New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    This trait is getting deleted.
    Just because something is clearly brokenly strong and made it in the book it needs to be removed? Absolutely absurd!
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Just because something is clearly brokenly strong and made it in the book it needs to be removed? Absolutely absurd!
    Yeah... on my first read through of Bloodforge, being able to get 14 weapon attacks per round (dependant on feat reading) stood out enough that I didn't include it. When Gateth asked for feedback, that ended up getting burned like the Wicker Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Yeah... on my first read through of Bloodforge, being able to get 14 weapon attacks per round (dependant on feat reading) stood out enough that I didn't include it. When Gateth asked for feedback, that ended up getting burned like the Wicker Man.
    Did you also recommend that he make some of the upwards of 1/4th of the races that are exclusive half-elves into something besides exclusively half-elves? So many half-elves...
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey!

So a player of mine is playing a TWF Guru that burned two feats for Storm Gauntlets, and he's enjoying the Akashic system immensely. The campaign is a super kick-in-the door, Binding of Isaac inspired combat fest, and he's basically already decided that the next "real" campaign we do, he's playing a veilweaver.

However, he does have one serious recurring problem: He has no way to move and full attack. Now, from Coward's Boots, he has a speed of 50ft., so getting to foes is usually a breeze - he just can't do that much when he gets there until the turn after he gets there. What are some ways to get swift action movement, pounce, or the like on a Guru?

Spoiler: Build Specifics
    Show
    He's level 8. Feats are Weapon Finesse, TWF (house rule: TWF also counts as Improved TWF and Greater TWF), Shape Veil (Storm Gauntlets), Open Chakra (Wrist). He shapes Storm Gauntlets (wrist), Gloves of the Master Thief (Hands), Coward's Boots (Feet), and Diadem of Pure Reflection (Head). He just picked up a Quick Runner's Shirt, but I'm not sure how much that will help in the grand scheme of things. Race is Ophiduan.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novawurmson View Post
    Hey!

So a player of mine is playing a TWF Guru that burned two feats for Storm Gauntlets, and he's enjoying the Akashic system immensely. The campaign is a super kick-in-the door, Binding of Isaac inspired combat fest, and he's basically already decided that the next "real" campaign we do, he's playing a veilweaver.

However, he does have one serious recurring problem: He has no way to move and full attack. Now, from Coward's Boots, he has a speed of 50ft., so getting to foes is usually a breeze - he just can't do that much when he gets there until the turn after he gets there. What are some ways to get swift action movement, pounce, or the like on a Guru?

Show
    He's level 8. Feats are Weapon Finesse, TWF (house rule: TWF also counts as Improved TWF and Greater TWF), Shape Veil (Storm Gauntlets), Open Chakra (Wrist). He shapes Storm Gauntlets (wrist), Gloves of the Master Thief (Hands), Coward's Boots (Feet), and Diadem of Pure Reflection (Head). He just picked up a Quick Runner's Shirt, but I'm not sure how much that will help in the grand scheme of things. Race is Ophiduan.
    Let him combine 10 Quick Runners Shirts into one that's at-will. That's twice the price of such a thing according to the rather silly at times Magic Item Creation Guidelines. Alternatively, since it's already DSP material, the Steelforge Playtest has some fancy Boots that let you move during a full attack for around 10k.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Let him combine 10 Quick Runners Shirts into one that's at-will. That's twice the price of such a thing according to the rather silly at times Magic Item Creation Guidelines. Alternatively, since it's already DSP material, the Steelforge Playtest has some fancy Boots that let you move during a full attack for around 10k.
    I guess a command-word activated item of hustle at-will would cost around 2x3x1800=10,800g. Hrm. I'd like to solve it with a feat/veil/etc. if possible.
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess a command-word activated item of hustle at-will would cost around 2x3x1800=10,800g. Hrm. I'd like to solve it with a feat/veil/etc. if possible.
    A thing: command-word Hustle is literally useless, because command-word items are activated as a standard action. You'd be trading a standard action for a move action, which is... already something you can do.

What you want is a use-activated item of Hustle for 12K gp. Maybe a pair of boots that casts Hustle each time your foot touches the ground? Or, if you want to go slotless, 24K gp for a sock.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A thing: command-word Hustle is literally useless, because command-word items are activated as a standard action. You'd be trading a standard action for a move action, which is... already something you can do.

What you want is a use-activated item of Hustle for 12K gp. Maybe a pair of boots that casts Hustle each time your foot touches the ground? Or, if you want to go slotless, 24K gp for a sock.
    I usually house-rule command word items to use the same casting/manifesting time as their original spell/power (otherwise you get silly situations like the one you just described).

Something is innately hilarious to me about a single magical sock, though. I can only imagine the thought process of the creator of such an item:

"Hrm, I'm going to infuse an object with such incredible magical power that its creator will be able to dash about as if a messenger of the very gods. But what to infuse? An ioun stone? No, I'm out of those. Warpaint? I can't find any. Origami? An hourglass? A pearl? I could have sworn I had a pearl! I actually don't have anything really worth enchanting..."

[shifty eyes]

"...except this lucky sock."

And this is why you don't dump Wis on an arcane caster, kids.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey!

Show
    If he hadn't already burned two feats for Storm Gauntlets, I'd say he could grab Horselord's Greaves for some easy mounted combat. What Philosophy did he choose?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    If he hadn't already burned two feats for Storm Gauntlets, I'd say he could grab Horselord's Greaves for some easy mounted combat. What Philosophy did he choose?
    Philosophy is Akasin.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

"Chakram Flurry: "You need to stack Dexterity to hit". Last page of the Daevic guide.

But a Desire daevic, the obligatory one for a throwing build, gets "Precise Shot and Willful Throw* as bonus feats, even if she would not normally meet their prerequisites" at third level.

"Willful Throw: When you have at least 1 point of essence invested in this feat, you may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier for your attack rolls when attacking with thrown weapons".

So, my level 3 daevic player has Str 16, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14, and hits with hers chakrams for +9, with +5 to damage. Granted, the first two levels were kind of a dog, but Hands Cannon made up for it - currently they hit for +7 with +2 to damage.

You do mention that "Some feat choices can change around how stats apply", but I believe the desire daevic pretty much works without Dex, since she even "may use her Charisma modifier in place of her Dexterity or Intelligence modifiers to determine prerequisites for feats". Plus the possibility of using heavy armor, which kinda nukes the AC bonus.
    Last edited by TheRagi; 2015-08-18 at 06:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagi View Post
    "Chakram Flurry: "You need to stack Dexterity to hit". Last page of the Daevic guide.

But a Desire daevic, the obligatory one for a throwing build, gets "Precise Shot and Willful Throw* as bonus feats, even if she would not normally meet their prerequisites" at third level.

"Willful Throw: When you have at least 1 point of essence invested in this feat, you may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier for your attack rolls when attacking with thrown weapons".

So, my level 3 daevic player has Str 16, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14, and hits with hers chakrams for +9, with +5 to damage. Granted, the first two levels were kind of a dog, but Hands Cannon made up for it - currently they hit for +7 with +2 to damage.

You do mention that "Some feat choices can change around how stats apply", but I believe the desire daevic pretty much works without Dex, since she even "may use her Charisma modifier in place of her Dexterity or Intelligence modifiers to determine prerequisites for feats". Plus the possibility of using heavy armor, which pretty much nukes the AC bonus.
    You make a good point here, and one I'll put into the guide once I shake some time loose (and there are a LOT of revisions and additions from Akashic Mysteries recently, so this is getting important). Forgot that the Daevic could use Charisma for Deadly Aim and similar, which makes a big difference.

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Putting together a guide on variant multiclassing, and I came across this combo:

Sineater Guru VMC Cavalier, take Order of the Hammer; you now have the base damage of a monk when dealing nonlethal damage. Sure, it costs 5 feats, but it might be worth it for a pure DPS build.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Putting together a guide on variant multiclassing, and I came across this combo:

Sineater Guru VMC Cavalier, take Order of the Hammer; you now have the base damage of a monk when dealing nonlethal damage. Sure, it costs 5 feats, but it might be worth it for a pure DPS build.
    Could be decent on the Sineater, especially combo'd with a race like the Gamla. Challenge gets you a damage boost that you can stack with Gentle Touch, and Tactician comes online late enough that you've got a fair selection of teamwork feats to choose from.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

That is an interesting find...

Not sure if 5 feats is worth the increase, though. Highest DPR build for Gurus is already very feat-hungry (TWF), so finding spare slots will be rough.

2-3 to start (TWF and either Prodigious or Finesse+DA)
    Extra Essence
    Piranha Strike or Power Attack
    Chakra Power
    I and G TWF

While the setup can work, I think the addition of ~7.5 average damage over standard TWF weapon options won't work out. Tell me if you find a way to crack it, though.

EDIT: Missed the Challenge part, thanks for pointing that out Ssalarn. That goes a LONG way to evening out the numbers, even on Max-Out builds. I'll run some numbers tonight if I get some time.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-08-20 at 05:44 PM.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

That is an interesting find...

Not sure if 5 feats is worth the increase, though. Highest DPR build for Gurus is already very feat-hungry (TWF), so finding spare slots will be rough.

2-3 to start (TWF and either Prodigious or Finesse+DA)
    Extra Essence
    Piranha Strike or Power Attack
    Chakra Power
    I and G TWF

While the setup can work, I think the addition of ~7.5 average damage over standard TWF weapon options won't work out. Tell me if you find a way to crack it, though.

EDIT: Missed the Challenge part, thanks for pointing that out Ssalarn. That goes a LONG way to evening out the numbers, even on Max-Out builds. I'll run some numbers tonight if I get some time.
    Armory on Monk Unarmed strike is absolutely silly strong. On a large base race especially, they get really big damage.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Would Armory+Monk damage make for a workable Vital Strike build?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Would Armory+Monk damage make for a workable Vital Strike build?
    If you're a real Veilweaver, definitely. If you're a partial weaver, not as much. Doesn't really come online till later levels though.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Oooh! Thanks for linking the guide, I've been thinking about writing up a VMC guide for a while but haven't found the time. I'll be tossing some comments on various bits and pieces of it.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-08-20 at 10:01 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

How would you say a Crafter Vizier compares to an Artificer? Specifically the Eberron in Pathfinder conversion.

Pathfinder Artificer Conversion
    If a sword had memory, it might be grateful to the forge fire, but never fond of it.

Homebrew
    [WIP] Scaled Tyrant - Path of War Dragon based discipline.

Campaigns I am in:
    We Be Best Goblins! as Ragnok the Titleless
    Land of the Endless Sky as Azrael (previously Nualia)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

In the Vizier guide, under the special note for item crafting, where are you getting the DC for crafting spell trigger and spell completion items without having the spell? The 3+spell level bit. I've scoured every document I can find to verify this.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diagan View Post
    In the Vizier guide, under the special note for item crafting, where are you getting the DC for crafting spell trigger and spell completion items without having the spell? The 3+spell level bit. I've scoured every document I can find to verify this.
    Due to a series of delays in our product schedule, we haven't gotten our errata issued and applied to the .pdfs yet, but that will be part of the errata update. Other scheduled errata can be found here, in this very thread!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Due to a series of delays in our product schedule, we haven't gotten our errata issued and applied tobthe .pdfs yet, but that will be part of the errata update. Other scheduled errata can be found here, in this very thread!
    It could just be me, but you link appears to be broken...

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diagan View Post
    It could just be me, but you link appears to be broken...
    Are you on your phone? I've had issues getting links to individual GitP posts to work on my phone unless I resquest the desktop version of the site. Anyways, it's post 25 on the first page of this thread.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Akashic Mysteries has officially released! I am ridiculously busy for at least the next week, but after that I am going to go through guide by guide to get everything updated, then write a fourth one detailing supplemental information (specifics on races, PrCs and Archetype options, etc). Details on the Bestiary on request, since that's normally not my thing.

The Extras guide is also where things will be put that aren't from this release, such as some of the playtest material for Steelforge (the Ring of the Grand Vizier and the Axiom Daevic, for example)

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Akashic Mysteries has officially released!
    Yay and Hurray! Got my copy just a few minutes ago, and judging by the looks of it, Ssalarn and all of you helping out have done a great job.

(Btw, I had to resort to DriveThruRPG since DSP's site seems to have gone totally bonkers, with every link leading to a 404 error page. Any idea what's going on?)

I am ridiculously busy for at least the next week... /snip/
    But... but... *lower lip trembles*

How am I supposed to understand all this tricky new stuff all by myself before my players go full tilt akasha-shenaniganas munchkiny-cheese-bananas, with weird weavings on top? I need your help to veil-pimp my opposition now, before those mean PCs get their grubby little hands on the bling and (ab)use it to ruthlessly walk all over my poor little monsters and steal their stuff again. Just like they've done every time you guys bring new cool toys for the smart kids... *sobs*

...but after that I am going to go through guide by guide to get everything updated, then write a fourth one detailing supplemental information (specifics on races, PrCs and Archetype options, etc). Details on the Bestiary on request, since that's normally not my thing.
    Ok. That sounds comforting. Guess I might just be able to hide the PDF from my snooping players 'til then.

On a slightly more serious note, as you may remember you tipped me about Powerful Throw in the LotW playtest thread a while ago:
    Just as a reminder, Akashic Mysteries contains a pair of feats relevant to the current conversation. Willful Throw lets you use Cha for ranged attacks with investment, Powerful Throw lets you use Strength (no investment needed)
    And just now I noticed a potentially very interesting paragraph which I somehow completely missed when I first checked out the feat in the playtest doc, namely:
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Throw
    You may also use the Power Attack feat instead of the Deadly Aim feat when attacking with thrown weapons.
    Seems the RAW is clear, but just to be certain: does this mean any Power Attack rider effects (not limited to melee) are triggered as normal when making ranged attacks using Powerful Throw and Power Attack?

If I'm correct in assuming so, I suspect especially Cornugon Smash on a "demoralize-power-thrower" Str build could get pretty brutal, and downright hilarious if based on a grendel with the Imperious Bearing alt racial trait...

Are there any other significant throwing/switch-hitting or demoralize related options in AM one might consider for such a build? Seems I've gotten a "scarakashic" build itch I need to scratch...

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    ***I need your help to veil-pimp my opposition now, before those mean PCs get their grubby little hands on the bling and (ab)use it to ruthlessly walk all over my poor little monsters and steal their stuff again.
    Well, there are some badass (and in the case of the vritra, adorable) new akashic monsters to throw at your party as well! And by and large, they're relatively hardcore for their CRs if you actually start moving essence around and really leveraging them.

Just like they've done every time you guys bring new cool toys for the smart kids... *sobs*

Ok. That sounds comforting. Guess I might just be able to hide the PDF from my snooping players 'til then.

On a slightly more serious note, as you may remember you tipped me about Powerful Throw in the LotW playtest thread a while ago:And just now I noticed a potentially very interesting paragraph which I somehow completely missed when I first checked out the feat in the playtest doc, namely:Seems the RAW is clear, but just to be certain: does this mean any Power Attack rider effects (not limited to melee) are triggered as normal when making ranged attacks using Powerful Throw and Power Attack?

If I'm correct in assuming so, I suspect especially Cornugon Smash on a "demoralize-power-thrower" Str build could get pretty brutal, and downright hilarious if based on a grendel with the Imperious Bearing alt racial trait...

Yes, Powerful Throw would allow you to use Cornugon Smash when power attacking with thrown weapons. This is both RAW and totally intentional; my party actually fought a Tyranny daevic who managed to demoralize almost the entire party in a single round using that trick and his other abilities.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, there are some badass (and in the case of the vritra, adorable) new akashic monsters to throw at your party as well! And by and large, they're relatively hardcore for their CRs if you actually start moving essence around and really leveraging them.
    The monsters have so far been a very nice surprise for me, as I didn't even expect to find any in AM, much less such seemingly well designed and distinctly different ones. I've only briefly checked them out so far, but my impression is that what you're saying here regarding their general badass potential seems to be very much the case. Although I personally never use CR when designing encounters, it appears the inherent flexibility of veilweaving makes the akashic monsters quite a bit more versatile and interesting than most other monsters of an equal CR. The only (minor) potential downside I can see so far is their rather lengthy lists of unique abilities (although I actually wouldn't be surprised if that relatively high complexity makes many games more fun, as it also may encourage GMs to use these monsters for purposes other than simply providing combat challenges).

Also, the whole emotion concept seemed to be impressively well reflected in the daeva's various essence receptacles and their dependency weaknesses. Both their fluff and crunch seem to inspire and encourage interactions more touching and "profound", as well as story lines markedly different and more involving than what you normally get with most fantastic creatures in a (stereo)typical D&D/PF adventure. I actually felt a bit "touched" just from reading... Which is exactly what I'd hope to get from such an emotion based creature concept, of course.

And yes, the vritra really are adorable! Immediately after first looking at them I started thinking about how I might squeeze one into the storyline of my current regular game...

Yes, Powerful Throw would allow you to use Cornugon Smash when power attacking with thrown weapons.
    Cool. I like it and I'm not particularly worried Powerful Throw will further increase the silly mass debuff power that was already possible, but it does open for new and interesting applications of demoralization, some of which might of course also make a "silly mass debuffer" a bit more versatile.

This is both RAW and totally intentional; my party actually fought a Tyranny daevic who managed to demoralize almost the entire party in a single round using that trick and his other abilities.
    Ouch! But at least they weren't panicked or cowering! And yes, I can very much see that happening, but thankfully not because of Powerful Throw.

As an aside, I think there's one demoralize related option from DSP which runs a very high risk of being OP in most games, and that's the aforementioned Imperious Bearing grendel trait. I mean, yes, I've seen a really stupidly scary "silly mass debuffer" without Imperious Bearing - a fighter/bloodrager/warder build with Soulless Gaze, Black Seraph Annihilation and (tons of) performance combat feats - consistently and totally wrecking virtually any encounter by forcing one enemy into cowering and all others within 30 ft. into panicked, in every round, virtually regardless of the opposition (he could've made an entire family of tarrasques pee their proverbial pants by 16th level). But that required a very specific and borderline TO build, which sacrifices combat efficiency during several earlier levels and is forced into making other rather significant trade-offs before getting his whole "selective terror nuke"-thing going. Imperious Bearing, on the other hand, has a laughably insignificant opportunity cost by comparison, while providing a benefit at 1st level which used to require no less than five performance combat feats, a high Cha and at least 16 ranks in a Perform skill to pull off!
    Last edited by upho; 2016-08-15 at 05:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    The monsters have so far been a very nice surprise for me, as I didn't even expect to find any in AM, much less such seemingly well designed and distinctly different ones.
    Thank you! I really enjoyed putting the monsters together.

I've only briefly checked them out so far, but my impression is that what you're saying here regarding their general badass potential seems to be very much the case. Although I personally never use CR when designing encounters, it appears the inherent flexibility of veilweaving makes the akashic monsters quite a bit more versatile and interesting than most other monsters of an equal CR. The only (minor) potential downside I can see so far is their rather lengthy lists of unique abilities (although I actually wouldn't be surprised if that relatively high complexity makes many games more fun, as it also may encourage GMs to use these monsters for purposes other than simply providing combat challenges).
    Yeah, they're a little more intense than your average brute, but my hope was that the extended list of abilities would reward a GM with creatures that serve equally well as intense single encounter challenges or which can work as recurring adversaries in an ongoing campaign.

Also, the whole emotion concept seemed to be impressively well reflected in the daeva's various essence receptacles and their dependency weaknesses. Both their fluff and crunch seem to inspire and encourage interactions more touching and "profound", as well as story lines markedly different and more involving than what you normally get with most fantastic creatures in a (stereo)typical D&D/PF adventure. I actually felt a bit "touched" just from reading... Which is exactly what I'd hope to get from such an emotion based creature concept, of course.
    Definitely. As I alluded to a bit above, I really wanted the daeva to be monsters that can drive and sustain a story, something that you can hang multiple plot hooks on and which has the resiliency and inherent connections to keep coming back if you want. Even the yaksa, the lowest CR daeva currently available, is functionally immortal, and a defeated yaksa who shows up later bonded to a mortal host is a great way to keep a story going and give the party that vibe that they've angered something that they can stop, but never entirely defeat.

And yes, the vritra really are adorable! Immediately after first looking at them I started thinking about how I might squeeze one into the storyline of my current regular game...
    We've actually been talking about how vritra plushies should be an add-on or stretch goal for an Ultimate Akasha release :P

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We're already talking Ultimate Akasha before any more material is out? You just made my day man.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."