1. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Sorta a meta question, as I prep some details for my far-future game.

We've had games where all roles were known, but there were less players than roles, and thus fake claims were risky but doable, in the Wizard Tower Mafia game (to a small degree) and also the X-Men game.
    We had a game break because all roles were known and a mass-claim occurred, in the Corporate Mafia.
    We had a game where roles were unknown, but the wolves were given fake roles they knew weren't redundant with town, in order to prevent a mass-claim breaking the game (Harry Potter).

What's the thoughts on what works best?
    I lean towards something like the first option, where a list of roles is offered, but the roles are less than the players. It gives the wolves a risk and tension to lying and making a claim, but it also prevents game-breaking stuff.
    I also wonder, with that option, if it's best to state beforehand what the powers are or to just have hints. I'm thinking for my game, I'll give hints, but the real power won't be revealed until the person dies.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-05-07 at 10:13 PM.