New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

Daemonwood Shrine

Babette starts to eat the bodies of the sacrificial victims, quickly getting into a flesh-frenzy over the sheer amount of meat available. She won't notice much until she's finished or something tries to stop her from eating.

She's a fourteen year old girl, with blonde hair, blue-black eyes and pale skin, wearing a simple, sleeveless cotton dress. Blood is spattered around her mouth, down her front and up her arms to her elbow.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

[Daemonwood Shrine]

Elereshur frowns at the demon who is decidedly not Galthalagos, and asks, "Well, that depends. Your are decidedly not my Lord, so why are you here? If you're helpful to me, I might be inclined to share in our feast...If my cute underling doesn't eat it all first. So, then. What are you?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daemonwood Shrine]
    The daemon smiles. Oh, you're right---she is terribly cute. Messy, though... anyway, my name is Liache, I am a Demersal caste Execuloth, and I may be able to help.
    Depending on what your intentions are.

She tucks her notebook into her suitcoat, chittering.
    ----
    [Beach]
    She shakes her head. Not really...
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-04-26 at 08:48 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

[Daemonwood Shrine]

Elereshur nods, and replies, "She is a bit messy. Useful, though, especially for clean-up. Now, for my intentions. My lord and creator, the Demon Lord Galthalagos, is currently trapped in what I speculate to be an extra-dimensional prison. I want to free him. Think you can help with that?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is there anything else you want to do?

Lee asks, tilting his head.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Daemonwood Shrine]

Elereshur nods, and replies, "She is a bit messy. Useful, though, especially for clean-up. Now, for my intentions. My lord and creator, the Demon Lord Galthalagos, is currently trapped in what I speculate to be an extra-dimensional prison. I want to free him. Think you can help with that?"
    Mmm... give me a look at the paperwork---and there is paperwork somewhere, even if it's runes inscribed on the shell of a giant star-turtle---and I'll see if I can call in some favors...
    She seems quite interested in one of the bodies.

-------------
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Is there anything else you want to do?

Lee asks, tilting his head.
    She shrugs, looking around awkwardly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Mmm... give me a look at the paperwork---and there is paperwork somewhere, even if it's runes inscribed on the shell of a giant star-turtle---and I'll see if I can call in some favors...
    She seems quite interested in one of the bodies.
    Elereshur replies with a thin smiles, "Hmm...I have a sneaking suspicion that this was an unlawful imprisonment by those classic do-gooder types. And hence, so paperwork. But, perhaps, it exists, though who knows where." She sighs, and continues, "Well, in any event, you have already been helpful, and I trust that you will look into this, so please, join us in this most excellent feast."

With that, she digs into the bodies alongside Babette, working herself into her own flesh frenzy, wildly feasting upon the corpses.

8. - Top - End - #128

Beach

Feel like swimming?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Elereshur replies with a thin smiles, "Hmm...I have a sneaking suspicion that this was an unlawful imprisonment by those classic do-gooder types. And hence, so paperwork. But, perhaps, it exists, though who knows where." She sighs, and continues, "Well, in any event, you have already been helpful, and I trust that you will look into this, so please, join us in this most excellent feast."

With that, she digs into the bodies alongside Babette, working herself into her own flesh frenzy, wildly feasting upon the corpses.
    The unlawful imprisonments generate the most paperwork, my dear, precisely because they are unlawful. It's usually my people who get stuck doing the documents for those.
    She selects her corpse, tapping it with a finger as the body transforms into a series of pasties, meat pies, and turnovers.
    She starts with steak and kidney pie.
    Always start with steak and kidney pie.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody reaches out with her good arm to touch Derek. I'm not scared of needles. Besides, not too much choice, right? she says with a smile.

With the sun getting low in the sky, three figures come down near the cottage. I will let them describe themselves. One is an unconscious young girl, about 15 or so. Another is a pink kitty, who as soon as he drops the other two off, he flies away, quite posibly to never be seen in the Nexus again (()). The third, I will allow her to describe herself ((unless she too is leaving the Nexus. )).

((For the adventures on Grandpa's Secret Island, QuickTopic.))
    Derek smiles back. "Don't worry you are in good hands." With that said he will start to get ready to try and heal the injuries that remain. This will involve carefully rolling Melody onto her stomach and some cutting of her clothes. He will promise to mend them later.

Assuming that he can get that far the next part will seem a bit more magical. He pulls out several dozen long needles, a bowl made of obsidian, and a vial of milky white liquid. He pours the liquid in the bowl and soaks the needles in them. He holds the bowl in both his hands and whispers a quite prayer in a strange language. The whole bowl glows for a few seconds bringing a happy smile to Derek's face. Sometimes his prayers aren't answered being so far from home. This obviously isn't one of those times.

Then it is very similar to acupuncture. Those half a dozen of needles will be stuck all around her back and other injuries. There should be no pain. As a matter of fact it should start to feel very relaxing. It will probably take about 15 minutes or so for him to get all the needles in place. Then he will have her sit for another 15 minutes. Plenty of time for the others to have things happening.

Jezebelle, not noticing the arrivals quite as quickly as Happy, turns to see where everyone, aside from Derek and Melody, is running off to. Then she sees Reinholdt flying off, leaving two people behind, and she knows one of them is Estia. Estia! she cries out, and is right behind the cyborg.

Happy, as likely the first to arrive, might notice that Estia looks a bit older. No, that'd be an understatement. When last Happy saw Estia, she was around 9 or so. Definitely not a teenager. The girl in Quinn's care is definitely in her early to mid teens.

((And just to restate it, the sun is going down. So it's getting darker.))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Happy thinks Quinn crying must be related to Estia's ageing and hopes that Quinn and Estia haven't been away from their families for years. Please let it be some sort of shapeshifting morphological something or other. It'd be too heartbreaking otherwise.

But since she has the sense not to get between mother and daughter, she tries to scoop Quinn into a hug and hold her.

I can't speak for Magtok, but my guess is that he doesn't perv over crying women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    He wasn't perving before Quinn broke into sobs, he's definitely not going to start now.

What Magtok does do, is awkwardly shuffle aside and stay out of everyone's way. With Melody away and Happy occupied, everyone else here is a stranger, caught in some sort of emotional reunion or something.
    ((Magtok, you... you non-perv! ))

Quinn might feel as if she's aged a couple years. (Completely up to her player. )

Jezebelle stops a few feet short of Estia and Quinn. "E-Estia?" she asks questioningly, not sure if she's seeing right. "Baby?"

Estia's eye flutter open, looking around. "Momma?"

And that's enough for the mother. She dives the last few steps, embracing the the young girl and crying. "What happened to you?"

​But Estia's too busy crying to immediately answer.
    Quinn might or might not have aged! Schrodinger's Aging!
    ...as it is, though, the embrace Happy gives is leaned into, the brunette shuddering.
    And murmuring something that sounds like everybody hates me.

...seems Grandpa's little psychic attack cut deep.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #132
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lost Temple]

"Or the treasure is the trap. Evil demon gold anyone?" Dena suggests without looking away from the path ahead. "These guys are nasty though, apparently they can see through invisibility and illusions, are immune to poison and very resistant to all kinds of damage. So most of my misdirection tricks aren't going to be very useful. I bet holy power does a number on them though, which is why I brought you plus a number of these..." The drow smirks and pulls out this from one of her many pockets.

Now is the question, what does the room the demon stood in look like, could Dena sneak closer to it without immediately being spotted?
    "I have no idea what those are, but I'll assume they're supposed to be very effective against demons. If we sneak in nice and close, I should be able to confirm there's just the one demon in there. Then maybe we can rush it or use one of those things you're holding, or something like that."

Assuming Dena agrees with the plan, Ithuriel will slowly work her way towards the room, stopping a little short of the entrance, trying to get a fix on the evil auras and their sources.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #133

[Lost Temple]

"Good, try to distract them while I lob this thing over the throne. You'll see soon enough what it does, I need three seconds before I throw it though. The demon should be behind the throne but warn me if it isn't" Dena then sneaks along the wall, listening to sounds, until she come to the corner in the corridor from where she can see the throne, assuming of course she doesn't hear a demon around the corner. Using a hand-mirror (what kind of adventurer doesn't have a mirror?) she looks around the corner. If it's clear of demons I assume Ithuriel sneaks forward. If the angel distracts the demon somehow and assuming she doesn't warn Dena, the rogue quickly starts to count to three in her head, no more, no less, and thrown the item over the throne and into the room where it after the sound of latin chanting will explode in a great burst of holy energy.

For reference, the room looks like this from what I have gathered from FD's description of it. The black square is the throne and the red diamond shape is supposed to be the demon. Dena and Ithruiel are the pentagon and the triangel.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Firbolg in the Playground

Peacefield Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    As soon as power cutter guy is up and off the ladder, they dump the entire thing and fire wildly in the ghost girl's direction with flamethrower and minigun. They've got other rope ladders, so it's no loss, and it can't be used to board them. Cutting saw guy revs his cutting saw though they doubt it'll be much use.
    That's a 'no' then. The ghost girl falls with the ladder, darting here and there to avoid the flames, and racing under the skull when she gets near enough to the ground.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Oh crap. Happy hasn't got a clue how to fix something like this. She shoots Magtok a "Help me!" look.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Demonwood- Shrine to Galthalagos, Lord of Barbs

The henge, incidentally, has a network of tiny, hairline cracks running through the surface of the stones by the way. Should have mentioned it sooner.

Babette's too busy eating to make much comment, though she stays away from the processed foods and prefers the flesh in its natural state. She'd honestly prefer it to be alive and screaming, but that can't be helped.

Peacefield Skull

The skull's jaw closes and its eyesockets and nasal cavity light up as it starts to swivel, looking for the ghost girl or any other threats. There's a 6-pound automatic cannon mounted in each eyesocket and a large rocket launcher in the nose cavity. They're designed mostly to destroy heavy armour emplacements or armoured vehicles, and aren't very good at hitting small, mobile targets.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

After a few minutes of frenzied feasting, Elereshur leaves Babette to the rest, and then looks up at Leiche and says, "Alright, then. Please, get back to me if you find something. I live in Southside, in an apartment block...Ask for Adele."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

After a few minutes of frenzied feasting, Elereshur leaves Babette to the rest, and then looks up at Leiche and says, "Alright, then. Please, get back to me if you find something. I live in Southside, in an apartment block...Ask for Adele."
    Liache (eating with, naturally, bone utensils) nods, smiling. Expect me soon, dear. Er, does your little one need any looking after, or will she be alright by herself if you leave? She glances at Babette.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

Elereshur nods to Liache and says, while completely soaked in blood and completely not caring, "Alright...As for Babette, I wouldn't leave her. Don't worry."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

Babette will finish soon, there's likely not much left after three people have been feasting, two of them not caring to be clean. She'll leave her flesh-frenzy and look around, blood covering her all over and soaking her clothes through. "Oh, uh, sorry. Um, I'm not sure what came over me, but... Hello, I'm Babette." She rips a last strip of flesh from some ribs and puts it into her mouth.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daemonwood Buffet]
    Liache cannot contain herself, letting out a little chitter of delight.
    Oh, aren't you just the cutest? Lovely to meet you, dear, my name's Liache.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

[Daemonwood Shrine]

Elereshur smiles at this like an approving parent, but says nothing, happy to let Babette and Lieche chatter without her interference. Instead, she turns her attention to inspecting the henge, trying to find out more about it.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

Babette blushes, though there's enough blood on her face that it's very hard to tell. "Um, thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you, too."

The henge is made of basalt blocks, the two supporting stones six feet tall and the capstone five foot long, making a gap six feet tall and three wide. They're very solid, and are devoid of all marks and ornamentation. The cracks spiderwebbing its entire structure are very thin, and shallow, and seem purely superficial.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daemonwood Shrine]
    She giggles, grinning with sharp little teeth. On a bone plate, she's scratching something with her secondary hands.
    Where'd she pick you up?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Firbolg in the Playground

Peacefield Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The skull's jaw closes and its eyesockets and nasal cavity light up as it starts to swivel, looking for the ghost girl or any other threats. There's a 6-pound automatic cannon mounted in each eyesocket and a large rocket launcher in the nose cavity. They're designed mostly to destroy heavy armour emplacements or armoured vehicles, and aren't very good at hitting small, mobile targets.
    The ghostly girl heads towards the center of the skull, trying to keep under it, laughing softly at the cannon fire. But when the first rocket crashes down, her eyes widen, and she sets off running in a weaving path towards Peacefield itself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Melody's Island

Oh crap. Happy hasn't got a clue how to fix something like this. She shoots Magtok a "Help me!" look.
    Magtok holds up a finger, as he quickly whips out a phone and calls-

GLoG's Tobias. Or more precisely, GLoG's Med Lab, but it amounts to the same thing. This should be more help than anything Magtok himself could do.

"Hi, is this Tobias? It's Magtok, I'm on Melody's Island. Your wife is...I don't want to say it's a mental breakdown, in case it's not anything that intense, but she needs someone and your name is the first that came to mind."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

There is silence on the other end, as Toby tries to figure things out. Before Magtok can wonder if the line is actually connected, however, he clears his throat and speaks up. Look around and find a plant. Describe it. What kind is it? What makes it physically and visibly distinct from other nearby plants? ... And what is the island's compass bearing from GLoG?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Frozen Forest

The young woman shouts "Wait! Please, stop! Why won't you help me?" as the silver bolts narrowly whiz past her, grazing her sides, but doing no serious damage. She also continues proceeding towards Shoyler, likely putting him in the freeze zone. Which, needless to say, he's going to have to evacuate if he values his non-iced over state.
    Somehow Shoyler missed the shot. Most likely due to the damned ice storm above. The snow was flurrying all over the place, obstructing his view. Normally a shot from this distance would be like shooting fish in a very cold barrel to his well trained eye. However, a well-trained eye is of no use when your eye's mostly frozen over... As the newly turned vampire shouts at him and moves closer, Shoyler shouts back, firing three more shots at her as he rushes backwards quickly. However, it looks like Shoyler won't be able to avoid her for too long. The snow was thick and he wasn't very fast. She'd catch up in a few turns. I can't help you! If I can't approach you, I can't get rid of your curse! You're dangerous! I'm sorry... The three new bolts speed her way, this time aiming for her lower body. He couldn't have the monster get any closer to him, lest the icy jaw of her magic grip him.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground

Frozen Forest

Hawthorn is making a lovely ice sculpture right now, as he's covered in ice and snow in a manner that's almost comical. In fact, Zander would laugh if his lips weren't threatening to freeze together...
    Oi! Beastie! Look over here! He yells out a challenge right after he throws a makeshift javelin at the firevamp. He doesn't really expect it to work, but it might distract her enough that Shoyler's arrows could finally hit.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

[Frozen Forest]

Kanya stops moving forwards as she ducks the makeshift javelin and Shoyer's bolts pass through where her legs would be of they weren't a miasma of incandescent plasma-ish. She says, afraid and confused, "Why are you trying to hurt me?"

[Lost Temple]

Oh, now that's just no fair. Luckily for our demonic bosses, Ithuriel will be able to detect three major hotspots of evil, one of which blinks out as the Holy Hand Grenade detonates behind the throne...But the other two are right next to the entrance, and are revealed to be Elereshur and Thariel. Elereshur fires a bolt of the same red energy she fired at Violet at Ithuriel, though it's much bigger and looks to cause some serious damage to the angel is she's hit, while Thariel creates a wall of fire behind where she can sense Ithuriel's Aura of good.