New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 3 - Too srs for my shirt

[Time Tower]

((Oops. I should have pointed out that it's not actually a spell, as such, simply a request to Eilistraee. So the effects are likely to be weaker than cantrip level, but possibly longer lasting.))

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Time Tower]

((Oops. I should have pointed out that it's not actually a spell, as such, simply a request to Eilistraee. So the effects are likely to be weaker than cantrip level, but possibly longer lasting.))
    ((That's fine, I won't change the amount of info you get, is Lellienth going up to the next level though? Wouldn't want her to be left behind.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower]

Lellienth does indeed follow them up to the next level, assuming that the door is now visible.

Though if the saw is not in such a place that she has to step off the walkway to get it, she'll try to grab it before she does.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Time Tower]

When Lellienth enters the upper level she will met a small green lizzadr in golden armor with a watch around it and some wings flying on face heigth.

"What was that about?" he asks in Drow. (Don't know where to get the stylish text)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower]

((That would be "Vel'bol zhahus nindel bauth?", and the translator can be found here.))

Lellienth blinks in surprise at the lizard.

"Ol zhahus natha ortelassa ulu ussta quar'valsharess, jorosin ilta ulu xxizz mrigg uns'aa areion nindol k'lar. Ele?"

(Or: "It was a prayer to my goddess, asking her to help guide me through this place. Why?")

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding - KR]

Bored, KR, against her better nature, starts to crave company! Oh no! Seeing that Wenomir isn't around, she decides to go in a random direction, drifting vaguely towards...
    *rolls dice*
    Ilpholin and Darcy! How will they respond?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #517

Time Tower - Level 2

The saw was too far away for Lellienth to reach, and the request to her goddess reveals surprisingly little as she ascends to the second floor.

C'nor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The skeleton is decomposed further than it should be as Tarn has already noted, and the dust floating through the air seems to speed up as it move from the hallway to the circular room beyond. This could mean there is a draft moving around the hall.

If Legion did step into the room everyone should notice her suddenly moving over three times faster than she was when she left the hallway.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #518

[Time Tower]

"Usstan fridj kestal dos xuat xo'al ulu or'shanse udossa jal ulu dosst yah. Dos aslu mzil khel d'literature whol folt klezn wun dosst dazzan."

(("I just hope you don't try to sacrifice us all to your god. You got many body of literature for such things in your race."))

Mr. C just looks at legion with one brow up.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower]

Lellienth's voice tightens.

"Qualla vost morfelith assumptions* bauth uns'aa. Rena Usstan fainh nind ph'naut altogether baseless, mzilst d'udossa vel'uss detholar ulu dro pholor l'shinduago ph'naut followers* d'l'Orbb Valsharess. Lu'tangis'zhahen Usstan, Usstan tlun naut biu mal'ai. Or'shansein dos jal orn'la kla'ath nau dros'he. Mziln, inbalus dos plynnet l'draeval ulu thoroughly phord l'xunde dos refer ulu, dos orn'la zhaun nindel l'Olath Wenress zhah naut natha term aturr whol Llolth."

(("Please cease making assumptions about me. While I admit they are not altogether baseless, most of us who choose to live on the surface are not followers of the Spider Queen. And even were I, I am not an idiot. Sacrificing you all would serve no purpose. Also, had you taken the time to thoroughly read the works you refer to, you would know that the Dark Maiden is not a term used for Llolth."))

*No translation was available; assume this is in drow.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Wedding - KR]

Bored, KR, against her better nature, starts to crave company! Oh no! Seeing that Wenomir isn't around, she decides to go in a random direction, drifting vaguely towards...
    *rolls dice*
    Ilpholin and Darcy! How will they respond?!
    Darcy and Ilpholin appear to be tail wrestling... to the point that one or both of them is at risk of flashing anyone behind them. It hasn't happened yet though. Darcy is having too much fun to pay attention to drifters by.

Oh, and Darcy has two tails to Ilpholin's one.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #521

Wedding

While the mage does walk into the scene as requested, this tail play is hardly appropriate at a wedding, but then again, so is nearly anything else with Adir's relatives around. Not to mention some of the watchmen and watchwomen themselves.

"Ehh... Ilpholin, Darcy? Could you perhaps go looking for Adir?" She suggests, not wanting to risk another confrontation with the drow on Sakura's wedding. Wenomir and Harnel was already looking for him but any activity would be better then this one. It was simply not decent. "Check so that he's alright? No one have seen him and I need to fix some of the arrangements before the wedding." This was all true after all.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-25 at 12:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Wedding

Ilpholin twists in her position to look at Cessie, pulling at Darcy's tail a bit in the process. More importantly, accidentally flashing KR.

"Huh? He get cold feet and run away at the last minute or something?"

You'd think Harnel would use that earring feeling telepathic link or something to tell Cessie Adir's been found!

The married couple obviously needs cell phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Halfling in the Playground

Wedding - Sakura's Room

"What did make you want to get married, anyway? Fey aren't exactly known for ceremonies like this," Vorla says. Of course, there's not a hint of disapproval in her voice. She certainly enjoys the thought of such a momentous occasion.

Wedding - Sarget

"So they're raising her here, then?" Erik asks, looking around at Watchtower's members and pondering. "I can't even imagine it."

Wedding - Mia

"I'm Kel. His brother." Kel leans closer, but doesn't quite invade Mia's personal space. In fact, his gaze goes to MDM. "Say, did you build that? You must be pretty smart."

Wedding - Dominic

"I'm Erik's father. You can call me Omott." Grampa Frescot offers a hand for shaking.

Wedding - Three Men in a Hallway

"Yes, I'm freaking nervous," Adir says, like it should be obvious. He fiddles with his bowtie some more. "Wouldn't you be?"

Time Tower

Legion is startled and disoriented by the sensation. She quickly steps backwards, stumbling back into the hallway and hopefully back into the normal flow of time. The Lady composes herself and looks at Reinholdt.

"Um, might wanna hold off a second." She says, stepping closer to the room again. Experiment time!

She'll extend her hand into the field, namely the one wearing the watch, and see how it reacts. She's mostly trying to find if the field speeds up the aging process too. That would explain the skeleton, and it would be something of a hazard if they remain in the room too long. Or worse, if they're trapped there.

"If you're wrong, what happens? Does it cut off our legs?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding - Sakura's Room]

Sakura shrugs. "I dunno. I first got the idea from Cessie. That was a while after me and Adir were together. I didn't really worry about it much after that. Not until Cessie and Harnel got married. After that I knew it's what I wanted."

[Wedding - Sarget]

"Could you imagine Adir raising a child at all?" Sarget responds, sounding a bit amused. "Here is as good of a place as any."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Time Tower

"I told you. Too many steps and you fall, whereupon the statues probably cut off your leg or something. There's also some sort of time limit. Not sure what happens with too few steps."

Probably death, if that's what it means by step too lightly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding - Three Men in a Hallway]

Probably, yes. Mind you, the concept of him and KR getting married is hard to imagine. It just keeps slipping out of the mind's grasp. You'll be fine, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #527

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Time Tower

Legion is startled and disoriented by the sensation. She quickly steps backwards, stumbling back into the hallway and hopefully back into the normal flow of time. The Lady composes herself and looks at Reinholdt.

"Um, might wanna hold off a second." She says, stepping closer to the room again. Experiment time!

She'll extend her hand into the field, namely the one wearing the watch, and see how it reacts. She's mostly trying to find if the field speeds up the aging process too. That would explain the skeleton, and it would be something of a hazard if they remain in the room too long. Or worse, if they're trapped there.

"If you're wrong, what happens? Does it cut off our legs?"
    Time Tower - Level 2

Actually, now that Legion has stepped forward and activated this floor's mechanism, everyone may find that the single hand on their pocket watches are a hair off center, and are now slowly moving towards the first number on their twenty five hour cycle.

When stuck out into the field of the room, Legion's speeds up, but not very perceptibly. It seems that their experiences in the first room was just a taste, and only now has the true test begun.

((A note, I editted one of my previous posts to add some flavor, but there was no extra relevant information added. It simply says that there were more numbers above the "406, 405, 400" thing, but they were too faded to read.))

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower]

"You know that clock face downstairs? It's the same size as this room... Maybe we should see what happens if the flying person adjusts it, if that slows down or speeds up time in there?"

19. - Top - End - #529

[Time Tower]

((Got the same problem, but I tried to use synonyms as far as possible))

"Usstan fridj ssinssrin ulu tesso dos nindel fol lodias wo naut wa'tani bauth nindel valyrin d'Ph'quanth."

(("I just want to tell you that some people won't argue about that kind of stuff."))

Then Mr C reaches again into the room hearing the ticking from his clock. Sadly he isn't able to look at the watch right now, since it is human size and he is much smaller.

"So what happened here?"

Wedding - Mia

She bluches a bit. this is the first time someone made a compliment for her work.

"Yes I did build him."

MDM moves a bit and answers with a steam cloud, Mia just throws a glare at him.

20. - Top - End - #530

A city on Grant's home plane of existence

Once Grant and Theo exit the portal, they appear in a deserted looking, bombed out city. Grant looks around the destruction as he walks forward and after a moment he turns back towards Theo.

I don't like this one bit. There should be enemy soldiers all over the place.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-11-25 at 03:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Inside the Beer Bin]

At the top of the stairs is a smoky, brown hallway lit by sickly urine-yellow, dim lighting. It reeks of nasty things like vomit and molding half-eaten bologna sandwiches. As if that weren't enough torture to put Tom through at any given time, the walls just so happen to be paper thin. Thomas might hear more than his fair share of bickering and snoring coming from every which-way as he proceeds down the hallway, among other noises.

At the end of the hallway Tom might hear silence coming, from behind a cracked oak door without a peephole or a knocker...or a doorknob...

Weird... Weird for this place, I mean.

Didn't so much as hear the voices of Fatty or Skinny yet...
    Welp, looks like this is probably the door. Thomas closes his right eye as he prepares to step inside, activating an adult content censorship setting in his left. This is going to be ugly, another bomb, a tied-up Percilia, a combination of the above, or some other freaky fourth thing. He grips the crowbar tight, bites his lip, counts to three, and attempts to charge right in! ATTACK!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Wedding - Three Men in a Hallway

"Yes, I'm freaking nervous," Adir says, like it should be obvious. He fiddles with his bowtie some more. "Wouldn't you be?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Probably, yes. Mind you, the concept of him and KR getting married is hard to imagine. It just keeps slipping out of the mind's grasp. You'll be fine, though.

Found him, Cessie. He's just getting dressed and generally being nervous.

"Yeah, but today's the big show, right? If you're nervous, just think about this; all you're really doing is telling your family that you love Sakura, and want to spend the rest of your life with her. That's all. The rest is just gravy." Harnel says, attempting to be helpful.

[Time Tower]

Tarn keeps looking around, as his player is entirely unsure what to do >.>
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Pixie in the Playground

[Inside the Beer Bin]

CHARGE!

Upon attempting to access the mysterious room, Tom will find that the door is...unlocked/easily knocked off of its hinges. Huh! Funny, that. The lights within have been flicked off as well. It's disturbingly silent in this room. The only noise that can be heard is a faint, indiscernible tune being strummed out on an old wooden banjo by the neighbor next door. It stinks in this room. The stench is one of an old-fashioned outhouse on a warm, damp summer evening. A gaggle of mold spores drift through the air as the room's seal is broken.

There's something deadly wrong here. I can feel it. It rattles my soul like old bones being overturned in a graveyard. Something that is better left unseen.

But there's a switch for the lights sunk into the wall to the left of Tom. The temptation to see, curiosity. The fear of what may be, foreboding. The reality within, horror.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower 2]

"Oooooh. No. NOOO. Do NOT fly. That must be exactly what it meant by step too lightly. If you try to go through the gaps without taking the prerequisite number of steps, death happens." Reinholdt replies to Lellienth.

He glances at Mr. C, then back at Legion, before holding up his watch to look at it.
    "And, if I had to guess... I'd say our time limit's started already. Hmmm..." He peers. Something was odd. Count. Count.

"Oh. Huh. It's entirely possible that the 24 I mentioned is 25 if this is the time system they're using. Don't know. So... yeah, sixty, sixty, twenty-four or twenty-five, seven, hopefully four, and twelve.... unless the twenty-five hour days throws off the days to week, week to month, month to year entirely."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #535

Wedding - Dominic

"I'm Erik's father. You can call me Omott." Grampa Frescot offers a hand for shaking.
    Dominic takes the hand and shakes it, and the feeling that Omott will get is that Dominic could crush his hand at any second, and is running out of reasons not to.

It's good to meet you. He says, promising mad experiments with Gramps strapped to a bench and Dominic laughing maniacally. Did you just come down for the wedding?

Time Tower Peeps

((If it was using 25 then that would change seconds and minutes, not days/weeks/months etc.

That's all I wanted to add.))
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2011-11-25 at 11:55 PM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Darcy and Ilpholin appear to be tail wrestling... to the point that one or both of them is at risk of flashing anyone behind them. It hasn't happened yet though. Darcy is having too much fun to pay attention to drifters by.

Oh, and Darcy has two tails to Ilpholin's one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Wedding

While the mage does walk into the scene as requested, this tail play is hardly appropriate at a wedding, but then again, so is nearly anything else with Adir's relatives around. Not to mention some of the watchmen and watchwomen themselves.

"Ehh... Ilpholin, Darcy? Could you perhaps go looking for Adir?" She suggests, not wanting to risk another confrontation with the drow on Sakura's wedding. Wenomir and Harnel was already looking for him but any activity would be better then this one. It was simply not decent. "Check so that he's alright? No one have seen him and I need to fix some of the arrangements before the wedding." This was all true after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Wedding

Ilpholin twists in her position to look at Cessie, pulling at Darcy's tail a bit in the process. More importantly, accidentally flashing KR.

"Huh? He get cold feet and run away at the last minute or something?"

You'd think Harnel would use that earring feeling telepathic link or something to tell Cessie Adir's been found!

The married couple obviously needs cell phones.
    [Wedding]

KR gives the tails a puzzle look. Darcy's are easily explained by her being a shapeshifter. Ilpholin's... not so much. Being flashed has no affect on her.
    "I'm sure Adir will be along soon." She says.
    Well, someone's gotta be the reasonable one.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2011-11-26 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding

Ilpholin will lose her grip on Darcy's tails as they shorten and absorb their way back into her body. Well, unless Ilphy's knows some way to stop it. Not that I can think of how you would stop that from happening, short of cutting off bits, but Ilpholin could probably figure out something.

"Where should we look?" Darcy says. Does Cessie expect them to scour the forests for a fleeing stag? And if they somehow managed to catch him, then drag him back and force him to go through with a marriage?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Inside the Beer Bin]

CHARGE!

Upon attempting to access the mysterious room, Tom will find that the door is...unlocked/easily knocked off of its hinges. Huh! Funny, that. The lights within have been flicked off as well. It's disturbingly silent in this room. The only noise that can be heard is a faint, indiscernible tune being strummed out on an old wooden banjo by the neighbor next door. It stinks in this room. The stench is one of an old-fashioned outhouse on a warm, damp summer evening. A gaggle of mold spores drift through the air as the room's seal is broken.

There's something deadly wrong here. I can feel it. It rattles my soul like old bones being overturned in a graveyard. Something that is better left unseen.

But there's a switch for the lights sunk into the wall to the left of Tom. The temptation to see, curiosity. The fear of what may be, foreboding. The reality within, horror.
    If you had any next-of-kin, I would've advised contacting them now, Godlark. You don't, so I won't, and instead we'll just have to see what happens next together, shaking in uncertainty, writhing in fear as we reach for the light and brace for something terrible.

...Say, why didn't that lady at the bar (if you can call such a thing a lady) tell him which room the duo was in, anyway?! This is all her fault! She's doing this on purpose just to mess with him! Does she think he's going to come down the stairs and order a stack of beers to try to forget it all and then somehow get so drunk that she ceases to be nightmarishly grotesque? That's her nefarious plot, isn't it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #539

[Wedding]

Cessie's suggestion was mostly to make the two stop tail wresting without actually telling them that. <.<

Ah, good. I'll tell the others. Hopefully he'll be able to calm down a bit.

She turns to Darcy, KR and Ilpholine, trying to ignore any flashes of skin. "You don't need to look anywhere, Harnel and Wenomir have apparently already found him. However I think we should all try to socialize a bit with Adir's family now that they are here. I was planning to talk a bit with Adir's father once I'm done with the arrangements. Why don't you try to talk with them a bit as well? I'm sure they are very curious about the nexus and it's inhabitants."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-26 at 04:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

[Inside the Beer Bin]

By Jove! The bartender-"lady"-thing is compromised! Evac! Evac! We're pulling out immediately! They're on to us!

Five of the cheapest yellow lightbulbs on the market zap on when Tom flicks the switch. There would ideally be six lightbulbs, but one had burned out a month back and nobody even bothered to change it out.

But when the lights flash on, everything becomes much, much darker...

The scene is grim. Grizzly. Four mutilated corpses lie staggered about the floor. Cause of death: multiple deep stab wounds to the torso. Tom might find two of them familiar (those of the kidnappers) but the other two completely foreign and obviously female. Of course, Thomas might not be able to deduce any of these facts through the sole examination of the bodies' faces. Their faces aren't really here anymore...

Upon the walls, a variety of phrases have been scrawled, most copied from religious sources. One phrase frequently appears in this mad gibberish:

"Do not fear death, for it shall come knocking once again."

Tom appears to be the first to discover this particularly gory crime scene. Given what he said to the bouncer and the barkeep earlier, this certainly bodes ill for him. He has a motive and there are those who might testify that he was searching for two of the goons murdered today. The deaths are recent, as any doctor could tell. Tom might be framed as a serial killer. We can't have that now, can we?

A window opposite Tom rests open. Interesting. There appears to be a blind, shadow-filled alleyway outside of it along with a fire escape leading down to the dirty ground of the narrow passageway.

Suspicious!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-11-26 at 04:08 PM.