New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Point granted. I didn't think that through when I typed it. Of course, "only hurt by the other duelist" still means annoyances for the other team, if not weird shenanigans or exploits. Messing with sentry tracking as one example. And, after all, that also means they are effectively immortal.
    So then you flag people who are dueling as being cloaked, but allow the server to send visual data to their duel target. So now you cannot cap, you aren't targeted by sentries, cannot carry the flag or otherwise interfere with the main game, but you can still fight whomever you're dueling fairly.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

It still seems dumb. Now each team is effectively down a player.

I think the rules do need to be revised, but "DUELISTS CANNOT AFFECT FIGHT OR BE AFFECTED BY IT" is not the answer.

I think the rules regarding what counts as a point and what doesn't just need to be revised to prevent (most) of those irritating situations where, say, you get jarated and set on fire and then you turn the corner and OH HELLO ENEMY DUELIST
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-11-24 at 09:10 AM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    wait you're from perth?

isnt that the setting of those books about dragons and the magic string that murders people?

i didn't know it was set in australia
    I regretfully admit that I have no idea what the book you're talking about is. That said its much more likely to be based in Scottland rather than this town. Despite being a capital city Perth, Western Australia is a small town with a pretty short history and not much happening at any time .
    Last edited by MoelVermillion; 2010-11-24 at 10:35 AM.
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by thetsyman View Post
    I regretfully admit that I have no idea what the book you're talking about is.
    He's probably referring to Pern.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    He's probably referring to Pern.
    Aw man you had to ruin it that quickly?

It's so rare that I meet anyone from Perth and get to use that joke...

EDIT: Random thought:

One time I was playing a Revolutionary War source mod (I think it was like battlefield something something?) where the server we were on kept on organizing line battles and going for historical accuracy. After I died, I wandered off to use the toilet, and when I came back the round had ended and the next battle had already been fought.

The entire enemy team was standing around me, debating what to do with their "Prisoner"

I tell you it is a terrifying experience to wake up surrounded by redcoat bayonets. (I shouted LIBERTY OR DEATH and shot one and stabbed another before going down in a haze of giant bullets)
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-11-24 at 11:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Aw man you had to ruin it that quickly?

It's so rare that I meet anyone from Perth and get to use that joke...

I was totally blank to your reference though so it wouldn't have been as it would have been if I had any clue as to what you were talking about either way .

One time I was playing a Revolutionary War source mod (I think it was like battlefield something something?) where the server we were on kept on organizing line battles and going for historical accuracy. After I died, I wandered off to use the toilet, and when I came back the round had ended and the next battle had already been fought.

The entire enemy team was standing around me, debating what to do with their "Prisoner"

I tell you it is a terrifying experience to wake up surrounded by redcoat bayonets. (I shouted LIBERTY OR DEATH and shot one and stabbed another before going down in a haze of giant bullets)
    This sounds like the best thing ever, the closest thing I've had to that are some Day of Defeat servers where the players all claim to be retired soldiers and talk in a bunch of military jargon that goes over my head .
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

The Black Friday sales have begun!

Gentlemen, Christmas is upon us all!

I'm hoping to get 20 games for £15 again this year and then never play them.

Thus is my decadence, mwahahaha.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, sales are pretty wimpy today. Hopefully they'll get better.

Also, is anyone's wishlist bugging out on the ranking system? Mine keeps displaying something different here as opposed to here. Oh well.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Deus Ex deal is nice, though.

Everyone! Get Deus Ex. Even if you have it already, get it for a friend.

DEUS EX!
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

November 24's Deals:
    (If you've played one of these and care to give a review/rundown of the game, and whether it's worth the heavily marked down price, post and I'll try to keep this post up to date.)

Borderlands: 40 dollar 6 pack. (6.67 ea)
    Description: If you like FPSes and like RPG level-up mechanics, it should be very worth 10$.

OLD MEN Deus Ex: GOTY: 12 dollar 8 pack (1.50 ea)
    Description: If anyone in our steam group does not have Deus Ex by midnight, we have collectively failed humanity. It's the best game, and it is currently a buck fifty in an eightpack. That's, what, 15 cents more than some good fries? Less that a good burger. There is no excuse not to own it. No excuse at all.

RUSE: 150 dollar 6 pack (25 ea)

Half-Life 2: 20 dollar 10 pack. (2 ea)
    Description: Why do you not already own this game? Seriously.

Deus Ex Collection: 5 dollars
    Description: Deus Ex GOTY, plus Invisible War. IW is described as "eh." Suggest going in on an 8 pack of DEGOTY instead.

Shank: 10.04 dollars (Seriously, 4 cents)
    Description: There is a demo of Shank available - the whole first level(?) - and [Potatocubed] loved it entirely too much. Shank is like an update of Streets of Rage. Side-scrolling ass-whuppery.

Alpha Protocol: 7.50 dollars
    Description: [Potatocubed says] Alpha Protocol is worth $7.50. Not worth what [he] paid for it new, but for <$10 it's an okay game.

Prototype: 15 dollars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Description1: Absolutely not worth 15 bucks. Sub 10~, I'd say it's an okay pick. Not great, but not a waste of your money. Above 10, however, it simply lacks any appreciable replay value. The story is a flimsy excuse to eat people and kill zombies, and not always in that order. Gameplay wise: It's like pretty much every free-roaming Spiderman game ever. Except instead of webslinging, you just jump everywhere like some kind of monkey on a freakin' sugar rush.
    Description2: Disagree on Cost/Value ratio, but agree that it's Spider-Man 2's gameplay, except you're a mutant on a revenge streak.
    Description3: It's Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Like, no joke. This is Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with a disguise mechanic. Even the developers admit that yeah, it's Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Borderlands: 10 dollars

Indie Energy Pack: 5 dollars

Counter Strike: Source: 5 dollars

Sam and Max: Devil's Playhouse: 10.50 dollars

RUSE: 33.49 dollars
    Description: RUSE isn't too great. Despite all the emphasis on trickery, it's just not as in depth compared to other full-on RTS games.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-11-24 at 07:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

I might see if there's anything interesting in the sales. I already have a lot of the stuff that was on sale today.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, don't forget to update your wishlists with whatever games you want. Valve's doing a wishlist giveaway. And suggest games that absolutely must be on someone's wishlist (like, say, Portal 2, since I don't see any fine print that disallows it :P).
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-11-24 at 02:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Popping up to comment on the Deus Ex deal.

If anyone in our steam group does not have Deus Ex by midnight, we have collectively failed humanity.

It's the best game, and it is currently a buck fifty in an eightpack.

That's, what, 15 cents more than some good fries?

Less that a good burger. There is no excuse not to own it.

No excuse at all.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Is the Collection (which includes Invisible War) worth 5 bucks? Or should we all go in on an 8 pack instead?

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Is the Collection (which includes Invisible War) worth 5 bucks? Or should we all go in on an 8 pack instead?
    Eight packs.

IW is more eh, and means Deus Ex costs more.

Personal purchases, the pack is fine. But for bulk? Eight packs.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have the eight pack you can have all the copies of Deus Ex fight to the death. Leaving only the best of the eight alive and increasing your odds of having played a superior copy of Deus Ex.

Or you can give the seven copies to other people*, like some stupid nice person.

*Though not me, I already have two disc copies, sexy fun.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-11-24 at 03:17 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Deus Ex deal is nice, though.

Everyone! Get Deus Ex. Even if you have it already, get it for a friend.

DEUS EX!
    I played it once, but I regret not ever owning it :(

November 24's Deals:
    (If you've played one of these and care to give a review/rundown of the game, and whether it's worth the heavily marked down price, post and I'll try to keep this post up to date.)

Borderlands: 40 dollar 6 pack. (6.67 ea)
    I'm really really wanting Borderlands, but I have no way of paying digitally unfortunately. That's mostly what's stopping me from A) getting in on the Secret Saxton, and B) stopping me from buying this ><

OLD MEN Deus Ex: GOTY: 12 dollar 8 pack (1.50 ea)
    Description: If anyone in our steam group does not have Deus Ex by midnight, we have collectively failed humanity. It's the best game, and it is currently a buck fifty in an eightpack. That's, what, 15 cents more than some good fries? Less that a good burger. There is no excuse not to own it. No excuse at all.
    Uh oh. Does that mean you've failed humanity? I don't have it :P

Also, you'd have to find seven people to give it to, besides yourself.

Also, don't forget to update your wishlists with whatever games you want. Valve's doing a wishlist giveaway. And suggest games that absolutely must be on someone's wishlist (like, say, Portal 2, since I don't see any fine print that disallows it :P).
    Well, the Wishlist is bugging out for me. Maybe certain games are ineligible or? Wait, I see. The website just takes ages to refresh changes made to your wishlist on Steam.

Eight packs.

IW is more eh, and means Deus Ex costs more.

Personal purchases, the pack is fine. But for bulk? Eight packs.
    I dunno. Personally, I think it'd be cool to actually just get the entire storyline, you know?

[hr]

I'm hoping some other games on my wishlist go on sale tomorrow.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-11-24 at 03:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I dunno. Personally, I think it'd be cool to actually just get the entire storyline, you know?

I'm hoping some other games on my wishlist go on sale tomorrow.
    That space, it begs for white text.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    That space, it begs for white text.
    Better? :P

20. - Top - End - #1070

Steam: Making Me Expand My Wish List Massively Since A Competition Got Announced

Debating so hard between getting an 8 pack of Deus Ex or just buying it for me.

SO HARD

Edit: So yeah I have 8 copies of it now. :D
    Last edited by Dread Cthulhu; 2010-11-24 at 03:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    Steam: Making Me Expand My Wish List Massively Since A Competition Got Announced

Debating so hard between getting an 8 pack of Deus Ex or just buying it for me.

SO HARD
    Eight packs.

Eight packs and forcing the spare copies on everyone.

Also, "finishing the storyline" is a bit of an odd way to describe Invisible War, since Deus Ex has three world changing mutually exclusive endings, each of which would lead to a totally different world.

Invisible War?

"Let's have them all!"

I mean, Kieron Gillen and Tom Francis both dig it, and they're guys I trust, but Deus Ex is needed. Invisible War is interesting, with load times every thirty seconds.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Bugbear in the Playground

In a world where people give each other games for arbitrary reasons...

One man stood apart from the rest.

This November, comes...

CHIASAUR: The Gift of Giving: Deus Ex

Who would like to see do a Let's Play of Deus Ex? Because I would totally freak out and blunder into saving the world, or die trying.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

23. - Top - End - #1073

Eight packs.

Eight packs and forcing the spare copies on everyone.

Also, "finishing the storyline" is a bit of an odd way to describe Invisible War, since Deus Ex has three world changing mutually exclusive endings, each of which would lead to a totally different world.

Invisible War?

"Let's have them all!"

I mean, Kieron Gillen and Tom Francis both dig it, and they're guys I trust, but Deus Ex is needed. Invisible War is interesting, with load times every thirty seconds.
    You bought EIGHT PACKS?

Dammit man.......It`s one of the best games ever made, but wow......
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

24. - Top - End - #1074

Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    You bought EIGHT PACKS?

Dammit man.......It`s one of the best games ever made, but wow......
    It was like £7. Not sure how much that is over there, but that's enough for me to warrant buying them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

25. - Top - End - #1075

I'm thinking of getting the 8 pack too. I just have two questions.

1. Do you have to decide who to give the spare games to when you buy it?
    2. Does anyone here want a copy if I do buy the 8 pack?

26. - Top - End - #1076

Can't speak for 2, but no you don't have to decide when you buy it. You just give them out as and when it suits you. At the top menu, if you go onto "Games" then "Manage gifts and guest passes", you can gift them from there.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077

Oh, awesome. I'm definately picking it up then.

28. - Top - End - #1078

If this is an example of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, then I'm not sure whether I should buy a copy or find more videos of people watching it.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Kobold

I feel like... STREAMING Just Cuz 2.

Who would be up for that? Maybe in a couple hours?

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Dwarf in the Playground

Does anyone know if Alpha Protocol is worth the 7.50$?

Hooray for sales!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    HATE. LOTS OF HATE. DIRECTED AT YOU, DRIZVOLTA. OH GOD MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, I think the solution is clear. Don't download Steam if you don't have legs.
    Thank you Prime32 for the Rumia avatar!