Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
The Latin and Greek GCSE courses are a lot like that. It's the only way to do the set texts. Bah!

In other news I'm terrible at shopping. I was supposed to buy a new shirt. Instead I ended up with a book on string theory and the long overdue purchase of Making Money. Whooo!

Nevertheless, I still want to do them. And have a fairly good memory.
On your other news: who cares about clothing? They can last years (all my jeans are over ten years old (parents and cousins), many of my jumpers are over five years old (hand me downs and cousins again) and you get the picture. My favourite jacket's a good example: about ten years ago my dad had lost his coat (left it at the pub) and had noticed this other jacket he'd seen in the pub for about three weeks. It was raining so Dad asked the barman if he could keep it. He said yes. So the jacket is at least third-hand and of unknown age as it was already worn out when he took it home with him.
Books are always good. But how much does one single shirt cost if you can buy two books (very good choices too by the way) with your clothes money? I'd suggest charity shops. Cheap, good clothes and your leftover money can be used to by books.