New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Shipping V: The Squick and The Dead

WARNING: This thread contains romance between forum members. While kept within the PG rating of this thread, it may still disturb anyone who reads it. Brain Acid lake is down the street to the right, but it is shared with AMEN. Best to bring your own.

Rules:
    Keep it forum friendly.
    No overly sexual stuff.
    Each pairing must have at least one forum member.
    When posting a fic please state above the story who you're shipping.
    Only post fic about people who have given their permission in either This Thread or somewhere else. There is an updated list of people who have given permission linked below.

Helpful stuffs:
    Definition of Shipping (no, it is not to package things and send them...atleast, not in this context)
    The Shipping Permissions List
    First Thread
    Second Thread
    Third Thread
    Fourth Thread

The next couple posts are reserved for the index, which will be updated when I get the time to do it...
    Indexed so far: Thread One, Two,Three, Four up to page twenty
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2009-01-14 at 03:54 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping V: Because Undead Need Love Too

Reserved for index.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Also reserved for index.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe index here too, just in case and because I am paranoid.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping V: The Squick and The Dead

What, you afraid I was going to fill the whole first page with index posts?

'Sides, I'm working on another ship right now, will post when I am done.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

There's definitely going to be a point eventually where the entire first page will be for the index.

I don't envy the archivist when we reach that point.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Your reward, dear Destro, for taking up the mantle of archivist!

The Brigand of the Border Collie

Part 3
    Starring: Destro Yersul, Reinholdt, Wolfbane, Cristo Meyers
    Mentions/Cameos: RabbitHoleLost, Midnight-Son, and Happy Turtle

Spoiler
    Show

They did indeed gain a sizeable lead. Destro watched as their French pursuers let down there sails and cruise out of port.

"Wolfbane is coming for me, Reinholdt," Destro said. "I don't think that we can outrun them for long, our lead is too short."

"The good governor certainly has a vendetta against you now. Seeing how you toppled the mast on his ship and all," Reinholdt replied.

"Make sure the crew stays at the ready. I-" Destro started. He was interrupted by an exceedingly foul, yet familiar stench.

"What is it, Cristo?" Destro said, not turning around. He didn't want his chief gunner to see him holding his nose.

For Cristo Meyers lived up to his nickname, Stinkpot. The man seemed to refuse bathing of any kind. The cleanest he had ever been was when he had been forced overboard by the crew seven months back. He had refused their pleas and admonishments to wash. So they, with Destro's private approval, had lit a small powder charge beside him as he stood by the rail on deck. The startled Cristo lost his balance and fell over the edge. The men then threw a bar of soap down at him and told him that they would not let him back aboard until he washed. It took two circling sharks for Cristo to finally concede.

Destro thought the measure extreme, but if he had intervened the crew would have certainly mutinied.

Cristo had regained his stench only a month later, and his clothes were now as foul as ever. The experiment had been a failure.

"Beggin' your pardon, captain sir," Cristo said, his dirty hat in his hands before him. Though Cristo stood behind him, Destro could smell the foulness of his breath and feel it on the back of his neck.

"What is it Cristo?" Destro responded, resisting the urge to gag.

"Well captain. I just thought I should mention that we are low on iron. We got plenty o’ powder, mind you, but if we have to go broadsides with that French behemoth behind us, we won't stand a chance," Cristo said.

Bad news. Destro was used to it. "Thank you Cristo, get back down below and start gathering any bits you can find and store them in buckets by the guns."

"Aye captain," Cristo said before sauntering away.

Destro sighed. Looking out for La Provence made his thoughts turn towards RabbitHoleLost. He had met her nearly a yearago, but somehow she was foremost on his mind, more than any other of his conquests.. If only her father wasn't out for his neck, things could be different.

La Provence was now quickly fading out of sight. Destro's lead was strong, but it might not last. The French vessel was still in hot pursuit. Destro knew that there would be a confrontation.

He would have to make it under his own terms.

"We are too far away from an English port..." Destro said, trailing off into thought. They could not make it to a friendly port in time.

"What are we going to do captain?" Reinholdt asked.

"Turn about, and sail back towards Martinique," Destro said.

Reinholdt gaped. "What do you mean captain?"

"If we try to sail away they will catch us at open sea and we will be finished. Every man here will be tried and hanged."

"Captain, like Cristo said, we can't go broadsides with La Provence. We need to at least try to get away."

"I said turn her about Reinholdt, I have a plan," Destro replied calmly.

"Captain, to be frank, the crew is not going to like that order. And a ship's crew has a long memory," Reinholdt said ominously.

Destro resisted the urge to yell. His first mate had never questioned his orders like this before. "I have led these men through almost two dozen engagements. Over half of those provided ample plunder. They will trust my judgment, and you have your orders." Destro replied as calmly as possible.

Reinholdt stiffly turned and walked away. "I hope that French wench is worth it." He said over his shoulder.

Destro glared at Reinholdt, wondering what had come over him. He shook his head. The pirating life was getting old fast. He had been the captain of The Border Collie for many years now. He was still young, and had enough plunder stored away to buy a plantation on one of the Caribbean islands. Maybe he could convince Rabbit…

Destro felt the ship begin to turn about. The sails shifted to make better use of the changing wind direction. They were now sailing back towards Martinique.

"This might catch 'em by surprise then, eh Captain?" A crewman nervously asked Destro.

Destro merely nodded. He felt selfish. He wasn't doing this for plunder or prestige, not even for mere survival. It was truly for Rabbit that he was doing this.

It was only midday. Destro had only been escaped from the noose for a few short hours. Now he was sailing back into the clutches of governor Wolfbane. How such a blossom as Rabbit could have been born of that selfish and ignorant fop was beyond Destro. How she could have become such a strong swordfighter when raised by governesses and tutors was part of her appeal.

"La Provence dead ahead captain!" the lookout, shouted from the crow's nest.

"Prepare for battle men, that scurvy-ridden Wolfbane is sailing with far too much plunder in that ship of his. Let us liberate this gentleman of the weight." Destro cried out. He had always been a loyal subject to the crown. Besides, the king himself had given Destro an under-the-table authorization to plunder Spanish and French ships.

Destro ran to his quarters and prepared for battle. He opened the thick sea chest by his bunk and began sorting through it.

The first object he produced was his trusted sword, a fine rapier of quality craftsmanship. He attached the sword belt over his sash and made sure that the rapier could be pulled from its sheath with ease.

Next were two fine pistols that he had confiscated from a Spanish nobleman who had been foolish enough to sail on a ship carrying a gold shipment. He loaded them and stuffed them in his sash, also ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

Reinholdt was standing on the bow of the ship. He was peering through a spyglass at La Provence. He heard Destro approach and lowered the spyglass. "Captain, I still think this is complete folly."

"I think that it is a bad idea to express such misgivings when you are around the men," Destro replied. He grabbed the spyglass from Reinholdt and took a closer look at La Provence.

The ship was almost twice the size of The Border Collie and the crew on deck outnumbered Destros own. Destro saw Wolfbane peering through a spyglass towards Destro.

Destro smiled and waved. Wolfbane lowered the spyglass and stomped his feet.

"They are regulars, Reinholdt. They won't fight as well as battle-hardened brigands such as us. I am going to address the men now. Sound the attention." Destro said, lowering the spyglass and securing it in his shirt.

Reinholdt cupped his massive hands to his mouth and bellowed, "All crew aboard! Attention!"

The men stopped whatever they were doing and stood silent, watching Destro.

"Alright men. This will be our biggest prize yet, a French Vessel near half the size of glorious England. La Provence's crew outnumbers us, and her guns are well-supplied and maintained-" Destro began.

"That don't mean nothing to us now Cap'n!" The Border Collie's doctor, Midnight Son called out.

"That’s right! I say that we take the 'ole ship for ourselves. It should fetch quite a fortune in Barbados." Another man cried out.

Destro was amazed at the quality of his crew. Reinholdt had feared mutiny.

Reinholdt said nothing. Destro turned to him. “Its okay to have doubts every now and then.”

Reinholdt nodded. “Aye captain.”

The men had prepared for battle. Pistols, rapiers, and cutlasses decorated every man’s attire. They were as efficient and professional as a ship of pirates could be. They understand that the only way to take on a larger opponent was to hit them hard and fast.

“Reinholdt, we may not have much of a fight to deal with anyhow. I am known across the Spanish Main for mercy… provided they surrender without a fight,” Destro said with a grin. The last part was a joke really. Destro was a pirate, but he always considered himself somewhat of a gentleman as well.

Destro now grabbed hold of a rope and held fast on the deck. He heard the side doors swing open. He felt the rumble of the cannon’s being moved into position.

The ships were close, moments away from battle.

“Happyturtle,” Destro said. “We will make an initial pass with our cannons. Then I want you to ram the ship, try to give it to them broadside.”

“Aye captain,” Happyturtle replied.

The ships were now within small-arm range. Destro had always observed, the present situation being no exception, that when two ships closed for battle time seemed to slow. All his actions felt sluggish.

Destro had pulled out his two pistols and aimed them towards the Frenchmen aboard La Provence. He knew that return fire was inevitable and braced himself for death. Hopefully, death would come quickly if he decided to pay a visit.

He gave a quick prayer in his head and uttered what would have been a barked order to fire. Instead he cried out in a low growl.

Smoke inched across the deck, obscuring his target from view. All that he could see now was the vague outline of La Provence’s massive sails.

Small streaks appeared around Destro, lead balls piercing the smoke. He could follow their paths through the air. Eventually they passed and Destro was left standing, unharmed.

He was heartened. He had survived the first volley. He only hoped that few men of his had been struck.

A loud boom caught Destro off-guard and brought him to the deck. Wood splinters flew over where he had been standing. He lay shocked, all the while thanking every entity that he could conceive for his fortune.

Somewhere a voice was calling his name, or rather, his title. “Captain…Captain…”

He looked to see Reinholdt, a small stream of blood trickling down his cheek. Reinholdt had reached down and was now pulling him up.

“Thank you,” Destro replied.

The two ships had fired their payload and had passed each other. Time began to return to normal as the distance increased.

Destro also regained his composure. He drew his rapier and pointed the glinting blade towards the sky. “Turn us about! Prepare to board men!”

The familiar metallic shink of drawn blades reverberated across the deck. A few men lay bleeding. The ship’s doctor was already pulling the wounded below deck to treat them.

The Border Collie now had the winds to their advantage and sailed on a collision course towards La Provence. The smoke had cleared enough for Destro to see Wolfbane franticly running across the deck.

La Provence began to turn about. They had reversed Destro’s advantage back at Martinique. Now The Border Collie’s T had been crossed by their French opponents.

“Full sail!” Destro cried. “Brace for a cannon volley!”

La Provence’s guns shattered the brief lull in the firefight. The large iron balls ripped through the ship, decimating the hull.

There was a loud crash and the forward mast fell to the deck and then toppled into the sea. Still the Border Collie sailed towards the French behemoth.

Smoke, iron bits, and wood splinters sailed through the air. Most of the crew fell flat on their stomach. A few unfortunate men were struck down.

The fierce volley ended, leaving two sails on The Border Collie. Midnight Son’s team started carrying down the new wounded and dead.

“What are you doing you fool!?” Destro heard Wolfbane cry.

“Paying my respects good Governor!” Destro replied. He would have said more but The Border Collie had slammed headfirst directly into La Provence’s starboard side.

Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-01-06 at 02:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

ha ha ha...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    ha ha ha...
    I couldn't think of another character tag...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

First of all, OMG! I suggested something and it was chosen! YAY!

Secondly, seeing as I'm cramming Japanese food into my mouth as fast as I possibly can and seeing the time, I may NOT be able to write Whisper today, but I'll try my best!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

ha ha ha...
    Here's a new avatar for you, in case you ever consider changing it
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Destro's crazy...
    *mutinies and becomes Captain Barbossa*
    Cause he was awesome.

Love it TwoBit.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-06 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I dunno if I should be in love with GW or terrified of him.
    I've very tempted to sig this... Dunno if I have room in my sig, though, with all the stuff I've got crammed in there.

I made room...hope Rabbs can forgive me for removing one of my stickers.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-07 at 01:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Another story from FtF Inc.
    Fredericks Last Stand
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, welcome back, did you enjoy the last story you saw here? I have another story for you, stay a while, sit down and watch. The view shifts towards the same orb you saw before, the orb zooms in to fill your entire world. You look down upon a wartorn field, a demon rising from a pit in the middle of the field, with Clerics and Wizards trying to subdue it with both Divine and Arcane magic.
    Suddenly, a voice echoes in the world, what, you wouldn't think I wouldn't build a narrator into these stories.

This story involves six heroes, but it is only about one of them.
    The view shifts to a tall blonde-haired man with a lute strung across his back, a longsword in his hand, it is obvious he is a bard, his name is Cristo. Is this story about him and his adventures in robbing the rich to feed the poor? No it isn't.
    The view shifts to a man with grey hair and a white overcoat, his left hand glows with divine magic and he holds a runed blade in his right. His whole body is illuminated in light, he is a cleric like no other, his name is Nil, or to be more accurate, Saint Nil. Is this story about him and his quest to save the world from the darkness that consumes it? No it isn't.
    The view shifts to a blonde-haired paladin and a dryad, it is obvious that the two are in love, you can see it in the way they look at each other, its the kind of look that says "I would lay down my life for you", there names are Sir Mordokai and Flora. Is this story about their relationship with the ideals of true love conquers all? No it isn't.
    The view shifts once more to a dark woman, clad in black robes, her entire body glows with dark and unholy power. The woman has a mysterious beauty about her, that is merely hidden beneath her power over death itself, a necromancer, she is known simply as Rabbit. Is this story about who she would use her powers of necromancy to help those in need? No it isn't.
    This story isn't about ant of these five, of course I said there were six heroes didn't I. The view shifts downwards, to a dwarven man clad in golden armour, a horned helmet adorns his head, a red beard covers his face. He holds a runed axe in one hand and a simple shield in the other. A grim visage lies upon his face, as if he knows something terrible is going to happen. He is this stories focus, its hero, if you can call him that, he knows that he isn't a hero, he sees himself as a simple fighter. This story is about his last battle, his sacrifice to save the people he cares about.

The demon rose up out of the black pit that had summoned it. The creatures hide was as black as night and lined with razor-sharp spines, its tail forked at the end, claws the size of houses and in its eyes you could see the very essence of darkness itself. Its roar was a promise of endless torment for all, a promise of agony and eternal shadows. It was barely contained by the magic of the clerics and wizards who had come with the adventurers, it wouldn't be held much longer.

"Is this the end?" The bard asked.

"If it is, then let us go down fighting." said the Saint.

"I agree with you Nil. Let us show this creature the folly of its ways. Are you with me Flora?"

"Forever my love, forever as I have told you a thousand times before."

The mysterious Rabbit speaks. "My fingers itch, let us be done with this creature."

"Hold noble companions, this is not your fight, this is my last battle." Said the Fighter.

"What the heck are you talking about Fred?" Said the rest of the group.

"The prophecy, The Vision said I would die upon dealing a killing blow to a great demon warlord. That demon, is..... was my brother, he fell from grace, his lust for power drove him to dark places that no man should ever have to see."

"Fred, you don't have to do this. We are your friends, we are here to stand beside you."

"Nil, I respect you, you are my friend and my brother in arms, but this is my battle. I don't want anyone else involved, I don't want anyone else getting hurt."

"Before I go, I want you all to promise me something."

"Ok Fred, if this is what you want." They said in unison.

"First, when I go to slay that thing that was my brother, I want you to run far away, don't bother coming back for me and don't look back, just run. Second, don't let me fade into the past a forgotten warrior, I want to be remembered for I who am, I want to be remembered as someone who tried to do something good for the world. Cristo, you are more qualified to do this than anyone, if you can, write a poem or a song about this someday, tell the tale of the last battle of Frederick Theodore Fighter. Third, Nil, don't try to ressurect me, I don't want to be, just remember your brother in arms for all the times he has stood by you, honour the pact we made by never stopping in the quest to slay evil wherever it raises its ugly head. Fourth, Mordokai, Flora, I have some advice for you, get married, be happy together and since I won't be there for the wedding, take this."

Fred hands Mordokai a large coffer, when Mordokai opens it, he finds that it is full to the brim with gold coins.

"Think of it as an early wedding present, that should help you get a nice house and settle down."

"Finally, Rabbit, I have something to tell you. This is probably the most important thing I've ever said, so listen carefully. I love you, not as a friend, or as a sister, I love you with my entire heart and soul, but don't let my death prevent you from being happy, you'll make some lad very happy one day, I know it."

Fred turns and you can see a small tear on his face, he faces the demon and speaks once more. "Goodbye my friends. One day, we may meet again in the heavens above."

Fred runs off towards the demon, it has almost broken free from the divine and arcane chains that bind it.

"So your the demon that was once my brother are you? Supposedly you are the most powerful demon in the universe, let us put that rumour to rest."

The demons roar would have instilled a dark horror in the soul of the bravest hero, but Fred stood there, unflinching, a man who knows he is going to die has no fear.

Fred replies with a roar of his own. Yet this one was different, it was deep, uttered from his very heart and soul, it uttered through the air accompanied by all of his determination, all of his might and all of his courage, a roar that would inspire a mere commoner to rise up against a Great Red Wyrm. As this roar of defiance echoed throughout the night sky, Fred charged the demon, shield held in front of him, axe ready to strike, a scowl of determination across his brow.

The warrior dove through the flames that surrounded the demon and struck the first blow, although small compared to the demon, Fred's axe bit deep into the creatures ankle, a howl of pain erupted from its gaping maw, the creature lashed out with its tail, but the warrior was ready, He leaped back with blinding speed, avoiding the strike, the creature spat flames at Fred, Fred raised his shield in defiance, the shield melted to half its former size. The warrior threw his shield away, grasped his axe in two hands and charged once more, he leaped high into the air, through the darkness and the inferno that surrounded the demon, his axe held above his head, another primal roar erupting from his lips, the axe bit deep into the creature's right eye. Suddenly, the creature grabbed Fred, ripping the axe from the wound with him, a torrent of blood gushing from the wound. In it's rage it cast Fred to the ground like a ragdoll. He hit the ground with a thud but rolled with the impact, landing on his feet, still clutching the axe that dripped with the demon's dark blood. Once more he sprang at the demon, but was caught by a claw in mid-air, dark talons raked through armour and flesh and knocked Fred to the ground. Once more he stood up, heavily bleeding from the wound.

"I WILL NOT LET THIS BE IN VAIN!"

Fred charged once more, lightning flashing across the night sky, the creature grasped the wound on its eye that burned with dwarven rune-magic. Being a veteran to combat, Fred used this to his advantage, using the creatures tail and spines to climb the demon. The creature lashed at the tiny warrior that dared to climb his form, but every time the creature attacked, the warrior moved, causing the demon to strike itself and open another wound that spilled with black ichor. The warrior leaped from spine to spine, until he finally stead at the demon's neck, he stared at it face-to-face, with a look of a true hero in his eye. Not the hero who strikes at the darkness and wins against all odds, but the hero who sacrifices his very being to save the world, the kind of hero who people forget, who people let fade away into the past. The creature was amazed at the tiny soldier, not only had it taken wounds that had felled dragons, but it also had the courage to look it in the eyes, to question its power! The creature merely thought the warrior was foolish at first, but now it realised that this warrior was a force to be reckoned with.

Before the demon could even grab Fred, he leaped, his axe held high, he swung it in a downward arc, striking the creature in the other eye. The creature lashed out blindly, but Fred used the creatures claw to carry him towards its chest. He leaped from the gnarled talon and struck deep into the demon's chest, his blade bit home, the dwarven runes on his axe shining brighter than before. Fred hung on to his axe, not willing to let this creature to take his weapon from him, his last remnant of his dwarven heritage. The demon roared with both pain and fear, two things that the warlord Chakang'al'a'chun had not felt for a long while, not since he had been a weak and mindless mortal. Fred hung on still, battered and bruised, he could see his friends watching upon a far away hill. Goodbye my friends. Fred closed his eyes and let himself slip into the light.

On a far away hill, Cristo, Nil, Mordokai, Flora and Rabbit watched the titanic battle between noble Fred and the demon warlord.

"Has he done it? Has he killed it?" said Cristo

"It looks like its going through its death throes" said Rabbit, "Wait, is that Fred there, hanging on to the creature, what is he doing! Is he trying to kill himself!"

R"abbit, calm down, he knew this would be his last battle, he tolds us himself. Don't be worried for him Rabbit, he has already left this world for the next. If you can hear us Fred, your wishes will be granted, you will be remembered, may you rest in peace my brother." Said Nil.

The group walked away, with tears in their eyes. Tears for a friend, for a brother, for a mentor and father, for something that could have been.

This is the story of a man who would not wait quietly for the dark to take him, a man who wanted to help the world, a man who gave his life for us all, let him be remembered for all the things he has done to help us all.

I think I hear a sequel being born in the distance.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-01-07 at 01:27 PM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Here's a new avatar for you, in case you ever consider changing it
    How'd ya like to be redeemed as a paladin of the goddess of chastity, smart guy?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I'm the one that has to bite my tongue...
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

17. - Top - End - #17

That's what I thought.

Now, behave!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

That's what I thought.

Now, behave!
    *pulls out febreeze*

down, Stinkpot! Down!

*sprays*

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whisper, Part Eleven starring Brandelle/Mordokai/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brandelle woke with dawn's light, a habit she had established working at the inn. She lay quietly, feeling the deep, even rise and fall of Mordokai's chest against her back as the paladin slept. Her mind raced, though she held perfectly still. She watched the motes of dust floating in the air, dancing in the slanted beams of light that came in the window. A slow smile crept to her lips.

Before long, Mordokai woke, cradling the girl protectively, possessively. His eyes fluttered open, his pale hair swept messily across his eyes. He breathed deeply, smelling Brandelle's hair, her skin. He pulled her a little closer, letting her know he was awake.

Brandelle rolled over to face him, propping her head upon her hand. "Good morning, darling." Mordokai said nothing, just smiled and ran his fingers through her hair. Brandelle kissed his palm as it slid down her cheek. "You know that by now they must all think we're lovers."

Mordokai chuckled and sat up a bit. "I suppose they do. Won't they be disappointed?"

Brandelle tilted her head to the side as if considering something. "Will they?" Mordokai raised an eyebrow. Brandelle placed her hand, small and pale and delicate, against the paladin's much larger chest. Without any resistance, she pressed him down onto his back and moved to lean over him.

Finally Mordokai seemed to find his voice. "Brandelle! I don't know if..."

Brandelle moved her hand from his chest to his lips. "But don't you care for me?" Mordokai smiled warmly. "Do you...want me?" The paladin swallowed hard, then nodded slowly. Brandelle grinned and pressed her body close to his. "Me too."

Mordokai shivered at the raw desire in her voice, his own heart pounding so loudly in his ears he could barely hear her. Brandelle swung a leg over him so that she sat straddling him and busied herself with tangling her fingers in his hair. Mordokai sighed, closing his eyes. Brandelle leaned down to whisper in his ear, stealing soft, light kisses onto his neck.

The tingle of magic filled the air, noticeable only by those most sensitive to it.

Quickly, Brandelle swung her leg back over the paladin and admired her handy work. Mordokai slept deeply, caught in a lusty dream crafted and weaved by a combination of his desire and Brandelle's magic. His fingers clenched the sheets, a light sweat appearing on his brow. Brandelle smiled, tracing her fingers along his jawline. "Too bad. I really would have liked to join you, dearest. Next time, I promise."

Crossing the room quickly, she polished a corner of the window enough that she could see her reflection, faintly, in the glass. In the reflection, another face - a woman, nothing more clear than that - appeared, just over her shoulder. Brandelle whispered harshly, hearing an answer no one else could. "I don't care what bargain we made. I will not give him to another." She paused, as if waiting for an answer. "Then take the magic, I don't care!" Another pause. "Well, no, of course I don't want to be helpless again...but I wouldn't be! As long as I have him I..." Her face contorted in anger. "I know you're bluffing. You can't take the power, or you would have. And he will not leave me. I'll make sure of it. You'll see." The other face vanished, leaving Brandelle alone to seethe. After several long minutes, she checked on Mordokai, still wrapped in her dream magic, then left the room, latching the door behind her.

Brandelle hurried across the tavern, not seeing anyone, providing no one the opportunity to notice her. She stepped out into the street, still a bit quiet this early, and swiveled her head in both directions before choosing to head closer to the castle. She spoke to several vendors, quietly, quickly. The first few didn't know anything, but then she met several who had the answer she sought - the location of the woman in the top hat.

Finding an old, abandoned-looking hut, Brandelle stepped inside boldly, letting her eyes adjust to the sudden darkness. "Rabbit?"

A cool, frightening voice answered. "I could kill you for entering here. You know that, right?"

Brandelle nodded, not seeming afraid in the slightest. "But that's not what you want."

Rabbit noted the girl's flushed cheeks, her breathing hurried. She smiled, an icy, dangerous grin. "Nor what you want. Let me guess. You imagine that you love him?" Brandelle bit her lip, all the assertion Rabbit needed. "And you fancy that he might grow to love you back. And so you've come here to make sure there's no...competition." Brandelle's hands clenched into tiny fists. Rabbit waved her anger and concern away as if they were gnats. "You needn't worry about me, dear. I don't want that stupid, pesky paladin following me around like a puppy dog. You'd almost be doing me a favor." Brandelle sighed, relief washing over her features. Rabbit chuckled and leaned back, her face obscured by shadow, her expression unreadable. "But know this. There will be others. The paladin is SWORN to love, to lust. His heart belongs to every pretty girl he meets."

Brandelle smirked. "And also some of the not-so-pretty, it seems."

Rabbit hissed through clenched teeth. "Another comment like that and I'll kill you. Just so I can raise you as a zombie to make you lick my boots all day." She adopted a smile again, leaning forward to extend a hand. "So, you keep the paladin off of my back, alright? I'm sure you can find ways of...distracting him...until my business is done here."

Brandelle gripped Rabbit's hand and gasped - it was freezing cold! All the same, she shook it bravely. Finding herself without anything to say, she turned and left, closing the door behind her.

Rabbit watched her through a shaded window. When Brandelle was out of sight, a single bloody tear rolled down her cheek. "Do not fail me, girl. Or I will kill you both."
    -----------------------------
    Back at the inn, Brandelle crept silently into her shared bedroom. Seeing Mordokai as she had left him, she smiled and leaned down to gently kiss his lips. Swiftly she undressed, down to a simple nightgown, then removed most of Mordokai's clothing as well. Her hands caressed his many scars and old wounds, each making her heart pound, this man more noble and wonderful to her with every breath. When she was finished, she crawled into bed with him, wrapping herself in his arms. With a single whispered word of magic, she released him from her spell. Spent, truly exhausted by what his mind told him he had experienced, Mordokai fell into a deep, natural sleep, all the while holding Brandelle to his chest. Tired, too, from the exertion of casting such an extended spell, Brandelle slept too. Together, they dreamed of life, of love, of days yet to come.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

20. - Top - End - #20

And now, good sirs and ladies of the thread I present you with what has come before in:

Definition drabble

Outraged
    Accentuate
    Domicile
    Alienist
    Prolix
    Dragoon
    Ineffable
    Golem
    Jurisprudence
    Definition - by Helgraf
    Lothario
    Exculpate
    Touchstone
    Prelapsarian
    Remora
    Kickshaw
    Bifurcate
    Simulacrum
    Undulant
    Wisenheimer
    Conciliatory
    Videlicet
    Scapegrace
    Sanguine - by Helgraf
    Frieze
    Zany
    Frigorific
    Aphorism
    Tocsin
    Imperative - Helgraf

And now:
    Lollygag - to spend time idly, aimlessly, or foolishly
    Spoiler
    Show

”What’s she doing? We’ve been following her aimless wanderings all day and she’s done nothing! We’ve been past this outcropping four times now!” he hissed acidly. ”What’s she looking for?” It was obvious to her followers that she was hunting determinedly for something in the few score acres she’d criss - crossed that day.
    That wasn’t the problem so much as the fact that she’d just stop for no reason, sit down and do nothing for an hour or so and move on. It was pouring it down and often there was nowhere for them to hide from the rain.

Elysian - of or relating to Elysium
    Spoiler
    Show

It was so soft; the gentle touch of the rain made her think of her beloved Mama. She was looking for her. The silken tears from above made everything so glorious. The skeins of rain wrapped everything up, hiding the hard, jagged lines and brought the highest heavens down to earth for one glorious, rare blessing. For her, a broken one in sore need of refreshment. And the rain was sweeter than manna from the heights.
    How could anyone seek shelter when heaven mingled with earth? Those fools were missing out on a miracle. Perhaps it was for her alone.

Candor - whiteness, brilliance
    Spoiler
    Show

In her excandescence the blinding whiteness of the sun blanked out the sky, bringing her her most wished for Mama. ”Sshh, my brave little one. You’ll be okay and Turtle will find her happiness again. I promise.”
    ”I’m so scared Mama.”
    ”Your friends’ll help, and if they don’t they’ll feel the flat of my hand! Remember how painful that is?” RHL laughed and silver bells rang out in carillon and her Mama grinned. She’d always loved her eldest’s laugh. ”I have to go, keep your brave heart.” She left, and with it silver grey seeped back, alive, into the sky.

Three for the price of one. Doesn't this thread feel blessed?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Whisper, Part Eleven starring Brandelle/Mordokai/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    wowwy wow wow!

This is why we need to bring back and finish IStLY...

well worth the wait, Dirk. I'm so glad you were able to post it today!

Edit: @Curly. A Three-for!! Truly we are blessed today!

Edit2, the sequel: @Happyturtle down V: Fantastic. I loved it!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-01-06 at 05:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Ship Wars

Episode V: The Empire Ships Back
    Part 7

Starring:
    Calamity as Calthreepio
    CurlyKitGirl as Curly Jade
    Jibar as Princess Catmuffin
    Randman22222 as Rando Calrissian
    Rubakhin as Rubakha
    Thanatos5150 as Than Tolo

(Full cast list and links to previous instalments here)

Spoiler
    Show
    "You're going into an asteroid field?" Princess Catmuffin asked.

Than looked at his script and started to read his next line: "They'd be crazy to follow--Gah! No. Just no. I won't do it. Space does not work that way. Asteroid belts are not this thick, and even if they were, there is no way in hell I'm going to accept an asteroid with a freaking atmosphere."

"But the atmosphere is inside the space slug!" a voice from the other side of the fourth wall said.

"And that makes it better? No." Than ripped several pages off the front of the script. "No. No. No. No. Here!" he said, jabbing a finger down at the page. "We can start here. Arrival at Cloud City."

A heavy sigh comes from behind the fourth wall. "Fine."

As the Lucky Penny landed at Cloud City's spaceport, Than was not surprised to see Rando Calrissian waiting for him. Penny used to be Rando's ship after all. It would have been better if they could have avoided his notice. This was going to end up being the most expensive repair job he'd ever requested. He still didn't know what was wrong with the hyperdrive, but they also had to buy Rando's silence. With Bladder the Hutt's bounty as high as it was, that silence was going to be costly.

He knew it was trouble when Rando was so friendly, going out of his way to show them extra hospitality. He'd steeled himself to see Rando flirting with Princess Catmuffin, but it still infuriated him. Especially since he couldn't risk offending their host. Catmuffin's safety depended on it.

Calthreepio stepped close to Than and spoke quietly to him. "I'm picking up a lot of transmissions using Empire encryption."

Than thought quickly. "Take Rubakha and the Princess and get back to the ship. As soon as she's on board, take off. You'll have to find somewhere else to make repairs."

"What about you?"

"I'll be staying here to buy you time. Now go!"

Calthreepio hurried away, and Than headed to Rando's quarters.

"I'm here to make a deal, Rando."

"I wondered how long you'd be."

"Catmuffin leaves, I stay. You can sell me to Bladder or the Empire--have a bidding war for all I care--as long as she gets away safely." Than said.

"I already have you now," Rando pointed out. "Why would I deal?"

Than put a blaster to his own head. "Because I'm worth a lot more alive than dead."

A kick to the kidneys sent him sprawling, the blaster spinning away across the floor. Than found himself quickly and efficiently immobilized by Curly Jade.

She smiled down at him. "I think you'll find that your bargaining position is not as good as you'd hoped."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Hello.

Going to start writing my first ship sometime this week or weekend and thought I'd put my general idea out there to see if it was too horrible or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    The setting is the late 1920's, during prohibition. The story takes place in 'Ship City' <yeah, the thing isn't meant to be taken too seriously > Four untouchables have kept the city clean and sober for going on three months but word reaches the protagonists <I'm thinking of using Ghost Warlock and Mordokai as good guys. Go figure!> that a massive shipment of bourbon is on its way from Canada and three liquor kingpins known as the 'Booze Banditas' <Thinking of Ego Slayer, Gezina, and SMEE> with their nerfarious henchmen <Thinking of FF fanboy and a few others> have moved back into town. So the heros set out to stop their shipment, end their plans for Ship City and ensure the city remains sober, if not exactly safe.

I figured I would ask if my current character placements were ok with the people involved and also ask for volunteers for nefarious henchmen/red shirts.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Hello.

Going to start writing my first ship sometime this week or weekend and thought I'd put my general idea out there to see if it was too horrible or not.

[spoiler]*snip*spoiler]
    I figured I would ask if my current character placements were ok with the people involved and also ask for volunteers for nefarious henchmen/red shirts.
    I'm down for whatever!

Can't wait to see it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

@TBW: hillarious and well written. Can't wait to see more

@Fred: you have a high opinion of yourself, I see That can actually be a good thing, but I'm not sure if you didn't over did it here, if only a little. It's a good story, in any case. But the use of colors would help, in making it easier to read and looking nicer.

@Dirk: what to say here? There are many truths in there and had I still be a paladin, I'm sure Reinholdt would be shooting my legs by now. But it's a great story and I can't wait to see how things turn out and how this continues.

@Curly: three for price of one is always a good deal! I like what you're doing there and looking forward to next drabbles.

@happy: sorry, but as you probably know already, I'm not reading Ship Wars.

@Ms.Malbolge: looking good so far And yeah, I'm fine with whatever role.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    @happy: sorry, but as you probably know already, I'm not reading Ship Wars.
    That's okay. I forgive you.

*hugs*

*uses hug to sneakily attach manacles*

*drags into the torture chamber*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Fred- I'll may never understand the people who admit their true love then deny it. *shrugs* Or maybe I do and don't realize it. It was touching in its way.
    But I must recommend " " marks. Or color. Actually both. Makes life easy to read.

@ Dirk- Wow. Hot.
    *tries not envy Mordokai*
    *fails miserably*
    I can no longer shoot you in the legs Mordokai. I've become just as guilty lately.

@ Curly- Blessed indeed. Great work.

@ Happy-You make it hard to breathe you know that? Excuse me while I go stitch my sides back together.

@ Ms.Malbolge-It sounds good and interesting. As per always, I'm there for anything you need should you need to use me or my characters.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-06 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ship Wars

Episode V: The Empire Ships Back
    Part 7

Starring:
    Calamity as Calthreepio
    CurlyKitGirl as Curly Jade
    Jibar as Princess Catmuffin
    Randman22222 as Rando Calrissian
    Rubakhin as Rubakha
    Thanatos5150 as Than Tolo

(Full cast list and links to previous instalments here)

Spoiler
    Show
    "You're going into an asteroid field?" Princess Catmuffin asked.

Than looked at his script and started to read his next line: "They'd be crazy to follow--Gah! No. Just no. I won't do it. Space does not work that way. Asteroid belts are not this thick, and even if they were, there is no way in hell I'm going to accept an asteroid with a freaking atmosphere."

"But the atmosphere is inside the space slug!" a voice from the other side of the fourth wall said.

"And that makes it better? No." Than ripped several pages off the front of the script. "No. No. No. No. Here!" he said, jabbing a finger down at the page. "We can start here. Arrival at Cloud City."

A heavy sigh comes from behind the fourth wall. "Fine."

As the Lucky Penny landed at Cloud City's spaceport, Than was not surprised to see Rando Calrissian waiting for him. Penny used to be Rando's ship after all. It would have been better if they could have avoided his notice. This was going to end up being the most expensive repair job he'd ever requested. He still didn't know what was wrong with the hyperdrive, but they also had to buy Rando's silence. With Bladder the Hutt's bounty as high as it was, that silence was going to be costly.

He knew it was trouble when Rando was so friendly, going out of his way to show them extra hospitality. He'd steeled himself to see Rando flirting with Princess Catmuffin, but it still infuriated him. Especially since he couldn't risk offending their host. Catmuffin's safety depended on it.

Calthreepio stepped close to Than and spoke quietly to him. "I'm picking up a lot of transmissions using Empire encryption."

Than thought quickly. "Take Rubakha and the Princess and get back to the ship. As soon as she's on board, take off. You'll have to find somewhere else to make repairs."

"What about you?"

"I'll be staying here to buy you time. Now go!"

Calthreepio hurried away, and Than headed to Rando's quarters.

"I'm here to make a deal, Rando."

"I wondered how long you'd be."

"Catmuffin leaves, I stay. You can sell me to Bladder or the Empire--have a bidding war for all I care--as long as she gets away safely." Than said.

"I already have you now," Rando pointed out. "Why would I deal?"

Than put a blaster to his own head. "Because I'm worth a lot more alive than dead."

A kick to the kidneys sent him sprawling, the blaster spinning away across the floor. Than found himself quickly and efficiently immobilized by Curly Jade.

She smiled down at him. "I think you'll find that your bargaining position is not as good as you'd hoped."
    Yay! Ship Wars is back!

Oh, and er, I haven't been in this thread for a while, have I? >.>
    It's far too much for me to catch up on. My loss.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    That's okay. I forgive you.

*hugs*

*uses hug to sneakily attach manacles*

*drags into the torture chamber*
    *whimpers*

Not again...

Though I must admit, last time it was rather... educational

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

All right. I'll just use this post to update my newest saga.

Crazy Cristo

starring Cristo; DK, LIBM,Destro, Draken, Wolfbane, and Magtok mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show

Back In Cristo's childhood...

Cristo sat alone on the park bench. He was crying and sniffling. The cold winter wind snapped at him, making him shiver. His cheecks and nose were red from the cold.

Other children had pointed and laughed at him, calling him names, they espcially loved calling him Crazy Cristo.

Cristo didn't like being called that. It hurt his feelings. He sniffled again. They were always so mean to him, because he liked to dream big. He had grand dreams, dreams that he wished to accomplish someday.

Dreams of building a giant chocolate factory in this small little town. There was only one problem. Poor little Cristo was allergic to chocolate. Even the tiniest amount made him very ill.

Everyone aslo laughed at Cristo and his ideas. A chocolate factory ran by a man who couldn't even eat chocolate was preposterous to them.

Cristo didn't give up on his dreams though. Somewhere, in the very back of his mind, he knew he would build his chocolate factory. Then he would laugh at them.

But Cristo's life became worse. The bullying at school got even worse then usual. Dirk Kris taunted him and enjoyed making songs about him. Like how he had cooties and he smelled. Lyinginbedmon and Destro enjoyed playing pranks on him, and even managed to get Cristo's tongue stuck to a pole last winter. Draken always wanted Cristo's help in hurting or breaking stuff while Wolfbane tried to make him to good stuff and help the poor and homeless.

At home, Cristo's life was no better. His father, Magtok, wanted him to become an evil overlord much like himself, and succeed where he had failed so many times.

But Cristo didn't want to be an evil overlord. He just wanted to build his chocolate factory. So the months passed, and turned into years. The bullying got worse, as did his father's expectations. In the end, Cristo ran away from home.

Up until recently...

The Present...

Cristo walked along the halls of his giant chocolate factory, a smug look on his face. He was about to do the grand opening for his chocolate factory. In his hand, he held five Crazy Cristo Chocolate Bars. Inside each bar was a golden ticket.

He walked outside into the crisp cold air, and stood on a small rasied platform. A red ribbon was set behind him, and Cristo had his scissors in hand.

In a loud voice he announced Crazy Cristo's Chocolate Factory is now Open!!! as he cut the ribbon.

Cheering a a light appluase could be heard.

In addition, he said, I have placed a present inside five Crazy Cristo Bars. Five lucky children will be given a tour of the factory, as well as a lifetime supply of chocolates. In addition, there will be one very lucky winner who will recieve a special prize. In my hand are these five golden tickets. Soon, trucks containing Crazy Cristo Bars will depart. Inside five of those trucks, 5 lucky winners will find the golden ticket. Good luck! he shouted. With that, he returned to his factory.

Murmurs and whispers could be heard floating the crowds breath. No one had been inside the factory yet, and no one had seen the inside.

Soon the trucks departed. By noon, the whole town had known of the prize.

The (Un)lucky Rabbit's Foot
    It Obviously Doesn't Run in the Family
    Life on the Road
    Spoon+Fork=Spork
    The Buckets Family
    Curiosity Almost Killed the Wolf
    Reunions Are Never Too Late
    I Bet He Still Holds Some Grudges Against Them
    Are You Sure It Said Fighter In His Profession? (LIBM/Fred killed misplaced).
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-01-19 at 02:43 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.