View Single Post

Thread: Standing in the Balance (IC)

1. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Standing in the Balance (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    "Why, I am a genie, Master Assassin. A jann only - the weakest of our kind - but I can still count myself the equal of any denizen of the Outer Planes. We, the janni, are formed of all the elements in equal measure, where djinni and efreeti are mostly Air and Fire respectively."

Daeron smiled warmly. "I find it gives us a more open perspective than our brethren. I'm a warrior and an illusionist, myself. Where do you hail from, Master Assassin?"
    Flutter smiles, a little sadly.

"I hail from the Northern parts of the globe. I find the cold...invigorating. I originally came from elsewhere but...that place is no longer open to me. An illusionist though. That requires talent. Perhaps sometime you will have to show me some of your tricks. I think I will enjoy working with you." Flutter adds, a slight hint of mischief glinting through the prior emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato View Post
    The fourth to arrive is an astonishingly charming illumian woman with long dark hair and pale blue eyes. Her skin is dotted with minute scales like those of a dragon and pale blue sigils that mirror the colour of her eyes orbit her head.
    She wears somewhat loose trousers and shirt of exquisite red silk with a fine silk vest of purple leaf pastern.

"Tar yu vote!" she exclaims while looking around the room before setting eyes upon the other three and introducing herself with a large genuine smile.
    "I am Appleleaf, perhaps you may know me by another name; The Dragonswarm?"
    She steps off her pad and walks closer to the other three.

Spoiler
    Show

Active effects; Beguiling Influence, See the Unseen, Voidsense.
    Flutter grins at her genuine smile. "I am sad to say that I have been...off the grid, so to speak, since I came to this world. I know little except the traces of rumors from passing ice traders. I have heard mention of a fearsome sorceress with a penchant for becoming swarms and devouring folk, but to believe what little I have heard would be to accept that your swarm can put out the sun over an entire continent. I sincerely hope that is not the case -- It would make me feel rather superfluous."

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    "Now that, my lady, is impressive. I assume this is how you acquired your sobriquet?" Daeron cocked his head inquisitively, and responded telepathically to the spider.

And I am Daeron Aldaelon, a jann. You've changed your shape? May I ask why?
    Flutter looks suitably impressed by the transformation, bowing a little to the dissociated sorceress despite himself, and grinning at the incongruous look of deliberate innocence inked across the ogre's face. Still grinning, his smile fades somewhat as he hears the voice in his head, and he scans the room. Seeing the direction in which the Jann is looking, he turns to see the small spider crouching on the pad.
    "Greetings to you too Archos." Flutter inclines his head slightly to each of the new arrivals.

Spoiler
    Show

Im assuming that I can make the spot check.
    Spot Check (1d20+33)[42]
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-06-17 at 03:22 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.