Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

Theren
    AC: 15, HP: 11, Perception: 15
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by nettle3305 View Post
    Spoiler: Theren
    Show
    Theren attempts to leave The Rowdy Jester. The girl tugs his clothes and says, "You forgot to pay, sir. Or is there going to be trouble?"
    pays (if he didn't lose his coins to a pickpocket or in the fall), and gives an additional gold piece as a tip
    In Elvish:
    I thank you for your care

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Evodine Sildacin, Initiate of the Order of the Griffon

Evodine listens to Bredenbent's narrative throughout the morning, nodding and responding in appropriate places. At one point she asks him, "If you're subject to being kidnapped...would I not be safer travelling on my own?"

As far as stopping in the small village she responds, "If we're in no hurry, I wouldn't mind spending a few minutes rummaging through the woods for a few herbs. I wouldn't require more than a quarter mark..."

Show
    If he agrees to pause, she'll do just what she said: Survival check for wild herbs: (d20)[16]
    Investigation check to look in town: (d20+6)[15]

If he wants to push on, she'll look wistfully at the village, but agree to ride on.
    Last edited by Fishybugs; 2016-11-03 at 12:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Gelećek - HP 7/7, AC 14, Perception 13

Glad that he'd missed the man in the rafters (he'd been a bit worried for a moment about being outnumbered), Gelećek decided he didn't want to appear selfish in the aftermath; judging his closest opponent's speed, he decides the guy with the crossbow is the bigger immediate danger to himself and the Halfling. Grateful his spells reach further than a sword-blade he intones again and runs.

-----
    Cast Cantip: Chill Touch on the guy in the orange diamond with the crossbow.

Attack: (d20+5)[7]
    Damage: (d8)[5]
    Crit: (d8)[1]

Spectral hand appears and grabs at his arm. If it hits, it remains attached until my next turn, preventing him from recovering hit points. If he is actually undead, he has disadvantage on attack rolls against me too.

Movement noted by green line. Again duck down behind a crate once I finish.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2016-11-03 at 01:54 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Errich & Gelećek
    Show
    Having no time to toss the finely-dressed man a weapon (this would take an action), Errich runs to the crossbow-wielder and strikes with his shortsword. The sword goes deep and leaves a gaping wound. The crossbow-wielder looks to be in great pain.

Gelećek's cantrip, taking the form of a ghostly, disembodied hand, strikes a crate behind the crossbow-wielder. The hand disappears with a swirl and the crate looks worse for the wear.

The fight near the finely-dressed man intensifies, with crossbow bolts flying through the air and swords swinging in the mass of people. The cloaked figures attack the man, his companion greataxe-wielder, and the man who dropped from the rafters. The greataxe-wielder takes two hits from a sword but does not flinch. He brings his greataxe down upon the card player in a clean hit, splitting the card player's torso. The card player falls to the floor, motionless with blood pooling around him. In the meantime, the finely-dressed man ducks a scimitar and says, "I'm okay!"

The cloaked person with a scimitar who was dashing for Gelećek sees Errich strike the crossbow-wielder and decides instead to attack Errich. He runs, hopping over a crate, and swings for the halfling. He hits. (For (1d6+1)[3] damage.)

The crossbow-wielder Errich attacked fires off a bolt in panic. It hits the ceiling and showers splinters on the floor. He then runs from Errich, who takes the opportunity to strike again. (Opportunity attack.) (1d20+5)[16] (1d6+3)[7]

Spoiler: Astella
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    "Both of you stay the hell away from the boy," She says gesturing her crossbow threateningly at the two men. "I am the one with a crossbow who already had you both try and murder her in cold blood and who is quickly running out of patience, now I want actual answers, and I am going to get them from the one of you who has not actually tried to kill me today since I don't trust one piece of horse**** that spills out of your mouth. What kind of person needs an armed mercenary to send their child to school?" She half sighs, half growls, and then looks at the boy, "Can you tell me what happened?" Before he can answer, though, she looks at the other two with murder in her eyes, "One word from either of you before he has had his chance to finish telling his story and I will shoot you."
    The boy looks at Astella warily and says, "Well, I still don't know who you are, but what happened is these men were kidnapping me. Which is apparently fine with the town militia, being that one of the kidnappers is my pa."

The manic man looks as if he wants to interrupt, but he glances at crossbow pointed at him and decides to stay silent.

The boy continues. "Oh, I'm sure they fed you some tale of sending me to boarding school. They tried to get me to behave with that line. Dumb story. Do either of them look rich enough to pay for school? Plus the man's a Green Arrow, which means he's probably into slavery. I can put two and two together. So I did just that, grabbed my pa's knife when he wasn't looking, and stabbed the merc. My pa wrestled the knife from me 'cause he's a giant wimp who only takes on people half his size. Then I guess he decided I needed to be punished so he stabbed me. At least the Green Arrow has the sense not to damage their goods." The boy looks between his father and the Green Arrow member coolly. "I say you shoot the merc. He can make your life real hard if you leave him be, since Borden's corrupt to the core and Green Arrow's bought out most of its politicians. Either way... I don't know where you're going, Miss, but take me with you. I've had enough of this life."

Spoiler: Guhzunthite
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Guhzunthite groan, tell his lizardfolk teammate: " We need to scarm, full speed. Our horses are fresh from teh morning and we dont carry lots of cargo. I'll rather not trust people who are using this backwater road and avoid teh main road, not after they got robbed like this. If yuou have a way to attack at range, help me protect the back this group. "

Once he get teh approuval of his lizardfolk friend, he go see Ester: " Miss, we have to go, as soon as possible. We cant let those riders catch us. I wouldnt be taking any chance if I was you. Regroup everyone. Go with the food and the childrens in the wagon in the front. I'll be in the last wagon with my scaly fellow protecting our back."
    The group finishes packing within minutes and is ready to go. It splits, with Lothzar and Guhzunthite taking the back and the humans up front with their horse and cart. "We'll be a bit far up," says Esther to the two lizardfolk.

"I think perhaps we're overreacting," says Lothzar, "but no matter. It's usually smart to be safe."

The group leaves the road and enters the wet woodlands. The trees are dark and willowy and small ferns cover the ground. Bogs are plentiful and the driver is careful to pick a path on solid earth. Fortunately, his skill is more than sufficient for the task, and he manages to guide the horse and cart through the woods without much difficulty. After several dozen minutes, Guhzunthite can see dust swirl above the trail where the group camped.

An hour passes and there is no longer any indication of where the riders are. Lothzar believes that the group is not being followed. "We should head back to the road," he says, "lest we lose any more time wandering these wilds. Our pace has been slow thus far."

Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    Stran scales the log walls and pulls himself onto the sloped roof. (Acrobatics check.) (1d20+3)[23]

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I thank you for your care
    The girl takes the gold with a surprised gasp and replies in Elvish, "Thank you!"

Theren leaves The Rowdy Jester and searches for Jenfeld Circle. (Investigation check.) (1d20-1)[12]

Spoiler: Evodine
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    Evodine listens to Bredenbent's narrative throughout the morning, nodding and responding in appropriate places. At one point she asks him, "If you're subject to being kidnapped...would I not be safer travelling on my own?"
    "Never said I was traveling with you for your sake," says Bredenbent with a small smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    "If we're in no hurry, I wouldn't mind spending a few minutes rummaging through the woods for a few herbs. I wouldn't require more than a quarter mark..."
    Bredenbent agrees to stop. He leads Evodine to one of the village's larger buildings and dismounts his horse by its walls. "This is their 'tavern'," he says. "When you're done you'll find me here."

Evodine finds half-a-pound of buckthorn while scavenging the nearby woods. Afterwards she returns to the village and looks for general information. Apparently times are not so great: Bears are getting aggressive and bandit raids have become more common. The local hunters feel that boars, their primary source of food and export, are becoming scarcer, and those they do find are unusually skittish. (Two Nature checks.) (1d20+2)[19] (1d20+2)[16] "Wish I were a mage," grumbles one hunter, "so I have some way of dealin' with strangeness such as this that isn't jus' me goin' to church and prayin'. But if I could pay for school, then I wouldn't have to hunt."

The village tavern is small and ramshackle. Its tables and chairs are either dirty, broken, or both, and its denizens are dressed in rags. Bredenbent is at a table speaking to the tavern keeper, a man just as grubby as his establishment. "Come now," says Bredenbent, "have I ever been anything but a friend?"

The tavern keeper shrugs. "You only come to me when you need something. And this time you're not even offering gold."

"Well, if it's gold you want..." Bredenbent pulls a gold coin from his belt pouch. "But you'll have to earn it. So I ask again, why are the caravans emptier than usual?"

"One of the traders told me it's 'cause they lost a mine down south." (Insight check.) (1d20+2)[17]
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-11-04 at 02:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Guhzunthite sigh: " Better safe then sorry. We are guarding childrens and we are not on a well known road. Being careful is a priority. Beside, this road will still save us time, even if its only one day and a half of travel. Let's go. You can go scavenge some food for now for the time we get to return to the main road? By the time we do so, at least it would save us some of the rations we used. "

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Errich's attack brings the crossbow-wielder down.

The man who dropped from the rafters dashes between the cloaked figures, striking in between blinks with his shortsword. He manages to badly injure the person attacking the finely-dressed man. His target staggers a bit, apparently able to weather the shock of his wounds, but suddenly collapses as though his heart just stopped.

(It is once again Errich's turn, then immediately after Gelećek's.)

Show
    Stran lightly walks upon the sloped roof with no difficulty and makes his way to the opening. Approaching, Stran sees an empty hallway with offices on either side. A closed door at the far end appears to lead to the main warehouse storage. Stran hears whistling from within one of the offices. A seaside shanty tune.

Show
    Theren manages to get directions to the Circle by asking around. He heads for his destination.

Jenfeld Circle is in the slums, with dark, narrow streets and grungy buildings. The denizens are wood elves, most in torn, dirty clothing, plying their trades in craft or artisan shops or selling food from carts. As Theren walks the streets, he sees an elf woman backed up against a wall, being harassed by two large human men. She is carrying a basket of linens.

"How 'bout you come with us, darling?" says a man. "You need a big, strong human to protect you." The other man snickers.

"P-Please," says the woman, "I want to go home."

The streets are quite crowded, but no one tries to intervene. Elves whisper among themselves, making noises of disgust or shame. Some look on the spectacle sadly, others angrily. Many just walk by quickly, averting their eyes.

Show
    Evodine believes the bears are aggressive for two reasons. One, they will be hibernating in a few months, so they are on the prowl for food. Lots of food. Two, if boar populations are reducing, then desperate bears will attack even humans, and less desperate ones will still approach human settlements to search for scraps.

With regards to boars, Evodine is reasonably certain that the current season, even with the bears, should not lead to the significantly lower populations that are being reported. Moreover, the skittish behaviors, as described by local hunters, are well outside of normal boar activity, indicating either an artificial cause or a change in environment.

Evodine is pretty sure the tavern keeper is making stuff up. Bredenbent seems to have caught on as well, sighing and putting the gold piece back in his pouch. "If you don't know, why lie to me? Either way, you're not getting anything."

Show
    "We will travel half as fast off the trail," said Lothzar, "but as we're currently here, I will try to forage." He leaves the group.

In an hour he returns with two dead marsh rabbits, a handful of some kind of red berry, and a filled waterskin. "Food," he says simply. "Now, do we return to the trail or not?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Theren
    AC: 15, HP: 11, Perception: 15

Show

Show
    Theren manages to get directions to the Circle by asking around. He heads for his destination.

Jenfeld Circle is in the slums, with dark, narrow streets and grungy buildings. The denizens are wood elves, most in torn, dirty clothing, plying their trades in craft or artisan shops or selling food from carts. As Theren walks the streets, he sees an elf woman backed up against a wall, being harassed by two large human men. She is carrying a basket of linens.

"How 'bout you come with us, darling?" says a man. "You need a big, strong human to protect you." The other man snickers.

The streets are quite crowded, but no one tries to intervene. Elves whisper among themselves, making noises of disgust or shame. Some look on the spectacle sadly, others angrily. Many just walk by quickly, averting their eyes.
    Arrow from Longbow to human head,
    Initiative: (d20+3)[17]
    Attack: (d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (d8+3)[6]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Show
    Errich's attack brings the crossbow-wielder down.

The man who dropped from the rafters dashes between the cloaked figures, striking in between blinks with his shortsword. He manages to badly injure the person attacking the finely-dressed man. His target staggers a bit, apparently able to weather the shock of his wounds, but suddenly collapses as though his heart just stopped.

(It is once again Errich's turn, then immediately after Gelećek's.)

Show
    Stran lightly walks upon the sloped roof with no difficulty and makes his way to the opening. Approaching, Stran sees an empty hallway with offices on either side. A closed door at the far end appears to lead to the main warehouse storage. Stran hears whistling from within one of the offices. A seaside shanty tune.

Show

Show
    Evodine believes the bears are aggressive for two reasons. One, they will be hibernating in a few months, so they are on the prowl for food. Lots of food. Two, if boar populations are reducing, then desperate bears will attack even humans, and less desperate ones will still approach human settlements to search for scraps.

With regards to boars, Evodine is reasonably certain that the current season, even with the bears, should not lead to the significantly lower populations that are being reported. Moreover, the skittish behaviors, as described by local hunters, are well outside of normal boar activity, indicating either an artificial cause or a change in environment.

Evodine is pretty sure the tavern keeper is making stuff up. Bredenbent seems to have caught on as well, sighing and putting the gold piece back in his pouch. "If you don't know, why lie to me? Either way, you're not getting anything."

Show
    "We will travel half as fast off the trail," said Lothzar, "but as we're currently here, I will try to forage." He leaves the group.

In an hour he returns with two dead marsh rabbits, a handful of some kind of red berry, and a filled waterskin. "Food," he says simply. "Now, do we return to the trail or not?"

" Yeah, let's return on the trail. Then we can hurry along. With luck, we wont be meeting anyone else, this road isnt supposed to be used a lot."

He give the food to Ester and her folks with a smile: " That's for the breakfast this morning. It should make up for it. "

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I know that Errich has both of his swords drawn, as drawing it would be action number three.

Erich's response to being hit is to cuss out the assassins.

"Fricking assassins! In my dutchy I had to deal with bastards like you, willing to kill good men for money all too much.

With that, he spins on his feet, smiling savagely as he attempts to plunge his twin blades into the torso of the man.
    After that he tosses a blade to the finely dressed man after shouting for his attention, and picks up the assassins hand crossbow (if the assassin is dead)
    Attack rolls
    (d20+5)[9]
    (d20+5)[21]
    Damage
    (d6+3)[8]
    (d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by Saint Jimmy; 2016-11-04 at 04:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

Looks at the two men. The boy's story makes sense. Theirs doesn't. You don't have a mercenary to take a child to school, even a problem one. Also they tried to kill her, after hiding in the bushes, if that doesn't read guilty nothing does. Without the boy's story she might have accepted something about magical compulsion, or some taint that touched their minds, and that might still be true, but if the mercenary is dangerous he's dangerous. Still she does try to get a gauge for the boy's trustworthiness, though if nothing reads amiss she shoots the mercenary without another moment of hesitation.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Insight (1d20)[3]

Assuming nothing pings, attack on the mercenary (1d20+5)[14] on a hit (1d8+3)[6] and on a crit (1d8)[4].

Also can I make a ... um History? Int? Some type of roll to see what she'd know about the Green Arrows? Int roll? (1d20+1)[5].
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Evodine Sildacin, Initiate of the Order of the Griffon

Evodine walks in on the tail end of the conversation. "Thanks for stopping. I found enough Buckthorn to prevent heart pains for a year. I'm ready whenever you are." She pays the man behind the bar to refill her waterskin with clean water, and purchases a skin full of wine as well.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Gelećek

Gelećek's divination training was that we can choose the action, but not the outcome, ergo his cantrip was always going to miss and it was his fault for not recognising that in advance and choosing another action.

That fact did not stop him quietly cursing out the assassin for it before throwing another.

-----
    Cast Cantrip: Chill Touch on the assassin next to Errich (right of the dead crossbow diamond guy). If he is already dead from Errich's attack, cantrip goes to the top left assassin I put in a green square

Attack: (d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (d8)[7]
    Crit: (d8)[3]

No movement this turn. Duck back down beside the crate after casting.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2016-11-04 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Depending on Errich's success
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223

Stran slips into the hallway, keeping his step silent and his hearing sharp. He reaches down and pulls out his battleax with both hands, ready to strike at a moments notice. Stran slowly works his way down the hall, stopping at the room where the whistling is coming from, putting his ear up to the closed door, trying to determine how many people are in the room, and how close they are to the door.

Spoiler: Check time
    Show
    Gotta stay sneaky with my Stealth roll of (1d20+5)[21] and listen close with a Perception check of (1d20+1)[6].
    I walk away from the corpse...eyelids fluttering in the wind.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    In a crowd of elves, Theren nocks an arrow and aims his bow at one of the humans without either human seeing him. The nearby elves, however, look at him with shock on their faces. Before anyone has a chance to react, he lets loose his arrow and strikes his target in the shoulder.

(Because Roll20 is allergic to splitting parties, we'll wait for the other concurrent encounter to resolve before moving onto yours. Alternatively, if you log on the same time I'm on at least once, then I can pull you onto a different map.)

Show
    " Yeah, let's return on the trail. Then we can hurry along. With luck, we wont be meeting anyone else, this road isnt supposed to be used a lot."
    "Yes," says Lothzar, "I'm eager to be on our way."

" That's for the breakfast this morning. It should make up for it. "
    Esther looks confused as she accepts the foraged food. "Breakfast this morning...?"

"Ah," says the cart driver, "he ate some of our stock. It looks like he's returning the favor. Fresh meat and fruits, what's more."

Within half-an-hour, the group is back on the dirt trail. The noon sun's beams fall through the woodland's canopy. (Perception check.) (Intelligence check.)

Show
    Errich misses his first attack but strikes a solid blow with his second. His sword cuts deep into the cloaked figure's side. The figure gasps in pain and staggers, blood streaming out from under his cloak and staining its fabrics. Gelećek's spell strikes before he could regain balance, reducing him to a crumpled, bloody heap on the ground.

The finely-dressed man picks up a scimitar from one of the fallen cloaked figures and yells, "Ha, ha! Back in the game!" He runs into the fray and attacks one of his companion's assailants. He misses, says, "Oops," and quickly backs up, but not before taking a glancing blow from the assailant. "Ow!"

Enraged, the companion executes a brutal swing at the assailant. The assailant avoids the worst of the attack, but still takes a painful hit to his side. He staggers.

The other cloaked figures continue their attacks. The man who dropped from the rafters takes a glancing hit from a scimitar but barely reacts. When his attacker backs up, he strikes his attacker cleanly, spilling blood on nearby crates. His attacker staggers back. The companion dodges an attack but is hit by another one. He shrugs off the blow and ducks a bolt flying by.

Errich is struck by a bolt. (The shooter is boxed in green. Errich takes (1d8+1)[3] damage.)

The man who dropped from the rafters attempts to finish off the cloaked figure who attacked him. He draws his crossbow and shoots true, striking the figure on the hip. The figure drops to the floor, motionless.

(It is now Errich's turn, then immediately after Gelećek's.)

Show
    Astella's first bolt hits the mercenary. The mercenary cries in alarm, turns, and dashes away, dripping blood as he runs. He is still close enough for Astella to shoot at again twice. Afterwards, Astella either has to give chase or shoot past normal range.

The manic man is frozen with fear. The boy, on the other hand, gives Astella a curious look and says, "Well, you're certainly not Army. So who are you, again?"

Astella does not feel she has a good grasp on the boy. She knows nothing of the Green Arrow Mercenary Company.

Show
    Evodine's purchases come out to four silver.

In a moment, she and Bredenbent are back on the trail, the verdant woodlands rushing by. Day turns to noon, and noon to dusk, as the air grows cooler and the wind blows stronger. The trail is now in the thick of the woods, and even with the dusk light, Bredenbent had to light a lantern to see at all. Besides the trees rustling in the wind, it is quiet, with little in the way of small animal or insect sounds. Additionally, in the past four hours since leaving the hunting hamlet, Evodine and Bredenbent have only run into two other travelers. The second of the travelers was an Army messenger, who only paused briefly to give greetings before riding past.

In the dark of the woods, illuminated only by the lantern he carried, Bredenbent stops his horse and says, "Let's set camp. We've still a long ways to go and I do not wish to strain ourselves." He ties his horse to a tree and begins putting up his tent. The wind picks up in the meantime and begins to howl. "Lovely night," he says, shivering, "I think I'll leave my lantern out since I don't think we'll get a fire started. Cold food tonight!"

Show
    Stran soundlessly pulls himself over the opening, drops into the hallway, and inches up to the room with the whistling. The whistling only comes from one voice. He cannot hear anyone else.
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-11-05 at 02:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

She of course takes another shot at the fleeing man, moving after him at a regular pace as she does so. "A passerby," She says fairly flatly. After all that's all she had been when this happened. "Who didn't like being stabbed at, lied to, or having a weapon pointed at her."

Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[22] to hit (1d8+3)[11] damage (1d8)[3] extra on a crit.

If I should go ahead and make the 2nd attack just in case (1d20+5)[8] to hit (1d8+3)[11] damage (1d8)[6] on a crit.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Astella's first shot hits but the second misses. The man stumbles as he is hit, bleeding profusely, but continues to run. "Wow," says the boy, "he's pretty tough. I wonder if all cityfolk are like that."

The man is now beyond the normal range of Astella's crossbow. She can shoot twice more before the mercenary passes beyond her maximum range and is completely gone, or she can give chase. (Or, if she has another idea...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    "A passerby," She says fairly flatly. After all that's all she had been when this happened. "Who didn't like being stabbed at, lied to, or having a weapon pointed at her."
    "Okay, Miss," says the boy, "I'm also not a fan of those things too. Um... No offense, lady, but he's getting away."
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-11-05 at 03:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Erich spits out a curse as the bolt bit into him. After feeling the blood where he was stabbed, he decides that it's better to play it safe for now. He sheaths both of his blades as he crouches, and picks up the fallen assassin's crossbow, and fires back at his attacker. He then quickly drops to the floor.

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show

So I think that crouching to pick up the crossbow and sheathing the swords counts as one action, as he is doing the, at the exact same time, and dropping is a free action I believe. If not, please tell me so I can change my turn.
    Attack roll: (d20+5)[10]
    Damage roll: (d6+3)[4]
    EDIT
    shoot I used the wrong damage die. Reroll here
    ACTUAL DAMAGE: [roll]d6+3[/roll]
    Gosh darn it it still won't work. Oh well, the ten most likely won't hit.
    Last edited by Saint Jimmy; 2016-11-05 at 03:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Gelećek

Gelećek continues his spell assault, popping up to throw another spectral hand before ducking down again and shuffling around to the other side of his crate.

-----
    Cast Cantrip: Chill Touch on green square assassin with the crossbow. If Errich's attack drops him first, spell goes to the turquoise square assassin instead.

Attack: (d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (d8)[7]
    Crit: (d8)[8]

Move along the green line (10ft) to the other side of the crate. Duck down again.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2016-11-05 at 03:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Show

"Yes," says Lothzar, "I'm eager to be on our way."

Esther looks confused as she accepts the foraged food. "Breakfast this morning...?"

"Ah," says the cart driver, "he ate some of our stock. It looks like he's returning the favor. Fresh meat and fruits, what's more."

Within half-an-hour, the group is back on the dirt trail. The noon sun's beams fall through the woodland's canopy. (Perception check.) (Intelligence check.)
    " Esther, do you know someone in Boden who could make me travel clotches? Or at least is selling clotches for lizardfolks? "

The lizardfolk try to do some light conversation with her while looking around, on guard...

Spoiler: My rolls
    Show
    I rolled a Perception roll of 15 and a Intelligence roll of 20 (total for both, critical hit on Intelligence check lol)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-11-05 at 03:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

Takes one last shot at the man before glancing at the boy and saying, "If he's as dangerous as you say we better run after him." Then she takes off to give chase.

Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[20] Disadvantage (1d20+5)[6] Damage (1d8+3)[11].

If he's within 120 ft still she'll just use eldritch blast (no range disadvantage) for (1d10)[1] damage.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #231

' The whistler couldn't be to far from the door, right? ' Stran thought to himself. ' I mean, it'll sure be a surprise for me to flip the corner and knock him out with a clean swipe...yeah. ' Stran makes his decision, and chooses to turn on his toes quickly and rush the man with his axe, ready to use both arms to make this fight a one hit interaction.

Spoiler: Check
    Show
    Stran will quickly run at the man and try to knock him out with a single blow, rolling to hit with an Attack of [roll]1d20+3[/roll] and the possible Damage being (1d10+1)[3]
    Last edited by DJCamWozzle; 2016-11-05 at 05:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Astella fires off a beam of crackling energy which just grazes the mercenary's arm. The mercenary continues running, dripping blood on the trail. "Aw," says the boy, "well, if you're going to give chase, then so am I. I ain't sticking around here with the guy who tried to sell me off. Also: Damn, you can do magic, Miss? Can you teach me? Later, I mean." The manic man is still frozen with fear, though his stare seems to have turned from Astella's crossbow to the wielder herself.

Astella dashes after the mercenary, followed closely behind by the boy. The mercenary turns a sharp right and heads into the woods, which are sparse enough to see through easily, but are on rocky, hilly terrain with ravines and nettle aplenty.

The mercenary dashes up a hill, still dripping blood as he goes, and jumps a ravine. He barely clears the gap and lands on a small patch of nettle which brushes his lower legs. Swearing and cursing, he continues to run, apparently unabated.

Astella can cross the ravine by jumping (Athletics check) or balancing on a fallen tree (Acrobatics check).

Show
    The attacker quickly ducks Errich's bolt but is hit squarely by Gelećek's spell. He yelps as the necrotic energy seeps into his side.

The finely-dressed man charges once again at the assailant he had previously tried to attack, swinging more cleanly this time and slashing a gaping wound in the assailant's torso. The assailant crumples to the floor. The man's companion roars a battle cry and swings at his remaining assailant, instantly reducing his target to a bloody heap on the ground.

The two remaining cloaked figures see their fallen friends and dash for the exits nearest them. The man who dropped from the rafters fires a bolt at one headed for the back entrance, but misses, the bolt striking instead the door frame next to the fleeing figure's head. Without missing a beat, the man sheaths his sword, straps his crossbow to his belt, and says, "So it's done. So much for an ambush."

(It is now Errich and Gelećek's turn. The only thing that remains is to take shots at the fleeing cloaked figures, then combat ends. Alternatively, if you don't plan on doing that, then combat just ends right now.)

Show
    " Esther, do you know someone in Boden who could make me travel clotches? Or at least is selling clotches for lizardfolks? "
    "No doubt," says Esther, "there are some retailers who routinely stock clothes for lizardfolk. Borden is a large and diverse enough city that I should expect it. But off the top of my head I know of none who do so. If you have coin to drop, there are two exceptional tailors I know of who can no doubt fit anything on anyone. One is on retainer for an establishment called Belia's Rest in the Nobles' Quarter. He's an older gnome, goes by Wredon. Gentle, likes to listen, loves his craft. I admire him. The other is in the Artisans' District. She owns a shop called The Argent Couture and goes by Ilsevel. Stunningly beautiful elf, very sharp and intelligent about her work. As I recall, the Queen herself had Ilsevel on retainer for a while, which speaks for her skill and talent."

Guhzunthite spots the hoof-prints left by the riders the group avoided earlier. There are eight unique prints in all, and all eight seem to be wearing horseshoes—and quality horseshoes at that. It is unlikely that any mean bandit would use precious metal on their horses, and significantly more unlikely that they would have anyone who can professionally fit horseshoes, which is what the prints indicate. This meant the horses were either military-bred or show horses. The former seems more likely given the locale.

Show
    Stran quickly dashes into the room. He sees on one side a desk, a stack of papers, and a sailor sitting behind the desk. On the other side he sees shelves filled with souvenirs and framed paintings, the former an odd assortment of mostly figurines and statuettes, the latter mostly depicting coastal city landscapes. The sailor is reclining on his chair, reading some document, and whistling a sea shanty.

Stran steps around the desk and hits the sailor. The sailor yelps, stands, clutches his bleeding wound, and staggers back. His papers fall to the floor. Cargo manifests.

"Ow!" says the sailor. "What is this, a robbery? I have nothing valuable."

(Roll for initiative if you plan on continuing the attack.)
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-11-05 at 10:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

Doesn't answer the boy at the moment, except with a curt, "Run don't talk." She sprints after the mercenary, trying to balance her way across the beam as she follows him. He fell to her sleep spell, but he was wounded and the rest... still she felt certain one more good shot should do him in if she could just get the chance.

Show
    Acrobatics (1d20+3)[6]

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The lizardfolk point out: " Thanks for the information. Although I think that elf you mention might be too high class for my current need. I like to look good but as a adventurer, I cant afford expensive good looking outfits, especially if they are gonna be milled down a lot on the roads. "

He point up ahead:

" And oh, It looks like I was too careful earlier. Look, those hoofprints a bit further... Their probably from teh group we dodged this morning. There are eight unique prints in all, and all eight seem to be wearing horseshoes—and quality horseshoes at that. It is unlikely that any mean bandit would use precious metal on their horses, and significantly more unlikely that they would have anyone who can professionally fit horseshoes, which is what the prints indicate. This meant the horses were either military-bred or show horses. The former seems more likely given the locale. "

He tried to impress her with his deduction skills.

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    Rolled 18 for a Persuasion check to impress her with my intelligence
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-11-06 at 10:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Gelećek

Gelećek throws a final spell at the assassin fleeing past him. Once the dust settles and assuming nobody else attacks (and the three don't suddenly turn on Errich or him) he will pop his head out again and walk around the crates, cleaning himself off as he goes.

Well that was intense, glad I got to experience it. You know. From a distance.

Whilst quite glad he hadn't ended up bleeding all over the place like everyone else, Gelećek had apparently walked into a political thriller story and kept a clear line between him and the south exit to dash through if anyone else suddenly popped up.

-----
    Cast Cantrip: Chill Touch on fleeing green square assassin.
    Attack: [roll]d20+5[roll]
    Damage: (d8)[2]
    Crit: (d8)[1]

Cast Cantrip: Prestidigitation to clean my clothes and self.

If there's a light crossbow going spare at some point from a defeated opponent, he'll snag it. Obviously any generally acceptable looting for cash and supplies would also be good. But only if it's not going to get me shot.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2016-11-06 at 01:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Gelećek

-----
    Attack: (d20+5)[20]

Let try that again.

27. - Top - End - #237

Stran holds his axe up, ready to strike at a moments notice. "You cooperate, you live. Tell me everything you know about the cargo aboard the Red Jailer and why it's so important to Thorn Trickstone."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Astella loses her balance and falls into the ravine (for (1d6)[1] damage). She tumbles down rock and bushes and lands in the shallow stream below. Above, she sees the boy attempt to jump the gap. His foot catches on a rock and he falls as well, tumbling down the steep terrain into a bush. He emerges from the bush with a few scratches and cuts, which pale in comparison to his still-visible knife wounds. He looks a bit dazed from his plummet.

"Uh..." says the boy incoherently.

The mercenary is now long gone, but Astella can still attempt to track him (Survival check).

Show
    " Thanks for the information. Although I think that elf you mention might be too high class for my current need. I like to look good but as a adventurer, I cant afford expensive good looking outfits, especially if they are gonna be milled down a lot on the roads. "
    Esther shrugs. "That's fair. I myself can't afford that lifestyle, though I've had the pleasure of having tea with Ilsevel twice. Perks of working for a bank, I suppose. Definitely consider Wredon at Belia's Rest, though; he tailored my dress clothes, and they've served me well through several years of stately dinners and meetings with officials."

" And oh, It looks like I was too careful earlier. Look, those hoofprints a bit further... Their probably from teh group we dodged this morning. There are eight unique prints in all, and all eight seem to be wearing horseshoes—and quality horseshoes at that. It is unlikely that any mean bandit would use precious metal on their horses, and significantly more unlikely that they would have anyone who can professionally fit horseshoes, which is what the prints indicate. This meant the horses were either military-bred or show horses. The former seems more likely given the locale. "
    "Sharp eye," says Esther, "though if it was military, then I'd say leaving the road was an error."

Lothzar shakes his head. "Why do they come? Arashk has always been friendly to non-lizardfolk." He looks down the road with worry.

"Might be too late to do anything," says the cart driver. "Should we keep going?"

Show
    The figure is struck by Gelećek's spell. He stumbles, but keeps running.

Show
    (Intimidation check with advantage.) (1d20-1)[8] (1d20-1)[2]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Guhzunthite shake his head: " We have a timed mission here anyway. We need to get to Borden as soon as possible to not take too much rations on our way back. Beside, even if it was a error, I don't regret it. They COULD be performers on the road, what I said was only a assumption. So let's just continue our journey. Im a lizardfolk of my words so I WILL bring this cargo back to Borden as soon as possible! If anything, us lizardfolk can hide in the waggon."

He then take out the medallion of her late husband, give it back to her after a moment of thinking: " Hummm... I figure I can let you have it for now, at least until we reach Borden. If we get seperated or we are killed protecting this wagon, I would hate for you to get seperated from it permanently. Count it as a show of trust. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-11-06 at 01:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

At this point she's committed. The man is a threat, whatever a threat he is he is now more of one if he gets away. She has to follow after him. She attempts to follow the tracks.

Show
    Survival (1d20+2)[7]

Current Projects: