To ArcaneStomper:
Spoiler
Show
Mysterious. Oh well - new hires was what I was aiming for.

Godslaying

Plan is as follows - ships jump into the system. Now, if we're attacked instantly by the fake moon, then we'll scramble into three directions, trying to use our mobility as an advantage.

I'll take a look at what kind of weapons the other ships have, assumedly they're 6 Mil as they're supposed to be. If the Dreadnought doesn't attack immediately, we'll set into formation as such:

The Wolf, the Varulf ship, positions itself at the edge of the system, aiming for the ability to take cover behind planetary bodies if not the star itself if necessary. It was equipped with long-range weapons as specified. The other two ships, designated Assault 1 and Assault 2 for this mission's purposes since I didn't get their names, will move slightly closer in a pincer movement, aiming to attack the enemy from two sides while my long-range attacks hit it from the third. It was orbiting a gas-giant, so this should allow the ship first targeted by it to use it's speed to try and get the gas-giant between itself and the giant ship's massive killer weaponry. The key is using the environment to our advantage, even in space battles.

If we have primarily ballistic weapons, we'll use the gravity fields to our advantage in curving our shots at it to maximize cover. The plan calls for a slow wearing down of the thing, while gathering more data as to what is the most effective.

If one of our Assault-ships gets struck by heavy fire and is left unable to utilize it's mobility for a retreat, the other Assault that's close by will move to assist and try to distract the big thing, if deemed feasible by the analysis of our crews on the tactical situation. If it's unfeasible and will likely result in the destruction of the other ship aswell, we will just have to leave them to their fate and keep up the bombardment.

The Wolf will act as the Command Center for the battle, relaying orders to the other two and keeping a full tactical overview of the situation constantly. If it's attacked, it'll try to avoid hits and move to a safer location covered by the star or the planets. If it's hit and damaged, it's to retreat further from the system's edge and the Assault ships are to distract the enemy away from it.

The orders are that once the battle begins, we're to keep on shooting whatever the situation. Keep blasting at the thing. If it shows any signs of weakness, blast it all the harder. If it doesn't show a weakness, blast it until it does. We've got enough firepower here to smash any Human fleet, we'll be damned if this thing ain't going down.