New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    *I would suggest reading it, but droping it if it gets too dark to the point it crosses the line and becomes funny. I am still reading it, if only in hope for some pay off from hours put into reading it.
    What is it, gamblers dilemma? Sunk cost fallacy?

Either way. You're not honoring the sacrifice of those heroic hours who died in service. You're a chump who feels
    Obligated to continue. Break free of the mind control!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ehh I don't quite get ponies and any sort of tech so I'd rather she fly.

(Needs. To. Be. An. Episode!)
    Yeah. Ponies and actual factual "technology will make our lives better" just doesn't jive, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Barely one page in twenty four hours? Okay, who's been eating ponythreaders?
    I'm arranging my affairs! Im entitled to non-pony stuff every now and then! Don't judge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    (And no, Chrome, when I type "cephalopods" I don't mean "hydrocephalus".)
    Finally! A pony who understands!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Also, tonight I just entered one of my most surreal new hobbies: Random Anime Watching. I grab something off shippuuden and watch it without knowing anything about what I'm getting myself into.

I was rewarded with this image, of a giant robot causing a sonic rainboom after decapitating an evil catholic robot while two girls kissed.

Spoiler
    Show

This was the first episode.
    Heh. Chryssie is totally doing this right now in oneiromachy with one of the Fae. The surprise twist is that she is the catholic robot!

Why do they all have scarves?

Not that I have anything against scarves, you understand. But I would certainly expect the Tetris environment to be climate-controlled, which removes at least a third of the reasons for wearing a scarf.
    Russia is totes climate controlled. And the thermostat is in the hands of Jack Frost.

Somebody say something about favourite ships?

Well, I always have soft spot the the Liche's Wrath superdreadnought; but there's a certain appeal to the good old Delta /Assimilator heavy cruiser as well... And heck, the Imperial1 Star Destroyer is always good... Andromeda Ascendant, too.

What?
    I've always liked gunboats. Their cost is low enough that it's actually more expensive to build a new factory than it is to have that factory run at full capacity for a decade. Hel, you have to stop your weapons tech from advancing halfway through or you won't be able to build ordinance small enough to equip them with! And it's not like space fights are linear, no. Ship power is quadratic, and there comes a point where no amount of gunboats can come anywhere close to touching an enemy dreadnought.

But when you've been building gunboats nonstop from day 1, your numerical power scale quickly gets high enough that the computer cannot generate matches for you, because the disparity is so large. So. Very. Large.

Completely unrelated, but I just need to vent; Marvel have clearly lost their minds completely - not content with vampirising Jubilee, and then writing her out again because they're either so stupid they can't think of a use for her (and won't let the writers that aren't loose with her) or they're trying to use her as a marketing gimmick (use her to bring in people to a comic, then take her away so they can do it again later) - they are actually cancelling Wolverine. I... don't even...

*skulldesk*

Well, MLP comic is coming along. One would hope it's not rubbish, because if it is there is a significant chance that the Regeneration One Transformers comic may end up being the last one I'll be getting. And while there is a certain symmetry to having my comic-collecting days bookended by the Transformers Generation One storyline, it's a bit depressing, nontheless.

1Strictly Imperator, of course.
    I feel bad that you've been subjected to these things. I can ship you some paladins if you'd like? They would all get within con drain range, you could just sit there and chortle. It would be like a massage! A massage to the soothing sounds of human screams and searing flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I would assume something like this is happening:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That looks dirty for some reason o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strangely not out of character!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Wow, she must have done something seriously bad for the mass-murdering space lich to condemn her.
    On the contrary. Alignment as such being an objective thing, or at least less than personally subjective, evils is completely capable of calling out evil. Anything below a certain goodness threshold is evil, no matter how much closer to the good line than you it is.

This is why people still shake their heads at Boffenspark. Poor pony.

So, uh... in this metaphor, Fluttershy is Scar?
    Fund it.

It seems to be that whenever pony cosplay crosses into trying to actually look like a pony it goes terribly terribly wrong.*

Ponies are either to be fully anthropomorphized or not at all.
    Mostly agree. That dancin' Derpy was totes hot though.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    BraeMac, huh? I had that thought once. Then I remembered that they are cousins.
    Split em up then. More Braeburn for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    While she really isn't pulling that off, love and tolerate.
    Yeah. I know the Internet is where anything which diverges from the "norm" is scoured with caustic sand, but really guys? Oh no, oh no, my eyes? Come on.

Eh. I could go through and give a scientific rationale for why it still bothers me, but it boils down to "Incest is one of those things I'm not ok with." It's not as bad as if they were brothers, so I won't condemn people for liking it, but it makes me uncomfortable.
    But isn't incest specifically a breeding thing?
    I'll stop there though, I don't want to cross my threads or make you uncomfortable.

I don't even NEED to use powers on this fandom.
    Of course not. This fandom has Braeburn.

Spoiler
    Show
    That giggle was actually the sexiest part of that episode. Lix posting a hot Changeling!CelestiaxChrysallis pic right after sealed the deal. The only sound I've found as enticing in any media is Shakira's "aroo~" in Shewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    If there's one thing ponies have done to me it's that now I look at flowers and wonder how it would taste and how to prepare it.

Like Kindablue's avatar.... I am thinking lightly floured and quick fried.
    Nah, Bloo needs to be candied lightly with some razzberry syrup (but not any coloring!), set so the crystalizing sugar remains clear, and adorned with a blueberry 'spider'.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Braeburn has a snake
    I began to read this as a kinetic at this point.

Octavia has an iguana
    This didn't help.

Luna has an Ursa Major
    And then the giggles began.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    This is my new favorite OC pony picture:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hot damn, yes! It captures earthing perfectly! Attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i believe we went through a thread in ONE DAY twice...season premeire and Luna Eclipsed
    Twice. There was that thing with the guy that we don't speak of.

Perhaps "struggling" is a slight exaggeration, given that a number of the townsfolk appear to be engaging in leisure-ish activities, but if the whole community is relying on the results of a single-crop harvest to survive I wouldn't call it "thriving".

And considering how often Braeburn's been seen in Ponyville so far...
    So Ponyville isn't thriving? It requires a good apple harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    This is Ponythread. The most orderly and organised it's ever been was during the reign of terror party hour*, on account of deliberate rule of anarchy was a step up.*

I'm not sure anyone has the authority to revoke privileges.*

*There was even a list of rules. No one paid any attention to them, but that's hardly the point.
    Not true! Thanqol gently chided several ponies for ignoring the rules! That's as good as punishment right there.

I was musing earlier about trying to hash together some kind of Ponythread: Manual of the Planes kind of thing. It strikes me that there are not only clearly several continuities/planes in ponythread, but arguably a couple of major groupings.*

Essentially, you've got the Dark side, those planes/shards that tend to involve more warfare, morally dubious scienceponies, Undeath and Demons, and on the other hand a collection of ponies and their respective shards that tend to more closely resemble show canon/Ponyverse Prime.*

I had the idea of putting something together, plotting out some simple relationships between them and maybe some of the other major fictions, maybe even something remotely pictoral.*

But then that would all take a fair bit of time and effort and I don't have the time to even start, as I should already have turned in for the day. Perhaps, if I still care tomorrow evening, I just might give it some more thought.*

There is a risk associated with ambitious ideas late at night.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    YES!

Oh Hahahahaha! I will Pay you for doing this...

That...would take longer and be less likely not to be abandoned half way.*

It would be glorious, after a fashion, in the extremely unlikely result of it happening and not being abandoned amidst feelings of overwhelming shame and/or frustration and rage.

edit - To clarify, not in the sense of putting together any kind of Rp handbook.*
    Though I wouldn't discourage someone else from doing that. Also, I like the idea of Maskie being a deity choice for such a game, long as it's made clear that she is either a powerful diety of falsehoods, a normal (dishonest) Pony with a temporary tattoo addiction or two squirrels on a witches broomstick with an old blanket draped over the top.
    Ah, nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Oh...

My...

Ever...

Loving...

God...

Ya'll told me, too. Ya'll told me I'd figure it out.

And I did.
    And what did you figure out, young'n?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    You're going to have to narrow it down a little, we have something of a surplus of horrifying revelations around here.
    Wow. This is some signature material right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, Mists of Pandaria is out, and fortunately for me I don't mod those forums. *I do issue a challenge to anyone that plays. *Find the MLP references. *I know there's one: a Pandaren with pink clothes that is an obvious nod to Pinkie Pie. I can't remember the rest.

On the next thread name, I'm not a fan of SNL, so I'm not voting, but I figure it will win.
    Then vote for LIV:E long and Pony!

Leonard Nemoy is totes cooler than SNL.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

NO ONE'S EATING MY NEW FACE
    Um...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...sorry?

And throw one more vote in for My Little Pony LIV:E Long And Pony.
    Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2012-09-25 at 04:30 AM.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I thought the vote was going to be a closer run contest, but I think I'm mistaken.

Starting from page 45, votes currently stand at

LIV:E Long and Prosper - 6 votes
    LIV:E From Manehatten, It's Saturday Night - 11 votes
    LIV:E And Uncut - 2 votes (who also voted for SNL)
    "What is INoKnowNames talking about?" - 7 votes

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Well, I thought the vote was going to be a closer run contest, but I think I'm mistaken.

Clearly we have a winner.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-09-25 at 06:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So Ponyville isn't thriving? It requires a good apple harvest.
    Indeed? We know the Apple family needs a good apple harvest. We know the rest of Ponyville likes their apples. But I don't recall a single indication that the town itself will either fail or starve if there's some kind of apple blight. We know, if absolutely nothing else, that there is at least one other significant farming pony/family in the near area, and that there are other crops being grown.

"Apples, carrots, celery stalks,
    Colorful flowers, too!
    "

And also the corn AJ was attempting to work with in 2x01, milk, meta-canonical truffles, likely some variety of wheat... Point is, I see no reason to believe that Ponyville would be devastated if any one thing didn't happen; whereas Aaaaappleoosa "[needs] that grub to live on"; specifically the "first harvest" from the orchard, which "should be any day now".

Edit: Oh, right. Put me down for LIV: E Long and Pony.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-09-25 at 06:16 AM.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Spamalot in the Playground

That is a lot of NO.
    And it is still not enough...
    "Aotrs Bond in... The No is Not Enough"

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    Well that's getting my hopes up. Hopefully it's not too far off now...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Edit: It appears that nopony has posted this filly Twilight comic, which includes cookies. Please ready your internal organs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahhaha, I know how dad feels. My daughter is learning the ways of the filly Twi puppy eyes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, Bloo needs to be candied lightly with some razzberry syrup (but not any coloring!), set so the crystalizing sugar remains clear, and adorned with a blueberry 'spider.'
    >:I
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Um...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...sorry?
    >:I

(Also that's adorable)
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "The name's Bond... Bleakbond."

Anyway, awesome custom Chrysalis: (Bigger picture at the source)
    Spoiler
    Show

And just ponies
    Spoiler
    Show

And put me down for LIV:E Long and Pony
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Throwing down another vote for LIV: E Long And Pony. Also wondering what INoKnowNames is talking about.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I kind of like the idea of being a deity.

Thus the morally dubious meddling with your own genetic code?

Okay, so I haven't gotten the alicorn DNA yet. I have yet to locate Celestia again. If you're reading this, Princess, knight takes bishop e5, discovered check.
    You know, if you really want to become an alicorn that badly, I have a mostly perfected retrovirus that should do the trick.
    Is this the same retrovirus you were testing on all those cultist's? The one that continually mutated them into horrible abominations?
    Yes, what's your point?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Of course not. This fandom has Braeburn.
    (siiigh)
    Braeburn... ♥

That giggle was actually the sexiest part of that episode. Lix posting a hot Changeling!CelestiaxChrysallis pic right after sealed the deal. The only sound I've found as enticing in any media is Shakira's "aroo~" in Shewolf.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm helping.

Then vote for LIV:E long and Pony!

Leonard Nemoy is totes cooler than SNL.
    Eyup. Seconded.

So what you mean is, Bleakbo-

"The name's Bond... Bleakbond."
    Darn it diego.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-09-25 at 09:48 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    On the next thread name, I'm not a fan of SNL, so I'm not voting, but I figure it will win.
    LIV:E Long and Pony is giving it a good run for its money, so it's hardly the only choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm helping.

Lixie does this mean I can blame you for all of those Mane 6 member becomes changling fics?

Also sure I'll vote for LIV:E Long and Pony
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Spamalot in the Playground

Anyway, awesome custom Chrysalis: (Bigger picture at the source)
    She apparently also comes in cute cuddly form:
    Spoiler
    Show

Holes included!

I'd love one of those... except the love part, which would just feed the plush until she becomes more powerful than my daughter's Celestia figure and then lego-cardboard Canterlot falls... >_>

You know, a "Toy Story" style fanfic would be interesting with MLP merch.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-09-25 at 11:11 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Lixie does this mean I can thank you for all of those Mane 6 member becomes changling fics?
    Yes.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.
    You misunderstand. I rather dislike those fics and they've saturated FIMfiction lately.

I suppose it isn't a bad idea but when we get a constant barrage of them then they get old fast.

To be fair I just don't like the concept. I think the changelings just look to uniform to be converted creatures. Also why would they have the mind control then?

That is a pretty nice picture though
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-09-25 at 11:27 AM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

And just ponies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you know who that artist is? It sort reminds me of those Escher mosaics.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Did you miss my quote? xD

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

Did you miss my quote? xD
    I did notice your 'correction' yes. That's why I started with you misunderstand.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #1430

Don't know about Escher, but I can't help but notice where each pony (Derpy excluded) is staring.
    (in other news, I think getting my mind out of the gutter will now require a superdozer and five hundred feet of steel tow cable)
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

And now I must ask which particular thing we told you about. Please tell me it wasn't a gore story we warned you away from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Wait, what? I feel like missed something.
    I think he remembered some of those names finally.
    You're going to have to narrow it down a little, we have something of a surplus of horrifying revelations around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I'm guessing either Cupcakes or Sweet Apple Massacre. Let's hope it's the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    My guess is he finished watching all the MLP episodes and finally enjoys the show itself. But I could be wrong.
    And what did you figure out, young'n?
    Clearly we have a winner.
    Also wondering what INoKnowNames is talking about.
    I told you guys, just as I first started trying this series, about how I accidentally ended up finding Cupcakes on TvTropes, and definitely should not have read it. It probably didn't help that I got linked to someone having -DRAWN- the thing, and I accidentally clicked it, and couldn't look away.

Someone said to note that there's an episode to which Cupcakes becomes somewhat of an ascended meme, where it -could- have happened, had she become more deranged.

And I ended up watching that episode (Party of One). And I remembered Cupcakes. As well as the animated version of it.

And it got in me. And it hurt.

I was stable enough that I made a post about the connection, but then I was a bit sad for the next few hours, before I finally managed to make myself sleep.

There was a quote on TvTropes that covers my mindset pretty good, but for the life of me, I can't find it. Probably because they deleted a lot of the real life section of the site.

I'm accepting of sweet. Sweet isn't a bad thing. Everyone can use some sugar some times, even the macho people. Sweet is good. Not particularly for me, but still good.

And I'm accepting of ****ed up. I've seen ****ed up before in real life. And it happens. Life gets ****ed up some times. I'm fine with that. It's part of the intrinsic agreement that I accept by living. Not a big fan of it, but life, you know.

I just can't stand it at all when sweet combines with ****ed up. I just can't. And that's why people who write stories like that, or holy heck draw pictures or movies like that, or the fans that enjoy stuff like that, and even those people that get off on stuff like that; I don't understand. And I don't want to understand. Because that's ****ed up. And it ****s me up.

I can take it when the line between good and evil, right and wrong, that line of morality, gets shifted a bit, or bends, or twists, or shrinks, or even fanishes, leaving the story and the morals ambiguous.

But stuff like this just isn't justifiable to me.

I don't understand how "fans" can even think about doing things like this to characters, even if it's about a coupling they don't prefer. What kind of sick twisted mind someone has to be to take these horrid, discusting thoughts, and reproduce them in a freaking media form, so that others can experience them.

And how worse a person might have to be to -enjoy- such thoughts. And then there are people who -get off- on such thoughts (and yes, there are. Because there's a person for everything. And stuff that makes this look tame can only be accredited to people like that.).

And that is what I fear.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-25 at 11:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

I did notice your 'correction' yes. That's why I started with you misunderstand.
    I wouldn't have 'corrected' it if I thought you were actually thanking me. xD

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

I don't understand how "fans" can even think about doing things like this to characters,
    Welcome to the Internet you must be new around here.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Um...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...sorry?
    There is only one thing to say to this.
    Spoiler
    Show

(You/whichever OC of yours that is looking after her should totally feel free to name the Ponithid-Timeline-Clone, btw. I'm pretty comfortable with her being your character, in most senses, and a distinct individual. You know, if you want to</fluttershy>).

Also, far as edible flowers go, all I can say is that if you can find it, Rose flavour Kulfi Icecream is really quite good.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Firbolg in the Playground

And just ponies
    Spoiler
    Show

And put me down for LIV:E Long and Pony
    It's Escher-iffic!

I don't understand how "fans" can even think about doing things like this to characters, even if it's about a coupling they don't prefer. What kind of sick twisted mind someone has to be to take these horrid, discusting thoughts, and reproduce them in a freaking media form, so that others can experience them.

And how worse a person might have to be to -enjoy- such thoughts. And then there are people who -get off- on such thoughts (and yes, there are. Because there's a person for everything. And stuff that makes this look tame can only be accredited to people like that.).

And that is what I fear.
    The fact is that Cupcakes is straight gorn. And people are weird. Unfortunately, while the internet is a wonderful source of information, it's also anonymous, which means people can get a little freaky. I guarantee that half the porn on derpiboo.ru wouldn't be up if there were actual names and phone numbers attached to them.

Don't know about Escher, but I can't help but notice where each pony (Derpy excluded) is staring.
    (in other news, I think getting my mind out of the gutter will now require a superdozer and five hundred feet of steel tow cable)
    Oh Celestia, the CMC...

You know, if you really want to become an alicorn that badly, I have a mostly perfected retrovirus that should do the trick.
    Is this the same retrovirus you were testing on all those cultist's? The one that continually mutated them into horrible abominations?
    Yes, what's your point?
    Aw, you're trying to get rid of me? I didn't know you cared, Boffie!
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

26. - Top - End - #1436

And just ponies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it? Is it really? Because there's a character there who is, if I recall correctly, specifically mentioned as being not a pony.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Darn it diego.
    "I'll take my kitten smoothie shaken, not stirred."

She apparently also comes in cute cuddly form:
    Spoiler
    Show

Holes included!
    Oh, that's wonderful! It must be really tricky to get the holes like that. And then add the stuffing after.

Source for you!

In other news:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, what the hay! I should be drawing right now, but here's an image dump!

Firstly, a season 3 spoiler fanart:
    Spoiler
    Show

A comic in which Discord advertises his new "product"
    Spoiler
    Show

In all my years of alchemy, I never dreamed of such a thing...
    Spoiler
    Show

A bone flavoured potion for dogs! It makes so much sense!

Planeswalker ponies
    Spoiler
    Show

Pets!
    Spoiler
    Show

Scoots at school. I love the warm lighting effect.
    Spoiler
    Show

A pretty Pinkie Pie (large picture)
    Spoiler
    Show

Cutelestia! (another large picture)
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT
    Is it? Is it really? Because there's a character there who is, if I recall correctly, specifically mentioned as being not a pony.
    Ah, you are correct. I did not register Zecora there. My bad.
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-09-25 at 01:11 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

I told you guys, just as I first started trying this series, about how I accidentally ended up finding Cupcakes on TvTropes, and definitely should not have read it. It probably didn't help that I got linked to someone having -DRAWN- the thing, and I accidentally clicked it, and couldn't look away.

Someone said to note that there's an episode to which Cupcakes becomes somewhat of an ascended meme, where it -could- have happened, had she become more deranged.

And I ended up watching that episode (Party of One). And I remembered Cupcakes. As well as the animated version of it.

And it got in me. And it hurt.
    The part that annoys me about that episode is that people took it to say that Cupcakes was plausible when it shows the exact opposite. The very idea of losing her closest friends was enough to cause Pinkie Pie to have a mental breakdown. She would never, never do anything that would cause her friends harm.

I wouldn't have 'corrected' it if I thought you were actually thanking me. xD
    Then did you think you deserved thanks?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Just to say, It's LIV:E Long and Pony, not prosper.
    I'm still keeping to voting for LIV:E From Manehatten, It's Saturday Night though, (even though I don't think I've ever even see the show it's a reference for, I just like it as a title).

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

What kind of sick twisted mind someone has to be to take these horrid, discusting thoughts, and reproduce them in a freaking media form, so that others can experience them.
    While Soras answer of "welcome to the Internet" is empirically right, I'd thought I'd try to offer you a bit more.

First of all, yes there are people who write crazy gore stories because they get off on them. There are also people who write crazy gore stories because they have curious minds and, perhaps despite themselves, are willing to explore the question "what if?" wherever it might take them.

The bigger question is why people read this stuff, why the ones who write really crazy stories get any popularity. And here, the motivations get a lot greater. Some people get a thrill from enjoying something that they rationally know is wrong or deviant. Some people, like the authors, simply want to explore, they want to know about things, even disgusting or awful things. Some people take Pinkie's lesson in Luna Eclipsed very far and really like to be scared or even disgusted at times because it can be fun to experience all kinds of emotion, even the bad ones, if you can do it in a safe environment.

Lastly, I want to distinguish between something like Cupcakes and a good dark story, like Thanqol's recommendation for Fallout: Equestria or Deadly's stories. Sometimes people want to explore a character's personality and need to do it by putting the character in great distress or bodily fear. These can be great stories, and they don't all have to end up like Cupcakes just because they're dark.

Edit:
    The part that annoys me about that episode is that people took it to say that Cupcakes was plausible when it shows the exact opposite. The very idea of losing her closest friends was enough to cause Pinkie Pie to have a mental breakdown. She would never, never do anything that would cause her friends harm.
    What Party of One suggests is that Pinkie Pie does start acting irrationally when she starts feeling like she's losing her friends. It's a sign of mental dependence and instability. The story writers simply extrapolate from that, suggesting that, were Pinkie to go an extended period of time in her unhinged state, she might begin committing more serious irrational acts, potentially up to and including those depicted in Cupcakes.

This is flawed reasoning because extended mental illness obviously does not always lead to murder, but people get uncomfortable with mental illness in general and tend to extrapolate incorrectly, so it's not surprising.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-09-25 at 01:31 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)