New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

[Streets>Coffee Shop>Trog's]

It had been a long day and Kayla was tired she wanted to go home and climb into bed. But she wasn't the kind of woman who missed appointments she made, not unless there was an emergency. Of course working in an emergency room those tended to pop up. But this meeting interested her, who used pigeons to carry messages still.

She walked into the small coffee shop and was thankful to see that it had large comfy chairs to sit in and goes and just sinks into it ordering a hot tea while she waits for the people she is meeting. She just sits back and closes her eyes relaxing. She opens them back up every time the door swings open checking out who comes into the place, not sure who she is expecting to see, and slumping down when the person doesn't look around.

Eventually a young man wearing a fine coat straight off the high seas in the late 17th century. Though the rest of his dress is fairly modern it doesn't seem to clash. When his gray eyes fall on Kayla he quickly walks over to join her. She is a bit surprised this isn't what she was expecting. First off he isn't as old as she thought he would be, she doubts he has hit his thirties. And between the fancy coat and a long dagger openly displayed on his hip, he gives off a sort of pirate feel, definitely dangerous. She wonders if this was a mistake, who would have thought answering a strange job advert sent by pigeon could turn out to be a mistake?

”Hello Dr. Ellis?”

“Yes, um Mr. Kidd is it?”

“Yes it is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for meeting with me.”

He says as he sits down across from her looking her over. She wonders what kind of first impression she makes. She sits up a bit straighter.

“Yes well your pigeon got my attention. It mentioned some sort of a job?”

“Yes I suppose you have some questions, let me explain a little. The organization we work for is looking to set up a couple of small clinics and are looking for doctors to work there. You came highly recommended, and from what we can tell you are the kind of the individual that we are looking for.”

“So you have been checking up on me? I don't think you know me as well as you think.”

“Oh trust us we do. We actually think your other side could be quite useful. It is one of the reasons we approached you in the first place.”

Kayla stiffens up looking angry all the sudden.

“My other side? I'm sorry I think we are done here. Excuse me.”

She stands up and quickly walks away not looking back. She kept that part of her under control, and hidden away. And people looking into her past, and deciding she could be useful, it just gave her a creepy feeling. She takes a long way home and decides to stop by Trog's. Sometimes she likes to visit the local hot spot and enjoy a drink and maybe a bit of craziness she doesn't have anything to do with.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

Elias investigates the body for some time, poking and prodding, lifting the eyelids, bending the joints, and just generally studying it in rapt fascination.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Iamar manages to dodge the acid, and reaches into a pocket in her robe, and pulls out a gag that'll somehow resist acid, and try to cover the Spitter's mouth.
    Bakeries
    Hunter will remove his hand so she can put on the gag.
    Which will be super effective!
    "Well...that was annoying."
    But beneficial! One less pyschopathic mutated person killing people.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #454

[Bakeries]

"It was necessary," Iamar replies. "How is the woman?" It should be obvious who she's talking about.

5. - Top - End - #455

Bakeries
    "Well, still no memory, increased instability, and growing aggression. Not good at all..."
    He sighed as he stood up, taking off the remainders of his hoody, except fir the hood itself.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #456

[Bakeries]

"Do you know how she'd react to someone like me?" Iamar hesitates to use the word "normal."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Zone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    A few of the razor cards miss the creature, but most of them hit it... and bounce off, appearing to do absolutely no damage to it. It stops for a split second when it's hit, then continues rushing to Ace, intent on grabbing him. Mrs. Bloodplunder will probably get to it first, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Red Zone

Mrs. Bloodplunder will charge forward, swinging her flail towards the insectoid creature's head. The flail begins to give off an indigo light as it is swung, but this is not the limit of its magic; it also hits far harder than it should, in addition to being lighter in Mrs. Bloodplunder's hand than it should be.

Hopefully Mrs. Bloodplunder's flail will hit the insect-thing hard enough to draw its attention away from Ace, because that's the assumption I'm going to be posting under. If not, Ace is grabbed and stuff.

Having just escaped the insect's grasp, Ace continues moving backwards to stand as far as way from the edges of the alley as possible. What is it with things taking advantage of the shadows these last few days?

Either way, it looks like his razors weren't going to be much use here. Ace shuffles his deck quickly in his hands, then lets the card on top of the deck slide in between two fingers. There were any number of options here, and he wasn't quite sure which he wanted to use. So he'd let Lady Luck decide for him. Fire or lightning?

Flipping the card over, Ace glances down at the Four of Spades.
    Ah. Lightning, then.

With a flick of his fingers, the magician sends his next trick sailing through the air. The playing card will arc through the air. It should land on the insect's carapace and afix itself there. Once it's in place, Ace snaps his fingers and the card bursts to life, creating a thousand volts of electricity that will travel as normal electricity would travel.

Park -> Streets
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Park ==> Temple of Some Kind?]

Amil aids in fetching Copi from the evil clutches of the tree!

That evil tree, going and clutching people like that. Will it ever see the light and cease its clutching ways?

Anywho...

The genestealer has no idea where this temple that they're going to is in. So she'll just follow the lead of the others. And ask questions!

Questions are very important sometimes.

"Were those pirates following you?" she inquires of the Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Park ==> Temple

Copi will be carried. She isn't too heavy, but touching some of the blue liquid will result in a small jolt. There shouldn't be any trouble carrying her to the temple other than that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Park]

Victoria helps bring Copi down. "What is the fluid?" She asks, not knowing why it was dangerous, though she follows instructions.

"Electric blood." The Doctor replies to Victoria. "It shouldn't be potent enough to hurt you unless she bleeds all over you. Electric blood, fancy that."

With the combined effort of Amil, Victoria and the Doctor, Copi is lowered from the tree. Of course, once she's out of the tree the three-person carry isn't quite necessary. The Doctor scoops her up with both his arms, supporting her by her knees and back.

Question time! The Doctor loves questions.
    "That they were. Well. I say chasing me, but it was more like attempted murder. Thought I'd lost them when I strategically crashed through the hole in time and space - gonna need to fix that by the way. Holes in time and space are rarely a good thing. Anyway my ship's just up ahead so we can just pop in, drop Miss Robot here off at Victoria's temple and then go for that ice cream. So how'd you get your hand to change into that... gun... thing?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

8. - Top - End - #458

Bakeries
    Hunter sighed again.
    "Honestly? I think you'll be fine if you don't provoke her. This girl though..."
    He pointed at Spitter.
    "She's not going to be easy..."
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Deep Down Coffee]

"I wouldn't say I do it often, but I work with souls constantly, because of the trafficking with demons and the like that I end up doing. I even once visited the Academy of Shapers and Binders in Thay, which almost exclusively works with souls. The concept is sound and shouldn't be too difficult." He leans down to Mimi to whisper conspiratorially, though Riss can still hear, "And if I do anything bad, you can hit me over the head. That sound fair?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Riss hid a small smile at how silly Sora's suggestion was given the size difference between the two. Then again, I suppose Mimi does have surprise on her side if she uses that notion well... Assuming that she's not taken as much of a threat anyway and I'm fairly certain that I'm taking this too far. Though the muse felt that she should have been more put off by the comparative inexperience in reference to the exact task, the general competency described as well as the whole idea that souls existed ended up being enough to distract her from any further questions on the matter.

"I-It's fine, Mimi. I think, um... I think I'll be fine." she said, making as if she was trying to reassure the pixie when she was simply trying to distract herself. Well, both at the same time, really. In any case, Riss seemed to be done with her portion of the frozen treat and would be ready to go whenever the rest appeared to be the same.
    [Deep Down Coffee]

"Hmph, okay." Mimi give Sora another suspicious look. She'll trust Riss's judgement, but that doesn't mean she won't keep an eye on this guy. She kinda wishes she'd brought her spear.

10. - Top - End - #460

Seto Kaiba Memorial Tournament

"Whoa whoa whoa!" As his life points drain down to zero in a flurry of numbers, Leon waves his hand in the air, trying to get the attention of the judges. "That card is banned, little buckaroo! Looks like you've got yourself a disqualification, sicing such an unpleasant beast of a spell on a good, rules-abiding player like myself!

Streets

"Hmmph." Mustering up as much wounded pride as he can muster, the boogeyman picks himself up and dusts himself off, turning up his nose at the slenderman. "Don't know where you're from, that you think you can go around, grabbing people off the streets and tickling them like that. I'm telling this to ya for you're own good too, why, some crazy psychos would try and kill ya for a stunt like that, some of a' them even have the power to pull it off too." He says, shaking a cautioning finger in Slendy's direction. Being a spook in these parts is dangerous enough without adding assault and ticklery to it.

Sewers

Staring down at the filthy water down below, the Abomination quirks it's head to one side. Something's off about this picture but it can't quite place a claw on exactly what.

That Tai would come all this way only to fall to her doom? That the ripples left by a body hitting the water from this height should be much larger? Details too small for a puny reptile mind to piece together, but nonetheless they register on some subconscious level. Besides, better safe than culled for failure.

Finding a crack in the brickwork, the Abomination hooks it's claws in, searching out another niche in the wall a few feet down and planting it's taloned foot in. It's slow and perilous going, the beast's massive weight threatening to pull it free of it's tenuous handholds at any moment, but in the end, it reaches the pathway through which Tai disappeared within a few minutes.

And now the hunt is back on, crashing through the tunnels after her scent.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seto Kaiba Memorial Tournament

Maya cheers where ever she is watching, assuming that the little kid has one.

Sewers

Tai trail leads a long way through the sewers and ends at cliffs overlooking the ocean. It seems she climbed up to the top.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    ((Oooooh. I see what you did there))

Oh gods. The mechanicus equivalent of an iPad. She's never going to figure the thing out. Cornelia watches the little robot play, then returns her attention to Mia. "Well, um, first question. What is that?" She narrows her eyes at the screen. "Hey, I think I know some o' those people..."
    [DMC]

"It a lower technologie in my world, called touchpad. You can controll it with your fingers while touching the screen just like he does."

She points at the wind up toy I name WUMDM (Wind Up Mini Deus Mechanicus).... let's work on something else.

"I has all the books in his libary and the little one will look out that it allways is charged. Oh and yes I assume someone took famouse people from the nexus and threw them into a game."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #463

The Poor Knight - Later

"Don't worry about it,"
    Kate says, suddenly in a social situation and trying to not let it show that doesn't know what to do next. "Do you know more about Kami? Did that destroy it permanently, or will it just take a bit to re-form?"
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Sewers

Elias investigates the body for some time, poking and prodding, lifting the eyelids, bending the joints, and just generally studying it in rapt fascination.
    The Poor Knight - Later

"That depends madame, how did it come to be in the first place? That one, or one of the same kind can eventually manifest under the same circumstances." Correl replies as the sword returns to him, once again back to it's normal sturdy shape.

Sewers

As Elias approaches the body and starts to poke it, one of it's arms suddenly moves and attempts to take his arm in a iron grip, it's long fingers curling around him so hard it will hurt.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

Elias yelps and tries to pull away. "Hekta! It's not dead!"

Blacklight Street

While this discussion happens, Missy's computer mind is communicating with HQ's computer and ordering a few robots and a teleport lock on beacon to be brought to this location. They can at least leave it watched if they choose to go elsewhere.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-28 at 07:20 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Poor Knight - Later

"Um, it's a Kami of change that formed because I keep getting modified. Will it only re-from if I... feed it? Or will it come back after a time. Also, is it now stuck here, or is it back to... in me? That's a creepy thought."

Kate hopes that this was the last time that she'll get modified... but that's what she's been thinking on and off for a long time now, and she hasn't been right yet.

16. - Top - End - #466

Sewers

The body keeps it's tight grip around Elias as it suddenly looks up, revealing the twisted features of a once-human being. It's lip-less mouth is much wider then any human mouth have any right to be. A massive overbite reveals teeth which have been sharpened into yellow-colored fangs with nasty black spots.
    It's eyes are nothing but two hollow sockets giving clear view of the skeleton underneath it's grey skin.

Hekta don't look sure what to do at first which allows the creature to speak before she can do anything. "Doon't worry booy, I woon't hurt you..." It utters in a guttural voice.

The Poor Knight - Later

"Um, it's a Kami of change that formed because I keep getting modified. Will it only re-from if I... feed it? Or will it come back after a time. Also, is it now stuck here, or is it back to... in me? That's a creepy thought."

Kate hopes that this was the last time that she'll get modified... but that's what she's been thinking on and off for a long time now, and she hasn't been right yet.
    The Poor Knight - Later

"A grave fate madame, but you must remember that kami are concepts. They are like drawings that reality follows. Even if you destroy one another will replace it. It's thankfully very rare they manifest like that one, the best suggestion I can really give you is stop thinking about your modifications as such thoughts fuel it." Correl advises.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-28 at 12:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Poor Knight - Later

Kate shrugs a bit. "Thanks for the hint, but I think too much anyway so it may not be useful. Hope you have a good day!" She turns to go with a slight wave, and will leave without further ado unless Correl has more to say.

18. - Top - End - #468

[Red Zone]

Mrs. Bloodplunder's flail strikes true, driving the Chrysalid back a meter. The hit doesn't seem to hamper it much, as it recovers in a few seconds and hisses. Before it can attack again, it's hit by Ace's card and shocked. It makes a pained noise as it's rooted to the spot, turning its head between its two foes. These humans were powerful, but it did not matter.

[Bakeries]

Iamar draws her dagger again. "She may not be able to reason, but she will comply." What she would rather do is just find whomever is responsible for these mutations, but that wouldn't be so simple.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers - Elias

"Then let go of me, because that hurts!"
    Elias says. He's exaggerating. His arms are thin, but the muscles are strong and wiry from lifting heavy trays of hot bread.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Blacklight Street"This is fantastic," Vul says, groaning. "Since you seem to know so much, 'Zee', what is the Star?"
    "Something terrible."

That isn't very informative, K'rax!

"It is not of my kin. Though similar enough to fall under my jurisdiction. It is a being of immeasurable power and age, though unable or unwilling to act upon the world directly. Instead it will do its work through intermediaries."

Terrible mutated intermediaries.

"I am... uncertain of its goal here. Though without a doubt it does not mean well."

Then Missy complains!

"We are left with little other choice. It can not be assaulted directly. Nor can it be hedged out. But instead its pawn must be dealt with as soon as it is moved. Trust that you will receive word of its location as soon as it appears. I... do not wish to see harm come to the people of the Nexus if it can be avoided."

Quote Originally Posted by Loony!
    Question time! The Doctor loves questions.
    "That they were. Well. I say chasing me, but it was more like attempted murder. Thought I'd lost them when I strategically crashed through the hole in time and space - gonna need to fix that by the way. Holes in time and space are rarely a good thing. Anyway my ship's just up ahead so we can just pop in, drop Miss Robot here off at Victoria's temple and then go for that ice cream. So how'd you get your hand to change into that... gun... thing?"
    Questions!

Amil looks...

Uncomfortable regarding this subject.

"I... eerr..." she fidgets a bit as she considers how to reply. "The Nexus has a nasty habit of doing weird things to people. Normal people especially. And I was pretty normal before it decided that I needed more weird."

Seems she doesn't feel inclined to explain beyond that.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-08-28 at 04:35 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Billie sighs happily. "I've been jake, Vinny. Real swell. I got religion. But don't worry. I checked. I don't have to give up nookie or anything."

Vinny's Place

Vinny raises a tired eyebrow to her, suddenly wondering if she was into one of those cults that needed human sacrifice or something. Hopefully it wouldn't involved him if so. "Who ya with, ma'am?" He asks, hiding the slight tinge of fear in his voice, but unable to mask the slightest of frowns from his face.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Dionysus, the god of jazz and liquor," Billie says. "There's going to be a huge party in Riverside in about a week. City wide. I can't wait!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Vinny's frown deepens as he thinks slowly. He remembered the last party Dio threw, and that had involved an orgy in the front lawn, way too much drink, and people with lower inhibitions than rabbits. If Billie was with that god now, that meant that Vinny was so out-classed that it's not even the slightest bit humorous.

It takes him several minutes to think of that in his tired state, so she'll see his frown deepen. Even so, he doesn't say anything afterward, seeming to accept it.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Billie can see that he's not happy. "Aww, Vinny, don't be like that. I don't wanna lose my favourite squeeze."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Small Park]

Roxie had cut through this park a couple of times on her way to the nicer parts of town. It had always seemed so peaceful, plus it has the nice little river running through it. Which is where she is heading now, there is a little sandbar that she figures will be perfect for her practice.

This mousy little woman has an ability, she can create and control fire. Though she is more then a little afraid of her ability, and doesn't trust her control of it completely. So she sits on the sandbar with a few candles around her, practicing lighting them and making the flames grow larger. She can't seem to put out the fire with her mind though, she has to blow out the candles as she works on lighting several of the candles at once.

She keeps glancing at her watch as she sits practicing, making sure she doesn't sit out too long. She has to go to work eventually.

((Interaction welcomed.))
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-08-28 at 07:02 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

The Market street may have reduced in popularity since Mallside opened, but many people still come here. The street is no less crowded, and the press of bodies suits one shopper well.

Kitty crouches behind a stand selling smoked meats while the owner barters with a customer. While there is no attention on her, Kitty shoves a chunk of meat in her mouth. She pulls up the bottom of her tank top and starts filling it with as much meat as she can carry. She thinks about stopping a few times, but she needs more.

"Hey! Thief!" Oh no. The merchant caught sight of her, and he's already making his way around the stand. The kitsune bolts, narrowly avoiding a few grasping hands. She pushes and shoves her way through the crowd, desperately trying to escape. She can't afford to be caught, and she needs this food.

((Closed scene))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-28 at 07:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

Of all the odd faces in the crowd, one stands...

Okay, no, she doesn't stand out. In the Nexus, nothing short of and including a wookiee in a top hat will stand out. But there is one person here with dark green hair and a light green dress/lab coat that turns around when someone starts yelling about a thief. She isn't too worried, she has no money to steal, but she is somewhat curious about it. She tries to pick out the thief in the crowd, not an easy task, and observe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

Vines! Not tentacles. =I

"Hey, let me go!" Arel's nerves are already fried today, she doesn't want to deal with this right now. She tries t tug the vine away and take a few steps away from the rocketfairies. Not before the one examining her will see that the vine smoothly transitions into her back near the spine. It's very much a part of her.
    The rocketfaireis aren't being forceful, so it is easy enough for Arel to get some distance... but they follow her and try to get additional views of her back... or her eyes.

"Hey! HEY! Gah, how do those doctors do it... don't attack them, it'll only agitate them!" The receptionist has gotten up and is now trying to distract the fairies or something... she doesn't really know what to do in this situation.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

She's not that hard to spot. Just watch where the crowd is being jostled extra hard and a few people are being knocked over. The panicked woman breaks into a reletively clear spot, looks around for a second, and then starts running again, this time headed right in Copi's direction.

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I'm just going to go..." Arel starts backing away slowly, very much on edge. She wants to go home right now and put all of this behind her.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Victoria leads the way back towards that strange blue box the man came in. "That is does." She agrees. "My Dad was pretty normal, then he became a psion and all the power went to his head, literally. He's better now, though. My uncle was normal, too, when he got here, then he got my mother shoved into his head, caught some lycanthropy, died a few times. He got better too. My other uncle is completely insane, but I think he was that way before he got here." The half-fiend rambles a bit. "The Nexus... it shapes the people that come here. Changes them for good or ill. Whatever it does, though, you can bet it will be interesting. Nothing is boring here, at least, not for long. It's as if the very Nexus itself wants life to be interesting. It's almost like it collects interesting things, and people, and places." She gestures at the street they were walking down, its construction an amalgam of eras and architectural styles.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-08-28 at 08:07 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

Copi will just stay still, permitting Kitty to go past. However, Copi takes the time to try and find Kitty's... identity, if you will. Not trying to read her mind, but trying to distinguish her mind from the mess of other minds in the crowd. It's a trick she's been wanting to try.

Lots of Hope Hospital

If Arel gets out the door, the Rocketfairies will not follow, giving the receptionist enough time to make them disperse.