New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default CoA V: Most Dangerous Game (Finished)

Circle of Assassins V: Most Dangerous Game
    Narrator: Grim ranger
    Co-Narrator: Rakkoon

Hello and welcome to fifth version of Circle of Assassins! This time you, the contestants, will be pitted against each other in modern-day New York City, and given chance to take part in king of extreme sport events: the Assassination World Championships. The city is your playing field, and no part of it is safe during this event, so it is best to be alert at all times...unless you want to be found in back alley with bullet hole in your forehead. This game has no mercy for the weak or unlucky!

Please, try to keep within flavor of the game. We can and will deny places to people who do not follow this rule (for example, by trying to apply with flying whale whose gun shoots ninja monkeys). Keep it real, people. Original characters are also preferred.

Minimum information needed to create an assassin for the game:

Name: [the name your assassin goes by]

Appearance: [what he/she looks like]

Contacts and skills: [what skills and contacts your assassin has. You must pick 3-5 relevant contacts/skills; each of these must be a separate entry, a simple list won't do. Example below:]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Expert marksman: [insert name here] is highly accurate with firearms and is able to shoot accurately while running or climbing
    Le parkour: he can move easily through urban areas, especially rooftops, and can perform variety of acrobatics
    Martial arts: Judo: he is skilled Judo practitioner and is able to utilize it in hand-to-hand combat

Game rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

I Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
    1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
    1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
    2. Send the Narrators your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

Secret: PM this to me: do NOT post it on the game thread. This may be a skeleton in your character's closet or an actual physical weakness.

II The game round

1. The Narrators post a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.
    2. Send the Narrators a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
    2.1 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
    2.2 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the Narrators.
    2.3 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
    2.4 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
    2.5 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
    2.6 If you don't send a PM to the Narrators, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Two consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
    2.7 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.
    3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
    4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.
    5. When 48 hours (2 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the Narrators narrate the deaths and lists all guesses made that round. The guesses are listed in the following format: [character A]: [character B] is [secret] (miss!/HIT!)
    6. The Narrators checks how many players are left.
    6.1 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
    6.2 If there is one character left, that player wins the game. If there are two characters left, the one with more kills wins; if it's still a tie, unassisted kills determine the winner.
    6.3 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

Players
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Kensen - Jane Lee
    2. Robert Blackletter - Susan / Death
    3. smuchmuch - Charles Perry
    4. Deathslayer7 - All-Star
    5. Calar - Sen Ravel
    6. Nehh - Stormcaller
    7. Mordokai - Shenkt
    8. Sanity - Johnathan the Defender
    9. Trixie - Agent Medea
    10. Irbis - Grampa

Recruitment starts
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2010-05-19 at 04:13 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: CoA V: Most Dangerous Game (recruiting)

In in in in! Posting a character later.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Welcome, Kensen! Don't forget to send me the secret... and have it make sense, please? "Vulnerable to kryptonite" is not acceptable

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

In with details later
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Interested am I

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Welcome, Kensen! Don't forget to send me the secret... and have it make sense, please? "Vulnerable to kryptonite" is not acceptable
    Well there goes my vulnerable to water wicked witch of the West assassin. Damn. And it sounded so original and apropriate for this game.
    (Grimm, I'm prety sure Kensen knows how to play CoA, he invented the game, or at least brought it to these forums).

Now to find a concept to top my killer electrician from CoA 1.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-08 at 08:06 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Grimm, I'm prety sure Kensen knows how to play CoA, he invented the game, or at least brought it to these forums).
    Can't a narrator have little fun making incredibly obvious wisecracks?

And welcome! Glad to see you here

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ill join character later
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cant say no to another CoA game, Ill post my char later.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Name: All-Star

Appearance: All-Star wears white sportstar running shoes that go well with his faded blue jeans. He always wears his favorite baseball jersey with the number 31 on the back. Underneath the jersey he wears a white undershirt (sometimes black). On his head, he wears a blue baseball cap that reads Bluejays on it.

Contacts and skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Swing! Batta Swing! - All-Star's Knowledge and skill with a bat and baseball is excellent. Some might consider a bat a weapon. He considers a baseball a weapon as well. He can throw baseballs with accuracy, precision, and velocity at a target with great force. His baseball's average around 80-90 mph. And if thigs get heated up, he's not afraid to pull out a bat to get up close and personal.

Athleticism - Due to his baseball training, his is in good physical condition and as such has no problems with general feats of endurance.

Homerun! - Every athlete knows how to push themselves beyond their limit. All-Star is no exception. Generally when the need arises, All-Star can push his body past its limits to perform a great feat of endurance or strength. But the cost of doing so reopens the pain of his arm. When he needs to, All-Star can use this ability in a variety of ways. Such actions include but are not limited to the following three.

a) He can get up close and personal and add extra power and speed into a bat swing. Hitting a target with this will hurt them (and shatter the baseball bat).

b) For a short period of time he can throw baseball's at a target as if he were at the peak of his game, topping speeds of almost a 100 mph while still remaining his accuracy.

c) He may while running or being chased, perform a feat of great endurance that is generally not able to be done (i.e. jumping a 20ft gap or some such over roofs onto a lower rooftop or jumping and climbing over a wall in a single fluid action).

Secret:
    Spoiler
    Show

to be pmed.

aaaaaand he's up.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2010-04-08 at 12:22 PM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name: Stormcaller

Appearance: Tall and muscular, Stormcaller dresses in seemingly odd attire for an assassin - a black raincoat and a rainhat that seems to do the inverse of what one usually does - it pours rain down the back of his coat. This is because it serves as the cooling system for a powerful electric generator hidden inside his coat that serves to help cause his abilities.

Contacts and skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • EMP: By charging up the generator for a few seconds, Stormcaller can cause an electromagnetic pulse that may cause electronics to break, turn off or malfunction.

• Scalding Rain: That generator gets warm. Very warm. Some of the coolant actually boils, and the steam made by this can be used to propel jets of superheated water up to 20 metres away.

• Shocking Grasp: It is possible for Stormcaller to shock people by running the generator and grabbing them with both hands.

• Heatproof: Stormcaller wears heatproof clothing under his raincoat to protect him from the hot generator and coolant.
    There is no spoon.

11. - Top - End - #11

I invented the game for these forums.

Hmm let's see, let's see... *sips on coffee* (I hope it's not poisoned)

Name: Jane Lee

Appearance: Jane is small and slight of build. She's half-Asian, half-Caucasian. What she's wearing depends on the job - sometimes baggy hip-hop style clothes, sometimes a fancy dress and heels. Anything that will help her blend in with the crowd.

Modus Operandi: If possible, she makes the deaths appear natural. She might, for example, strike a pressure point that paralyzes the victim and then have him stumble into a swimming pool, leaving few or no signs of violence on the body or crime scene.

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Human Weapon: She can use virtually any part of her body to attack her mark or anyone who interferes. She's not particularly strong, so she prefers hitting joints and pressure points. To escape a grapple, she uses small joint manipulation.

Throw Anything (Not Too Heavy): Jane can throw chopsticks, pencils, scissors, coins and other small everyday objects with deadly precision. She doesn't even need her hands to throw things - her toes are almost equally nimble as her fingers. She uses thrown weapons only in a pinch, though. The fewer things she touches, the less she has to clean up afterwards.

Beneath Notice: Jane is too small and thin to look particularly threatening. With the right choice of clothes, she can easily pass for a Chinese or American schoolgirl (or boy). On the other hand, she can make herself look really classy and attractive if she so desires. She never carries weapons, so it is easy for her to get past security checks.

Secret:
    Spoiler
    Show

She likes green tea and chick flicks, preferably at the same time. But that's not THE secret, ha!

12. - Top - End - #12

So we have

1. Kensen - Jane Lee
    2. Robert Blackletter
    3. smuchmuch
    4. Deathslayer7 - All-Star
    5. Calar
    6. Nehh - Stormcaller

Not bad, but there is still room

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Indeed... CoA game with 6 players would be over rather quickly, I recon

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

O.k I think i go for something slightly different last time. oh and fair warning link are to tv tropes You have been warned

Name: Death (real name Susan S. Helit) If no one get the ref's i will quit this forum

Appearance:

Modus Operandi: Well nearly every kills different , One day she blow up an orphanage to kill a visiting City dignitary the next day someone across the city seem to die of "natural causes"
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

perky goth: Contrie to her appearance she has a happy and energetic personality and almost always full of inane chatter, often talking to a victim about the latest alt fashion or how death zone apparel have sold out and there old stuff had so much meaning and the lead singer MonkeyDeath sooo hot...... This serves two purpose, it put her target off there guard (how can this little empty headed goth thing be a threat) and allows her to have a large group of friends ready to help when need, nearly every rocker, metal head, punk, goth etc knows her (if not her job) and will protect her if nessuary.

Improvised Weapon: Death can pretty much use anything she can get her hands on as a weapon, this in the paast has included cds, books and in one unfortunate instance a dead kitten. She also seem to have a vast knowledge of convental weapons

Berserk Button: Death Has two button which piss her off, one her real name being used inj her presents and being cornered. Both make her hit a red rage that almost unstopable

DIfferent MoralsDeath seems to obey some kind of internal morals, but they seem almost alien to most people. For example she have no problem killing children but won't fight over any soldier grave as that would be disrespectful.

Secret:
    Spoiler
    Show

she hot for kensen......
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2010-04-11 at 05:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

15. - Top - End - #15

Aren't we all

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Did this game die before it even began? If it did I am one sad narrator

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh fine, I'll play, if only to stop you from giving me those puppy eyes.

Expect the character in the next 24 hours.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thanks, Mordy! I knew I could count on you!

But I didn't know me doing puppy eyes had that effect. Interesting *scribble scribble*

If Calar and smuchmuch would post characters as well, we would have 7 players already! Though it is not quite enough, it is very good number. Keep sending 'em characters in, folks
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-04-12 at 10:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, you see that guy here ? A big burly guy with an honnest face, laughing blue eyes, short blond hair and a beard ?Yyeah, the one who wears a red jacket and old jeans. It's good old Charles Perry, a large friendly fellow who loves nothing more than drinking a few pint and sharing jokes at the pub with his friends. In short he's the kind of loud but nice everyman you could befriend in a pub
    He's also a devoted husband to his wife and a good father to his son every night. Sure he's been a little distant since he's got fired from the woodcutting industry but hey finding a new job is hard ,right. Plus you know he's not a slacker because no matter what he stills manage to make enough money to make neds meet

Modus Operandi:
    Usualy he just shoot his targets, preferably when they are alone. If the situation asks for it he can improvise, relying on his good physical abilities and recourcefullness to give him an edge

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

The hunter: charles used to go hunting with his father. He kept practicing a lot, even after. He's a one hell of a crackhot with a rifle and an experienced tracker.

Muscular: After a life of manual working in the outodors, Charles is more than fit. he's strong ,quite endurant and fast. He's a vicious brawler too and he's very experienced with axes and chainsaws.

"Trustworthy": No honestly he really doesn't look like an assassin. He's just a normal looking fellow (not even particulary good looking either) wich you'd be the last to suspect of killing for money. He can easily befriend his target or their entourage to get closer.

Secret:
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-12 at 01:40 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Name: Shenkt

Appearance: Usually wearing a hood, it hides behind a skull white face. His eyes are dead and when he smiles, there is no joy in his smile.

Modus Operandi: He cares not for subtlety. He's fast in, fast out, kill it quickly. But it also leaves quite a lot of mess. More than a few CSI guys called in sick on account of the look in which he leaves his victims and one of them even quit. He also kills anybody in the way.

Skills:

Spoiler
    Show
    Master of Stealth: if Shenkt doesn't want to be heard, he will not be. In fact, he's so good at this that he makes no sound as he walks, want it or not.

Intimidate: he always gives those that are not his mark a chance to walk away. Unlike most cops would have you believe it, he doesn't enjoy killing. He's just damn good at it, but he doesn't want innocent to get hurt, if it can be avoided.

Bullet time: thanks to his superior reflexes, Shenkt can spring into action faster than a bolt of lighting. Long before his enemies figure out what's happening they are usually already long dead.

Bow down to no man: quite literally. Be it a president, a king or what you have... Shenkt kneels before no man.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2010-04-12 at 01:38 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #21

NecromancerGirl

Well I have not played since the first one so in, will have to reread the rules and make a character.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well, if you join too then we would have 8 players, with which we could theoretically start the game... I would just need those secrets sent from everyone who has not yet sent 'em my way.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

oh man you and rakkon confused me. I thought he was the narrator. XD

ok i get it now.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well, he is Co-narrator. It is not bad to send me, the "Main" narrator the info too, you know... saves everyone lot of trouble

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

well i read that, but i thought he was the only narrator.

that why i was like huh? Why is Grim Ranger requesting everyone to send him stuff.

26. - Top - End - #26

NecromancerGirl

Name: Johnathan the Defender

Appearance: John is one of the best defense men in the game of Lacrosse he has great footwork and even better poke checking skills. If it is a simple one-on-one he never loses. Any goalie would love to have him as one of their defense men. He is built like a brick house and often uses that to his advantage his victims are often found battered and bruised with the tell tale signs of being beaten with a lacrosse stick.

Just for those of you who aren't familiar with lacrosse, this will explain the sport. Also about halfway down is the picture of a defender you will be able to tell its him from his long pole)

Contacts and skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Illegal Cross Check - Thats right one of the most painful moves in Lacrosse the cross check, a cross check is where you hold the stick with your hands apart and hit someone while your hands are apart. As I can not describe it well just look at the bottom of the article. (from the above link)

2) Runner - In lacrosse you are often racing up and down the field and as such John has built up insane stamina and is used to funning for long periods of time.

3) Intimidation - Intimidating the person who is running full steam at you is a very useful skill for if you cause them to hesitate you can hit them harder.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

27. - Top - End - #27

Ok, Grims name is bigger than mine in the first post, better ?

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

no.

make it bigger.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Well... you want one more...?

Not that I have any chance to win, obviously.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well... you want one more...?

Not that I have any chance to win, obviously.
    That's what I said in beginning of CoA II, and I made it into final three before getting gutted

Welcome aboard! If there will be more interest there is still place or two open, but if not we can proceed after everyone has gotten mandatory stuff out of the way (characters & secrets)