Imageshack to the rescue!

Chapter 1, Week 1, Mood: Depressed
or
More Tutorial! We're Done Now, Promise

Spoiler
Show

Time for everyone's favorites: spying on people and stabbing them. Hooray!

As you can see, whenever you hit a multiple of 10, you get some nifty info. Including who has most to gain from our deaths :)

After our classes, we'll sometimes get little events. These usually contain choices or skillchecks, but...Not today.

"Oh, it's my cousins! And my aunt and uncle!"

I neglected to get dialogue alone, so here's her dialogue and her portrait. I may do that more often...
Anyway, so she's related to those people we were just reading about: the ones who are immediately behind us in position. But surely our beloved auntie only means us well.
Surely.

"Thank you."

I have no explanation for how someone related to this guy + Joslyn = Elodie. Now, admittably, what we just learned from our Internal Affairs course gets mentioned here, but these things will get more useful.
Also, man but this guy looks spineless.

Charlotte being Elodie's cousin, though, I can see. Maybe technicolor hair is...I dunno. A solid genetic explanation fails me. Recessive, but Joslyn and our aunt and uncle all carry it secretly? A terrible mutation resulting from noble inbreeding? Someone help me out.
Anyway, that is a seriously smile-y girl.

"Hi, Lottie. I haven't seen you in ages! Will you be staying long?"
...Hey. Wait, if they just arrived now, when was the queen's funeral? We just got home, there isn't one planned, and they just arrived.
Did no one attend the funeral of our monarch? Seriously?
Man, I'm glad this isn't a story LP. I'd have to invent an explanation for that.

"Yup! Mummy said we'd be here all month."

As you can see, events can affect our mood, too. We're a bit less depressed now, bringing us closer to equilibrium.

And now that we're done with that...

We come to our weekend activities list! This list will expand as we play: certain events and choices will unlock new options, but so will getting certain skills (or, in one case, skill groups) to 50.
Many activities vary depending on our current mood, and I'll try to note them as possible. Here is a list of our current activities:
Attend Court: +2 Yielding, +1 Depressed, +1 Pressured
Attend Service*: Our first Variable. It generally subtracts one from the current extreme, so it's - 1 Depressed for now.
Explore Castle: +1 Lonely, +1 Afraid
Play with Toys: +1 Yielding, +1 Lonely, +1 Cheeful.
Sneak Out: +1 Lonely, +2 Willfull
Talk to Our Father: ??? (Sometimes weekend activities that involve talking with people are like this. They may advance events and/or affect our mood and/or give us information. They may even include skill checks.
Talk to Charlotte: ???
Visit Dungeons*: Another variable. If you've got a point in Willful or Yielding, it will push you further in that direction and in the same (up-down) direction with Angry/Afraid. But we're nuetral, so it has no affect.
Visit Tomb: +1 Depressed, +1 Afraid
Walk in the Gardens: +1 Lonely, +1 Cheerful.

Now, I'm not going to ask you to make the mood choices blindly. I think it's more fun if you guys can do the best you can on whatever path you want to walk. So I'll tell you what moods boost what skill groups.
Oh, it's worth noticing you you can get Elodie into a totally neutral mood, with no bonuses or penalties. If you like.

These are taken from the wiki, so I can't garuntee accuracy, and they don't say what's a -2 penalty. Sorry.
Afraid Boosts: Agility, Faith
Afraid Penalizes: Royal Demeanor, Intrigue, Military, Weapons.

Angry Boosts: Military, Weapons
Angry Penalizes Royal Demeanor, Expression, Medicine, Animal Handling

Depressed Boosts: Expression, Animal Handling
Depressed Penalizes: Royal Demeanor (you sensing a theme?), Conversation, Athletics

Cheerful Boosts: Conversation, Athletics
Cheerful Penalizes: Intrigue, Military, Weapons

Willful Boosts: Lumen, Intrigue, Military
Willful Penalizes: Royal Demeanor (surprise, right?), History, Economics (huh, apparently something does penalize economics. But nothing bonuses it.)

Yielding Boosts: Royal Demeanor (At last!), Faith, History
Yielding Penalizes: Weapons, Lumen

Lonely Boosts: Conversation, Medicine
Lonely Penalizes: Royal Demeanor (Here we are again. It's always such a pleasure.), Intrigue, Faith

Pressured Boosts: Faith (Wow, is there nothing good about Pressured?)
Pressured Penalizes: Conversation, History, Economics

Got all that? Ask questions if you're not, good if you are.

With that out of the way, what shall we do with our weekend?

And what should we do with the week? If your vote is contigent on the weekend activity vote going a certain way, to get a certain mood or the like, do say so, and please try and provide an alternative for otherwise.

If you want to start multi-step plans to get certain bonuses to help meet certain goals, you can say that, too. Gives people some nice and organized votes. This'll probably become more common later in the game, especially when we die some.