Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
Rant:
Spoiler
Show

The story is really not as gripping as Black/White Original, and so far hasn't made me want to replay it at all. I don't even know if New Team Plasma has done anything besides halfheartedly threaten to TAEK OVER THA WURLD with the power of TEH DARGONS
I'm only at Mistralton (terrible weekend work-wise) but yeah, I agree with
Spoiler
Show
the return to cartoonish villainy. Cartoonish in the take-over-the-world sense. And I noticed a lot more people talking about the bonds between people and pokemon, or trainers always talking about how much fun your pokemon and their pokemon had battling. It seemed as if Game Freak was trying to tell the kids who played the last game that they shouldn't feel bad about making their pokemon fight because they like it. Then I realized something:

I had been talking to a friend about how Team Plasma's antics probably set back any legitimate pokemon welfare groups in the universe by years; if there was an actual pokemon welfare movement then Team Plasma would have completely delegitimized it. So while some of the people you talk to and trainers you fight have been genuinely thoughtful the past couple of years about how to better pokemons' lives, many of them are probably just trying to justify their actions even more, because Team Plasma's extremism and Ghetsis' Complete Monstery turned them off from then entire movement.