New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1446
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

[Ilpholinn's Office - Lily]

"Would my Mother be alright for a reference? There's more, but she's a circle above myself in terms of power," Lily says, "As for why I'm here, it's the first place I stumbled when I came to the Nexus and i never got around to leaving. plus, Prometheus kept giving me interesting challenges."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Marciano sighs. No silly...I go' this. He shows her a book full of blueprints. I 'ave maps t' build it! I've been planning.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Lily]

"I... suppose." Ilpholin says. Parents are iffy, but it really depends on the circumstances.

"And the fact that we're an association of psychopaths and murderers never concerned you?"

Ilpholin's Office - Marciano

Ilpholin goes to take the book to look at the blueprints. There might be some hints there as to what sort of help is actually needed. "If you've been planning this for so long, how come you aren't even sure what kind of scientists you want?" Tis a bit odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

SoIlpholins Office

Very odd.
    Sorry, I expected th' science people woul' know!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed.
    Ilpholin flips through the pages a bit, looking it over, before closing the book.

"So... one thing I don't understand is... why exactly does AMEN need you for this project?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

Cin holds the kiss for as long as he can before breaking off slowly, smiling as he looks into her eyes. "I thought I should let you know how much that meant to me." He whispers, keeping his arms around her.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

Shayan looks a little breathless, her lungs not perfectly efficient at recycling old air, and her short bangs just barely dangle in front of her eyes as she pants roughly.

"And I should say that you are just as handsome inside as you are without, but I'm afraid I'll be far to busy doing this for the next few hours to find the time." And then she ducks back in for another makeout session, this one intended to last a proper amount of time.

She may actually be late for her planned meeting with Ilpholin if this keeps up.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Orrey

"Yes, I'll send some henchmen along shortly." Ilpholin says, after showing Orrey around sufficiently and then to his lab.

She'll send five or six of the first ones she finds.
    Those five or six will likely find themselves put to backbreaking work, carrying huge robotic arms covered in sharp-looking surgical equipment and glass vials full of dubious substances. Boilers, burners, pans, plastic tubes, and a variety of other equipment.

Shortly after, that section of the lab is shut away to AMEN at large, and some rather unhealthy fumes occasionally leak from beneath the door. Unless Ilpholin has objections, Orrey will keep some henchmen to be his assistants.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-29 at 11:36 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Marciano grins again. Because one, my blueprints, two my crystals, and three, I have a crew that can build it quickly. Also, I'm the one with the activation codes. Without the code, The Spirit Engine won't move. I have it all in me 'ead. Ya need me.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... suppose." Ilpholin says. Parents are iffy, but it really depends on the circumstances.

"And the fact that we're an association of psychopaths and murderers never concerned you?"

"Not really. As I said, this is a place where I can get some work done and the people are potentially able to throw interesting projects at me. If I was in any danger, I have many, many ways of defending myself."

11. - Top - End - #1271

Foyer

Light fixtures shatter. The floor beyond the circle shakes uncertainly. The smell of ozone fills the air, and then almost immediately gets sucked into the ventilation system. Needs closes his eyes, and when he reopens them, they're now both a bright shade yellow. Not just the pupils, in fact, but the entire eyes. A Magbot sixteen rooms away stops in its tracks, trying to remember what it was about to go do just a second ago. Crabs somehow wind up in someone's mouth on a market day. All sorts of things generally go crazy, general sanity levels in the Nexus loosening like the belt of a man who's finally given up on his latest diet, to make room not for a larger belly, but for an Elder monstrosity slumbering beyond the veil.

The rattling and shattering and cacophonous music and everything else builds to a fever pitch. The ozone smell persists, despite the fact that the ventilators should be doing away with that. A Magbot's head explodes. Right about now is when something should happen, if something is, in fact, going to happen.

In the darkness of the base, were things long forgotten lie, like animated old pies, crossbows with bolts with strange powers, the echoing empty sounds of screams and something bouncing, the creak of old bones trying to fulfill the last order given to them. Something Smiles from an thousands mouths.

heehehe heheh ehehe hihihi
    Well, welllll, The veil was opened again. Letting Warden in again. Oh how Warden tries and tries, yet things keep getting innnn.

Still thanks are in order, couldn't do somethings with out some help. Well I'll do thanks latter. Pull more through boys, I have plans.

Gray blocks things with glowing purple things for arms, pull something black or is it gray or some color that hurts the eye to look at.

(it did say that all around the Nexus this could be felt.)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

"Near as I can tell, they're my blueprints, consedering possession is 9/10ths of the law here and I just had a hidden camera take pictures of all the pages." Ilpholin says, still holding the book. "If you somehow escape here alive with the crystals, I know more than enough to get more. A large work force is easy to get. And I'm calling you out on the idea of activation codes for a machine that hasn't been built yet. But even if that wasn't full of absolute bull, I have the world's best machinists to work around such a minor obstacle during the building phase."

"Now, you come in here, demanding that we just give you help in exchange for... getting to pay you to follow our every order... just so long as you're in charge and call the shots. To you, sir, I say hell no. That's not in AMEN's best interests at all. That's you trying to wrench power from AMEN with sweet promises, hoping to blind us with some lust for potential power. Don't get me wrong, such a device would be quite useful, but the price you're offering it at is way too high."

"And I still don't see why we'd need you at all to make it."

"And our victims? No remorse for them?" She might not be concerned for herself, but for others, perhaps?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Shut i'. He is awfully serious now, but in his mind he believed the deal agreed, now they were just haggling over prices! Ya need me because the crystals that will be the drill bit, are the only minerals knonw to man that can puncture the underworld. Also, think abou' i'. No doubt HALO or WATCHTOWER will ge' all unhappy abou' th' spirit engine's methods of fuel and the damage to the ecosystem. AS you know, they seem t' like to blame people, and then eradicate them, I'll take th' blame. I just want to be in charge. If HALO attacked AMEN in order to stop the spirirt engine from completing, the sige woul' decimate thi' place. If ya let me buil' in Louv're Tower, no ones gunna ge' i' in time before it's built. My Tower has state of the art technology. They'd attack Louv're Industries, instead of crippling AMEN. There's no way AMEN can handle WATCHTOWER, HALO, and WARDEN. My Tower can. for a time....Le' me be in charge 'o' i', an' any good deed doers won't make i' up me tower t' even see the machine. I'll take the blame shoul' i' fail. No' AMEN. My machine woul' certainlly tarnish AMEN's reputation shoul' i' malfunction too, tha' woul' be terrible! If it did break, iI'd take the blame for the resulting explosion and what-not. Ya need me.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. We really don't." Ilpholin says. "Largely because you're an utter moron for so many reasons I'm not even going to go into."

Ilpholin puts the blueprints book down on the desk and slides it over to Marciano.

"Here's the deal I'm offering you. You pay us 10 million gold pieces up front, and I'll get you the scientific help you need to build your machine. That's it. No addendums. No future use of the device. Once it's built, you can do anything you want with it. Take over the world, make all the money, whatever."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholins Office

Marciano looks confused. Moron! If I was a moron, how am I still alive? That's it? Th' deal? Ten million fer my spirit engine to be buil.?

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin nods. "That's it. That's the deal."

Also noodle should post for Marty in GLoG!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholins Orfice

Marciano frowns. With the money he'd spend...he'd have trouble. His whole monthly spending spree would have to stop. The Spirit Engine would make more money though. "Fine the'...Spirit Engine...complete...for ten million...fine...Er....you take checks?"

I will now!

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

"In another time and another place, maybe, but this is the Nexus and every bank I've ever heard about died horribly. You work on transporting the money and by the time you're done, I'll have the scientists you need ready to go. Fair?" And with luck, even a wizard that knows about souls as a bonus for him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Fine....If tha's jus' i', I'll go now. Th' gol' will be 'ere lata. I'll deliver i'.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's all." Ilpholin says, standing and going to open the door for Marciano so he can leave. She has to go talk to said scientists after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano's Depart

So, he leaves rather perplexed.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office -> Halls

And so Ilpholin steps out of the office for a moment to look for three people.

Magtok and Megan, both top of the line mechanical engineers. And Jack, wizard with a soul fetish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Outside Ilpholin's Office

Presumably, it's not difficult for Cyrus to find his way here. His player seeing that Ilpholin's player is already involved in a few interviews and busy otherwise, Cyrus waits outside until an opening is available.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-05-30 at 01:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

"And our victims? No remorse for them?" She might not be concerned for herself, but for others, perhaps?

"They're not my problem. I don't know them personally, and if they're untrained enough to be a victim then they should have trained more." Lily says.

25. - Top - End - #1285

Ilpholin's Office Door (2)

Shayan has made her way to Ilpholin's office, her new colleague and fellow tonsil hockey enthusiast Cin close at her heels. She does want to address some things with Ilpholin privately before she introduces Cin properly, so she's asked him to wait outside for the first bit of the meeting.

With a quick knock, she waits to be admitted entry, eyes as sharp as pieces of flint. In sharp contrast to her serious look, she's shown up dressed in a vibrant red sundress that barely reaches her knees.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Ilpholin's Office

A plot clone for every office visit.

The door opens for Cyrus, though Ilpholin's still sitting behind her desk. She does say, "Come in," however, so that's something.

"Hmmm... is there any particular field you've always wanted to work in?"

Outside Ilpholin's Office 2

A plot clone for every office visit.

The door opens for Cyrus Shayan, though Ilpholin's still sitting behind her desk. She does say, "Come in," however, so that's something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not really. As I said, I'm pretty well prepared for just about anything if need be."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ilpholin's Office - Cyrus

As Cyrus complies and enters the room with a smile, he throws an illusionary hat onto an illusionary rack, and takes up a seat with quiet dignity. He, atypically, is dressed in neither his usual armor nor his robes, but in a refined, businesslike suit. In fact, he generally looks like he just walked out of 1920s New York. He adopts something of a neutral expression as he describes his first impression of the new AMEN.

"You seem to be running a tight ship around here, much more cleanly than Gordon ever did. I am impressed, and will freely call it an improvement."

He puts up his disarmingly charming grin once more, and continues.

"I have also come to learn that you require an interview from all who wish to retain membership. I apologize for my tardiness, but there were some loose ends I needed to clean up in my own holdings. I'm sure you understand, given your similar efforts here."

He shrugs.

"In any case, if you still wish to perform an interview, I believe this is an appropriate place and time."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-05-30 at 07:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1289

Ilpholin's Office - Shayan

The vine-bearing woman slips in through the door, forgoing the chair in favor of resting on the soles of her feet with four vines holding up the bulk of her weight. She manages a small smile for her boss before getting into things.

"Good morning mother goose. I think you're doing rather well, considering things as they are. I wished to speak with you about a rather interesting fellow I ran into in Atlantis yesterday, who I'm not entirely sure should have been there. He looked like a stiff breeze should have carried him away, and it was only after he'd left with one of the vehicles I realized he may have been a spy. That is, unfortunately how my mind works some times. Too busy looking ahead to see what is right in front of me." Shayan shakes her head at her own foolishness there, but it's apparent she doesn't feel like she's harmed the organization too much by being vacant this time. At most, he got away with a submarine.

"There is more unrelated to this that is the bulk of why I came here, but I wanted to inform you of this immediately, so you would know."

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm... very well, that will be all for now. Work on what we discussed for now and I'll be in touch. Do you have any questions for me?"

Ilpholin's Office - Cyrus

Ilpholin drums her fingers on the desk, eying Cyrus with something akin to disapproval. "Flattery won't get you anywhere with me Cyrus. Frankly, I'm surprised you came back at all. I hope you're thoroughly ready to provide an extremely convincing argument as to why you should be allowed to stay here."

Nevertheless, she does slide a form across the desk to Cyrus.

Ilpholin's Office - Shayan

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow. "Your definition of immediately is somewhat concerning. The sub has been missing for some time now. But the person you talked to was Gordon, the former leader of AMEN."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast