View Single Post

Thread: [D&D 4E] Threats to the Nentir Vale (IC)

1. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Threats to the Nentir Vale (IC)

Growling savagely, the guardsman pulls the door open wide enough to snatch the parchment from Lann's fingertips. Slowly reading over the captain's missive, causes the man's eyes to widen in consternation. Gripping the vellum tightly the guard starts shaking in an uncontrollable fashion, as veins bulge in his neck and he starts turning a bright shade of purple. You fear he's had some sort of anxiety attack or mental breakdown when all of a sudden he returns to normal. After regaining control of his faculties he calmly crumples up the note and tosses it to the ground in disdain.

"I don't give a damn what Faringray says, no one is getting in to speak with Blackwater! Now I'm going to ask you and your associates one more time to move along. And should you make the unwise decision to disturb this house again, I'll make sure that you spend a few nights in the dungeons.", he hisses, slamming the door in your faces.

Perception DC 13
    Spoiler
    Show
    Getting a better look at the guardsman when he moves to snatch the correspondence from Lann, it's quite noticeable that his uniform is rather undersized for his large frame.

Perception DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the door is being shut several red splotches can be seen on the wood in the entryway. While only managing to get a quick glimpse, there is a strong possibility that it was blood.

Insight DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having interacted with more than a handful of Fallcrest guards this man's lack of respect for Faringray was disturbing. Every guard you'd come into contact with at this point either respected the guard captain or feared him. None were brazen enough to disregard a direct order from the man.

OOC: Lann
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get a +1 to the Insight check.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-01-11 at 06:23 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.