View Single Post

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh PbP: Okizruin v. Mistral

1. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh PbP: Okizruin v. Mistral

OOC: I can't negate the summon at that point; my last chance to negate the summon was when you activated Aquamirror. The summon of Mind Augus occurs during the resolution of Gishki Aquamirror, and you can't start a new chain in the middle of another chain or during the resolution of a chain. That rule leads to several effects, one of which already came up: my Night's End Sorcerer missed the timing because its summon happened halfway through the resolution of Magical Dimension (which summons, then destroys). It's also the reason cards like Black Horn of Heaven don't work on fusions or rituals, but Solemn Warning does.

Basically, certain continuous effects may apply during resolution if they aren't ignition-like (Skill Drain if it's already face-up, but not Royal Oppression), but other than that, I have to wait until after Aquamirror's effect finishes resolution and Mind Augus arrives on the field, at which point cards like Mind Augus herself (mandatory and "if"/non-time-dependent trigger effects carry over), Bottomless Trap Hole, or Fiendish Chain can activate and a new chain started.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-05-29 at 03:59 PM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)