Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dominate Person Question

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    So, after the mind rape, you ask "Was it good for you?"
    Sigged!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    And don't forget that a lack of skills needn't be a problem - in a pinch, BAB can substitute for a lot of skills! Diplomacy ("If you be friend, me no stab in face"), Hide ("If you no see, me no stab in face"), Move Silently ("If you no hear, me no stab in face"), Open Lock ("Me stab lock in face with adamantine dagger"), Heal ("Me stab you in face until you no dying anymore"), Climb ("Me stab rock face"), and so on!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Well the thing with Sanctify the Wicked is that it doesn't completely re-write their mind to the caster's whims. It forces them to reflect on their past misdeeds and assumes that Rousseau was right, and goodness is in fact what every being strives for.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Well the thing with Sanctify the Wicked is that it doesn't completely re-write their mind to the caster's whims. It forces them to reflect on their past misdeeds and assumes that Rousseau was right, and goodness is in fact what every being strives for.
    And not just goodness but also lawfulness, chaoticness, or neutrality.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Spamalot in the Playground

Note that it rewrites them to YOUR version of goodness, even if their own worldview was different along the ethical axis. An eladrin using this would turn a LE green dragon CG. That's one argument for its brainwashing nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Note that it rewrites them to YOUR version of goodness, even if their own worldview was different along the ethical axis. An eladrin using this would turn a LE green dragon CG. That's one argument for its brainwashing nature.
    Besides the fact that the spell description is pretty much just a description of brainwashing?

If you're not charming as well as dominating, you're clearly not intending on keeping this minion.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance