View Single Post

Thread: [PF] The Gunslinger's Handbook

1. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] The Gunslinger's Handbook

If you really want to push damage per shot, I'd even consider switching Point Blank Shot and Rapid Reload and just have Paper Cartridges when you need to shoot and reload in the same round. The rest of the time you can get into a better position for your next shot, which fits your modus operandi quite cleanly. I'd also consider switching Deadly Aim and Precise Shot, as 4th level is a sweet level to pick the feat up, as you can trade -2 to hit for +4 damage + your Cha via Focused Aim. Not a bad deal there, especially given you'll probably be in Point Blank range, so it's effectively -1 for +5.

Also, if I may ask, any particular reason to go Half-Elf? You could probably get a bit more mileage out of going Halfling or Human and have any 2 of PBS, Precise Shot and Rapid Reload as a Human at 1st level or have a bonus to both Dex and Cha, which are important for a Mysterious Stranger. Yeah, you'll lose a point of damage for using a smaller pistol but you'll gain it back in accuracy for your size and via Focused Aim.

I would definitely slot Signature Deed at 11th for continuous Cha to damage via Focused Aim. I would go so far as to say no straight class Gunslinger has a feat slot at 11th, they just gain a class feature called Signature Deed. And while losing Rapid Shot is a sad thing for damage purposes, Deadly Aim and Focused Aim should keep you in damage.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2012-08-20 at 08:19 PM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!