Thread: Gunslinger Handbook?

1. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gunslinger Handbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Didn't....Cieyrin (I think) make one?

Yup, he did: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...3#post11719683
    I think he wanted more of a Finished handbook.
    Cieyrins, while thorough, is only about 50-70% finished.
    But it is the _most_ complete one I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Not to be a D-bag, but that is remarkably unhelpful.
    Saying "not to be a d-bag" kind of has the opposite meaning...
    And your original question was pretty vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I've already pegged the mean power of the gunslinger (you do have that pretty spot-on), but what I'm trying to find is where his power caps after being full-tilt hyper-optimized.
    ...Paladin on the otherhand is also T5, but when optimized to the nines reaches the upper end of T3 or even the very bottom of T2 levels of power and versatility.
    Assuming we are talking Straight PF here, and no 3.5, I don't think the Paladin quite reaches low T2 or High T3. He's still mainly a "fighting" class, and only gets 4th level spells at best.

But back to the main topic:
    Assuming a Single Class Gunslinger, I'd say it has the same ceiling as the Fighter, T4
    You have NO spells, and all you can really do is Shoot things.
    4 Skills/Level with no reason to boost INT means you aren't going to be Skill-Monkey-ing, although Mysterious Stranger can make a decent Party-Face in a pinch, but even then, it has no real Bonuses to the Diplo-skills outside of it being CHA-dependent.

In-combat it will be good, with a variety of ways to shoot things.
    Through various Deeds it can pile all of it's Shots into 'one big Shot'
    It can inflict Bleed damage based on your DEX mod, OR 1/round STR, DEX, or CON bleed.
    It has very limited Debuffing ability.
    It gets a DEX-based Death Attack.

Final verdict: VERY Firearm-Combat specialized, and not much use outside of combat. T4 at best.

If you take Muticlassing into consideration, then it possibly becomes MUCH better, as it is a VERY dippable class, 5 level of most Archetypes gets you DEX to Damage, and Mysterious Stranger is solid with just 1 level.
    But, with Multiclassing, your Tier Limit is potentially more based on your NON-Gunslinger class than anything.
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2012-11-04 at 03:51 PM.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide