So, a final update on my recent foray into trying to set something up with someone through OKC (earlier pieces of this have been scattered over the last few pages).

Having not heard from her in 2 weeks, I asked her today whether she'd had any luck with her job hunt (her primary source of scheduling conflicts over the month or so we were trying to figure out a date). Apparently, she got a job in DC (3 hours away from here, roughly) as a middle/high school choir teacher, and has already started her orientation. Which means that any chance of even trying to do something has pretty much fallen through. She apologized "that we never went out," adding that it had been a crazy summer for her. Exchanged another handful of texts (I congratulated her on her job, of course) after that, although I'd expect that conversation (which is pretty much ended now) to be the last exchange we really have.

Ah well, back to square... I guess it isn't quite square one, given that I've now gotten a reply (that seemed very positive) to a message I've sent. Back to the drawing board, I guess.