New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

Mark:

“She’d wanted a premium brand of Fighting-type specific Pokéchow, but I didn’t have any of that on hand at the time. I ordered some afterwards but she - wait, Mina?” the breeder interrupts himself. “Black hair, kind of pale? She’s your friend with the Riolu? Here,” The breeder has a distinct air of ‘ha! I thought so!’ as he digs behind the counter. A moment later he tosses a handful of small bags over the counter to you; they have a Machamp on the front and a little paw stamp that reads ‘For Babies!’ on it. “Here; it’s on the house. I still owe her for helping get my dad out of the Spectral Dimension.

As for a distinct smell…I was low on the baby soap too, I don’t remember which she bought but the only scents I had left at the time were Pine and Sandalwood.” The breeder takes two bottles off a shelf and puts them next to the baby food. “Was there anything else?”

Spoiler: Added to Mark’s Inventory:
    Show

6 Premium Fighting-type Baby Pokéchow
    Baby Pokémon Anti-Flea and Tick Shampoo (Pine)
    Baby Pokémon Anti-Flea and Tick Shampoo (Sandalwood)
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith Part 2: Of Shadowed Paths and Spectral Evidence

After a moment of watching, Less asked "You're training your Pokemon for a contest, aren't you? The coordination and balance is quite impressive."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Pinklady:

The boy with the hematite bracelet speaks up. “We’re on our way back. Chelsey” he indicates the girl with the agate earrings “wanted a chance at some of the Pokémon up in the mountains and Feo thought we could test out some of our strategies and help out some of his other friends at the same time.”
    "Sounds like a pretty successful trip, then! I'll not keep you from finishing your return any longer. Good luck at Trainer Hill!" Pinklady looks over at Whirlywhirly to check if she'll need to give him a wake-up petting.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

“She’d wanted a premium brand of Fighting-type specific Pokéchow, but I didn’t have any of that on hand at the time. I ordered some afterwards but she - wait, Mina?” the breeder interrupts himself. “Black hair, kind of pale? She’s your friend with the Riolu? Here,” The breeder has a distinct air of ‘ha! I thought so!’ as he digs behind the counter. A moment later he tosses a handful of small bags over the counter to you; they have a Machamp on the front and a little paw stamp that reads ‘For Babies!’ on it. “Here; it’s on the house. I still owe her for helping get my dad out of the Spectral Dimension.

As for a distinct smell…I was low on the baby soap too, I don’t remember which she bought but the only scents I had left at the time were Pine and Sandalwood.” The breeder takes two bottles off a shelf and puts them next to the baby food. “Was there anything else?”
    "Yeah, Mina. She's- Oh. Oh!" As the breeder got all of those supplies out, Mark blinked a few times and picked up the bags, putting the soap bottles on top. "You've done plenty, thank you! I'll make sure Mina gets these, and send her your regards. Thank you!" Picking up the bags, Mark glanced between them and the breeder and promised, "I have an egg in an incubator right now, if I need help raising whatever hatches from it I'll be sure to bring them here! Now let me get out of your hair for real..."

With all of that done, Mark made his way to the Pokemon Center, loaded down with all of his goodies... oh. Hey. Now that they had soap so he could give his pokemon a proper bath! Which is a thing... he was not going to say... out loud... near any contest trainers................ again. They should also probably try to track down Aroika first, so that their tracking pokemon wouldn't get confused by the smells from the washed pokemon on their teams. But here he was, getting ahead of himself again. He had to meet up with Mina first!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Less:

He glances over at you but doesn’t otherwise give you much notice. “Yes, thank you.” His tone of voice has the sort of vague politeness that suggests that he gets complements like that a lot, and stopped being moved by them long ago. “Ambrosia, pick up the pace. Hold your head higher…” A little water sloshes over the side of the cup. “Keep steady!”

His Delcatty is going through another pass before he addresses you again. “Did you need something?”

----------------

Pinklady:

“Thanks!” The three trainers bid you goodbye and continue on their way.

Whirlywhirly mostly seems bored waiting around, but is otherwise alert. Croaky’s earlier rain seems to have taken the edge off the heat, or perhaps it’s just getting late enough in the day that it’s starting to subside on its own, because by the time you reach the Pokémon Center the temperatures have dipped down to bearable. It’s about 7:30 PM, and judging by the map there are another couple miles to go before you reach the Shrine of Light.

----------------

Mark and Mina:

“Stop by again or let me know later if you want me to take a look!” The breeder calls after you as you make your way out with your spoils.

The main square is only sparsely populated, the gallows at its center casting a progressively longer shadow as the afternoon wears on. You find Mina sitting in the lobby of the Pokémon Center; she waves you over when she sees you.

Nurse Joy says our Aura master was through here a while ago, but she hasn’t been back here since then,” she says without preamble. “Did you learn anything at the Daycare?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

The main square is only sparsely populated, the gallows at its center casting a progressively longer shadow as the afternoon wears on. You find Mina sitting in the lobby of the Pokémon Center; she waves you over when she sees you.

Nurse Joy says our Aura master was through here a while ago, but she hasn’t been back here since then,” she says without preamble. “Did you learn anything at the Daycare?
    Mark did his best to continue not thinking about the gallows because... hoooooooo, boy, that went dark places. He does his best to affix a Marky grin when he spots Mina, though, and makes his way over with a bag held high. "I bring information, baby food and soap!" He exclaimed, with the most false bravado he could. "Sooooo he didn't help hatch your Riolu, the aura guardian seemed to be insulted that he tried actually, but she did buy some supplies from him! One of those two soaps in there. Maybe Riolu can tell us which one she washed him with, and we can have your Houndoom, my Umbreon or Less's Arcanine track her with that. He also chipped in some baby food, as thanks for when you saved his dad from the Spectral dimension."

With that, he hands her the bags and carefully rummages through his bag. "Also got the samples. Need to make sure they stay chilled, but it's pretty cold right now, so I should have time to- aha!" Pulling out the empty (and lightly crumpled) water bottle and holding it aloft, he picks his bag back up and says, "Gonna refill this quick, if you wanted to get Riolu out and ask him if either soap smells familiar. Should be good to go back to Skybreak after that."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Pinklady:

“Thanks!” The three trainers bid you goodbye and continue on their way.

Whirlywhirly mostly seems bored waiting around, but is otherwise alert. Croaky’s earlier rain seems to have taken the edge off the heat, or perhaps it’s just getting late enough in the day that it’s starting to subside on its own, because by the time you reach the Pokémon Center the temperatures have dipped down to bearable. It’s about 7:30 PM, and judging by the map there are another couple miles to go before you reach the Shrine of Light.
    "Whew! What do you say we take a quick rest, Whirly?" Pinklady asks as they reach the Pokémon Center. Whichever way Whirlywhirly's feedback goes, Pinklady realises the cart wouldn't be great to obstruct the interior of the Center with and follows up with, "Oh! I'll need to quickly hand off the hurt to the nurse, would you like to come with or stay out here?" She offers Whirlywhirly's Pokéball so that he can make his choice more clear.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark and Mina:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    "I bring information, baby food and soap!" He exclaimed, with the most false bravado he could. "Sooooo he didn't help hatch your Riolu, the aura guardian seemed to be insulted that he tried actually, but she did buy some supplies from him! One of those two soaps in there. Maybe Riolu can tell us which one she washed him with, and we can have your Houndoom, my Umbreon or Less's Arcanine track her with that. He also chipped in some baby food, as thanks for when you saved his dad from the Spectral dimension."
    Soap?” Mina asked, briefly confused until Mark explained. “Oh, yes.

She should probably check in with Spencer while she was in the area. Make sure everything was doing okay locally.

But in the mean time she called out Riolu.

"Also got the samples. Need to make sure they stay chilled, but it's pretty cold right now, so I should have time to- aha!" Pulling out the empty (and lightly crumpled) water bottle and holding it aloft, he picks his bag back up and says, "Gonna refill this quick, if you wanted to get Riolu out and ask him if either soap smells familiar. Should be good to go back to Skybreak after that."
    All right then.” Mina opened both soap bottles while Mark took off for water. “Okay sweetie, a man in town said your human bought one of these soaps, do either of these smell familiar?

The little Fighting type had perked up, but somewhat nervously at the mention of his previous trainer, and then he looked suspicious.

We’re going to try and find your human for you. I need to know which smell she was using so we can find her,” Mina repeated gently. “Here.” She squirted a little of both soaps out onto her wrists for him to sniff.

He looked suspicious a moment longer but finally investigated the soap. By the time Mark reappeared the baby Pokémon was barking excitedly at the Sandalwood.

I think this is it,” Mina informed Mark, showing him the label before giving him back the soap bottles. “Are you all set now?

Spoiler: Inventory Updates
    Show

Mark:
    -6 Premium Fighting-type Baby Pokéchow
    -Empty Bottle
    +Water

Mina:
    +6 Premium Fighting-type Baby Pokéchow

----------------

Pinklady:

Whirlywhirly indicates the Pokéball.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"Possibly." Less responded. "I couldn't help but notice that your Pokemon seem to have the good health I associate with Poffin. A friend of mine has an interest in making poffins of her own. I was wondering if you had any wisdom you could share about what she was looking for, the 'recipe for disaster', I believe it's called."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

By the time Mark reappeared the baby Pokémon was barking excitedly at the Sandalwood.

I think this is it,” Mina informed Mark, showing him the label before giving him back the soap bottles. “Are you all set now?
    Mark took back the Pine, but left the Sandalwood with Mina. "You should keep that to make sure you have it on hand, since you're the lead for this search party. Plus, we should both probably pamper and wash our teams after we find Aroika. Anyway." Bag on his back, he holds out his hand for her and says, "Ready to go!"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Pinklady:

Whirlywhirly indicates the Pokéball.
    Pinklady acknowledges by withdrawing Whirlywhirly to his Pokéball. "You've definitely earned it!" She tells him, then sends out Blast Bolt. "Blast Bolt, I'll need you to keep an eye on the cart! Just make some noise if anyone tries messing with it, please!" (Assuming no dissent from Blast Bolt.) Satisfied with the cart's safety, Pinklady heads inside to hand off her injured and wearied Pokémons' Pokéballs to the nurse.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Akio texts the group. **I'm at the library doing basic research about... you know where. I gave a cover story in case there are Spies.**

With that, he continues reading the primer on the spectral realm....
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Less:

“She’s just starting out? Curse Ailesha and her Poffin classes. Tell your friend to learn to walk before she tries to run.”

----------------

Mark:

All right then,” Mina replies, putting the soap in her pack. “Little one, you and I will be right back, but for now: return! Xatu, take us to Skybreak.

Spoiler: Inventory Updates
    Show

Mark:
    - Baby Pokémon Anti-Flea and Tick Shampoo (Sandalwood)

Mina:
    + Baby Pokémon Anti-Flea and Tick Shampoo (Sandalwood)

Mina bids you goodbye before Teleporting off again. The line into the city is nearly nonexistent, but then, it’s only a couple hours until curfew.

----------------

Pinklady:

Blast Bolt settles down by the wagon to glare at anyone who approaches - that being no one (at least that you can see) outside at present.

Indoors is a different story; a pair of trainers have stationed themselves by the windows, keeping watch, perhaps not surprising this close to Bandra territory…a fact the nurse reminds you of as she heals your Pokémon and returns them to you.

----------------

Akio:

The book is very old but informative, if somewhat dense. While it doesn’t use all the modern terminology, it does make note of a ‘critical mass’ that Pokémon reach upon absorbing a certain amount of energy (the book’s exact wording is inconsistent, it mostly waffles between ‘spectral’ and ‘ethereal’) after which they undergo severe and violent personality changes while switching colors to splotchy black and purple - obviously Shadowing.

It notes that at least one early documented case had been mistaken for some kind of shiny variation or similar genetic mutation, and it was theorized that it was accompanied by genes for excessive aggression or caused by some hormonal imbalance…until it was discovered that removing the Pokémon from Helnith caused the color change to vanish. But the personality changes didn’t immediately disappear with the new color scheme, instead eventually fading much later. As a result, very early treatment mostly consisted of removing the Pokémon from the region until the side effects wore off, until the connection to spectral energy was discovered.

Strides were made in reproducing the ethereal energy aggression phenomenon artificially but were steeped in controversy for both the obvious safety and ethical reasons but also for scientific ones - mainly concern that the artificially created energy wasn’t a perfect match for the naturally occurring kind, and that any results found using it would be inherently flawed. In time, however, it did become an important cornerstone for testing various treatments as well as mechanical methods for detecting the accumulation of ethereal energy on a Pokémon.

The book also mentions moving ’hot spots’ in the dimension that seem to generate spectral energy in addition to the attacks of some of the native creatures and speculates that these were some sort of extradimentional weather or possibly buildup from Pokémon attacks that clumped together to create pockets of the stuff (‘more testing needed’). As no one outside of the book has mentioned anything of the sort, it is unclear what it is referring to. There is also no mention at all of Shadow Rages as far as you can tell.

It concludes that further study on the subject will be heavily curtailed until the next greater dimensional convergence occurs in ten years, and the accompanying rash of smaller rifts.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark waves Mina goodbye and turned to talk to the checkpoint guards and explain he had a package to run to the university (at least, if they ask what's in the Styrofoam package wrapped in caution signs). Once he'd managed to get through, he demonstrates that all shoes are running shoes by booking it to the university as fast as his feet can take him. He has time to get there, get to the department store, and then walk back out, but... well, he wants to make sure he doesn't get trapped in here during curfew.

He's getting his steps in today! Take that, Tattersail! With her smug judging and everything... "See? I don't need to teleport everywhere... grumble, mumble... not getting fat..."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unfortunately," Less replied, wrly, "she's not one for patience, and times being what they are, time itself seems to grow shorter by the day."

Less paused. I thought had just occurred to him, should he be asking this man to a Pokemon battle? That was the custom when two trainers met in the road, was it not?

"In Pokemon contests, is there a usually battle round?" Less asked, probing.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark:

The gate guards make you wait a few moments while they double-check with the university, but eventually wave you through.

You make it to the university with time to spare, despite the amount of traffic in and around the building picking up - mostly students trailing over to the Department Store, but it seems to be a popular time for the general population to check out the museum too as you see more than one adult with a Silph Co Badge in the vicinity - and hand in your samples. ((+4,000 PD, 4,025 PD total))

The Department Store is even busier - lots of people trying to squeeze in their shopping after work and before curfew, some of the farmer’s market stalls packing up, and a handful of police grabbing a bite to eat at the food court, and that’s just what you can see on the ground floor.

Spoiler: Department Store Floor Layout Reminder
    Show

Floor 1 – Information and Food Court
    Floor 2 – Trainer Goods
    Floor 3 – Health and Fitness
    Floor 4 – Furniture and Kitchenware
    Floor 5 – Jewelry and Geology
    Floor 6 – Electronics
    Floor 7 – Rooftop Lounge

He's getting his steps in today! Take that, Tattersail! With her smug judging and everything... "See? I don't need to teleport everywhere... grumble, mumble... not getting fat..."
    Tattersail is both close enough and conscious enough now to send sleepy amusement your way.

----------------

Less:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    "Unfortunately," Less replied, wrly, "she's not one for patience, and times being what they are, time itself seems to grow shorter by the day."
    “Then she won’t make it as a Coordinator,” he replies, directing his Delcatty to sit back down and calling up the next in line to practice (a Dewgong). “A true Coordinator turns their Pokémon into a living work of art. It isn’t something everyone can do, it takes talent and time. Without those, even the rarest Berries turn to charcoal and the most graceful of Pokémon fall on their faces.”

"In Pokemon contests, is there a usually battle round?" Less asked, probing.
    “Yes, but she shouldn’t expect that to carry her through; the Appeals round is first, to sift out the chaff.”
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

The Department Store is even busier - lots of people trying to squeeze in their shopping after work and before curfew, some of the farmer’s market stalls packing up, and a handful of police grabbing a bite to eat at the food court, and that’s just what you can see on the ground floor.
    For a moment, Mark was tempted to run over to the farmer's market to see if they had any more Lum berries, but it was late in the day. He didn't have the most time, and any berries like that were probably long sold. He should grab something from the food court once he had his gardening supplies, though. It had been too long since he'd eaten...

Portable berry pot first, though! But he was absolutely not using the stairs. He'd done a lot of running on his way here, getting up to the fourth floor on his own two feet sounded miserable. Making his way to the elevator, panting and waving to anyone else waving in line, Mark rode up to the 4th floor, purchased another pot and 4 bags of Boost mulch. He considered getting more, but held back for now. He could buy more later and wanted to get some takeout, so he saved some money for that. (Should be 2,000pd over-all, if my napkin math is correct)

Riding the elevator back down, Mark went to the food court and got himself some fried rice, spicy orange chicken and egg rolls (Let's say 1,200 pd for mall food ). He waved to the officers if they glanced his way, but didn't spend time eating in the mall. He needed to get out of the city, after all, and he couldn't just run now that he had a bag full of food to balance! So he clearly had to walk out.

... Yes that was just an excuse. He's tired from the earlier run. Maybe Tattersail had a point. Shut up. The slower pace did give him the chance to text Mina, though. "It's raining riches! Got everything, will be outside the southern city gates. Whenever you finish up with your stuff, Sunshine, come pick me up. I'll save you an eggroll!" And probably some of the chicken and rice too, but he didn't think to send that.

If Mina didn't come to pick him up right away, Mark would spend his time waiting training up his Carvanha and eating half of his mall food. The dark fish was half-way to level 29 already, should be easy enough to train to level 30 before going to bed (though the second level was probably going to be finished at the Reiva pokemon center,) and getting this water type evolved tonight was going to be such a nice boon if Mark went to fight that surfer tomorrow. He would also spend a bit of time with Fisher to burn off that loch ness pokemon's shadowing, and plant the Lum berry with some Boost mulch, which he watered immediately, of course, along with any of his other berries that might need it.

Tattersail is both close enough and conscious enough now to send sleepy amusement your way.
    Mark sent back a vision of a cartoony scribbled version of himself sticking his tongue out at her... he should actually draw that some time. Some dorky pictures would be nice to draw. He was going to be busy training pokemon for the rest of the day, though...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

“Then she won’t make it as a Coordinator,” he replies, directing his Delcatty to sit back down and calling up the next in line to practice (a Dewgong). “A true Coordinator turns their Pokémon into a living work of art. It isn’t something everyone can do, it takes talent and time. Without those, even the rarest Berries turn to charcoal and the most graceful of Pokémon fall on their faces.”
    "I think Coordinator is more of a post war sort of plan," Less drawled. Maybe for both of them. It sounded like a peaceful sort of retirement, provided that he manged to make it through. A nice dream, at least. "But any tidbit might help to making it there."
    Not that Less was hopeful. The man was certainly full of himself, or at least his pride in his Pokemon was reflecting a more arrogant sheen than he had intended to cast.

“Yes, but she shouldn’t expect that to carry her through; the Appeals round is first, to sift out the chaff.”

"Well,"
    Less replied, "In that case, would you care for a Pokemon battle right here? My friend can't be here, but I might learn something in her stead. Three Pokemon apiece, perhaps?" He hadn't been able to really take Connie out yesterday. They needed more practice working together, and a low stakes battle like this might be an excellent place to get some.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark:

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Yes, your napkin math checks out.

So that’s 825 PD remaining after the food.

You get a response once you’re outside the city and planting the Lum Berry.

Spoiler: Berries
    Show

Grepa in bloom
    Pomeg in bloom
    Qualot in bloom

Lum planted Day 29, 5:30 PM, Boost Mulch (3 Boost Mulch remaining)

Mina sent you a message!
    Outlook is stormy. Might be a while.

Carvanha has leveled up and curfew has officially begun inside the city by the time Mina texts again. It’s also started to cool down.

Spoiler: Carvanha
    Show

Pokémon: Carvanha
    Type: Water/Dark
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Level: 29
    Held Item: Power Weight
    Stats--
    HP: 74 [red]+4[/COLOR]
    Attack: 66
    Def: 25
    Sp. Attack: 51
    Sp. Def: 25
    Speed: 51 +24
    Moves:
    Focus Energy
    Scary Face
    Ice Fang
    Screech
    Swagger
    Assurance

No new moves.

Mina sent you a message!
    On my way.

She reappears not long afterwards with her Xatu. “Houndoom and I checked around town, no trace of the soap; she must not have used it before she left,” she says without preamble.

----------------

Less:

"I think Coordinator is more of a post war sort of plan," Less drawled. Maybe for both of them. It sounded like a peaceful sort of retirement, provided that he manged to make it through. A nice dream, at least. "But any tidbit might help to making it there."
    “Unless she’s mixing up four-flavor Poffin, tell her not to burn up any Blenders like the last pair that went through town. She can learn the basics anywhere, and there isn’t much point in me wasting time on someone with no actual talent.” He looks briefly considering. “Though if she is making four flavor Poffin, then show me - I might have advice to give or Berries to trade in the interest of fostering someone with actual skill. But I’m not taking your word for it.”

"Well,"
    Less replied, "In that case, would you care for a Pokemon battle right here? My friend can't be here, but I might learn something in her stead. Three Pokemon apiece, perhaps?"
    Not paying attention to a word I said. Typical trainer. Fine, what’s your wager?”
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Mina sent you a message!
    On my way.

She reappears not long afterwards with her Xatu. “Houndoom and I checked around town, no trace of the soap; she must not have used it before she left,” she says without preamble.
    Mark recalled his Carvana and waved to Mina when she appeared. As she talked about her frustrations, he nodded along and said, "Makes sense, she'd probably wait until she was actually in the mountains and her pokemon had gotten a bit dirty from the trek before washing them." Holding out the bag of takeout with his robo arm for her he asked, "Did you eat yet? Got the promised egg roll and some rice and chicken if you wanted them." He was still hungry, but had planned to pick up some snacks at the Center anyway and Mina... seemed to forget about food when she was focused. Which he kinda assumed she had been.

After her response he added, "And I think everyone else had plans for tonight with their jobs, so it's just the two of us. Um..." Clearing his throat and scratching at the back of his head, he asked, "Was there anything you wanted to do? You know, like... special training with our pokemon or watching a show or poffin crafting or something?" Smooth. So smooth.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

“Unless she’s mixing up four-flavor Poffin, tell her not to burn up any Blenders like the last pair that went through town. She can learn the basics anywhere, and there isn’t much point in me wasting time on someone with no actual talent.” He looks briefly considering. “Though if she is making four flavor Poffin, then show me - I might have advice to give or Berries to trade in the interest of fostering someone with actual skill. But I’m not taking your word for it.”
    Less nodded along, though he couldn't imagine Mina setting fire to a blender. The girl might be young but she was clearly too competent for that. . . . The man he was talking to though, well, bad manners didn't always belay a lack of talent. "Could I get your name and information then, so that my friend can reach out? My name is Lester Douglass."

Not paying attention to a word I said. Typical trainer. Fine, what’s your wager?”
    Less decided to ignore the muttered comment. He had been paying attention, but that didn't mean Less didn't have an agenda of his own here. Besides, the man had been rude. Less didn't really feel the need to take his preferences into too much account. "2500 PD? Or I would be willing to wager against some of your finer quality poffins, or rare poffin berries."
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2024-05-12 at 08:00 AM. Reason: broken quote

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark and Mina:

Holding out the bag of takeout with his robo arm for her he asked, "Did you eat yet? Got the promised egg roll and some rice and chicken if you wanted them."
    Mina’s stomach answered for her, rumbling audibly. “Oh, yes please!” she replied gratefully, accepting the food.

"Was there anything you wanted to do? You know, like... special training with our pokemon or watching a show or poffin crafting or something?"
    Well, I was going to go back to Hillsbreak and ask around about our Aura Master some more,” Mina replied, clueless as to Mark’s intentions. “But we can do some Poffin practice if you want.

----------------

Less:

"Could I get your name and information then, so that my friend can reach out? My name is Lester Douglass."
    The Coordinator sighs, but flips you a business card. Apparently, his name is Miles Foxxe. ((Added to Less’ contacts.))

"2500 PD? Or I would be willing to wager against some of your finer quality poffins, or rare poffin berries."
    “I highly doubt you have any Berries I would want and don’t already have. But if you want to make the wager interesting…I’ll put up any three Berries of mine, your choice, and in return you put up that Egg I can see poking out of your pack.

Otherwise, 2500 PD is fine.”
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Mina’s stomach answered for her, rumbling audibly. “Oh, yes please!” she replied gratefully, accepting the food.
    He raised an eyebrow, glancing at her belly before looking back at her face, and suggested, "Maybe we should stop in the pokemon center to get a bit more food. You know. Get a full meal. Add some cheese and crackers to that. Or an apple."

Well, I was going to go back to Hillsbreak and ask around about our Aura Master some more,” Mina replied, clueless as to Mark’s intentions. “But we can do some Poffin practice if you want.
    He blinked. She was busy. Of course she was busy! She was Mina, and she was doing important things and important stuff, Mark, you dummy. "Oh! Oh right. Um, I should let you do that instead. And I need to get my Carvanha evolved and stuff evolved so I can goooo see about fighting that one guy tomorrow. Yeah." He glanced at the ground for a moment and cleared his throat again, before looking up and flashing her another Marky grin. "We can get to that other stuff later, so don't worry about it right now, haha. Let's just get to Reiva and I'll let you get back to it!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

“I highly doubt you have any Berries I would want and don’t already have. But if you want to make the wager interesting…I’ll put up any three Berries of mine, your choice, and in return you put up that Egg I can see poking out of your pack.

Otherwise, 2500 PD is fine.”
    "Let me make a call first." Less replied. The egg . . . that was a wager that gave him a moment's pause. The man was braying donkey, but he didn't seem malicious. In fact, he even seemed like he might be able to care for the egg better than Less would be able to in the immediate future. But he wasn't willing to risk it for nothing.

If given a moment, Less will dial Mina, and ask "I've met a coordinator here, who might be able to get some of the berries that you needed, for a price. What berries would be the most helpful?" Less asked, without preamble.

((OOC:If Mina is able to give Less a list, and the man has Mina's top three choices, Less will agree to the wager.))
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2024-05-12 at 08:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Pinklady:

Blast Bolt settles down by the wagon to glare at anyone who approaches - that being no one (at least that you can see) outside at present.

Indoors is a different story; a pair of trainers have stationed themselves by the windows, keeping watch, perhaps not surprising this close to Bandra territory…a fact the nurse reminds you of as she heals your Pokémon and returns them to you.
    "Thank you for the warning, I'll watch my back!" Pinklady answers to the nurse's warning. With her Pokémon healed, she heads back out and sends out Whirlywhirly once again. "Want to take a bit of time to relax or get going again?" She asks as she attends to both Whirlywhirly and Blast Bolt with petting and attention.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark and Mina:

He raised an eyebrow, glancing at her belly before looking back at her face, and suggested, "Maybe we should stop in the pokemon center to get a bit more food. You know. Get a full meal. Add some cheese and crackers to that. Or an apple."
    No objections here!” Now that she could smell food, Mina realized she was starving, and her Pokémon probably were too.

"Oh! Oh right. Um, I should let you do that instead. And I need to get my Carvanha evolved and stuff evolved so I can goooo see about fighting that one guy tomorrow. Yeah." He glanced at the ground for a moment and cleared his throat again, before looking up and flashing her another Marky grin. "We can get to that other stuff later, so don't worry about it right now, haha. Let's just get to Reiva and I'll let you get back to it!"
    All right. Don’t forget we’ve got that job with the plaster tomorrow too,” Mina reminded. “But dinner first!

With that she made a beeline for the Pokémon Center and more importantly its kitchen, which was surprisingly empty - or maybe Mina was just surprised since she was so hungry herself.

----------------

Less:

Spoiler: Time Reference
    Show

This is just after the wild Pokemon battles on Mark and Mina’s end.

If given a moment, Less will dial Mina, and ask "I've met a coordinator here, who might be able to get some of the berries that you needed, for a price. What berries would be the most helpful?" Less asked, without preamble.
    You can hear the faint sounds of leaves rustling and insects in the background as Mina picks up.

Apicot and Ganlon, like I said yesterday,” Mina replies. “Was that all you needed?

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I’ll post your list of options in the OoC thread, but the short answer is that Miles has Apicot but not Ganlon.

----------------

Pinklady:

Blast Bolt seems alert but Whirlywhirly yawns. Based on your previous trip, it’s going to be another hour of travel if you decide to push on to the Shrine, give or take. On the other hand it’s currently 7:30 PM; nearly night.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

All right. Don’t forget we’ve got that job with the plaster tomorrow too,” Mina reminded. “But dinner first!

With that she made a beeline for the Pokémon Center and more importantly its kitchen, which was surprisingly empty - or maybe Mina was just surprised since she was so hungry herself.
    "Yup. Beach in the morning, along with trying to talk to Sesh. Plaster in afternoon to evening. Meeting with spectral gym leader," And getting trapped in spooky city, "around dinner. Free time: When I die." Mark confirmed, and he already sounded tired. "And yes, food right nooooow..."

He walked into the kitchen a little bit behind Mina, and sent mental greetings to Tattersail. If she was awake enough to smug at him while he was in the city, then she could probably feel him- wait. Oh no. She'd probably witnessed his failed flirting. Oh no his snooping psychic type was never going to let him live this down.

In the physical world, Mark's left eye started twitching and his face unknowingly took on a look of horror for a moment before he snapped out of it and tried valiantly to smooth his expression over. He didn't want Mina asking him what was up, and besides, he might be stressing over nothing! Tattersail might have been put back into a drug sleep, or might have been distracted by... an interesting ceiling tile! There was hope!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark and Mina:

Tattersail is, indeed, awake, and you can tell that while she’s much better she’s not quite 100% yet.

<Never mind your clumsy attempts to attract your mate, when am I getting out of here?> The thought is accompanied by twinges in the vicinity of where she was injured, boredom, and general crabbiness.

Meanwhile, in the physical world, Mina notices Mark’s expression and hers turns concerned. “Everything okay?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Mate... mate?! They weren't even dating! Mark sat down and covered his face with his hands, blushing horribly, and groans. <Nurse Joy said you're safe to come back to me in the morning. Which is super impressive, if you were a human you'd still be out for a few more weeks with injuries like the ones you had. So be patient!>

Out loud he tells Mina, "Tattersail is awake and snooping on my thoughts and teasing me about things again... Oh. Yeah. 'Sail, Mina is connected with her Xatu now." He said it out loud so that Mina was in the loop. His head popped up suddenly, blush barely faded, but a spark of excitement in his eyes. " Ooooo, actually, that's something else we can experiment with. Maybe see what weird stuff we can do if our psychic types do a meeting of the minds? Maybe we could telepathically communicate with each other! Or... maybe they'll just be able to coordinate their attacks or teleport better or something. I don't know. But we should figure it out!" They needed to experiment... For SCIENCE!

... He could probably look up what happened when two psychically attuned trainers had their pokemon seance. Actually, he should just... "Actually, let me see if anyone else did it on the internet and make sure its safe..." And he pulled out his pokedex to do just that.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's it," Less replied, his voice friendly. "Some of these names fall right out of my ears. I'll have to get a journal from my house when we go. Thank you, Mina."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And LordRuby was locked to his phone for a few days, so that didn't help!"

With that, Less negotiated for two Apicot berries and a Lum berry. That last one was particularly important. Curing any possible status condition was a powerful boon, and one that Mina and her planters could take full advantage of! Less, of course, was blissfully ignorant of the berries that Mark and Mina would soon find.

Finally, after looking over Mile's Pokemon, Less swapped out Princess's Niptur berry for a Magost berry and indicated that he was ready to begin.

((OOC: If you need Less's lead before we start, it'll be Connie.))
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; Yesterday at 08:48 AM.