New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

@Rutskarn: Myst was a fun one, and I breezed through most of the games (and no, no walkthroughs, I kept careful journals).

But the second one: Riven. Oh, winds. I never was even able to figure out where I was supposed to go, and why I couldn't find interactive items apart from things that didn't seem to have solutions. I doubt I even made it a tenth of the way through, at best, and I never got round to beating it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Banned

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Had fun with Scrabble tonight. Heh...Double Ox.
    It's usually more interesting.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Barbarian in the Playground

One day I'll actually take part in one of these games of Scrabble. They always happen when I'm sleeping. I'm obviously in the wrong time zone.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff: Ix-nay on the Eesus-Jay Alk-tay.
    I don't speak Pig Latin, so I'm going to assume you mean "Doggy, you're now officially the greatest person alive, like, ever. Will you marry me?"
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

5. - Top - End - #785
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    One day I'll actually take part in one of these games of Scrabble. They always happen when I'm sleeping. I'm obviously in the wrong time zone.
    You don't stay up until 5AM making pancakes and playing scrabble? For shame.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-20 at 09:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Making pancakes? That's a brilliant idea for something to do when I'm staying up way past 5 AM!

*writes that down*
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

7. - Top - End - #787
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    Making pancakes? That's a brilliant idea for something to do when I'm staying up way past 5 AM!

*writes that down*
    Remember, you have to keep the pan very hot or else they will stick. But not so hot that the batter will burn before you can flip it.

In fact, I'm going to make some pancakes now! And there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-20 at 09:24 AM.

8. - Top - End - #788

In fact, I'm going to make some pancakes now! And there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me!
    *drops to knees*
    NOOOOOOOOooooooooo!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #789
    Banned

Here's something you should've built: pancakes!

Ahhh, eccentric behaviour.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's something you should've built: pancakes!

Ahhh, eccentric behaviour.
    No, the scout said that overalls should have built a not dying machine, while calling the fat bald fatty fat fat-fat pancakes.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Mmm. Fatty pancakes. The best kind.

The snow, it is cold on my hands. Witchcraft, I say.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Banned

Yes. It is snowing.

Hmmm... I shouldn't be awake right now. Anyone wanna scrabble?

Also, Witchcraft isn't very good. Horrible vocals.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

I would, but a) I must Christmassify the house... just in time to leave it abandoned all over Christmas and b) Would probably rather play a bit o' tee eff too, Valve's scaly claws have me in their grasp.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    I would, but a) I must Christmassify the house... just in time to leave it abandoned all over Christmas and b) Would probably rather play a bit o' tee eff too, Valve's scaly claws have me in their grasp.
    Interesting. Have you been to our server? 208.100.38.222:27015

Play as a heavy for the next week.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-20 at 10:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Christmassify
    I now have another favorite word.

16. - Top - End - #796

Interesting. Have you been to our server? 208.100.38.222:27015

Play as a heavy for the next week.
    He has. He was Yarrchimedes.
    BANG → !

17. - Top - End - #797
    Banned

Is he as bad as you or does he have some aptitude?

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Sn-snow? Wh-what is this? It has stuck? Several inches in the ground? Aye caramba...

19. - Top - End - #799
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Sn-snow? Wh-what is this? It has stuck? Several inches in the ground? Aye caramba...
    What, is it snowing everywhere on Earth or what?

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

What, is it snowing everywhere on Earth or what?
    Not here... we got some ice yesterday. but thats it.

21. - Top - End - #801

Is he as bad as you or does he have some aptitude?
    Now that's not fair. I'm kind of okay at Medic. When I'm having a good day, and the moon is full, and I happen to have consumed exactly four litres of Tea in the past three days.
    BANG → !

22. - Top - End - #802
    Banned

There's a snake in my boot.

Ehhh... Anyone wanna play scrabble?

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    @Rutskarn: Myst was a fun one, and I breezed through most of the games (and no, no walkthroughs, I kept careful journals).

But the second one: Riven. Oh, winds. I never was even able to figure out where I was supposed to go, and why I couldn't find interactive items apart from things that didn't seem to have solutions. I doubt I even made it a tenth of the way through, at best, and I never got round to beating it.
    Riven was really difficult but awesome too. I never played it myself - I was about six when my parents got it and they took turns playing and won after a week or two. We also got Myst III (Exile), which was more visually lush but much less logical. All the puzzles in Myst and Riven were solvable by logic, although I don't think my parents could have done it without each other because it took two different perspectives sometimes. One would be working on a puzzle for HOURS and the other would come in and say "Did you press that button?" HOWLS of annoyance. But Exile took a lot of just trying every option. Took HOURS.

Then there's Myst IV. We've never won it. It's similar to Exile. And I've heard Myst V is terrible, which is what you get when something spawns sequel-itis.

The other one my parents used to play was The Neverhood. We solved that one all together, as a family. And my dad and I did Monkey Island together. Puzzle games = awesome . . . .

24. - Top - End - #804
    Banned

The proper term is 'adventure games'.

And yes. Monkey Island, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword... Games you really give a damn about the plot and flavour of.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

The proper term is 'adventure games'.

And yes. Monkey Island, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword... Games you really give a damn about the plot and flavour of.
    Maniac Mansion...Isle of Doctor Brain...Oregon Trail...

Oh! Forgive me...two of those three are not adventure games at all. I got a little caught up in PC nostalgia...

...The Incredible Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaze
    :p Ah, so you ARE from the city. We've had snow here for weeks. :3 It was pretty heavy for one day, but it's slowly been melting otherwise. D:

Meanwhile, Virginia and Maryland have several FEET of snow now. D: WHAT HAPPENED?!?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

26. - Top - End - #806
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...Isle of Doctor Brain...
    That game is awesome, I used to spend hours playing it when I was little.
    I learned so much from it too.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Banned

My, was Myst interesting in a non-musical family. . .well, brute force won through in the end, but some things would've been much easier had we gotten that game even a year later, when my sister realized that she was musical, unlike the rest of us. On the other hand, I breezed through the musical bits of the Dr. Brain series just because there were visual representations of music upon the screen. Sounds are irrelevant to this focused reader.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know, it's terrible of me. I go to bed at 12am and I don't even have the ingredients for pancakes. I feel so ashamed.

I loved Monkey Island, I need to buy the new chapters at some point. I've not really played any others though. Anyone have any recommendations?

ION: Rage Against The Machine are number 1 and this pleases me greatly.

29. - Top - End - #809

Still pancakes? I wonder if Mum would let me go shop and buy the appropriate pancake ingredients? Can't hurt to go down after Top Gear.

And there is a horrific problem in the House of the KoorlyKin.
    It is cold here, as it is everywhere, and we have no hot water. And it's bathtime shortly.
    And we can't even shower because there's no shower curtain yet.
    I don't want cold water in a very cold room on a cold evening.
    Seriously, we can put ice cream in our bathroom and it won't have melted even a drop after three hours.
    Accursed arctic bathrooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #810
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    I know, it's terrible of me. I go to bed at 12am and I don't even have the ingredients for pancakes. I feel so ashamed.
    No flour? But then how will you bake a suprise birthday cake for yourself before weeping into its crummy folds because you're without given cake and though you have created this one, even a masterpiece as it is, it is an unwanted thing?
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-20 at 02:56 PM.