New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith: Assault on the Town of Ash (OoC)

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    But...wait...isn't that....oh....oh....OH.... oops... =.= Uhm... can I just.... sheepishly....like.... not exist anymore? I am not making things easier on myself. And that's bad. Though I had a job interview today, which went super good. Which might improve overall mood and morale a bit, also good. But will give less time for... detailed stuff... like remembering to check rules and the like... which is bad...
    I don't want to fail the group, as a whole. If it's just myself that disappoints myself by screwing up... its whatever... I just...I can't... ='( I'm sorry....
    I hope your job interview went well!

As far as rules go, I have a player in my real life DnD game who can never remember the rules to that, either. Some people just have a hard time remembering things.

For training specifically, the easiest way to remember it is that it takes a number of hours to level equal to the first number in their current level. (Level 10-19, 1 hour; Level 20-29, 2 hours; and so on, with Pokemon below level 10 taking half an hour to level.) The other restriction is just how much they can train in a day, which is the same for every Pokemon, no more than three levels. (Also, you can't train them that much every day, or they'll get tired. (Five levels max in three days.)

Did that help?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    It's about 9 AM for you and Gnomes, which is to say you have about an hour.

EDIT: I feel like I'm forgetting something, so if I've missed anything yell.
    I was rereading the thread, and I think you missed Floatsom.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh... I think we got bot'd?

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    I was rereading the thread, and I think you missed Floatsom.
    Quote Originally Posted by essCee View Post
    Got it, thank you! Pinklady will definitely keep an eye out for it going forward.
    By the way, unrelatedly, I believe an error was made updating post #452 - seems you copied #461 into it.
    Flotsam's bit got nuked with my copy-paste error. Luckily, I write most of my posts offline so I had a backup. It should be fixed now, let me know if I screwed anything else up.

Note to self: should have just left the color black.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Pinklady:

((Anything else you want to chat with Stef about or should I move this along?))
    Nothing else at the moment, ready to move along!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Gorman I never got clarification from you, who are you training and for how long?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground

You won't be getting clarification. I do not wish to partake anymore. IRL issues and lack of medication have my nerves shot and I simply do not want to burden or fail others with my.... bologna. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors. Thanks for letting me be a small part of this back on HC. It gave a feeling of...worth. I appreciate that.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

You won't be getting clarification. I do not wish to partake anymore. IRL issues and lack of medication have my nerves shot and I simply do not want to burden or fail others with my.... bologna. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors. Thanks for letting me be a small part of this back on HC. It gave a feeling of...worth. I appreciate that.
    All right, good luck with your real life issues.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to see you go, Gorman. Good luck in life!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I barely knew you, but I wish you well.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope you enjoyed your time with us. If there's anything I can do to help don't hesitate to let me know.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Take care, gorman, wish you well on those issues and getting your medication.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry to see you go! Hope things get better for you!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you for the reminder! Quick question: can the mallet be used when there's only one "hit" left you can do
    Yes, you can do that.

Also, in doing the minigame, will it be a quick I choose a hit -> you respond with results -> I choose my next hit, or shall I be "batching" some hits together to prevent it from being drawn out so much?
    Either works.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe a bit of miscommunication on my part, I meant that I'd be willing to fast-forward to ~2pm, after doing the tear-down too. Mark was planning to be there for both, and getting through the checkpoint could make him late for tear down if he left Skybreak mid-day. I was planning to have him go get lunch free, delicious Pokemon Center lunch in between set up and tear down.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    Maybe a bit of miscommunication on my part, I meant that I'd be willing to fast-forward to ~2pm, after doing the tear-down too. Mark was planning to be there for both, and getting through the checkpoint could make him late for tear down if he left Skybreak mid-day. I was planning to have him go get lunch free, delicious Pokemon Center lunch in between set up and tear down.
    Okay, I don’t have time to change it over right now but I’ll try to fix your bit later today.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good! For now, I'll just have Mark do some default lunch stuff and get a bit of training for Tattersail if he isn't joined for lunch stuff.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Windstruck, what do you want to do? You’ve made it clear you have no interest in loot or new Pokémon. You said you wanted hard mode and then decided not to leave town after one fight. What do you want to do?
    Hardmode? Yeah, kind of. It's a way of putting some constraints on things for sure... but I'm not going to act completely stupidly suicidal? You have demonstrated multiple times that enemy pokemon straight up just one hit KO our pokemon. Without even any weaknesses. Sometimes doing that to multiple pokemon at once. It's only reasonable to exercise a little caution.

I don't know what I want anymore at this point. I guess I was more interested in some opportunities to explore a bit and RP? That's essentially what I was doing by the way. Flotsam considers Rascal and all the other pokemon with her as dear friends and cares about what they think too. It's not like I was just blatantly asking, "Hey GM, what next do?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Hardmode? Yeah, kind of. It's a way of putting some constraints on things for sure... but I'm not going to act completely stupidly suicidal? You have demonstrated multiple times that enemy pokemon straight up just one hit KO our pokemon. Without even any weaknesses. Sometimes doing that to multiple pokemon at once.
    Which I warned you would happen when you said you wanted to dump your inventory. You’re running around in a literal warzone, and you’ve been actively avoiding anything that will make your life easier.

It's not like I was just blatantly asking, "Hey GM, what next do?"
    Then I have to question your intention for that post, given that you’re perfectly capable of having Rascal answer back yourself.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad everything's okay!

Quick question, how long would it take to get back to Reiva from Skybreak on Arcanine back? (They're famous for being fast overland, but I have no idea what that means in actual numbers)

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick question, how long would it take to get back to Reiva from Skybreak on Arcanine back? (They're famous for being fast overland, but I have no idea what that means in actual numbers)
    Hmm, I was originally just going to make riding a Pokémon be double the normal walking speed, but let me check the Arcanine entry…

Oh my. “This fleet-footed Pokémon is said to run over 6,200 miles in a single day and night. The fire that blazes wildly within its body is its source of power.”

6,200 miles / 24 hours in a day = 258 1/3 miles per hour unless my math is off.

…for DM sanity reasons I’m going to rule that that’s the absolute top speed, maxed out with no passengers.

For normal travel let’s say he can go about as fast as a car without serious risk of losing his rider(s). So 10-15 minutes, give or take? Assuming you're taking a straight shot across country. Sticking to the roads would be longer.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sensing some hostility here. Maybe that's understandable, but in any case, I think I'll bow out or.. I don't know, however we'd describe this current situation and leaving the game.

It was nice briefly playing with you all. Good luck!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, I was originally just going to make riding a Pokémon be double the normal walking speed, but let me check the Arcanine entry…

Oh my. “This fleet-footed Pokémon is said to run over 6,200 miles in a single day and night. The fire that blazes wildly within its body is its source of power.”

6,200 miles / 24 hours in a day = 258 1/3 miles per hour unless my math is off.

…for DM sanity reasons I’m going to rule that that’s the absolute top speed, maxed out with no passengers.

For normal travel let’s say he can go about as fast as a car without serious risk of losing his rider(s). So 10-15 minutes, give or take? Assuming you're taking a straight shot across country. Sticking to the roads would be longer.
    Yeah, I saw the same entry. The math on the Poxedex entries is usually nonsense though. I think someone did the math on Lanturn's entry and figured out it gives off more energy than the sun. (Or light? Not sure.)

Pokedex nonsense notwithstanding that sounds like a fair ruling. I assume going faster would have risks, but we can cross that bridge if we come to it.

I'm sensing some hostility here. Maybe that's understandable, but in any case, I think I'll bow out or.. I don't know, however we'd describe this current situation and leaving the game.

It was nice briefly playing with you all. Good luck!
    It was nice playing with you too, Windstruck.

Spoiler: Unsolicited Advice, Feel Free to Ignore
    Show

Seriously, feel free to ignore this and not respond. I won't be offended. I usually try and stay out of conversations that don't involve me, and I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to listen to my opinion about them.

I think this might be a result of some miscommunication/misunderstanding about who controls who's Pokemon and the nature of the setting. I think it's reasonably likely that you and KI could work things out in private messages if you give it a chance.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the math on this stuff is the reason why I feel "The pokedex entries are clearly written by a 10 year old" is canon. Some of them are just clearly false: Larvitar does not eat entire mountains, Tyranitar's hide is clearly not the toughest material in the universe (it doesn't even have the highest defense stat among pokemon in the games!), Magcargo definitely isn't nearly twice as hot as the surface of the sun, people do not throw 44lbs Geodude like they are snowballs (check out Fire Red's pokedex entry), etc.

Pokemon lore is truly a silly thing.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that was a lot so please, please, please let me know if I forgot something or screwed up my math or anything else.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that was a lot so please, please, please let me know if I forgot something or screwed up my math or anything else.
    Math Check!
    Spoiler: Math Inside
    Show

Starting Funds

Sold
    Beach Glass - 400
    Beach Glass - 400
    Lone Earring - 300
    Total: 1100

New Total PD: 9200

Bought
    Heart Scale - 100
    Antidote - 100
    Antidote - 100
    Potion - 300
    Potion - 300
    Rope - 550
    Pinap Berry - 20
    Magost Berry - 55
    Watmel Berry - 95
    Durin Berry - 95
    Belue Berry - 95
    Niptir Berry - 30
    Natural Gift - 2000
    Total Spent: 3840

Total Remaining: 5360

Math looks right! Let me know if I did mine correctly.

I'm also amused that three of us managed to post within ten minutes of each other.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Math looks right! Let me know if I did mine correctly.
    Thank you! Yours looks fine also. Your inventory should be updated, let me know if I left anything off.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    ((Assuming this is after the meeting he's going to have with Lijan, since shopping takes a while))
    Yes, you have about two hours to kill between the trading and the text message.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-05-21 at 05:58 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lots of fun lore!

Let me know if I should skip ahead to the meet-up
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Lots of fun lore!

Let me know if I should skip ahead to the meet-up
    I don't think you got the text because Less doesn't have Akio's number, but that's easy enough to fix. Mina gave Akio hers so we'll just say the 'come get me' text came before the meetup, and work from there. Anything else you want to do? I can split the timeline for you if necessary.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-05-23 at 08:45 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I don't think you got the text because Less doesn't have Akio's number, but that's easy enough to fix. Mina gave Akio hers so we'll just say the 'come get me' text came before the meetup, and work from there. Anything else you want to do? I can split the timeline for you if necessary.
    Not really, Akio is just resting after a long morning
    GNU Terry Pratchett