Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok459 View Post
Would any of you happen to know of any public 'builds' that run through say...a society legal version of a Gunslinger?

I've done quite a bit of reading on the class, and I'm trying to let it all sink in (brain overload), but it seems to me like if you build them right...a Gunslinger can be quite powerful.

It seems like the only thing holding back a Musket Master is the range on a Double-Barrel Musket (10ft WTF?)...and the only thing holding back a dual weilding double-barrel pistol user is GM discretion on the number of free actions you can take per round?

However, from a basic perspective, using a standard 40ft range Musket, I'm seeing great potential in early levels.

So for an example of what I'm thinking...

At level 3 - Using 10/18/10/10/16/10 - What would my numbers look like using something like Rapid Shot and any other important Feats? (using a 1d12 Musket and 2d12 Double Barrel Musket).
There isn't a lot to Gunslinger that isn't PFS legal. I mean, culverins aren't but you weren't looking at those, anyways. Also, I don't see why GM discretion would hold back a pistol user with free action reloads any more than it would bow or crossbow users other than the GM being a jerk about it.

So, assuming 3rd level Human Musket Master, with those stats, (remember, double barreled muskets are not the same proficiency as regular muskets, so Musket Master's free Rapid Reload, so keep that in mind. Also that PFS making firearms not Always Available means you can't get a double-barreled musket till between 3rd and 4th at the earliest due to Fame restrictions), you're looking at Point Blank, Precise, Rapid Reload and Rapid Shot, so a regular attack bonus of +8, +9 while in Point Blank range (most of the time), +7/+7 with Point Blank/Rapid Shot. You'll be doing d12+1 1-2 times a round, so averaging 7.5-15 damage a round, provided you don't jam, which you very well as a Musket Master with Paper Cartridges to keep up with the reloads. The damage spike happens at 4th and 5th, when you can pick up Deadly Aim at 4th and Musket Training at 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol View Post
So, I had planned to play a Ratfolk Pistolero Gunslinger/Vivisectionist Alchemist. The core concept basically involved being the "fastest gun in the west", with a character that wins initiative, rolls out the twin pepperboxes, and fires on a flat-footed opponent with Sneak Attack/Pistolero grit feat until dead. Also, alchemy. (Rogue could work as well, and the group as it stands needs a skill monkey, but with 18 INT, I more or less have it covered anyway. I'd also rather have the alchemy, but whichever.)

Problem is, I have NO idea where to break off of Gunslinger for this. I have one level already (which gives me 1d6 off that level, plus Gunsmith, etc), but 5 and 7 also make excellent break points for a Pistollero Gunslinger. The game is on the fast track to 20, and I just gained two levels in the last session, which need to be assigned either to Gunslinger or to Alchemist/Rogue (or whatever else I choose, but likely one of these). Can somebody please help me figure all this out?
5th is your best bet for skipping out if you want more Sneak dice, as Dead Eye isn't something to write home about. Get your pepperboxes enchanted with Distance or put Distance ammo in and don't worry about it.