1. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: More Moe Is Needed: Let's Play Moemon: LeafGreen, Thread II

Well, I haven't played that part, so I don't know how she'll do. I write and play at the same time, thereabouts, so I'm usually at the exact point where the chapter ends when the chapter ends.

This universe has a lot more evil gym leaders than good ones, I've noticed, and a bunch more that are out-and-out neutral. Basically, the power structure in the moemon-verse is shifted dramatically away from good. I'd only say that one out of four of the elite 4 even *wants* to be good, and only 3 or so out of the 8 gym leaders actually are good. Even the neutral ones are pretty nasty to their rivals. This is probably because they have a lot more power, and you know what they say about absolute power. As we approach endgame, and as we've been approaching it, I've been hoping to make this idea clear thematically.

Giovanni's the only one not interested in just mindlessly (or fearfully) perpetuating the system, though he's fully comfortable abusing it to avoid reprisal.
    ...I'm not sure how well I really communicated this version of Giovanni's goals. Well, this next fight will give me one last chance, but I'm not sure how honest he's ever being about his goals. I'd say his goals are maybe 50% propoganda, 50% sincere. Maybe it was different once.

GAH! There's so much to fit in, and I'm running out of space! I get the feeling that the post-elite 4 chapters are going to be wierd, as I try to pace out all my beats, my resolutions, the other legendary fights, all that jazz with little actual in-game content. My brain, when turned to this project, is a mess of "oh, but where are you going to fit in that? When's the best time for that bit? Who is Spike going to pick, anyway? Assuming everyone lives through Elite 4. Will you have time for Mellow? Or Ala? And DON'T FORGET TO SET UP ANGEL, YOU FOOL! And what about that Oak subplot you've had going? And are you really at the elite 4 without a glimpse of Bruno other than Angel's original death? And what about that bit? Can the story run without it? It's a late addition: do you have time to be adding more stuff? Cut, you fool, cut!" Funtimes. Fuuunnntimes.

Also, it's because geodudes are in caves, which have a high density of unique pokemon. Same with Zubat. So we say "we can get a geodude later" and thus never do.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-05-31 at 09:38 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...