View Single Post

Thread: 2024 Player's Handbook Fireside Chat

1. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: 2024 Player's Handbook Fireside Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
    Alot of things in 5e existed in prior editions but got shoehorned into a particular class.
    Metamagic is probably the one that most annoys me, but there are others scattered through the game, for better and for worse.

Battlerager I don't specificly remember but in 3.5 spiked guantlets and armor just existed without needing to be a class feature, and some of this existed as worldbuilding background prior to that.
    As I recall bladesinger was contextually a fighter/mage multiclass back in AD&D but my memory is foggy.
    So Battlerager was a Prestige Class in 3e Races of Faerūn and a Warrior kit in AD&D Complete Book of the Dwarves. Bladesinger was also a Prestige Class in Races of Faerūn but also Tome and Blood and Complete Warrior in 3.5. In AD&D 2e I recall it's in the Elf book though even 1e Elf-class is pretty much just Bladesinger.

Battlerager even featured in some of those Drizzt-books; that Thibbledorf Pwent or whatever.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2024-04-27 at 05:10 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.