirming that a main character's parents died. Which is to say to the latter, Faust herself pretty much confirmed that we're unlikely to ever see it confirmed even if we can assume that is the best guess of where Applejack's parents are.

Epileptic Tree Adendum;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, clearly, we'll not meet any pegasus families because The Device at the center of the Rainbow Factory distills pegasus nightmares into rainbows and their entire society is engineered to provide the maximum stress and undermine pegasus confidence and self worth wherever possible. Hence the ruthless focus on competition and physical excellence, the devaluation of family life, the sterile colourless (yet fluffy) archetecture and the subtly encouraged infighting and deriding of other ponies in ones peer-group.

Which is totally my fanon. Not for the show, don't be silly, but for the Rainbow Factory song, sure.
    Naw, silly,
    Spoiler
    Show
    True pegusi children are created by putting rainbows under extreme pressure. The defunct ones are dropped in Ponyville, like Scootaloo and Roid Rage, and they do yearly tests to make sure that the artificial pegusi are not breaking down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Eww. Dash, Twilight and Rarity deserve better.
    Hey, Sakura and Ino are cool!

(Although I could be persuaded to Rariten and possibly Derpino.)

But I think Chospike or Spikura are better, since each is sort of the franchise whipping ninja (the former the fanon one, the latter fanon and early series canon (come on, first few arc Sakura is pretty hopeless...!))

Also, expanding on my idea of Sparsuke, the hilarious backstory is she wants revenge on her older brother (Shintachi) for murdering her family, except that it was just a Nightmare Night prank that Sparsuke totally took the wrong way.

"I want revenge on a certain stallion... He killed my parents..."

"No dear, we're over here. We keep telling you we're fine!"

"He killed my parents! And he fled the village and disappeared!"

"He's just out on a long-term mission with his partner, that nice Cadsame, doing undercover work, darling. You really are just overreacting again!"

Also, Kadashi-sensei is just so ludicrously apt I just can't quite fathom it. Share-ingarn Kadashi, the Copy Pony Ninja. Hip and 20% cooler, the loyalty thing, and with ridiculous speed and awesome lightning powers!

Tell me that's not just stupidly awesome, and I'll call you a liar!

You guys realise this is going to just keep getting sillier and silier as he gets more idea, right? You do remember the Northern Spy fiasco, don't you? Stop giving him ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Neither am I.

So thank you all for maintaining the carefully labelled spoiler boxes. Easiset page of ponythread to skip over read through in a long time XD
    Likewise.

So you're saying that Power of Love isn't the second most powerful force1 in the universe? And, at that, in a universe where Friendship is an actual, tangible magical force? ('Cos if it ain't true in Equestria , it ain't gonna be true anywhere.)

Really?

Excellent!

Because if that's true, that's a massive, massive hurdle out of our way, and one of the most vaunted weapons of good reduced to nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Victory cannot fail to belong to Evil! Huzzah!

1The most powerful is, of course, sheer-bloody-minded, determined contrariness, as I well know.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-05 at 06:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    You guys realise this is going to just keep getting sillier and silier as he gets more idea, right? You do remember the Northern Spy fiasco, don't you? Stop giving him ideas!
    I do not.
    Perhaps someone should recap?

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Sliiiiiding in the New Thread Title discussion, once again, "My Little Pony #, your fannon will ruin season 3!"
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Awwww! Ow, my internal organs.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So you're saying that Power of Love isn't the second most powerful force1 in the universe? And, at that, in a universe where Friendship is an actual, tangible magical force? ('Cos if it ain't true in Equestria , it ain't gonna be true anywhere.)

Really?

Excellent!

Because if that's true, that's a massive, massive hurdle out of our way, and one of the most vaunted weapons of good reduced to nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Victory cannot fail to belong to Evil! Huzzah!

1The most powerful is, of course, sheer-bloody-minded, determined contrariness, as I well know.
    Actually, I'd say that (aside from your little note there) that Friendship, not Love, is the most powerful force in the ponyverse. At least, the most powerful known force. The very first episode establishes this, when it says that Celestia harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponykind.

So unless ponykind doesn't know about the power of love, or you want to consider love a part of the power of friendship, friendship is indeed more powerful than love. I like that, I like that friendship beats love, in the sense that love is a sort of very specific, limited force, perhaps only useful or available in very special circumstances, while friendship is universal.

There's also the possible friendship lesson about not letting love take over and make you neglect your friends, or the lesson about love for all above love for one which is sort of the same lesson, I suppose, depending on the exact context. Love could be a powerful force, but also one that might be twisted to something harmful.

So, in conclusion, Friendship > Love.