New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    DMC

"Oh. Thanks?" Cornelia says, narrowing her eyes at the touchpad. One more thing to learn about. She sets both things on the table, taking a chance to breath and think. "Well, um, lemme learn a bit about it m'self first." She shakes her head. "Gods, this is new."
    ((Correct that for you ))
    DMC

As Cornelia takes her breath the little robot takes the pad and starts playing Angry Nexus. A game where you throw good PC against evil PC.

"Take your time. If there are any questions just come here or talk to me in Watch."

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

The HALO base is not controlled by any one player. The air base is controlled by Righty.
    The Sitar's Strings

"When there isn't anything else I go now. There is many work dto do."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lefty's]

The sorceress bemusedly shakes her head at Sakura's silliness. "Well, I'm not giving up just yet. I know Harnel can be a lot better if he just work on it." Cessie says before taking a sip of milk. "Clearly we are the best mothers, wives and persons after all. As our husbands they just have to reach our level of perfectionism." She says with a slight nod once she taken some more beef.
    [Lefty's]

"Of course." Sakura giggles. "That sounds like it'll be tough, though. You don't just get as awesome as us over night. Ooh, I know. We need to put them in husband boot camp. I'm sure that must actually exist."

3. - Top - End - #423

[Lefty's]

"So far I haven't seen anything that haven't existed in the nexus so far. So yes, husband boot camp. Must involve a lot of training in thinking before acting among other things." The sorceress replies.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

"Great. We'll have to sign them up, then. You don't think they'll have any problem with it, do they?" Sakura asks.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Blacklight Street]

"Warden, we've been tasked with rescuing the 'Star's' hostage." Vul explains, looking around for a source of the voice when there is none. He frowns deeply, but not at anyone in particular. "If we will perish, then is there anything you can do?"
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTurtle
    "You mean it will not come back this way, or it might not come back this way, because the distinction is important. And if we perish on the other side, is it instantly, or will we have time to fight first?"

Missy really does not want to die right now, more than at any other time in her life. She actually has a family to live for. But that very fact means that she has more motivation than ever before to try and save the city, even at the cost of her life.

[Blacklight Street]

"I can do little to help you if you choose to confront the Star in its own realm. My influence is limited there,"
    the Warden replies quite deliberately. "Several efforts are under way to rescue the Star's thrall once she appears again. But all count on her appearing again."

Mostly because it was decided that going into the Star's realm after her would be a poor plan.

"She is not bound to return by the same way she left. And the Star is aware of what is transpiring here. It is unlikely that it would return its servant into a waiting trap," that sort of answers Missy's first question! Truth is the Warden doesn't know for sure. Simply operating off inference for the most part. "Should she return to the Nexus your response will need to be reactive. In such an event I will inform Remnant of the situation. In the mean time readiness is best. If you assume that you will be in combat with a very powerful mage I suspect you will be well prepared."

And then to Missy's last question-

"Should you stand within the Sun how long would you survive? And how much harm could you inflict upon it? You would be consumed in a moment. Whether consumed by death or consumed by the Star's will I do not know."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings

He'll order Gluey Tord. It's a ball of banana in batter, and they're lovely.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Deep Down Coffee]

"I wouldn't say I do it often, but I work with souls constantly, because of the trafficking with demons and the like that I end up doing. I even once visited the Academy of Shapers and Binders in Thay, which almost exclusively works with souls. The concept is sound and shouldn't be too difficult." He leans down to Mimi to whisper conspiratorially, though Riss can still hear, "And if I do anything bad, you can hit me over the head. That sound fair?"
    Riss hid a small smile at how silly Sora's suggestion was given the size difference between the two. Then again, I suppose Mimi does have surprise on her side if she uses that notion well... Assuming that she's not taken as much of a threat anyway and I'm fairly certain that I'm taking this too far. Though the muse felt that she should have been more put off by the comparative inexperience in reference to the exact task, the general competency described as well as the whole idea that souls existed ended up being enough to distract her from any further questions on the matter.

"I-It's fine, Mimi. I think, um... I think I'll be fine." she said, making as if she was trying to reassure the pixie when she was simply trying to distract herself. Well, both at the same time, really. In any case, Riss seemed to be done with her portion of the frozen treat and would be ready to go whenever the rest appeared to be the same.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lefty's]

"Great. We'll have to sign them up, then. You don't think they'll have any problem with it, do they?" Sakura asks.
    [Lefty's]

"I doubt Harnel would, I think I got him eating out of the palm of my hand." She replies followed by soft laughter.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

"Perfect! Now all we have to do is find the place." Sakura laughs along with Cessie, just not so softly.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The Poor Knight - Later

Kate walks over to examine the scorch mark. Looks like that is that for today...

She looks up at Correl, and then down at the holy symbol.

She then attempts to reverse what the Kami did to him using her divine magic. No point forcing him to suffer through reversing it himself.
    The Poor Knight - Later

The enchantment breaks and the knight is returned to normal. "What was that? Why did you kill it madame?" Correl demands in a stern voice. He was not particularly fond of killing when you could subdue your opponent.

[Lefty's]

"Can't we use that computer of yours to look for places like that?" Cessie muses.

The conversation then continues until the food is eaten and the sorceress lifts her hand to call for the tab.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Poor Knight - Later

Kate puts the holy symbol back away, hanging it around her neck on a chain. "It was a spirit of change made solid, which would go around changing people until it was stopped. I don't think I killed it, just made it disperse for now... I'll have to look it up."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Bast's Animal Shelter

After two hours of fruitless searching, Neme Hat Reinholdt returns to the shelter to see if anyone's returned on their own.

Streets

Nadas comes tearing through here, running away from Trog's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

Kareem wishes Zefir good luck and pays his bill for him. Goodbye!

The demon-in-disguise gets his dessert.

Blacklight Street
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

[Blacklight Street]

"I can do little to help you if you choose to confront the Star in its own realm. My influence is limited there,"
    the Warden replies quite deliberately. "Several efforts are under way to rescue the Star's thrall once she appears again. But all count on her appearing again."

Mostly because it was decided that going into the Star's realm after her would be a poor plan.

"She is not bound to return by the same way she left. And the Star is aware of what is transpiring here. It is unlikely that it would return its servant into a waiting trap," that sort of answers Missy's first question! Truth is the Warden doesn't know for sure. Simply operating off inference for the most part. "Should she return to the Nexus your response will need to be reactive. In such an event I will inform Remnant of the situation. In the mean time readiness is best. If you assume that you will be in combat with a very powerful mage I suspect you will be well prepared."

"Should you stand within the Sun how long would you survive? And how much harm could you inflict upon it? You would be consumed in a moment. Whether consumed by death or consumed by the Star's will I do not know."

"So what you're saying is that this portal is locked shut, and the host is going to emerge somewhere Sith knows where, and we won't know until it's busy doing Sith knows what to someone?" Missy says.

Sewers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Sewers

"I dunno where those rats went but there is another body down here now." Hekta replies as she glances back at the tunnel she came from. "Can't see anything else though."

Elias's desire to study death in others and desire to avoid death in himself war for a while.

"... Okay, show me."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

Blagzrukel will eat his dessert. He'll be slow about it, so he doesn't have to go and mingle with other beings so fast.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

One time that Vinny gets home close to dawn, he'll arrive home and probably instantly be aware, in the 6th sense type of way, that someone is in his flat.

Unless he makes a lot of noise investigating, it won't take him long to discover a familiar dame in his bed, fast asleep, and buck naked.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

When Vinny discovers Billie naked in his bed, normally he wouldn't mind too much, but the night had been rough and he had stitches to make. Leaving the woman to sleep off any drinks she's had, he heads to the bathroom and takes a seat on the edge of the tub as he removes the torn shirt. A couple thugs had surprised him in an alley after he'd "protected" a bar. They weren't enough to put him down and surely wouldn't be using their arms again unless they were healed rather well, but the knives they had been armed with had been more than enough to turn his suit's sleeves to ribbons.

Same with the skin underneath.

He's silent through the full affair, but Billie might be woken up by the smell of blood and anti-septic as he cleans the cuts and begins the slow process of stitching up the wounds by himself with well-practiced motions.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Billie does wake up towards the end of the operation, padding in to see what he's doing.

"Aww, Vinny. You shoulda woke me. I know how to do stitches." Billie says. She won't touch him while he's working though, but once he's done, will plant a kiss on his temple and trail a finger down his spine. "Anything I can do to help?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"A double scotch from the fridge, ma'am?"
    He asks as he bites the chord, snapping it with his teeth. All in all, he needed more than a few stitches, covering his arms fairly well. Even so, he doesn't seem too bothered by it as he flexes his arms and hands to test his mobility.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Sure thing," Billie says, and goes to pour a double scotch for each of them. She doesn't seem hungover in the least as she makes her way back to him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Vinny takes the glass thankfully with a nod and casts an approving gaze over her body. "Bit late for a visit. And I didn't even buy you drinks this time." He says, trying to sound a bit coy but likely failing. He really wasn't too good at this sort of thing, especially after a rough night. Doesn't mean he can't enjoy a good view though.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"I wanted you enough to wait,"
    Billie says. Coy? What's that? "But if you need to rest up first, I can come back later." She's not posing deliberately to enhance the view. She's simply moving around exactly the same as she would if she were dressed. The lack of shame or modesty may in itself enhance the view, but that depends on the viewer.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Vinny knocks back the drink and stands before looping his arm around Billie's waist, grateful that she's about as upfront as he is. "I wouldn' mind tha arm candy while I rest." He admits as he tries to guide her back to the bed.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Since bed is exactly where Billie wants to be, he is entirely successful. She'll find some sort of snuggly position where there is as much body contact as possible, with as little risk to his damaged arms as she can handle. Then she'll hit him with a slow and soft kiss - letting him know that the curtain is available, but that there's no rush. "How you been since we last met? You were awfully swanky with all that fur on."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Alright, Ma'am."
    He tells Billie as he lays down with her. He accepts the kiss, but he doesn't proceed further than that since he's in no state to do such a thing at the moment. Maybe after a few hours he'll have recovered enough. "You?" He asks.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Park

"Well, you know her better than the rest of us..." the Doctor admits. "I'd still like to take her to that temple, though. Come on, Victoria. Don't touch the fluid." With the half-fiend's help, the Doctor reaches up to carefully lower Copi to the ground.
    [Park]

Victoria helps bring Copi down. "What is the fluid?" She asks, not knowing why it was dangerous, though she follows instructions.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Vinny's Place

"Alright, Ma'am."
    He tells Billie as he lays down with her. He accepts the kiss, but he doesn't proceed further than that since he's in no state to do such a thing at the moment. Maybe after a few hours he'll have recovered enough. "You?" He asks.

Billie sighs happily. "I've been jake, Vinny. Real swell. I got religion. But don't worry. I checked. I don't have to give up nookie or anything."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #447
    Halfling in the Playground

Blacklight Street

Spoiler
    Show
    Blacklight Street

"You mean it will not come back this way, or it might not come back this way, because the distinction is important. And if we perish on the other side, is it instantly, or will we have time to fight first?"

Missy really does not want to die right now, more than at any other time in her life. She actually has a family to live for. But that very fact means that she has more motivation than ever before to try and save the city, even at the cost of her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Blacklight Street]

Blacklight Street

"So what you're saying is that this portal is locked shut, and the host is going to emerge somewhere Sith knows where, and we won't know until it's busy doing Sith knows what to someone?" Missy says.

"This is fantastic," Vul says, groaning. "Since you seem to know so much, 'Zee', what is the Star?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((Correct that for you ))
    DMC

As Cornelia takes her breath the little robot takes the pad and starts playing Angry Nexus. A game where you throw good PC against evil PC.

"Take your time. If there are any questions just come here or talk to me in Watch."
    ((Oooooh. I see what you did there))

Oh gods. The mechanicus equivalent of an iPad. She's never going to figure the thing out. Cornelia watches the little robot play, then returns her attention to Mia. "Well, um, first question. What is that?" She narrows her eyes at the screen. "Hey, I think I know some o' those people..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Bakeries!
    Iamar will find her move successful!
    However, more acid wells up inside Spitter's mouth before trying to release!
    Iamar might find acid on her very soon, and Hunter definitely will be losing his hoodie.
    However, Hunter takes the moment after she spits to grab Spitter's throat, preventing her from being able to spit.
    "You better have something to cover her mouth."
    Iamar manages to dodge the acid, and reaches into a pocket in her robe, and pulls out a gag that'll somehow resist acid, and try to cover the Spitter's mouth.

29. - Top - End - #449

Sewers

"It's just a bit further." Hekta replies before she let's go of the woman's body hands Elias the lantern before heading inside the tunnel again.

Soon enough Elias can see a face-down emaciated corpse laying on the dry walk of the tunnel. It's male and apparently in much worse condition then the woman with bone-thin legs and arms outstretched on the floor and only a few strands of grey hair remaining on it's head. Unlike the other corpse it also have that smell of death about it.

There are some strange features on this particular body however, it's fingers are unnaturally long with sharp nails at the end of them. "There it is. It looks more interesting huh?"

The Poor Knight - Later

"That was a kami?" Correl asks, apparently familiar with the term as he looks at Kate. Looks like it got to her too, but he didn't want to assume anything. That would be rude?."But where are my manners? I thank you for freeing me from that things spell. I owe you my lady." He says with an elegant bow.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-27 at 05:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Poor Knight - Later

"Don't worry about it,"
    Kate says, suddenly in a social situation and trying to not let it show that doesn't know what to do next. "Do you know more about Kami? Did that destroy it permanently, or will it just take a bit to re-form?"