New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I... know what symphonic prog is

I was looking more for in the line of what you just got. I actually know most of that list, but I'll check out those I don't, thanks.

Relayer happens to be one of my favourite albums. I think I've mentioned that before.
    Oh, sorry about that.

"Symphonic prog" is a misleading thing to call this album, though it certainly put me in the mood. It's an album by a Polish group called Satellite; The Street Between Sunrise and Sunset. I'd say they're more neo-prog with heavy leanings more towards pop rock. It's a bit too... hmmm... "modern" for a lot of sympho prog. It uses dance beats and all the compositions are rooted in more contemporary pop, as opposed to the medieval folk.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    So, how is everyone today/tonight? This thread has been rather inactive today and that is kinda weird. So may as well start something up. Well Corpse Party is still an interesting game, for those who know it. I love this new upgraded HughesNet, it works a lot better. I also have been trying the game Smite, which is an online arena battle game with gods as characters. A lot of fun, when it works. Does anyone on this thread know about the JobCorps? I am highly considering it for work and training and other reasons, and want any other opinions on it. Another topic: if anyone here can, listen to 4 Chord Song by Axis of Awesome. It is such a well put together song, watch/listen and you shall see why. And may as well add a serious topic...my kinda girlfriend is sorta separating from me a bit, not completely but it still isn't looking good...so that's has me extremely bummed out.

Just throwing a lot of topics out there and hoping something will get some people talking. Seriously, been checking the thread all day and nothing has been going on. This must be rectified.
    I'm doing good, thank you! We handed in the project report yesterday, and then we went out to celebrate in the evening. I managed to snap my bicycle chain and hurt my leg, and everyone else was 20 minutes late, which had me start doubting if it actually was going to happen (further compounded by the fact that I'd forgotten my phone at home and had to hunt for the student nation's computer room so that I could contact them via Facebook, which in turn wasn't made easier by the fact that I'd never been to that room before and couldn't locate it before I ran into an emergency exit map). But my friends showed up, and we had a wonderful evening.

And then I had to walk home and am a little hungover today, but I don't mind this very much...

Too bad about your girlfriend, though...
    *tight nallehugs*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    "Symphonic prog" is a misleading thing to call this album, though it certainly put me in the mood. It's an album by a Polish group called Satellite; The Street Between Sunrise and Sunset. I'd say they're more neo-prog with heavy leanings more towards pop rock. It's a bit too... hmmm... "modern" for a lot of sympho prog. It uses dance beats and all the compositions are rooted in more contemporary pop, as opposed to the medieval folk.
    Never heard of them. Thanks.

Sounds like I'll hate it

Another topic: if anyone here can, listen to 4 Chord Song by Axis of Awesome. It is such a well put together song, watch/listen and you shall see why.
    I know it well. It's awesome. In fact, I think I mentioned it once in RB

Also quite well thought-out. But come to think of it, since it's the same 4 chords over and over, it should be pretty easy to put together something similar, heh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

We're going up to our summer farm-place today for an extended weekend. And the weather seems mostly manageable, so it looks like it's going to be a good time...

No cousins though, sadly...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Well, do you, PUNK?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #66

Sounds like I'll hate it
    Well listen to it and find out for yourself

7. - Top - End - #67
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

8. - Top - End - #68

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    See, now that makes perfect sense. Someone deciding to put a slice of toast between two slices of bread and call it a toast sandwich and for it to catch on enough to "stick"? Total flat what moment.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'm more amused that there's actually a recipe included in a cook book somewhere.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

11. - Top - End - #71
    Colossus in the Playground

So, how is everyone today/tonight? This thread has been rather inactive today and that is kinda weird. So may as well start something up. Well Corpse Party is still an interesting game, for those who know it. I love this new upgraded HughesNet, it works a lot better. I also have been trying the game Smite, which is an online arena battle game with gods as characters. A lot of fun, when it works. Does anyone on this thread know about the JobCorps? I am highly considering it for work and training and other reasons, and want any other opinions on it. Another topic: if anyone here can, listen to 4 Chord Song by Axis of Awesome. It is such a well put together song, watch/listen and you shall see why. And may as well add a serious topic...my kinda girlfriend is sorta separating from me a bit, not completely but it still isn't looking good...so that's has me extremely bummed out.

Just throwing a lot of topics out there and hoping something will get some people talking. Seriously, been checking the thread all day and nothing has been going on. This must be rectified.
    ...oof, you use HughesNet. I'm so sorry for you. And I hope you and your girlfriend work out things *Sends hugs*

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I think I'm more amused that there's actually a recipe included in a cook book somewhere.
    Exactly my point. That the article exists on Wikipedia is irrelevant, it just showed it to me.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I am glad that Objectively Different is there now though. That one is good.
    Eh? Where's that?

I am glad someone agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    The only things we hear about on campus! Ever! You can claim it all you want, but the sheer repetition of these ideas will drown out any enjoyment they once bestowed in actuality!
    I'm kind of doubtful, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    *snip*

Well, do you, PUNK?
    No. But I do happen to like punk, PUNK.

On a related note, @Crunk, you may enjoy this read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's not fake?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #75

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    That's not fake?
    Nope, not fake--I actually remember the report it references (about toast sandwiches being the cheapest lunch you could possibly have) hitting the news a few years ago. I was surprised myself that toast sandwiches are a *thing*, but there you go!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    No. But I do happen to like punk, PUNK.

On a related note, @Crunk, you may enjoy this read.
    Lansdale...Septa....R5...R2...30th street station...I know that station...I know those views going by...that's where I live! Philadelphia!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-05-29 at 11:52 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Nope, not fake--I actually remember the report it references (about toast sandwiches being the cheapest lunch you could possibly have) hitting the news a few years ago. I was surprised myself that toast sandwiches are a *thing*, but there you go!
    I could go for one of those right about now...
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'm doing good, thank you! We handed in the project report yesterday, and then we went out to celebrate in the evening. I managed to snap my bicycle chain and hurt my leg, and everyone else was 20 minutes late, which had me start doubting if it actually was going to happen (further compounded by the fact that I'd forgotten my phone at home and had to hunt for the student nation's computer room so that I could contact them via Facebook, which in turn wasn't made easier by the fact that I'd never been to that room before and couldn't locate it before I ran into an emergency exit map). But my friends showed up, and we had a wonderful evening.

And then I had to walk home and am a little hungover today, but I don't mind this very much...

Too bad about your girlfriend, though...
    *tight nallehugs*
    Good job with your project Tedditastic! Sounds like there were quite a bit of little troubles that night, but awesome for it working out in the end. Heh, gotta say I don't think I've ever really had a hangover. Been fairly drunk twice, but I don't think I felt anything in the morning other than tired. Is it as bad as people say it is?

Yeah...things are kinda confusing with her right now. We are technically still together, just deciding to focus more on our own lives for awhile and see where things go. And if that ends up with us not able to stay together...that's life. Not that I'm happy about it. The problem is that our relationship has been long distance for quite a while, and yet I am no closer to being able to go out and see her. I got a plan for that, but still...I can't keep her waiting forever. *returns tight hugs* I think this is gonna have me even more stressed for awhile. I'll manage...somehow.

I know it well. It's awesome. In fact, I think I mentioned it once in RB

Also quite well thought-out. But come to think of it, since it's the same 4 chords over and over, it should be pretty easy to put together something similar, heh.
    Cool, though I think I may not have been around when you did. If so I apologize. I don't remember what made me listen to it but I love it. Trying to actually memorize the music video version and doing fairly well. Why? Just because.

Well, do you, PUNK?
    I DO in fact! What now?

This...just, this. Now I can save tons of money on lunches!

I joke of course. This is dumb. And whoever wrote this should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...oof, you use HughesNet. I'm so sorry for you. And I hope you and your girlfriend work out things *Sends hugs*
    Yeah I know...it isn't the best internet. Well, the best that we can get but that is sort of the problem. I can load comics, videos, and simple documents very well now though. Playing online games though...Smite can be a hassle at best, but sometimes I can manage.

And thank you. I hope things work. If I can manage this thing with the JobCorps I should be able to get out to the same area as her within a few months, and hopefully that will make things a little easier. If I can't manage it then we might just have to break up.

For the record to all people (not so sure why I am commenting on it, blame my brain), I am so stressed over this not just for the usual relationship reasons, but because this really is kinda my first break up. Had a previous relationship but that kinda just ended with both of us slipping til we just weren't together anymore. I didn't feel too broken up over it. In this case...it's just a little more serious to me. So as a warning, I will likely be a little stressful and maybe even angsty. I don't mean to be. I will try to be mostly upbeat or at worst a little worried or sad without obsessing.

This is a good forum. I platonically love you people.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    But it's just bread...
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I DO in fact! What now?
    Clearly you should watch The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

I platonically love you people.
    This is why I am pointedly including all four Greek words for love in my conlang.

Also, some of my strategies in Civilization are pure evil. I'm getting one of my allies to pay me to enter a war I was already going to enter.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Clearly you should watch The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure.
    Perhaps I should then. Where might I find this?

This is why I am pointedly including all four Greek words for love in my conlang.

Also, some of my strategies in Civilization are pure evil. I'm getting one of my allies to pay me to enter a war I was already going to enter.
    Hmm not a bad idea. I admit I couldn't keep up with the conlang discussion...my brain couldn't handle it. So, in fact, I do commend you for taking on this endeavor. So then, which love would fit best for my love for the Banterers?

And that is devious! Keep up the good work. I'd love to play Civ, it seems like a lot of fun.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps I should then. Where might I find this?
    The very heavy discount bin, I think. 27% on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2014-05-29 at 02:36 PM.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #84

Speaking of movies, watching Rush Hour. Oh my god this is great.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    But it's just bread...
    Nonsense! It it not just bread. It is a toast sandwich. The contents of the sandwich are not bread, but toast, hence the name toast sandwich.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Nonsense! It it not just bread. It is a toast sandwich. The contents of the sandwich are not bread, but toast, hence the name toast sandwich.
    And butter, salt and pepper.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm not a bad idea. I admit I couldn't keep up with the conlang discussion...my brain couldn't handle it. So, in fact, I do commend you for taking on this endeavor. So then, which love would fit best for my love for the Banterers?

And that is devious! Keep up the good work. I'd love to play Civ, it seems like a lot of fun.
    Philia. They distinguish erotic love (eros), love between friends (philia), love within a family (storge), and sacrificial love (agape).

Also, I doubt the actual efficacy of my devious plan. Caesar later backstabbed me (complete with an in-game comment about how he only pretended to be my friend). So I don't know how much of it was the plan actually working, as opposed to just the AI being evil.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

28. - Top - End - #88

Philia. They distinguish erotic love (eros), love between friends (philia), love within a family (storge), and sacrificial love (agape).

Also, I doubt the actual efficacy of my devious plan. Caesar later backstabbed me (complete with an in-game comment about how he only pretended to be my friend). So I don't know how much of it was the plan actually working, as opposed to just the AI being evil.
    At least with Ceaser it was just a backstab. If it was Ghandi it'd be war elephants.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    And butter, salt and pepper.
    My point exactly!

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Speaking of movies, watching Rush Hour. Oh my god this is great.
    Prepare to be disappointed by the third one.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas