New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Market Street

A more bizarre place could not be imagined; this 'Nexus' was home to robots, sorcerers, aliens and all manner of strange beings. At least, that's what he'd been told, and Jake was inclined to believe it from what he'd seen so far. A large, unshaven human male wearing animal skin was conversing with a small humanoid robot with an air of familiarity just a few feet away, and the architecture of the place ranged from small suburban houses to skyscrapers to large demonic monuments with purposes incomprehensible to the human mind. To a pale-skinned sixteen year old video game/book nerd such as Jake, this was like heaven.
    Or, at least, it would be if he wasn't so lost. He looked at his 'slider band' - a blue wristband that allowed him - or at least was supposed to allow him- to slide between multiple dimensions - and sighed the sigh of a man resigned to his unpleasant fate; it was, as he had checked five minutes ago, broken. "Dammit." Thomas, his best friend had created the technology, and Jake was the first tester besides himself. Naturally, it was HE that would find the first glitch in the program, and since Thomas was somehow stupid enough not to make some sort of fail-safe - or at least a backup that allowed him to go to the Nexus as well - it looked as though Jake was stuck in the Nexus alone and for good.
    Last edited by antonm1107; 2012-12-31 at 06:12 AM.
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Emergency Clinic

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Emergency Clinic

"That's not fair!" Hekta exclaims. She still had no idea what was going, but it felt like this situation had been taken out of her control now. She knew she shouldn't have gone to this stupid place, now they were going to do something bad to Elias!

"He's the one that's hurt, you can't decide things for him."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Emergency Clinic

"Ain't gonna be interest if she pays quick enough." Vinny tells the hurt boy before frowning at Hekta as the Gnome leaves. "Miss, we's only payin' fer the treatment he got. Nothin' else."

"How much are you going to charge me?" Elias says. He doesn't want to go back on the streets. He won't live that way again.

And then he had a cold chill run through him: He can't work while his leg is healing. Master Dahl might turn him out and get a new apprentice.

He grips the bedrail tightly, his knuckles going white. He'd let the monster out, and now he was being punished for it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Following the Kids]

As I said, no attempts to speak to them mean they don't acknowledge their pursuers.

Several blocks down, they break from their pattern and dash down an alleyway, out of sight.
    Maeve, who's hardly slow even without magical assistance, and probably knows this area at least as well as they do, having lived on the streets for quite a while, darts after them, draining the speed out of several passersby and a few hummingbirds to give herself an advantage as she does.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Zerg Hive]

Obligingly, there seems to be a dip in the floor at roughly the center of the room, with an overhang she could hide under to one side; presumably, a hole was patched over, or something of the sort, and the overhang is where the floor is on one side.
    [Zerg Hive]

That looked awfully dangerous, perhaps it was just best to take her chances by hiding against the wall of the room. With that plan in mind Izza presses herself against the wall of the room and starts to channel one of her illusion spells. Struggling to remember exactly what the things that chased her looked like, she is attempting to make the illusion look exactly like them. Perhaps that way she can escape this horrible place? The spell will take roughly three minutes to cast.

Emergency Clinic

"But he wants to pay!" Hekta keeps insisting. "And I'm no 'miss'!" Whatever that was. She didn't like this at all, and by the looks of it, neither did Elias.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Zerg Hive]

That looked awfully dangerous, perhaps it was just best to take her chances by hiding against the wall of the room. With that plan in mind Izza presses herself against the wall of the room and starts to channel one of her illusion spells. Struggling to remember exactly what the things that chased her looked like, she is attempting to make the illusion look exactly like them. Perhaps that way she can escape this horrible place? The spell will take roughly three minutes to cast.

[Zerg Hive]

((My 'Z' key had to start messing up when I chose to play a Zerg hive, didn't it?

Also, the infected Hydralisk is probably up by now, so if that would be helpful, feel free to use it.))

In that time, nothing new enters the room; however, should she try to leave once the spell is complete, she'll find that two of the corridors that would allow her to escape have been silently sealed with thick, slightly transparent, walls of flesh - apparently, she's being herded.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-12-31 at 07:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Market Street]

If there's one thing to be said about Market Street it is this: There's no better place to have a chase scene and go crashing through fruit stands.

Why?

Because Market Street has them in spades! Hence the name.

To exemplify this fact a young woman of middlish skin tone and raven hair stands nearby eating a pear recently purchased from one such stand. At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything particularly astounding about her. But when she moves in the corner of one's vision something suddenly seems dreadfully off.

But best not to give that much thought.

Clearly she's a totally normal human female (you suspect nothing!) eating an apple and leaning against the side of a booth selling hand-woven rugs.

"Looks like you tunneled through the ninth dimension instead of the sixth," she comments as Jake draws near. Another bite is taken from the fruit. "Whoops?"

[Deadwood Street - Wells Estate]

"Space stuff," Ace replies offhandedly. "Aether particles are the stuff that the luminiferous aether is made of. It's the substance that gravity and light waves propagate through."

No use trying to tell her that Einstein conclusively showed that there's no such thing. Different physical laws for different realities!

"And I know. Doesn't make it any less frustrating. It's taunting to be this close without any results to show for all my work."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-12-31 at 12:22 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Tavern]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    The best approach is casual as a cucumber. He walks to the bartender and asks, "Hey, you rent the space above right?" He adds a point up to the ceiling. "Is that how you get there," he says nodding towards the hallway with the stairs.
    The bartender looks up and nods. "Yeah the owner rents it out, you looking for a place to rent? Those stairs head up to it so do the ones outside." He leans on the bar as he talks more then happy to have something other then work to fill his time.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #728
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Market Street
    Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Rebonack;14453878][Market Street]

If there's one thing to be said about Market Street it is this: There's no better place to have a chase scene and go crashing through fruit stands.

Why?

Because Market Street has them in spades! Hence the name.

To exemplify this fact a young woman of middlish skin tone and raven hair stands nearby eating a pear recently purchased from one such stand. At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything particularly astounding about her. But when she moves in the corner of one's vision something suddenly seems dreadfully off.

But best not to give that much thought.

Clearly she's a totally normal human female (you suspect nothing!) eating an apple and leaning against the side of a booth selling hand-woven rugs.

"Looks like you tunneled through the ninth dimension instead of the sixth," she comments as Jake draws near. Another bite is taken from the fruit. "Whoops?"

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Jake stopped his journey to nowhere and quirked an eyebrow at the girl's words. "The ninth dimension instead of the sixth... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Well, I do come from another dimension, if that's what you're talking about, but what did you mean 'ninth instead of sixth'?" Jake looked longingly at the pear - he needed something good to eat beyond the chocolates and trail mix packets he'd brought with him in his red backpack. "Where'd you get that pear, by the way? I need something fresh to eat!"
    Last edited by antonm1107; 2012-12-31 at 01:41 PM.
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

[Red Zone - Alley]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz will follow, swinging the blade between her fingers.

We could, but where's the fun in that? It's over to fast.

The men around the barrel look up as the woman approach. They all let their gazes linger on the pair's exposed skin.
    "Degree of Difficulty," Amist answers, making sure to put on the best show she can as they approach. "Hello, boys...it seems we've manged to get ourselves lost. Think you can help us?" she purrs...

[Ice Rink]

"Okay, okay, I forget people have thinner skin, or chrome as the case may be, than I do. I'll be good and we'll have the most wonderful day of the year," Eileen declares, although the moment Tracey has her back to her she rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[DMC]

"You can't miss them. They're these big rocks with a symbol on them. Probably just grab one of the ones in the orchard." Sakura adds.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

[Spooky Sparkle Saving Sewer Scramble]

Hmmm.

That thing looks altogether horrible in pretty much every way that matters. Sigil can practically feel the malevolent magic oozing off the monster. And suffice to say it isn't the nicest feeling. He decides pretty quickly that the best course of action is to make whatever this thing is no longer a threat.

Sigil is fairly skilled at a range of the magic. Though right now he isn't aiming to be precise or careful with his spells. Usually he favors a scalpel approach to using his spells. But instead he's going to make do with a sledge-hammer.

At once he aims to seize the monster with his TK and hoist it helplessly into the air. A second spell follows to leech the heat out of the area. As the temperature plummets well below the freezing point of water ice begins to creep across the surfaces around the horrible alien. At the same time a flickering orb of angry orange pulses to life near his head.

Hopefully the magic will chill the demon's core to roughly the same temperature as dry ice. That usually makes monsters a lot less frisky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Spooky Sparkle Saving Sewer Scramble

Magtok hoists his gun up, points the weapon at the beast...and then stops. Shoot, freezing magic. His own weapon would just get in the way and accomplish the exact opposite, and that sort of mucking about with temperature is probably not a smart move right now.

"You can do stuff like that? Holy raptor crotches. Is it too late to stop thinking we're all going to die down here? Because I'd like to take back every single thing I've said along those lines."

[Terrifying Tunnel Traps to Twilight]

Most of the group stares a bit, as ice crawls over the entity's head and magic pulls it up (the very miniscule available distance) towards the ceiling.
    Sure, there seems to be a rather massive stretch of body behind what Sigil is presently thermally devouring, but it doesn't seem to be doing much more than twitching a bit.

"Oh wow, where'd you find this guy again, Rarity? That's some serious Twilight stuff."
    "Oh, um...around. Just a friendly soul that offered his help to some damsels in distress."

The unicorn isn't really paying that much attention to the question, holding her charm aloft and observing its glow in the face of the abomination before them.
    How it glows, brighter and brighter...

"Heeeeey, Princess?"
    "Yes, Pinkie Pie?"
    "One of the stars in your tail is getting extra duper shiny. Thought you should know!"

With a bit of a frown on her face, the princess turns her head to take a look, only to notice that the wall behind them seems to be unfolding at a rather rapid pace.
    Whereas the tunnel before them seemed to collapse down into a singular, massive creature, the wall behind them seems to be disassembling into a mass of much smaller, dog-sized creatures.

The size is the only time "dog" can be used in their comparison.
    As with the tunnel-beast, their carapace and form mirrors that of the wall architecture, dark and curved, a cross of organic and inorganic, and possessing of a distinctly serpentine form.
    Four clawed limbs, a long barbed tail...the one thing they seem to properly lack is a head.

Four of them are present, and each seems to be orienting itself towards a distracted Applejack.

"They come from the wall!"
    Luna whirls about, motes of deep blue energy appearing around her now glowing horn.

A breath-like wind begins to blow through the tunnel...
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-12-31 at 02:59 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadwood Street- Wells' Estate

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Jace knows what "space" refers to.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's sometimes worse for me; I can't even find something out to know what the problem is. I have to just...feel it until I get it right. Sorcery can be weird sometimes.
    [Try all the time, Boss.]
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Freaktown

"So y' get more powerful, th' more you do it, so y' can do it more? That a roit noice set-up. And y' want to get creative? T' make biggah changes?" He seems to ponder a bit. "Oi, ave got an idea." Her gets up and begins to rustle through some papers. "Th' Freakshow 've bin doin the metal thin' fer years. They've got some roit noice ideas, you look through these and see what ya like." He drops the papers in front of her. They aren't blueprints, but sketches of various spikes, add-ons, hammers, piercings, and the basics of some of the more extensive builds like sappers or tanks. "Basicly, if you can take a peice of machinery and turn it into a deff arm, the freaks'll lov it. What I wouldn't give to get a mekboy in here to give 'em sum real shootas."
    [Freaktown]

"I think I can do that," she says, looking over the sketches. they're very interesting to her, "What about you?"
    MagMart

Magtok rolls his eyes. "Yeah, talk to Wendy and KR. Because obviously I have nothing better to do than spend the next six months in deadtime."

You and I both know that's not fair, Magtok. I'm sure those rumors were exaggerated, and besides, even if KR really was like that, there's always Wenomir. He's demonstrated that he's clearly not played by the same person, seeing as he's dating KR and all, and you've had some (admittedly unfriendly) confrontations with him before, haven't you?

"So is there anything to stop that from happening eventually? I mean, the power has to go somewhere, and you can't just keep hoarding magical powers, because we all know what the Nexus does to people who get too big and almighty for their own good. There's only so many people in Watch, too..."

Despite what he says, Magtok isn't thinking of this as a problem at all by this point. He's more concerned with how soon he can send Needs there, and how much power he can get away with accumulating in that one insane MagClone. Power and shiny toys and influence, yay!
    [MagMart]

"We haven't actually thought about it," Harnel says simply, "We tend to be more along the line of an "Issues right now" group." He makes no comment on the deatime KR usually finds herself in.

"Aren't you being a bit hypocritical there though?"

Oh crap, he can't read OOC text, can he?
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-12-31 at 04:45 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

"I'm Dok Chop, Da Chop Dok! When dey first came 'ere, da freaks dinnt know nuttin about surgury, 'cept dat dey wanted it! But dey couldn't find any Doks that'd fill 'em full of metal, not 'till dey found me. They was all "We hearz youz is a Dok," and I'm all "Wadya make o' it, umies?" an den dey says, "we wantz you to do all kin o' unetical procedures an' fill us full o' metal so that we can steal moar metal to put in our bodies!" and I says, "that's roit Orky!" An' den I cracked a few skulls and I was in an' ever'wun is happy!"

That's quite straightforward.

15. - Top - End - #735

[Market Street]

"Not from another dimension. That's a confusion of the term," the mysterious woman replies as she munches on the pear some more. "You came from one universe and you wanted to visit a parallel version of that universe, right? But instead you ended up here. And I can assure you that this crazy place is not a parallel version of your home."

The mysterious woman polishes off the pear and tosses the core over her shoulder. The fruit begins to rapidly rot away, leaving only the seeds on the ground.

"To reach a parallel version of your world you would have to skip over Time and Possibility to reach Potentiality. But that machine of yours missed. It missed Potentiality all together. It bent its way around Potentiality, past Imagination, and beyond Impossibility until it reached All Impossibility."

The seeds have sprouted with unnatural speed and have fully grown into a mature pear tree. A branch seems to reach over the woman's should and shakes, dropping a ripe pear into her waiting hand. She catches it and tosses it to the teen.

"So here you are. Standing at the Edge of Infinity. Whatever will you do now?"

Sigil keeps up the thermal drain until he's sure that the monster is well and truly dead. Most creatures can't survive having their brain frozen after all. At least not that quickly and to that degree. Enough of a chill to turn gas into a solid is probably more than what any natural anti-freeze the monster contains will be able to handle.

An ear twitches at the cry of warning and Sigil whirls around! Well bugger. Four more. And with their proximity too much area denial could hurt his friends. So instead? Instead he sings the song of Lurue, Queen of Dusk and Dawn. And at the invocation power streams from the Silver Forest to empower the mote of thermal energy which now shines with beautiful ardent light.

The silver brand is launched at the demon closest to AJ. Should it strike it'll burst into a blaze of holy silver flame and righteous retribution against these abominations of all that is good. Those pure of heart have little to fear from the wrath of the alicorn queen.

Hopefully that will incapacitate at least one of the creatures.

"Applejack! Get clear, we have more company!"

Just a terminology thing, really. The place beyond the world has different names depending on where one hails from. Space, heaven, the firmament, the astral plane, the aether...

Ace will lead Jace into one of the mansions many dining rooms. Though this one is hardly large. A table that could seat at most ten people (and that would be a stretch) in addition to lounge furniture and a crackling fireplace nearby. Paintings on the walls depict various environs from around the Nexus in all its surreal beauty. Shelves contain numerous curious artifacts, no doubt procured by Ace's father on his travels.

"Ah well, here we are. Make yourselves comfortable."

16. - Top - End - #736
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Market Street
    Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Rebonack;14455430][Market Street]

"Not from another dimension. That's a confusion of the term," the mysterious woman replies as she munches on the pear some more. "You came from one universe and you wanted to visit a parallel version of that universe, right? But instead you ended up here. And I can assure you that this crazy place is not a parallel version of your home."

The mysterious woman polishes off the pear and tosses the core over her shoulder. The fruit begins to rapidly rot away, leaving only the seeds on the ground.

"To reach a parallel version of your world you would have to skip over Time and Possibility to reach Potentiality. But that machine of yours missed. It missed Potentiality all together. It bent its way around Potentiality, past Imagination, and beyond Impossibility until it reached All Impossibility."

The seeds have sprouted with unnatural speed and have fully grown into a mature pear tree. A branch seems to reach over the woman's should and shakes, dropping a ripe pear into her waiting hand. She catches it and tosses it to the teen.

"So here you are. Standing at the Edge of Infinity. Whatever will you do now?"

Jake catches it and grins at the girl, taking a bite out of the fruit. "Thanks. Actually, I knew fully well that I was going to the Nexus; my friend found out about it by accident but apparently had a lot of fun messing around here." He swallows the fruit inside his mouth, only just noticing that he'd been speaking with his mouth full. "Damn, this is pretty good. Anyway, my problem is less 'I'm somewhere I didn't plan to go' and more 'I'm stuck here with a broken slider watch and absolutely no knowledge of how to fix it and go back.'" He pauses to take another bite off of the fruit. "And I have no clue where in the nexus I am."

"So, here at the 'edge of infinity', I guess I'll look around and just make the most of what I have. Maybe learn a bit of magic, how to speed up growth in plants like you did. Or maybe get a few 'cybernetic augmentations' like Denton." He swallows his second bite. "What would you recommend, oh wise one?" He says the last phrase with a tone of mockery, curiosity and genuine sincerity, all in one. Or at least, he tries to, though one would probably just see it as mockery.
    (Changing to present tense. Yay.)
    Last edited by antonm1107; 2012-12-31 at 08:29 PM.
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadwood Street- Wells Estate

It's a nice place to be sure. Jace will deposit his bag and cloak either on any sort of coat-rack or just next to once of the chairs. Zebes starts taking a look at the menagerie of artifacts using his hover skills, although still too sensible to be getting close.

By the way...
    Think we should consider waking our friend up sometime? I'd hate for him to sleep through the meal and then pass out from hunger.

Or not, the amount of time elapsed is kind of fuzzy; can't tell if that was enough time for a functional nap

18. - Top - End - #738
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

[Sewers with Yuki, Kirlia, and Ponderous Creation]

Wait on Shrimp?
    After this post!

A carapaced talon punches through a top layer of rock in the cave in, a rather large limb that a gorilla would probably respect.
    It then proceeds to dissolve into a hissing blob of acidic goo, which proceeds to run down the rest of the wreckage...

Meanwhile, a violet glow begins to loom from the opposite direction!
    And a voice.
    "Go away, please! More important things to do than deal with giant gross bugs!"
    Seems to be a mildly annoyed woman.
    "And we are out of time." The Black Creation backs further away from the collapsed section, which by the looks of things is only going to remain that way for a few moments longer. Not good.

"I hope you do have a plan, because by the sound of things there's more of them chasing whoever that is ahead of us."

Xenodemons behind them, xenodemons in front of them...

"Alternately, if you were just planning on hitting them until they all fall down, may I suggest we wait for the person being chased and assist her in retreating to the surface and then come back with a better plan?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #739

Hall of Heroes

"Down the hall. Warn you, it's a uni-species one." The guard says distractedly, already attempting to peer over Pepperjack's shoulder to see what Melbourne's up to. The Merkin would have done well to be more subtle in drooling all over the exhibits. They get one like him in here every week, looking to snag something.

And what just what is Mel up to?

Pressing his secondary hands to and leaning his forehead against the display wall, Melbourne whispers, almost sings to it. Not in English, Mer, not in any normal language, but in the song of deep magic, the tongue of the ocean and the leviathans that rule it.

Concentric ripples spread outwards on the glass from Melbourne touches it, then the wall draws back entirely, creating a doorway into the display behind. With a grunt Mel hoists himself up and scuttles his crustacean bulk through, stuffing the wire into his pockets before heading for his own prize.

I think the Merkin might have been expecting a slightly more... flashy sort of distraction. Or possibly, a more lethal one.

In either case, Pepperjack will need to think of something fast if he doesn't want the guard to see what his 'pal' is up to.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-12-31 at 10:39 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #740

Chasing those crazy kids!
    As they zoom out of sight, Treb sighed. He wasn't good at following people at all! And it isn't like the questions he had were that important anyways.
    He shrugged, giving up and going into the shops of Inside if he's not stopped.

---

Sewers - Demons, Lady, Kirlia, oh my!
    Kirlia curled her hands into a reverse cupping pose.
    "Well...there's always this!"
    Focusing energy into her hands, she concentrated.
    "So...anyone care if I just fry them?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #741

Game over, Mag. Game Over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Sigil keeps up the thermal drain until he's sure that the monster is well and truly dead. Most creatures can't survive having their brain frozen after all. At least not that quickly and to that degree. Enough of a chill to turn gas into a solid is probably more than what any natural anti-freeze the monster contains will be able to handle.

An ear twitches at the cry of warning and Sigil whirls around! Well bugger. Four more. And with their proximity too much area denial could hurt his friends. So instead? Instead he sings the song of Lurue, Queen of Dusk and Dawn. And at the invocation power streams from the Silver Forest to empower the mote of thermal energy which now shines with beautiful ardent light.

The silver brand is launched at the demon closest to AJ. Should it strike it'll burst into a blaze of holy silver flame and righteous retribution against these abominations of all that is good. Those pure of heart have little to fear from the wrath of the alicorn queen.

Hopefully that will incapacitate at least one of the creatures.

"Applejack! Get clear, we have more company!"

Magtok feels like an idiot. Of course. Big distracting monster up in front, slippery horde sneaking in from behind. He'd call the things clever girls, if he wasn't sure one of those dumb ponies would vainly assume he was talking about them. Besides, he's already used enough movie references down here. Any more and people are going to start confusing him with that idiotic Deadpool guy or something.

"Tell me if you're going to freeze anything else, Sigil! My gun does exactly the opposite!"

Speaking of which, it's about time this thing saw some use, isn't it? Magtok swings the weapon around, pulls the trigger, aaaand...

Nothing? No death beam, no bright lights or screechy noises or bolts of energy? No heavenly choirs or wailing death metal roars? Well that's not very exciting. What the weapon lacks in visual appeal, however, it makes up for in sheer firepower. An invisible beam of death attempts to swiftly turn any and all xenomorphs caught in its path to a immobile, harmless, steaming puddle of goo. He keeps one eye on that tunnel, though. Whatever's coming that way can't be anything good.

MagMart

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [MagMart]

"We haven't actually thought about it," Harnel says simply, "We tend to be more along the line of an "Issues right now" group." He makes no comment on the deatime KR usually finds herself in.

"Aren't you being a bit hypocritical there though?"

Oh crap, he can't read OOC text, can he?

Oh gods, can he? Is he secretly as aware of the fourth wall as, or even more so than Magtok? Some kind of mind-reader instead, maybe? Magtok blinks, struggling for words as he tries to put together a response that won't make Harnel suspect anything.

"...How so? Not quite sure what you're referring to."

Oh, Magtok knows full well. He just wants to hear Harnel say it aloud to erase whatever lingering doubts he might have, on the off-chance the half-dragon just came up with that startling response by pure chance and happenstance.

Ice Rink

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ice Rink]

"Okay, okay, I forget people have thinner skin, or chrome as the case may be, than I do. I'll be good and we'll have the most wonderful day of the year," Eileen declares, although the moment Tracey has her back to her she rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out.

Needs responds by sticking his own tongues out at Tracey. All three of them. The latter two (because where else would you keep bumpy, prehensile, pointed tongues?) emerge from his temples, ripping right out of his flesh for exactly as long as it takes to stick his thumbs in his ears and blow three raspberries at Eileen at once, before those same tongues disappear right back into the head they came from without a trace.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #742

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Warwick Works

Willow gives a low whistle of admiration. "Daaaaamn, Tiger. You clean up nice."
    Arthur just grins and adjusts his glasses. Whether or not he cleans up nice, he's still the same geek at heart. "I hoped you'd say that." Or, rather he'd calculated it. People of Arthur's heritage had a way of discerning exactly the right buttons to push for exactly the right reaction. It was part of their purpose. Arthur had turned it to more practical purposes; scoring better deals at weapon drops, getting a raise from Winslow occasionally. That sort of thing. Of course, winning over his girlfriend was never a bad use of his inherent talents.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

23. - Top - End - #743

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Grey Zone- House of Wares

It's not much of an AI by Elexxion's standards. Even at it's highest difficulty setting, unshackled, the design is still primitive enough for even a highly skilled human to out-think it. But still, it's something to do other than sit around and worry about the inevitable. Or, the somewhat-evitable. This is the Nexus after all; Death isn't quite the certainty it is elsewhere, and I pity the taxman who tries to collect in these parts.

"You're welcome. It's the least I could do." Planting his arms on the armrests, Wrath levers himself out of the chair and starts walking around the outer edge of the warehouse. He's a little curious about his surroundings, poking at the items on the shelves inquisitively, but mostly he's just looking to keep his own mind off things... Guh. Crimefighting wasn't supposed to be this damn complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Grey Zone - House of Wares

"I don't know what to say," Kailee says, both confused and very grateful. She smiles weakly, attention dragged from the game she's already winning. "They shouldn't be able to track you, but it is not impossible. Perhaps... the lightning would be preferable." Or something similar.
    "It's probably best that I don't mess with your power supplies using magic," Ashley says. "I bet I'd only end up doing more harm than good. Unless there's some other way?"

Wrath should probably only be poking at the herbs on Ashley's shelves. A few of the small items farther down are under a glass cup, and they're twitching as well.

24. - Top - End - #744

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [DMC]

"You can't miss them. They're these big rocks with a symbol on them. Probably just grab one of the ones in the orchard." Sakura adds.
    [DMC]

"Ah! " Mia replies. She turns around to MDM.

"You know the stones they mean?"

The robot nods, making some noise.

"Don't worry I thought so as well."

She takes her staff, which MDM carried arround and hit the robot with it. MDM beggins to grow a bit. His appereanc changes slightly granting him longer feets and bigger arms. It seems that he changes in a way to make the task he has easier. Then he turns away starting to run right through Watchtower. He is now 20 feet high which allows him to easily pass the walls.

((If nothing stops him at Watch he will return very soon))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #745

[Market Street]

The odd woman tilts her head off to the side a bit. "Wise one? Hehehehehe! I think you might have me confused for someone else."

...wait.

What?

What the hell was that?

Probably a decent idea not to dwell on it too much.

"Asking 'where' in a place that isn't spatially static is kind of a silly question. You're where you are and that's the best you can do! How am I supposed to tell you what's to come next? That's up to you. Do you want to go home? Or do you want to brave the madness and see what adventure is in store?"

"I'll have one of the ServeBots see about rousing him. Hard to make any promises though, he seemed pretty out of it,"
    Ace says with a shrug. "He'll come or he won't. That's up to him."

And oh boy artifacts!

The psuedodragon is currently peering at some sort of weird box with all sorts of completely incomprehensible squiggles on it that may or may not be writing.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadwood Street- Wells Estate

(Note: Zebes is a pocket-dragon. Effectively the same thing but with actual dragon traits instead of the stinger. Yay for not being constrained to the PF Bestiary!)
    To Ace:
    Heh. I feel like that last part could be made into some deeply philosophical statement, somehow.

(After)
    [This stuff is pretty neat, Boss.]
    [Oh, and what is it?]
    [I have no idea.]
    He'll probably squinting super hard at it, and possibly activating his Magic Sense, which he has but always forgets about. He knows it probably isn't important, but his curiosity is getting the better of him. If he gets nothing, he'll just keep going down the line.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ice Rink

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ice Rink]

Ice Rink

Needs responds by sticking his own tongues out at Tracey. All three of them. The latter two (because where else would you keep bumpy, prehensile, pointed tongues?) emerge from his temples, ripping right out of his flesh for exactly as long as it takes to stick his thumbs in his ears and blow three raspberries at Eileen at once, before those same tongues disappear right back into the head they came from without a trace.

Tracey skates off, flipping a bird, and leaving her squabbling charges to catch up if they can.

Warwick Works

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur just grins and adjusts his glasses. Whether or not he cleans up nice, he's still the same geek at heart. "I hoped you'd say that." Or, rather he'd calculated it. People of Arthur's heritage had a way of discerning exactly the right buttons to push for exactly the right reaction. It was part of their purpose. Arthur had turned it to more practical purposes; scoring better deals at weapon drops, getting a raise from Winslow occasionally. That sort of thing. Of course, winning over his girlfriend was never a bad use of his inherent talents.

It isn't that difficult to win her over, Arthur. Even without fiendish heritage, she'd have been interested in her simply because of your brains. Of course the good looks and fiendish aura don't hurt things one bit. Nope, not at all!

Willow herself is dressed in a classic little black dress with her long hair pinned up with just a few locks "accidentally" grazing her shoulders. Pearl earrings and high heels (probably making her taller than Arthur), complete the look.

She doesn't have anything to say to him. She's simply looking him over and enjoying the moment. It's good to have him back.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-01-01 at 02:34 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

MagMart

Oh gods, can he? Is he secretly as aware of the fourth wall as, or even more so than Magtok? Some kind of mind-reader instead, maybe? Magtok blinks, struggling for words as he tries to put together a response that won't make Harnel suspect anything.

"...How so? Not quite sure what you're referring to."

Oh, Magtok knows full well. He just wants to hear Harnel say it aloud to erase whatever lingering doubts he might have, on the off-chance the half-dragon just came up with that startling response by pure chance and happenstance.
    [Magmart]

"Magtok, All you ever seem to do is gain power. We're standing in a monument to the fact that 80% of all industrialized goods in the Nexus have a "Mag-" brand name, you recently became close to the leader of AMEN, you're constantly surrounding yourself with powerful individuals, and you lobby for social power constantly by being - no offense - something of a diva and presenting yourself and your moniker on everything. There's nobody in the Nexus that doesn't know the name "Magtok" unless they just got here or they've been living away from technology. The Agent Chrome movies are an excellent example."

Harnel shrugs, "Not that any of this is bad, per se."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Freaktown

"I'm Dok Chop, Da Chop Dok! When dey first came 'ere, da freaks dinnt know nuttin about surgury, 'cept dat dey wanted it! But dey couldn't find any Doks that'd fill 'em full of metal, not 'till dey found me. They was all "We hearz youz is a Dok," and I'm all "Wadya make o' it, umies?" an den dey says, "we wantz you to do all kin o' unetical procedures an' fill us full o' metal so that we can steal moar metal to put in our bodies!" and I says, "that's roit Orky!" An' den I cracked a few skulls and I was in an' ever'wun is happy!"

That's quite straightforward.
    [Freaktown]

The little kami seems pretty happy with that answer, grinning, "I'm the essence of human change!"

Well, she tried to match him. It just didn't work out as long as she'd hoped

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

"Huh. Well, Change, long as yer nice an orky fer da freaks, dey'll do roit by ya." He nods. "Ya wan' ta do anythin roit now? Ain't much hapnin' less sumwun makes i' happen-"

"What this?" a freak asks as he approaches. One of his arms has been replaced by a huge hammer, and he looks at the kami with no respect whatsoever. "Kilt decide that this is an orphanage now?" he growls.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

The kami looks up at him, not really sure what to say. She hasn't exactly mastered vocal communication just yet, and someone being outright aggressive towards her is entirely new.