Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
you define a place without filth and undead as a utopia?

id define peaceful undead and their masters as a boon, if they work within the laws provided... a simple set of state requirements. registration and proper id to be a necromancer in possession of registered undead. if they use these undead to maximize the community, out of sight from the general public (but in full knowledge of the public).
I don't quite follow that first sentence, but let me go ahead and tell you how I define utopia.

Utopia is fiction.

The longer I live the more convinced I am that people, as a whole, are incapable of existing in perfect harmony with one another. Technology or magic may allow intelligent creatures to live in perfect harmony with nature, but never with each other. Cliques and power-groups form as a result of instinct and ambition. Even in a post-scarcity society people will always jockey for higher social standing and to have more <something> than their fellows.

Maybe a utopia could exist if the creatures that occupy that utopia had vastly different instincts than anything that exists in nature and were created with that society already in place. You'd have to homebrew them though, since there's nothing in print that fits that description except maybe certain celestial creatures.