New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

I have a character for The Sea Scoundrels Plot. Since it appears that my ABR Gets Real plot isn't catching on.

Threeshades, tell me if this character would be able to fit into the plot or if you think he'll be overpowered. Because really, I can't tell at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Malaria 87 (Nickname: Mal)
    Race: Furon (an alien race from the Destroy All Humans videogames).
    Age: 3 (His line of clones have existed for over 300 years, but it's only been three years since he was last cloned)
    Powers: PK, weak mind-reading (that is, he can only read a one random thought at a time that usually doesn't mean anything), Transmogrification (to turn inanimate objects into ammo)
    Weapons: Zap-O-Matic (A gun that zaps foes with fairly weak lightning. A very weak model), Ion Detonator (a grenade launcher that's grenades sticks to targets)
    Weaknesses: Incredibly physically weak, cannot swim (he dies instantly if he touches water, which is a pretty big firggen weakness in a boat-themed plot)

Mal is an alien scout from Furon sent to scout Avbaroy. His saucer crashed into the sea of Avbaroy. He couldn't swim, so his death seemed very likely. Luckily, he was rescued by the pirates, who he joined. His saucer sunk, along with most of his alien technology, including his weapons and cloning machine. Because of this, he cannot return home, and he is now mortal. He cannot revive himself through cloning.

He serves as a warrior aboard the pirate ship, although he usually stays behind and supplies the cannonballs with his Ion Detonator. He can hold his own in a fight, but usually chooses not to go off into battle because he is mortal now, has no energy shield to defend himself, is pretty weak, and if he falls off the side of the boat he's toast.

He is pretty unwise, which isn't uncommon among his race. He is very quick to anger. He is, however, very intelligent, which he needs to be to use PK. He is very perverted, which again is not uncommon amoung his race since Crypto came back with human DNA in Destroy All Humans, Path Of The Furon. However, he is pretty calm in comparison to most members of his race, and is usually the last on to go off into battle (this would make him a "Non-Action Guy" in the plot, I guess). He is somewhat more sensitive then a lot of Furons, and shows a lot more depth then you might expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Hey guys, my hearing is getting progressively worse and its making me kind of depressed.

Sorry I havent been on for a while.
    Dude. Sorry to hear that. I remember you said you had that ear problem a long time ago.

Hope you get better.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Just two things, Q.
    What is PK?
    And I don't think we've decided on a name for the place yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

@Q: It's a midget in a rubber suit !
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-16 at 10:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

This new plot thing looks interesting. Anyone care to enlighten me?

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This new plot thing looks interesting. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Pirates, mega huge-*ss ocean with very few islands, anything goes.

@V: Anything goes, even magic.
    Last edited by Lemming; 2009-08-16 at 10:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Pirates, mega huge-*ss ocean with very few islands, anything goes.
    I'm taking it's non-magic though, right?

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Just two things, Q.
    What is PK?
    Psychokenisis. I just said "PK" because I'm not entirely sure if that's the correct spelling.

It's moving objects with your mind. A key power the furons have in the Destroy All Humans games.

I'm taking it's non-magic though, right?
    WRONG!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-16 at 10:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Psychokenisis. I just said "PK" because I'm not entirely sure if that's the correct spelling.

It's moving objects with your mind. A key power the furons have in the Destroy All Humans games.

WRONG!
    You know, for once I actually vote for a non-magical world. Or at least one where people can't just use it without certain items or in certain circumstances. It would be pretty interesting to see a world with no random magic.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-08-16 at 10:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

So what'd I miss in the past week? SOmething about pirates?
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm.. Are there vikings in this plot?

11. - Top - End - #491

Anything goes!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

I have a character for The Sea Scoundrels Plot. Since it appears that my ABR Gets Real plot isn't catching on.

Threeshades, tell me if this character would be able to fit into the plot or if you think he'll be overpowered. Because really, I can't tell at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Malaria 87 (Nickname: Mal)
    Race: Furon (an alien race from the Destroy All Humans videogames).
    Age: 3 (His line of clones have existed for over 300 years, but it's only been three years since he was last cloned)
    Powers: PK, weak mind-reading (that is, he can only read a one random thought at a time that usually doesn't mean anything), Transmogrification (to turn inanimate objects into ammo)
    Weapons: Zap-O-Matic (A gun that zaps foes with fairly weak lightning. A very weak model), Ion Detonator (a grenade launcher that's grenades sticks to targets)
    Weaknesses: Incredibly physically weak, cannot swim (he dies instantly if he touches water, which is a pretty big firggen weakness in a boat-themed plot)

Mal is an alien scout from Furon sent to scout Avbaroy. His saucer crashed into the sea of Avbaroy. He couldn't swim, so his death seemed very likely. Luckily, he was rescued by the pirates, who he joined. His saucer sunk, along with most of his alien technology, including his weapons and cloning machine. Because of this, he cannot return home, and he is now mortal. He cannot revive himself through cloning.

He serves as a warrior aboard the pirate ship, although he usually stays behind and supplies the cannonballs with his Ion Detonator. He can hold his own in a fight, but usually chooses not to go off into battle because he is mortal now, has no energy shield to defend himself, is pretty weak, and if he falls off the side of the boat he's toast.

He is pretty unwise, which isn't uncommon among his race. He is very quick to anger. He is, however, very intelligent, which he needs to be to use PK. He is very perverted, which again is not uncommon amoung his race since Crypto came back with human DNA in Destroy All Humans, Path Of The Furon. However, he is pretty calm in comparison to most members of his race, and is usually the last on to go off into battle (this would make him a "Non-Action Guy" in the plot, I guess). He is somewhat more sensitive then a lot of Furons, and shows a lot more depth then you might expect.

:
    Funny, except "The Sea Scoundrels" is not occurring in Avbaroy.

@Nameless: I agree, abilities like magic typically ends up solving the situation far too easy if they are too powerful and common.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Bugbear in the Playground

We can make pirates, Nameless! Let us sail from the Philippines of Piratia for glory! We can be a side-group who ties in with the main group; I'm definitely in if it's about VIKINGS!!!
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-08-16 at 10:52 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

Check the last couple of pages, we discussed vikings.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Check the last couple of pages, we discussed vikings.
    ... So there are Vikings? DAMN! Now I dunno whether to make my character a Pirate or a Viking!

16. - Top - End - #496

Pirates are better.
    Vikings are just Norse seamen, so the Vikings we think of are just Norse pirates.
    Also, this. When NC posted that it made my day. :3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

17. - Top - End - #497
    Bugbear in the Playground

... So there are Vikings? DAMN! Now I dunno whether to make my character a Pirate or a Viking!
    Make two characters then...
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Make two characters then...
    NEVER!

@Lemming: I lawl'd.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

What about a viking who dessserts his crew and becomes a pirate.

PS: My character will be a former viking slave if nobody has any objections.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Banned

Well, the Vikings in this land come from a small island in the south (way south, sort of like Antarctica except not that far down). They are also sentient kittens, mostly.
    I am going to say that they wear the incorrect helmets just because those would look adorable on a kitten.
    My character profile is coming up soon (a hint, its species rhymes with 'bitten' and its profession rhymes with 'liking')
    Q: What is it with you and characters from/based on video games?
    All who posted a dog pic: All these seem to be purebreds. Why don't people ever get mutts at the Humane Society? They're generally nicer, healthier, and less likely to find a home.
    If they are not purebred, please let me know, but it seems as if you guys chose looks over personality.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-08-16 at 11:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Why do you have to choose? Make a pirate viking.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post

T-O-E, you have been ignor'd.
    (not really)

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Q: What is it with you and characters from/based on video games?
    All who posted a dog pic: All these seem to be purebreds. Why don't people ever get mutts at the Humane Society? They're generally nicer, healthier, and less likely to find a home.
    If they are not purebred, please let me know, but it seems as if you guys chose looks over personality.
    Except for Q, who was first based on Q from various Star Trek series.

But really, it seems like I specialize in making characters loosely based on something that already exisits in media, then put my own little spin on it.

Anyway, our dog is a mixed bred. We don't know what it's mixed with, but it's mixed with a rat terrier and something else. We got it from the humane Society.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-08-16 at 11:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

T-O-E, you have been ignor'd.
    (not really)
    A pirate is simply someone who does crimes overseas. It doesn't have to be like the stereotypical Peter Pan-like pirates.

25. - Top - End - #505

Ironically, I have 3 cats. 2 were found as strays by my aunt and given to us, and one of those is a purebred. THe 3 cats part isn't ironic, the stray purebred is. Sorta. Not really.
    The third we got when my Grandma died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

26. - Top - End - #506

I wouldn't mind making a pirate captain. However I would need a crew.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    A pirate is simply someone who does crimes overseas. It doesn't have to be like the stereotypical Peter Pan-like pirates.
    17th to 18th century privateers are what we mean but saying that each time is a waste. With viking we mean 9th to 11th century Norse raiders by the way.

You should know that we mean a specific time period's and/or demographic location's people not all people under the term (often self explanatory)

Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    You know, that's exactly what I was thinking.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    I wouldn't mind making a pirate captain. However I would need a crew.
    If you are the captain, I'll eat my own shoe.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

If you are the captain, I'll eat my own shoe.
    Chriky for captain! Chriky for captain!

Nah, it was Threeshades' idea so I vote for him.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.