New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Kallously Konfusing Konsternations - Random Banter #208

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I don't know of your "square hole" system, so you'll have to explain it to me. How does it work and how does it allow a person to set the temperature they desire (while also being independent of pressure)?

I have devised a system where two taps (one special tap controlling the volume of two pipes simultaneously and one special tap controlling the join of two pipes to change percentage of pipe a and b entering the final pipe), but I haven't completely examined the logistics of this for use in a shower system.
    That thing you've devised is basically it. One tap determines temperature by selecting the mix of hot and cold, the other gives pressure/outflow. Shouldn't be significantly more expensive than one tap for each. Nothing electronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    That thing you've devised is basically it. One tap determines temperature by selecting the mix of hot and cold, the other gives pressure/outflow. Shouldn't be significantly more expensive than one tap for each. Nothing electronic.
    That is brilliant.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Back from camping. Was a few hundred yards from being hit by lightning. Was a good week. *yawns*
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Back from camping. Was a few hundred yards from being hit by lightning. Was a good week. *yawns*
    Oh so that's where you were. Welcome back! Don't be too attractive to electricity you know!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Have been suffering from some rather terrible art block. Produced this. Started out as a portrait. Myeeeeeh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

so, i managed to slice open part of my finger at school today

it was my own fault, i didn't expect that piece of metal to be so sharp

have a bad quality picture where you can barely see the cut
    Spoiler: picture taken from a 3DS camera
    Show
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Have been suffering from some rather terrible art block. Produced this. Started out as a portrait. Myeeeeeh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Noted, you look like a messed up Joker/Tengu crossbreed. Good drawing regardless, wish I was even half as good

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post

it was my own fault, i didn't expect that piece of metal to be so sharp

have a bad quality picture where you can barely see the cut
    Spoiler: picture taken from a 3DS camera
    Show
    Ow, that looks rough. Though also a REALLY shallow cut, it's not even gonna scab over! So that's good.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ow, that looks rough. Though also a REALLY shallow cut, it's not even gonna scab over! So that's good.
    it bled for the better part of an hour, then i went and played handball without using my dominant hand, lest i open it up again
    and then i had to go write a story in english, and guess what finger i rest my pen/pencil on?

it was less painful, and more inconvenient although it did sting for a while

extended signature

9. - Top - End - #759

it bled for the better part of an hour, then i went and played handball without using my dominant hand, lest i open it up again
    and then i had to go write a story in english, and guess what finger i rest my pen/pencil on?

it was less painful, and more inconvenient although it did sting for a while
    Bandaids, my friend. Or plasters as you might call them. I always keep at least one of me, because I'm the type of lady'll who will just slice her knee open a few inches on some errant edge of a stove at work.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bandaids, my friend. Or plasters as you might call them.
    i, and everyone i've ever known, call them bandaids

I always keep at least one of me, because I'm the type of lady'll who will just slice her knee open a few inches on some errant edge of a stove at work.
    i have a friend like that

extended signature

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Guys. This weekend I was at an old school LAN. Hadn't been at one for - whoa, probably about 10 years. I had forgotten what amazing fun it can be. I think we were nine guys at one point. (Well. Seven guys and two girls.) Crammed onto two tables in one small room. It was awesome. I think I slept around 5 hours the whole weekend. We played so many games. Old and new. We couldn't even remember how to set up at first. Had to go buy a switch. Heh. Pizza and beer and energy drinks everywhere. So tired now. Sleep for a week.

You know, that looks exactly like the scar I've had for a couple of weeks now. Same place, even. The way I got mine is a bit more dumb, though. Expert tip: the foil around a sealed bottle of Glenlivet is sharp. (And then I did the exact same thing 5 days later. Sigh.)

i, and everyone i've ever known, call them bandaids
    The times we actually call them anything in your silly language over here, we call them plasters
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

why is it that whenever i cut my hands, i have to wash the dishes that night

hot, soapy water + still pretty fresh cut = non-insignificant amount of pain

extended signature

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

hot, soapy water + still pretty fresh cut = non-insignificant amount of pain
    I prefer the stinging of when you manage to cut yourself while chopping onions. That knife blade, coated in onion juice stings like a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    I prefer the stinging of when you manage to cut yourself while chopping onions. That knife blade, coated in onion juice stings like a bitch.
    When cutting lemons or limes.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

When cutting lemons or limes.
    that is a fate i wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies

extended signature

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

why is it that whenever i cut my hands, i have to wash the dishes that night
    Have you mildly annoyed any Demon Lords lately?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Have you mildly annoyed any Demon Lords lately?
    i removed the picture of orcus from my sig a while ago (now that i think about it, that was at least a fortnight ago )

so unless orcus takes a long time to get revenge, then no

extended signature

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Orcus is a master of the Slow Pounce.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

if i havent posted anything by this time tomorrow, assume i've died an orcus related death (probably bleeding out from an excessively large paper cut or something)

extended signature

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

if i havent posted anything by this time tomorrow, assume i've died an orcus related death (probably bleeding out from an excessively large paper cut or something)
    We will pray for your safety.

― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Noted, you look like a messed up Joker/Tengu crossbreed. Good drawing regardless, wish I was even half as good
    No wonder I couldn't get dates early in High School.... Hahaha. Thanks LaZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Oh so that's where you were. Welcome back! Don't be too attractive to electricity you know!
    Yes, I thought I told you. Maybe just the chat and dA. Sorry.

It was quite interesting. My sister swam out to the rock in the center of the lake while I swam back along the shore to the bit where my stuff was at. I grab my glasses and wade out 20 feet to the jumping rock, so I could look her way and perhaps see where she was. I was almost there when there's a flash and a boom right behind me and my memory of it is kinda slow motion, spinning around in the water, thunder pealing immediately, flocks of starlings pouring out of the trees. First thought. GET OUT OF THE WATER ONTO ROCK NOW NOW NOW. Second one is WAIT ROCK IN WATER NU TOTES RUNNING OUT OF THE WATER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. The bolt hit somewhere in the campsite, which came up to the edge of the lake. There was also a ranger with trainees out on the rocks sticking into the lake who ran back into the trees right away. When I got there he was squatting in the middle of some foot-high bushes under tree cover and his flock were also crouching under nearby vegetation.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

23. - Top - End - #773

NecromancerGuy

Trainee Rangers? ...The sad thing is that I have no idea what that would look like in meatspace and instead have to default to Fantasy to imagine that.

Also, glad that neither you nor your sister in the middle of the Lake on the rock got crispy-fried.

You named your cat Orcus? Nifty.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-08-11 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Trainee Rangers? ...The sad thing is that I have no idea what that would look like in meatspace and instead have to default to Fantasy to imagine that.

Also, glad that neither you nor your sister in the middle of the Lake on the rock got crispy-fried.
    There was a park ranger with maybe three fellows in blue shirts.

I should hope so.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Climate controlled is usually used to name the air conditioning heater/cooler systems what control the temperature of the air as precisely as possible, I just don't know the correct term for water based systems. I've seen systems where you set a specific temperature you want and the unit will mix the water to that temperature. Those are much more expensive and what I assumed you meant.

I don't know of your "square hole" system, so you'll have to explain it to me. How does it work and how does it allow a person to set the temperature they desire (while also being independent of pressure)?

I have devised a system where two taps (one special tap controlling the volume of two pipes simultaneously and one special tap controlling the join of two pipes to change percentage of pipe a and b entering the final pipe), but I haven't completely examined the logistics of this for use in a shower system.
    You take a pipe and cut two square holes along the side at some distance from eachother, one for the cold and one for the hot water. The holes should be positioned so that if you look up the pipe from one end, the right edge of one should be aligned with the left end of the other. This pipe should be fitted in a casing with the two temperatures of water running into it through two level square holes of the same size as those on the pipe. Now you can rotate the pipe to adjust the ratio of water, so that if for example the cold water pipe is 60% open, the hot water will be at 40%. In order to get the water, you just have to tap the pipe in any place you see fit and use a lever or valve to regulate the water pressure.

It was quite interesting. My sister swam out to the rock in the center of the lake while I swam back along the shore to the bit where my stuff was at. I grab my glasses and wade out 20 feet to the jumping rock, so I could look her way and perhaps see where she was. I was almost there when there's a flash and a boom right behind me and my memory of it is kinda slow motion, spinning around in the water, thunder pealing immediately, flocks of starlings pouring out of the trees. First thought. GET OUT OF THE WATER ONTO ROCK NOW NOW NOW. Second one is WAIT ROCK IN WATER NU TOTES RUNNING OUT OF THE WATER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. The bolt hit somewhere in the campsite, which came up to the edge of the lake. There was also a ranger with trainees out on the rocks sticking into the lake who ran back into the trees right away. When I got there he was squatting in the middle of some foot-high bushes under tree cover and his flock were also crouching under nearby vegetation.
    Yeah, the water itself is pretty safe, it won't be supercharged by being hit by lightning. The rock is actually even worse in that regard, because it makes you the highest point in the entire distance to land, making you more likely to attract lightning...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776

NecromancerGuy

There was a park ranger with maybe three fellows in blue shirts.

I should hope so.
    Ahh, blue shirts. That just sorta makes me think of a park ranger leading around a trio of EMT types. XD

Well, you know, some people can never decide if they like hot sisters or not. Plus, y'know, sibling rivalry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #777

So...Robin William's has died.

Today just got preeetty sour, for lack of a better term.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

... I'm just going to curl up in a blanket and watch Aladdin tonight.

Today was good...
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgetySquirrel View Post
    ...if this keeps up for much longer, half of the playground will have Orcus-themed sigs, which is probably how Orcus can appear in so many places to begin with. NOOOO! STOP SIGGING ORCU- *killed by Orcus*
    My Steam profile!

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Who was Robin Williams?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Who was Robin Williams?
    A famous comedian and actor, famous for playing in Mrs Doubtfire, Hook, Alladin, and so on.